- Three Months of Adventures in Permaculture, Panama Edition:Well, just yesterday, we hit three months of working on our project here in Arenosa, Panama. The property, just over two acres, is basically bisected by a sidewalk. The owners have given us free reign over one side and asked Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Jul 20, 2014
- Panamanic Perma Progression: 10 Things from the Last Month[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
Another month down, and I’ve come to own up to the progress we’ve made on our permaculture project in Panama. It see Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Jun 13, 2014
- Permaculture? Panama? Can Two Vagabond Gardeners Have It All[center][[jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
Setting out in early November, our goal was to travel from Guatemala to Patagonia in roughly six months, arriving about yes Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | May 18, 2014
Hi friends and family.
After several failed attempts to try to send photos via email we think the easiest way will be to post them in a blog. This is our first blog so please be patient as we learn how Posted by jh7 in South America 2014 | May 2, 2014
- Sonnenaufgang am VulkanIhr Lieben,
Heute erzähle ich euch von einem Ausflug, den ich ganz ohne Zweifel zu dem bisher anstrengendsten meines Lebens küre.
Am Montag sind wir nach Boquete gefahren, weiter im Westen von Panama. Da gibts einen Vulkan mit 3400m Höhe, auf den Posted by Nala09 in Pura Vida - Tour | Apr 18, 2014
- Krasse KontrastePanama City ist eine verrückte Stadt. Auf der einen Seite Wolkenkratzer, auf der anderen heruntergekommene Hütten, viele Ecken mit sehr sehr unheimlichen Straßen, die wir sogar tagsüber meiden... Glücklicherweise wird man von den Einheimischen oder von de Posted by Nala09 in Pura Vida - Tour | Apr 13, 2014
- DAY TWELVE - Thursday April 10,2014One might say the whole day today is a tour day as we are about to traverse the 48 mile Panama Canal. Set the alarm for 6:00 am CDT and checked
on the Channel with our navigation. Found Posted by lukskytest in Queen Victoria 2014 Trip | Apr 12, 2014
- Start ins AbenteuerWir waren super pünktlich am Flughafen FFM und hatten ewig Zeit bis zum Abflug, aber wenn da nicht noch was käme, wäre das ja eine ziemlich langweilige Geschichte. Schon am Check-in sind wir nämlich gescheitert: Nach Panama darf man nur Posted by Nala09 in Pura Vida - Tour | Apr 8, 2014
- Un día en el Royal Decameron - A day at Royal DecameronRío Hato, Coclé, Panamá.
Mi mujer y yo teníamos una especial oportunidad para pasar su cumpleaños en el Hotel Decamerón en el área de Río Hato, prov Posted by adosuarez in Mis viajes - My trips | Apr 3, 2014
3rd Mar to 4th Mar: After finishing up the party in Rio, it was time to say goodbye to South America and hello to Central America. Our next destination was Panama, however we had to fly via Miami to get Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Mar 17, 2014
- Carnaval in Panama CityOur time in Panama is drawing to an end and we are already dreaming of a return trip. Our last night at the BOO, Coronado Bay Condos, was another potluck on the roof. There was a wide array of foods Posted by rhislop in Living the Daily Adventure | Mar 2, 2014
- Hairy KneesI was sitting at the pool a few days ago, diligently working on my tan and reading The Painted House by John Grisham, when one our new friends announced, "Damn, I'm getting hairy knees!" I looked up from my Posted by rhislop in Living the Daily Adventure | Feb 27, 2014
- PanamaIn Panama we saw basically just Bocas Del Toro. “The main attraction of Central America”, ”Paradise on Earth” all this you can read on the internet or in guide books. All people we met were excited about the islands so Posted by roman.cibulka in Trav The Traveller | Feb 20, 2014
- Permaculture: Not Just about 80’s Hairstyles[center][[jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
If permaculture is not a reference to 80’s fashion, then what exactly is it and why should you give a follicle? Well, the s Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Feb 17, 2014
- Happy Valentine's Day 2014Happy Valentine's Day to everyone. Hopefully, you are with the one you love and can share the that great feeling.
On Wednesday, February 12th, a group of residents from our condo building go Posted by rhislop in Living the Daily Adventure | Feb 14, 2014
- Escape to Boquete[center][/center]
After wading through the litter to escape Bastimentos, it would be something of an understatement to say we were keen to move on. We were, in fact, desperate not to leav Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Feb 9, 2014
- Bocas del Toro: Island Paradise[center][/center]
Having rung in the new year in Puerto Viejo it was time for a change of scene. Just a short boat ride from Puerto Viejo lie the Caribbean islands of Bocas del Toro. Duri Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Feb 9, 2014
- Chicken Run Dos-Punto-Huevo: Trapped in Panama[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
The stench was awful. Piles of feces coated the floor of their tiny enclosure. It was better than what they’d get in Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Feb 8, 2014
- Old farts spar on bridgeThe time speeds by when you are having fun and discovering new sites, tastes and sounds. We've been spending a lot of time looking at various condos in the area from Gorgona to Playa Blanco. Most have some compelling reason Posted by rhislop in Living the Daily Adventure | Feb 6, 2014
- A Multitude of Death-Defying Acts in Lake Gatun[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
My backside still wiggling into settled, legs not yet positioned, I was freshly sat in a kayak when, from below on t Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Jan 30, 2014
- To Truly Call Myself a Hobo[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
It’s no secret that, as the years I spend abroad increase, so does my capacity to do things I once would not have ev Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Jan 25, 2014
- One Fast WeekTime really flies when you are having fun or staying very busy. We're doing both! The only time there are more than five to six people on the beach is during the weekend, usually Saturday from noon until Sunday at Posted by rhislop in Living the Daily Adventure | Jan 21, 2014
- Happenings in the 'HoodWhen we first moved into our condo the rental agent started rattling off all the various activities that were available in the area. These ranged from Thursday night beach volleyball, to happy hours at a variety of restaurants, local fresh Posted by rhislop in Living the Daily Adventure | Jan 14, 2014
- 2010 K5 CORAL PRINCESS - THE PANAMA CANALTHE IDEA FOR ME HERE WAS - TO GO INTO THE CANAL, TENDER ASHORE, TAKE A TOUR TO AN INDIAN VILLAGE AND CATCH THE SHIP UP OUTSIDE THE CANAL. OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
IN THE EVENT, THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE. Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 9, 2013
- PANAMA CANAL TRANSIT
We arrived right at our appointed time, 7:30am, for our over $200,000.00, fifty mile, nine hour transit of the Panama Canal. Structures you see silhouetted by the mo Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Jan 11, 2014