- Merry ChristmasMerry Christmas, Feliz Navidad, to everyone. May the joy of the Christmas season be with you, no matter where you are and we wish you Peace, Love and Happiness for the New Year. [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/432684/large_Merry-Chri..rom-Pa Posted by rhislop in Panama Possibilities | Dec 24, 2014
- Rubber clocksIt's been over a month since we've posted on the blog. Sorry for the time lapse but even though the clocks in Panama are rubber (being flexible with time) our days have been flying by. During previous trips to Posted by rhislop in Panama Possibilities | Dec 20, 2014
- Panama Canal lives up to the hype
Panama City was great fun, once we got to Casco Viejo. People kept telling us it wasn't the best place to be so we spent our first night in what looked like the business district on recom Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 4, 2014
- Rainy SeasonWe had been told that Panama has two seasons; Rainy and Sunny or Wet and Dry, take your pick they're both the same. I prefer rainy and sunny because on many of the rainy days it is still sunny and Posted by rhislop in Panama Possibilities | Nov 12, 2014
- Settling In
The process of getting your Pensionado Visa is only the beginning of all the necessary paperwork to be completed to live in Panama. Our passports were returned to us on Friday Posted by rhislop in Panama Possibilities | Nov 2, 2014
- Testing the watersPrior to coming to Panama for this extended stay we started the necessary paperwork to obtain a Pensionado Visa. This would give us retiree discounts on almost every purchase except booze and groceries. Additionally, there are special lines for retirees Posted by rhislop in Panama Possibilities | Oct 24, 2014
- We made it!
That is our view from our south facing deck. Since Panama lays east and west in our world we look directly south to the Pacific Ocean. Sunrises to the left and sunsets Posted by rhislop in Panama Possibilities | Oct 15, 2014
- Hola PanamaBuenos Tardes mi amigos (Good afternoon my friends)...I made it to Panama, what an experience.
We had to be at the United Airlines Cargo (Pet Care) area at 5am on the 9th. I don't us Posted by rhislop in Tashi Tales | Oct 12, 2014
- Shiny, New SubwayThere really was no need for us to take the subway, but how could I pass up the opportunity to ride a brand new subway? It opened in April as the first line of a broader transportation plan for this Posted by BettinaNYC in Breaking Away in 2014 | Oct 7, 2014
- Wonky thoughts: Panama City's Casco ViejoI had an amazing time walking around Casco Viejo and I couldn't help but think how this kind of development would play out in New York City. It is one of the oldest parts of Panama City and the area, Posted by BettinaNYC in Breaking Away in 2014 | Oct 7, 2014
- Partying with the PanamaniansWhen a former colleague of Chad's who is from Colon, Panama learned we would be in Latin America during the summer, the invitations rolled in: a wedding anniversary, two birthday parties and a biannual family reunion. It was a busy Posted by BettinaNYC in Breaking Away in 2014 | Oct 7, 2014
- And So The Garden Lives On…Without Us[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
We knew back in April that, at some point, we’d be leaving the hard work ahead of us behind us, and so it has Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Oct 3, 2014
- Three Months of Adventures in Permaculture, Panama Edition:Well, just yesterday, we hit three months of working on our project here in Arenosa, Panama. The property, just over two acres, is basically bisected by a sidewalk. The owners have given us free reign over one side and asked Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Jul 20, 2014
- Panamanic Perma Progression: 10 Things from the Last Month[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
Another month down, and I’ve come to own up to the progress we’ve made on our permaculture project in Panama. It see Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Jun 13, 2014
- Permaculture? Panama? Can Two Vagabond Gardeners Have It All[center][[jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
Setting out in early November, our goal was to travel from Guatemala to Patagonia in roughly six months, arriving about yes Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | May 18, 2014
Hi friends and family.
After several failed attempts to try to send photos via email we think the easiest way will be to post them in a blog. This is our first blog so please be patient as we learn how Posted by jh7 in South America 2014 | May 2, 2014
- Sonnenaufgang am VulkanIhr Lieben,
Heute erzähle ich euch von einem Ausflug, den ich ganz ohne Zweifel zu dem bisher anstrengendsten meines Lebens küre.
Am Montag sind wir nach Boquete gefahren, weiter im Westen von Panama. Da gibts einen Vulkan mit 3400m Höhe, auf den Posted by Nala09 in Pura Vida - Tour | Apr 18, 2014
- Krasse KontrastePanama City ist eine verrückte Stadt. Auf der einen Seite Wolkenkratzer, auf der anderen heruntergekommene Hütten, viele Ecken mit sehr sehr unheimlichen Straßen, die wir sogar tagsüber meiden... Glücklicherweise wird man von den Einheimischen oder von de Posted by Nala09 in Pura Vida - Tour | Apr 13, 2014
- DAY TWELVE - Thursday April 10,2014One might say the whole day today is a tour day as we are about to traverse the 48 mile Panama Canal. Set the alarm for 6:00 am CDT and checked
on the Channel with our navigation. Found Posted by lukskytest in Queen Victoria 2014 Trip | Apr 12, 2014
- Start ins AbenteuerWir waren super pünktlich am Flughafen FFM und hatten ewig Zeit bis zum Abflug, aber wenn da nicht noch was käme, wäre das ja eine ziemlich langweilige Geschichte. Schon am Check-in sind wir nämlich gescheitert: Nach Panama darf man nur Posted by Nala09 in Pura Vida - Tour | Apr 8, 2014
- Un día en el Royal Decameron - A day at Royal DecameronRío Hato, Coclé, Panamá.
Mi mujer y yo teníamos una especial oportunidad para pasar su cumpleaños en el Hotel Decamerón en el área de Río Hato, prov Posted by adosuarez in Mis viajes - My trips | Apr 3, 2014
3rd Mar to 4th Mar: After finishing up the party in Rio, it was time to say goodbye to South America and hello to Central America. Our next destination was Panama, however we had to fly via Miami to get Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Mar 17, 2014
- Carnaval in Panama CityOur time in Panama is drawing to an end and we are already dreaming of a return trip. Our last night at the BOO, Coronado Bay Condos, was another potluck on the roof. There was a wide array of foods Posted by rhislop in Living the Daily Adventure | Mar 2, 2014
- Hairy KneesI was sitting at the pool a few days ago, diligently working on my tan and reading The Painted House by John Grisham, when one our new friends announced, "Damn, I'm getting hairy knees!" I looked up from my Posted by rhislop in Living the Daily Adventure | Feb 27, 2014
- PanamaIn Panama we saw basically just Bocas Del Toro. “The main attraction of Central America”, ”Paradise on Earth” all this you can read on the internet or in guide books. All people we met were excited about the islands so Posted by roman.cibulka in Trav The Traveller | Feb 20, 2014