- Khasab Fjord & Smuggler's Nest, Musandam, OmanWe flew 1,5 hours with Oman Air from Oman's capital Muscat to [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khasab|Khasab]] ...
... the isolated smuggler's nest, surrounded by deep fjord Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Apr 17, 2017
- Muscat, OmanThursday November 24
Today, we enjoyed beautiful Muscat, Oman - the second cleanest city in the world (after Singapore).
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/862706/Muscat_taxi_drivers.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/862706/thumb_Musca Posted by HosMiniTravels in Travels to Asia | Nov 28, 2016
- Khasab, OmanHow time flies when you’re having fun! We’ve covered 3 stops since my last blog entry. Today’s our second day at sea so there’s lots of time to catch up!
Tuesday, November 22
In Khasab, Oman, which is Posted by HosMiniTravels in Travels to Asia | Nov 27, 2016
- Muscat, OmanWe are only in Muscat for two nights, so one full day really. Arrived at tea-time Saturday and found our hotel no problem.
We are staying in the Mutrah area about a twenty minute walk from the Mutrah Posted by ClareRoach in The Big One! | May 31, 2015
- Oman BitsPosting a map of where we went while in Oman (click on "Oman Map" below) as well as a few pics of our favorite places. The rest of the pics are under the "photography" link on the right side Posted by madpax in Ramble On... | Mar 8, 2015
- Du bye byeOur flight doesn't leave until 2am Sunday morning so we stayed in our hotel room until the last possible minute today and then took the metro train downtown to see the infamous Dubai Mall. We had great intentions of Posted by madpax in Ramble On... | Feb 28, 2015
- Back in the UAELeaving Salalah, we took the interior road and whoever wrote that it was the most uninteresting drive on the planet was right. It took 9 hours of non-stop driving to reach Nizwa. Nine hours of flat, windy desert. Posted by madpax in Ramble On... | Feb 26, 2015
- Headed NorthSpent the day exploring a bit around Salalah. We drove southwest of town toward the Yemeni border just past Mughsail to see some of the most beautiful, secluded beaches we have ever seen. The sand was like powder Posted by madpax in Ramble On... | Feb 23, 2015
- Salalah, OmanMasirah Island was worth the trip even though the wind was just shy of gale force. There is a good road that circles around the perimeter of the island with dirt tracks that shoot off in all directions, either Posted by madpax in Ramble On... | Feb 22, 2015
- Masirah Island, OmanWe arrived on Masirah Island yesterday afternoon after a stroke of good luck having rocked right up to the car ferry just minutes before it left. There was a truck in front of us who turned out to be Posted by madpax in Ramble On... | Feb 19, 2015
- Tiwi, OmanWe've stopped for the day in the small town of Tiwi, having left Muscat this morning. We've been on a small coastal road for a while this afternoon which has been just beautiful and not much for other people. Posted by madpax in Ramble On... | Feb 18, 2015
- Oman by way of ChicagoThis trip starts out with a flight to Richardson, TX. Over the years I have worked in Fort Worth for a number of years and as a result I spent a lot of time flying in and out of D/FW Posted by fracmeister in SPE President Travels | Jan 29, 2015
- Turtles on the Coast: OmanThe piggies decided to go to Oman only after a visit to the embassy to get extra pages in their passport (they only had one left) and once they were set up with a friend of a friend for a Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Sep 20, 2014
- Muscat, Oman, UAEWe woke up to a different world after two days at sea. The arid and rocky Western Al Hajar Mountains dominate the landscape of Muscat.
The city lies on the Arabian Se Posted by Culinerrion in Bangkok to Dubai - 2014 | Apr 26, 2014
- Day 32 - At seaToday is Mother's Day.... Apparently! Another sea day and Christine is still trying to get better before Aqaba and that trip into Petra, unfortunately she feels worse and she has finished the antibiotics. Hmmmmmm........she heads back to the doctor for Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Apr 23, 2014
- Day 31 - At sea moving away from SalalahStill in pirate territory so part of the promenade deck is off limits during the day and all off limits from sunset to sunrise. More than half the ship is coughing and sniffing. It's still sunny so many Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Apr 23, 2014
- Day 30 - Salalah, Oman Last night Christine saw the Dr and he said he could write her a note to get out of the shore excursion, but as she said it should be an easy day as the tour was mainly on the bus, Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Apr 20, 2014
- Day 26 - MuscatChristine drags herself out of bed as we have booked on a tour today. We will be visiting a fort and hot springs. Christine has her bag filled with water, tissues and strepsils as well as a camera and purse.
First Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Apr 14, 2014
- Day 25 - At sea heading towards MuscatChristine is really feeling the effects of the bug, not sleeping well - yes even worse than usual. Need to be better for tomorrow so minimal activity during the day. After dinner we head across to the Palladium theatre to Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | Apr 14, 2014
- 2011 - H & A WORLD CRUISE - SALALAH We have now moved down the Arabian sea to Salalah, also in Oman.
The schedule today has me going to a lookout over the ocean, a spring in the desert, an archaeological dig and a fishing village.
Wake up to a glorious Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 8, 2013
- 2011 - H & A WORLD CRUISE - MUSCAT ===ARRIVING AT MUSCAT - OMAN===
A GREAT LOOKING CASTLE ON A HILL & A LOVELY BLUE MOSQUE...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_P1050833. Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 8, 2013
- A Day in Muscat We're all up fairly early and head downstairs for the breakfast buffet. It's as large as the one we enjoyed in Al Ain. Chaz and Chandler each have made to order omelets and I feast on fresh fruit, yogurt, smoked Posted by ncoats in Christmas in Abu Dhabi | Dec 31, 2013
- Camping in OmanAl Ain is just on the border between UAE and Oman, which makes it easy to go away camping for a weekend.
In the evening we crossed the border and drove a couple of hours east, through the mountains, to the Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Nov 22, 2013
- Stop spreading rumours...!This will probably be my last entry for Oman...because honestly how much can one write about a place they are no longer visiting..? I left Oman about a week ago, but still have a few things left to post about Posted by KateCastle in Muscat, Oman | Oct 9, 2013
- Baby stepsWell, I finally dragged myself off my computer and got out of the hotel before it got too dark to venture out and went off for a walk. There's a restaurant right next door, but I didn't go in, because Posted by KateCastle in Muscat, Oman | Sep 21, 2013