- The LineToday we toured Casco Viejo. We wandered the old town upon arrival yesterday; today we were equipt with our guidebook, so it was official. It gave the history to accompany the sights - not that there are lists of "must-see Posted by LaurendeMatt in Panama | Feb 19, 2015
- PanamaniacsThis instalment covers my time in Panama City, most of which was spent in the company of my mother who was here to join me for a ten-day holiday. In my last update I left a few cliffhangers:
[b]Will she find Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Feb 28, 2015
- FEB 21 EXPLORING PANAMA CITYCASCO ANTIGUO - THE OLD QUARTERS
We take the new metro to Cinco de Mayo and walk into the old section of town. The metro is extremely efficient and costs 35 cents. Just buy a card with time on it and Posted by RDILL in Panama Bonaire Curacao 2015 | Feb 20, 2015
- Feb 20 A TRIP TO AN EMBERA VILLAGETHE EMBERA
We are picked up early and transported to the edge of the Chagres River, about a one hours drive from Panama City. We get into a longboat carved from a single tree , and motor upstream for Posted by RDILL in Panama Bonaire Curacao 2015 | Feb 20, 2015
- Feb 18 19 CUIDAD DE PANAMA[b]BACK TO PANAMA CITY[\b]
We pack and catch the morning bus. Concerns about the thousands all leaving at once are unfounded. As soon as one bus is filled up another arrives. By the time we have our tickets, we are ready Posted by RDILL in Panama Bonaire Curacao 2015 | Feb 18, 2015
- FEB 17 CARNAVAL LAS TABLAS AND SANTO DOMINGO[b]A DOUBLE DOSE[\b]
It is the last day of Carnaval. The day the queens are crowned. We take in Carnaval in Las Tablas for the afternoon - with more floats and partying. Each day the floats are different.
Later that Posted by RDILL in Panama Bonaire Curacao 2015 | Feb 16, 2015
- Casco Antiguo and the Biodiversity MuseumWe got a slow relaxed start to the day. We took the subway close to the old part of the city. We walked from the subway through a poorer part of town where the streets were full of people hawking Posted by katdill in Panama and Curacao | Feb 21, 2015
- FEB 15 16 CARNAVAL LAS TABLAS IN FULL SWINGTHE PEOPLE
Living in Las Tablas during Carnaval can only be described as a wonderful cultural extravaganza. The population of the town increases tenfold from around 10,000 to approximately 100,000. People sleep with family, friends, in their car o Posted by RDILL in Panama Bonaire Curacao 2015 | Feb 16, 2015
- Back to Panama CityWe went to the Caribbean to relax and rest. The relaxing is inevitable when "on island time", the resting has proven more difficult for one reason or another. First the cat and the rooster, then the carnival with never-ending songs Posted by LaurendeMatt in Panama | Feb 18, 2015
- Visit to an Embera VillageWe got up early and got ready to be picked up at 7:30. Unfortunately, they did not arrive until 8:00, but in we got and went off to pick up the other people who were coming on the tour. This Posted by katdill in Panama and Curacao | Feb 20, 2015
- Bocas del No StarfishJack made Delicious breakfast sandwiches with egg, cheese, ham with a side of home fries and fruit: pineapple, papaya, banana. So much food. I fed the leftovers to the fish. Lee has a "compost pond" of sorts. The fish await Posted by LaurendeMatt in Panama | Feb 17, 2015
- Touching SlothBefore I set off on this 8-month odyssey, I thought there were bound to be times when I was miserable and lonely and wished I was back on the sofa watching Jeff Stelling on Soccer Saturday with a nice cup Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Feb 20, 2015
- FEB 14 15 CARNAVAL LAS TABLASCARNAVAL
We immerse ourselves in Carnaval un. Every afternoon beginning around 11 people head for the main plaza. Police do a body check and then throngs pack into the main square and main streets. Vendors sell food. There is Posted by RDILL in Panama Bonaire Curacao 2015 | Feb 14, 2015
- Visiting the Panama CanalBaru Lodge provides us with breakfast every day and we get to eat in a room open to the garden. Lovely view to have while eating.
Don and I went out and walked around th Posted by katdill in Panama and Curacao | Feb 19, 2015
- FEB 13 14 LEAVING SANTA CATALINA ARRIVAL LAS TABLAS FROM SANTA CATALINA TO LAS TABLAS
One more day in Santa Catalina relaxing and then off to Las Tablas. I am a bit nervous as I need to meet up with Brother Don and Kathy and I know the buses will Posted by RDILL in Panama Bonaire Curacao 2015 | Feb 14, 2015
- Nachyo MammasThrough our b&b host connections, we chartered a boat with our twin couple (we seem to be on the same itinerary). Eagle-eye Chris was our local boatman captain. We left at 9:30 and returned at 3:30.
First stop was off Isla Posted by LaurendeMatt in Panama | Feb 16, 2015
- FEB 11 and 12. More Snorkel AdventuresISLA RANCHERIA
The clouds have left and it is sizzling by 10 am. We paddle back to the ranger station and Cutter, Erin and Monte leave us. Reese and Janielle go out diving and Simon, Anna, Liz and I kayak Posted by RDILL in Panama Bonaire Curacao 2015 | Feb 11, 2015
- Back in Panama CityWe were awakened by a huge racket this morning. Carnival was ending so part of it was shooting off fireworks and fire crackers for half an hour!! The sky was filled with smoke from them. At first we thought it Posted by katdill in Panama and Curacao | Feb 18, 2015
- Carnival in Las TablasDon and I traveled from Boquete to Las Tablas easily on the bus. It took 4 different buses, and about 6 hours, but only cost about $15 each. Quite a deal! We called Vitalina, our landlady, when we arrived and Posted by katdill in Panama and Curacao | Feb 18, 2015
- From Blah to BocasIt's Monday and it's a ghost town in downtown Panama City. It is a holiday today and there was slim pickings for breakfast. Sadly, we were relieved Don Blas was open and had open air seating. It is a chain, Posted by LaurendeMatt in Panama | Feb 15, 2015
- If they served cervezas, I'd never leaveWe upgraded to a room with a window.
After calling it a night in our "Superior Room" with no windows, Matthew awoke in cold sweats feeling trapped in a glass case of emotion. With mirrors. Lots of mirrors. We had Posted by LaurendeMatt in Panama | Feb 14, 2015
- Adios Winter! Hola Tropics!
With the impending blizzard, I crossed all my fingers and Matthew's that our Cop Posted by LaurendeMatt in Panama | Feb 13, 2015
- Saying Goodbye to New FriendsYesterday morning we got an early start and went for a walk down Volcancito Road to check out a side road. It led to a new little development called Volcancito Village. Lots of empty lots, some new homes and lovely Posted by katdill in Panama and Curacao | Feb 13, 2015
- FEB 09 Isla CoibaISLA COIBA
We gather and are ready to start at 9:30 am. It's an hour and a half boat ride to Isla Coiba, the largest Island in the Pacific region of Central America. 503 square kilometres,, 22 kilometres offshore - Posted by RDILL in Panama Bonaire Curacao 2015 | Feb 9, 2015
- Just a Few Days Left in BoqueteLate this morning we walked in to town. I wanted to try a new route. I had seen some Panamanian natives walking down a trail near our place, and thought it might be another shortcut to town. So game for Posted by katdill in Panama and Curacao | Feb 11, 2015