- Camping in OmanAl Ain is just on the border between UAE and Oman, which makes it easy to go away camping for a weekend.
In the evening we crossed the border and drove a couple of hours east, through the mountains, to the Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Nov 22, 2013
- Stop spreading rumours...!This will probably be my last entry for Oman...because honestly how much can one write about a place they are no longer visiting..? I left Oman about a week ago, but still have a few things left to post about Posted by KateCastle in Muscat, Oman | Oct 9, 2013
- Baby stepsWell, I finally dragged myself off my computer and got out of the hotel before it got too dark to venture out and went off for a walk. There's a restaurant right next door, but I didn't go in, because Posted by KateCastle in Muscat, Oman | Sep 21, 2013
- Just arrived - in one piece, thank GodEmirates is a great airline (especially on the long trip from JFK), but that plane to Muscat from Dubai was a little scary. First, when the engine started, we got the smell of smoke in the cabin area where I Posted by KateCastle in Muscat, Oman | Sep 21, 2013
- May 20 Day 15May 20
Day 15 of cruise
Sadly, today is the last full day on board the ship. We have just finished going through the info flyers about departing tomorrow, and it looks like we'll be leaving the ship sometime around 8:45 Posted by mutzy in Mutzes on 3 Continents and 3 Seas | May 20, 2013
- Our present positionMark just commented that we have never been so far away from home.....
Posted by mutzy in Mutzes on 3 Continents and 3 Seas | May 19, 2013
- Jebel Shams The last major excursion of my visit to Oman was to Jebel Shams ("Mountain of the Sun" in Arabic), the highest mountain in the country. On the way we again past through Nizwa and its spectacular fort about 2 Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 23, 2013
- Two Day Expedition to the Wahiba SandsA must do in Oman is to venture out and stay overnight in the desert and my chance to do it had arrived. I booked myself a personal driver/guide with a Toyota 4WD Landcruiser and booked a night at the Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 20, 2013
- Sultan Qaboos Grand MosqueThe most impressive building in Muscat is the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque completed in 2001 to celebrate the 30th year of the Sultan's reign. It dominates the southern view from Highway 1 as it speeds through central Muscat.
The mosque, Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 19, 2013
- The Jewel of Muscat BoatyardHaving seen the hall dedicated to the Jewel of Muscat recreated 9th Century Arab Dhow the previous day at the Bayt Al-Zubair Museum in Old Muscat we had the opportunity through a close contact of my cousins to see the Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 18, 2013
- Mutrah and Old MuscatBuilding (largely by workers from India and the sub-continent) seems to be happening everywhere in Muscat, indeed everywhere in Oman. New international airport, new railway network, 4G upgrade to the telecom network; a major new infrastructure project see Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 17, 2013
- 4WD Rustaq to Misfat al AbreyeenWith rocky mountains and sand dunes, 4WD excursions are a must in Oman and the drive from Rustaq to Misfat al Abreyeen over the Snake Pass in the Western Hajar Mountains is one of the most spectacular in the country.
Our Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 15, 2013
- A Concert by the National Symphony OrchestraI reached Muscat just before midnight after a 7.5 hour flight from Zurich. There was about an hour long stop over in Dubai where most people got off and the cabin was noticeably less formal once the flight was resumed.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 13, 2013
- Leg 2 - Zurich (Switzerland) to Muscat (Oman)
Depart: Zurich CH (ZRH), 12th Feb 2013 12:45 Central European Time (GMT+1)
Includes Stop (30 minutes): Dubai (DXB) 12th Feb 2013 21:40-22:20 Gulf Standard Time (GMT+4)
Arrive Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 13, 2013
- BangkokDear Friends.
I am Alex. I will be visiting Bankok from 10 June to 20 june.
If U are intrested we can meet up.
Best Regards. Posted by Alex dsouza in 10 JUNE to 20 JUNE 2012. | Jun 6, 2012
- MuscatOman was a bit of a “last minute” (a week or two) schedule change. Initially the cruise was supposed to go to Cochin, India, but the port ended up getting booked full, so they decided on Oman instead. No complaints Posted by itengoredhair in (Professional) Global Nomads | Mar 18, 2012
- 4 Weeks in OmanCurrency: 1 Omani Rial = $0.40cents AUS.
The main reason we chose Oman as our first country was to put some time and distance between ourselves and the end of the European winter. We are extremely glad we did - Oman Posted by Nomadiq2 in HavBootsWillTravel | Apr 15, 2012
- One Week to GoWith only one week to go before I fly out of Muscat I thought it would be wise to test out how to use this blog setup and it seems it has no spell check so no complaints from those Posted by Tony's Travels in Just Three Letters - U S A | Jan 24, 2012
- Oman Diving Trip**Please note if you are struggling to see our landscape photos you can click on photography to the right and can see them better.
Wednesday we skipped on over to Oman as you do for a fantastic boat ride and oh Posted by drBrooky in Central/South America | May 1, 2011
- RisteilemässäRisteiltiin viikko Persianlahden suunnilla (kts. kartta)
Mahtavan rentoututtavan viikon eri tunnelmia on haastava kuvailla:
Kitchahtavasti sisustettu, mutta varsin hieno laiva täynnä italialaisia tuo oman näkökulmansa asiaan.
Oman Posted by vilmalotta in Levoton sielu | Apr 27, 2011
- 2011 - My Tiki Tour (Part 5 - Sur, Oman)
Thursday 24 February – Muscat to Sur on the new road via Qurayat. The scenery on this new road is great, lots of mountains, wadis, villages and so on. Arrived at about 6:00pm. E Posted by nzhamsta in Glynn's travel blog | Feb 27, 2011
- 2011 - My Tiki Tour (Part 4 - Muscat, Oman)
Monday 21 February - An early start for the bus from Dubai to Muscat in Oman. It was an empty bus with only four passengers, an Omani businessman, an Indian guest worker who had b Posted by nzhamsta in Glynn's travel blog | Feb 23, 2011
- Salalah, OmanSalalah is the second largest town in the Sultanate of Oman is known as the “perfume capital of Arabia”.
A group of 3 ladies and myself organised a private tour of the region in a modern air conditioned 4WD to Posted by dpedler in MV Discovery - 2009 | Aug 22, 2010
- Muscat, OmanToday the ship arrived in Muscat, the capital of Oman. The first thing that hits you as the ship nears the port is the striking volcanic mountains and the huge incense burner on the side of the port’s entrance (in Posted by dpedler in MV Discovery - 2009 | Aug 22, 2010
- Day 3 I am not entirely sure what day it is, but it is our first morning in Muscat. I feel tired and confuse, but happy to finally be here. Even though I am sure that I Posted by SarahMay86 in Oman | Dec 21, 2006