Blog Entries tagged 'Paris'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Paris'
- Paris finaleOK, just a few cool things to wrap up a most excellent 10 days (!) In Paris.
First a note about lily gilding. I did happen by chance to wander over to the Champs Elysees in the evening when I Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Dec 9, 2014
- More snapshots of ParisMy French expat friend Evelyn gave me an extensive list of must-do's in Paris and this entry is largely in honor of her success in laying out some great recommendations.
First, I went down to the Jardin des Plantes in Paris.
But Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Dec 7, 2014
- Snapshots of ParisThis is going to be a bit of a hodgepodge (is that one word or two-or is it even a word?). I am going to violate chronology a bit as well, probably. Suffice it to say that Paris Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Dec 5, 2014
- Louis Vuitton Museum - what all those handbags can buyYes, the infinite variety of the global microbiome finally caught up with me and I have a cold. It has slowed me down a bit both with sightseeing and with blogging, but I'll put this one up because it's Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Dec 2, 2014
- Paris, Pompidu and circumstanceHeaded into the center of Paris for the first time. My first reaction is - it looks exactly like Paris. It is such a photographed city that it is hard not to come with a preconception of the Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Nov 30, 2014
- ParisHad an early morning flight from Athens to Paris (economy class - oh, the horror!) and then negotiated the train and met with my host in Paris, Jean Jay. Settled into the apartment and did a bit of blogging, Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Nov 30, 2014
- So much to do in so little time!So this past weekend I made my first real trip outside of Besançon – to Paris! Because of the wonderful facts that I do not have classes on Fridays and that my first class on Mondays is in the Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Oct 15, 2014
- ParisWe got up crazy early and got a taxi to St. Pancras station where we caught the Eurostar to Paris. We checked into our hotel which seemed quite new but was in an old building. Our room was very white. Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Sep 19, 2014
- Paris 2010 Posted by C's Adventures in Photos and memories | Oct 6, 2014
- Life is more interesting when you don't understand it 100% !Well, I have passed yet another few exciting days of existence! Honestly; I think this week wins, and it’s only Tuesday!
Starting with the relatively mundane, I have purchased the train tickets for my first weekend trip – Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Sep 30, 2014
- Day 11 - Last day in Paris[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693821/Pompidou.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693 Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Sep 27, 2014
- Day 9 - Paris Tourist StuffThere were parts of today that I wasn't sure if I was in Paris or Rome. The building are so incredibly amazing. I'll have lots of pics for this day so ---- this is what I saw. Pic of Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Sep 25, 2014
- Paris 7Today we slept in until nearly 11 o’clock in the morning. It was great to relax a bit because we have been super touristy lately. We got croissants fresh from the oven for brunch from a boulangerie nearby called Mani.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 24, 2014
- Day 8 - ParisSleep in until 11:30 am....sooo pooped from yesterday...BUT HEY WE'RE IN PARIS!
Gone to eat a fresh baguette and cheese for breakfast ;o)
Really there is so much to see all w Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Sep 24, 2014
- Day 7 London ~~~~~ParisWe have lots of great plans to see as much of Paris in these four days without getting too tired.
So excited for this part of the trip since neither one of us have been to Paris before and Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Sep 23, 2014
- Paris 6We finally managed to get up early so we went for breakfast at the restaurant opposite us called Café Beauvau. We just got a quick coffee, freshly squeezed orange juice and croissant but we didn’t eat too much because we Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 23, 2014
- Paris 5Today we went back to Notre Dame. We managed to get in just before the tours, which was really lucky. Notre Dame has many complicated stained glass which was very similar to Sainte-Chapelle. My dad and I lit candles for Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 23, 2014
- Paris 4We went to Versailles Chateau today. We had to get a Metro and a RER train to get there. It was far away from Paris so it took us over an hour to get there. There were so many people Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 22, 2014
- Paris 3Today we caught the Big Bus (hop-on hop-off) to Notre Dame. We wanted to go in but the line was so long and you couldn't even use our Paris Pass to express the queue. Nearby Notre Dame is Sainte-Chapelle another Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 21, 2014
- Paris 2Even though it was our first day today we jumped right in by going to a lot of the main attractions. First off in the morning we went by train to the Louvre. It was so good that we got Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 19, 2014
- Barcelona to ParisToday we got to go on the TGV train. It was very long it took almost 7 hours! The train did not go TGV (train grand vitesse = very fast train), until we had well entered France, past Nimes. It Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 19, 2014
- Sailing AwayI am a lover of public radio and Diet Pepsi who decided to take the passion I have for the new and the noteworthy to Zaragoza. With my heart sewn carefully my sleeve and a head full of hopes and Posted by mirandabarrie in To Sail, Not Drift | Sep 16, 2014
- Food Food Glorious Food! - ParisOur time in Paris made me realise how good the French have it. It is a foodies paradise! There were specialty food stores at every turn, markets more than once a week and so much variety.
As Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 10, 2014
- Au Revoir ParisSo we are currently on the train heading away from the first stop of our adventure; the magnificent mistress that is Paris. We jammed in as much as possible (too much if you ask Lewis) exploring and seeing some of Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 10, 2014
- ParisMetro - always cheaper to get a 'carnet' or tickets. Look for your destination on the map and find the end of the line (not like London where lines are all Northbound, Southbound, Westbound etc).
Distances between metro stations are really Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Aug 29, 2014