- Carnaval in Panama CityOur time in Panama is drawing to an end and we are already dreaming of a return trip. Our last night at the BOO, Coronado Bay Condos, was another potluck on the roof. There was a wide array of foods Posted by rhislop in Living the Daily Adventure | Mar 2, 2014
- Hairy KneesI was sitting at the pool a few days ago, diligently working on my tan and reading The Painted House by John Grisham, when one our new friends announced, "Damn, I'm getting hairy knees!" I looked up from my Posted by rhislop in Living the Daily Adventure | Feb 27, 2014
- PanamaIn Panama we saw basically just Bocas Del Toro. “The main attraction of Central America”, ”Paradise on Earth” all this you can read on the internet or in guide books. All people we met were excited about the islands so Posted by roman.cibulka in Trav The Traveller | Feb 20, 2014
- Permaculture: Not Just about 80’s Hairstyles[center][[jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
If permaculture is not a reference to 80’s fashion, then what exactly is it and why should you give a follicle? Well, the s Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Feb 17, 2014
- Happy Valentine's Day 2014Happy Valentine's Day to everyone. Hopefully, you are with the one you love and can share the that great feeling.
On Wednesday, February 12th, a group of residents from our condo building go Posted by rhislop in Living the Daily Adventure | Feb 14, 2014
- Escape to Boquete[center][/center]
After wading through the litter to escape Bastimentos, it would be something of an understatement to say we were keen to move on. We were, in fact, desperate not to leav Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Feb 9, 2014
- Bocas del Toro: Island Paradise[center][/center]
Having rung in the new year in Puerto Viejo it was time for a change of scene. Just a short boat ride from Puerto Viejo lie the Caribbean islands of Bocas del Toro. Duri Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Feb 9, 2014
- Chicken Run Dos-Punto-Huevo: Trapped in Panama[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
The stench was awful. Piles of feces coated the floor of their tiny enclosure. It was better than what they’d get in Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Feb 8, 2014
- Old farts spar on bridgeThe time speeds by when you are having fun and discovering new sites, tastes and sounds. We've been spending a lot of time looking at various condos in the area from Gorgona to Playa Blanco. Most have some compelling reason Posted by rhislop in Living the Daily Adventure | Feb 6, 2014
- A Multitude of Death-Defying Acts in Lake Gatun[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
My backside still wiggling into settled, legs not yet positioned, I was freshly sat in a kayak when, from below on t Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Jan 30, 2014
- To Truly Call Myself a Hobo[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
It’s no secret that, as the years I spend abroad increase, so does my capacity to do things I once would not have ev Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Jan 25, 2014
- One Fast WeekTime really flies when you are having fun or staying very busy. We're doing both! The only time there are more than five to six people on the beach is during the weekend, usually Saturday from noon until Sunday at Posted by rhislop in Living the Daily Adventure | Jan 21, 2014
- Happenings in the 'HoodWhen we first moved into our condo the rental agent started rattling off all the various activities that were available in the area. These ranged from Thursday night beach volleyball, to happy hours at a variety of restaurants, local fresh Posted by rhislop in Living the Daily Adventure | Jan 14, 2014
- 2010 K5 CORAL PRINCESS - THE PANAMA CANALTHE IDEA FOR ME HERE WAS - TO GO INTO THE CANAL, TENDER ASHORE, TAKE A TOUR TO AN INDIAN VILLAGE AND CATCH THE SHIP UP OUTSIDE THE CANAL. OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
IN THE EVENT, THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE. Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 9, 2013
- PANAMA CANAL TRANSIT
We arrived right at our appointed time, 7:30am, for our over $200,000.00, fifty mile, nine hour transit of the Panama Canal. Structures you see silhouetted by the mo Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Jan 11, 2014
- Panama Canal Have just passed thru the Panama Canal. It is its 100th year anniversary this year. What a busy canal. They are doing a new expansion to accommodate bigger , deeper ships! ( really??) A new Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Jan 11, 2014
- Panama ==Off to Central America==
Joe and I are off on another adventure, checking off Central America with Panama, Costa Rica, El Salvador and the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico, and also Cuba!
==Itinerary for Panama==
[map=592378 lat=8.76355601924586 l Posted by janejoe in Panama,CostaRica,El Salvador,Mexico,Cuba | Jan 9, 2014
- Views from the BOOKryss and I have been to Playa Coronado twice before and we have always stayed at the Coronado Bay Condos. Maybe it was familiarity that brought us back here, maybe it was the convenience of the beach and/or the relative Posted by rhislop in Living the Daily Adventure | Jan 8, 2014
- Happy New Year 2014Out of Panama City by 10:15am on New Year's Eve day, across the Bridge of the Americas, lots of ships lining up for the canal transit. We were in Coronado by 11:15am, fast trip. However, the traffic around Coronado was Posted by rhislop in Living the Daily Adventure | Jan 4, 2014
- Starting Another AdventureOff to Panama for a warm winter. Left the cold temps of Colorado for the humid climate of Central America. We left Denver at 8am on the 29 of December, 10 degrees F at the airport. Thankfully, Kryss's sister, Kate, Posted by rhislop in Living the Daily Adventure | Jan 2, 2014
- Panamanian ParadiseAnd so begins the epic journey to Panama...
Andy and I arrived at the airport in Rio with plenty of time to spare after getting off of our flight from Floripa. We immediately headed to the desk for Copa airlines to Posted by Pirty in Adventures in Latin America | Dec 10, 2013
- Survivor Panama: Exile IslandYesterday was our final full day on Bastimentos Island. We've loved it here--it reminds us of spending time at Warner's Landing Campground: an uncomplicated lifestyle in a beautiful location with nice people. Henry and Pearl had a Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Dec 8, 2013
- Days 11-13: Last Few Days in ParadiseHi all,
Sorry I have not posted in a while, but like I said, the wifi is spotty here on the beautiful Bastimentos Island in Panama. Despite that one downside, it is truly paradise here, with an ever-lapping sea, sunny skies, Posted by skwclar in Birding around the World | Dec 7, 2013
- Snorkeling beats shoveling snow anydayWe've enjoyed slowing down our lifestyle on Bastimentos Island. Yesterday we went swimming and kayaking.
Dave and neighbor Reese kayaking with Pearl hitching a ride behind
Just 50 yar Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | Dec 6, 2013
- SnorkelingToday I went on a boat ride and our captain was named Michael.
We took a boat to a lunch place. Afterwards we went snorkeling. I was so happy. I saw tiger fish, bra Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters Jr. | Dec 6, 2013