- About Shangri-La, New Guinea and the meaning of life. Part 3
There is a real welter on the runway: people are going from all over the village and just in a couple of minutes all the native population is already here.
[img=http:// Posted by Olga Michi in The world of Michi | Mar 12, 2015
- About Shangri-La, New Guinea and the meaning of life. Part 2
We leave the friendly village and get into the car. It's time to go back, because we have planned to buy fruit at the local market. Along the way we constantly come across Posted by Olga Michi in The world of Michi | Mar 5, 2015
- About Shangri-La, New Guinea and the meaning of life. Part 1
The soothing rain is knoсking upon the roof. Simon`s wooden house hastily hammered together fell into a deep sleep. Two of our guides and a whole team of porters are sleeping in the next roo Posted by Olga Michi in The world of Michi | Feb 22, 2015
- The unique "Airways" Hotel in Papua New GuineaMy new favourite hotel worldwide, combining luxury, design, exotic location, and a bit of "dangerzone" feeling: the [[http://www.airways.com.pg/|Airways]] in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/327999/large_8181BDDC0E9 Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Feb 25, 2015
- Charismatic Hotels: Airways, Port Moresby, Papua New GuineaMy new favourite hotel worldwide, combining luxury, design, exotic location, and a bit of "dangerzone" feeling: the [[http://www.airways.com.pg/|Airways]] in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/327999/large_8181BDDC0E9 Posted by LuxuryRogue in Luxury Rogue | Feb 5, 2015
- Bougainville Travel QuestionnaireDear traveller
• Are you considering travelling to the Autonomous Region of Bougainville*?
• Or have you already travelled to the Autonomous Region of Bougainville within the last 10 years?
*The Autonomous Region of Bougainville is defined as the isl Posted by Grant26 in Bougainville Travel Questionnaire | Oct 23, 2014
- New Britain to New Ireland with a smattering of New ZealandFlights in Papua New Guinea are of a different breed. There are no lights at any airports except Jacksons, in the capital, Port Moresby, so flights have to leave when the sun comes up and arrive by the time the Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Mar 10, 2014
- Welcome to ParadiseLuckily we never planned to stay long in Kuta - just a couple of days before Elin and I went our separate ways - her to the Philippines, and me to Papua New Guinea...
As you begin to descend into Hoskins, Posted by GoonishPython in The Great South East Asia Adventure | Mar 5, 2014
- Madang, Papua New Guinea [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/AB49FBD52219AC68171FA0 Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Feb 23, 2014
- Alotau, Papua New Guinea [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/A3C85A142219AC6 Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Feb 22, 2014
- 2011 B3 H & A WORLD CRUISE, XII - PAPUA NEW GUINEA===PAPUA NEW GUINEA=== IS GOING TO BE AN EXOTIC STOP.
[img=htt Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 8, 2013
- Ahhh Papua New GuineaI know enough of the world now to have almost lost the capacity of being much surprised by anything.
― Charles Dickens
I was excited for my voyage to visit [[http://www.youtube.com/ Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Aug 14, 2013
- Refrain from Sex, Part 2Papua New Guinea is truly a unique place in the world.
'No Smoking and No . . . ?'
Think about this for a second. The second largest island in the world is New Guinea and on t Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Aug 10, 2013
- Refrain from Sex, Part 1
'I would move to Texas in a second. - Father Adrian (Polish Priest living in PNG)'
An enormous pothole formed in the middle of a busy street. Deep enough that whe Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Jul 15, 2013
- Flying the Friendly International Skies
11 months ago, I knew my friend Scuba Steve from Tulsa was strongly considering being a volunteer with the Capuchins in Papua New Guinea. Before he even made his final decision, I book Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Jul 8, 2013
- Papua New GuineaNew Guinea is an island north of Australia, surrounded by numerous bodies of water, including the Bismarck sea, to the northeast, the Arafura sea to the south, and the Caram Sea to the west. I'm visiting the southern half of Posted by JPalmer15 in My World Trip | Oct 11, 2012
- Living in Tapini, PNGAfter a four month delay (waiting for visa), I finally flew out of Narrandera on the 17 April 2008 (My niece Aimee’s first birthday). Arrived in Sydney then flew to Brisbane. Met up with Des Hansen (the other Australian Posted by tonybozz in Tapini, PNG | Feb 8, 2012
- Wauwap Waterfall & Adventure - Madang, PNGHalopa is a Catholic village station within the hinterland of Alexishafen situated due north-west of Madang town. It is one of the most remote areas located towards the tip of the Adelbart Range in the upper higher lands of Madang’s Posted by TheosguidePNG in Theo's Travel Blog in PNG | Sep 8, 2011
- Coordinating tours in the East Sepik and SimbaiIt was the busiest time of the year with traffic at the airport and lots of passengers rushing in for check-in. We pushed our way through and finally made to the counter. Not long, we had our boarding call. It Posted by TheosguidePNG in Theo's Travel Blog in PNG | Dec 29, 2010
- Karkar Island, Madang - PNGOn the clear bright morning of Friday 8th May 2009 twelve of us, all 3rd year degree tourism and hospitality management students of Divine Word University, were on the ‘Elly 2' to Karkar Island.
The ‘Elly 2' is a 23 feet Posted by TheosguidePNG in Theo's Travel Blog in PNG | Oct 20, 2009
- Dad's IntroductionRochelle undertook hiking the Kokoda Track after completing 6 months of training with me, during which we completed a number of four-day hikes into the mountainous areas around NSW. Additionally, she would run 5km's 2-3 times a week and complete Posted by avoca in Kokoda Track 2011 | Jul 27, 2011
- Wednesday 20/7/2011Woke 7.15am. Repacked our packs. Had a shower then went up for breakfast. Had a full English breakfast each as dad said meals would be a bit erratic today. Jenny and Jordan came up for breakfast so we talked and Posted by avoca in Kokoda Track 2011 | May 31, 2011
- Tuesday 19/7/2011Woke 7.30am and packed our day pack. Then had breakfast, pancakes with cinnamon. YUM!! Played with the cat. Waited for the tour people to pick us up. We were planning to do a World War II tour. The people picked Posted by avoca in Kokoda Track 2011 | Jun 1, 2011
- Monday 18/7/2011Woke at 7.20am. Had breakfast, cereal and fruit. Packed my pack and waited to get picked up by Patty's Tours. We were planning to tour the islands by boat. They were meant to pick up at 9am but it ended Posted by avoca in Kokoda Track 2011 | Jun 3, 2011
- Sunday 17/7/2011Woke 7.15am. Had a shower then went upstairs for breakfast - full English Breakfast. YUM! Spent morning relaxing. At 12pm went to Air Nugini office in Alotau. Got our bag. Very glad!! Decided we would walk back to lodge and Posted by avoca in Kokoda Track 2011 | Jun 5, 2011