Blog Entries tagged 'Perth'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Perth'
- The Pinnacles - back roads and bakeries"Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it." Greg Anderson
Sunday Drives (which could occur any day of the week) with my dad almost always involved many Posted by mark.kalie.kobi in Travelling Local | Oct 15, 2013
- Headed out of townSet out for Ballater this morning from Edinburgh - fresh with good maps and a working internet navigation app. Much easier - and even the detours in Edinburgh didn't send us in the wrong direction. The hotel - although it Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 28, 2013
- Sunshine in Fremantle!Yes - sun! Ok at least not rain. So we decided to go on an outing to Fremantle - something everyone here has said we should do.
Yes the Swan River Cruise is available - things are going well - we Posted by PeterandHilary in Australia 2013 | Sep 15, 2013
- The best pie in ...[float=left][/float]Everyone told us we had to try Perth pies - they are special. Even Josh had heard about them from Australians in Indonesia. So we sought out the best pie shop in Perth. That ha Posted by PeterandHilary in Australia 2013 | Sep 14, 2013
- Preconceptions being shattered[float=right][/float]So we arrived in Perth and got through customs without a hitch, despite having been honest about importing wood (Twining's tea presentation boxes) and tea bags. We collected o Posted by PeterandHilary in Australia 2013 | Sep 14, 2013
Carly and Daves wedding with our god son Jordles
===Because we spent so long in Byron we did a mad dash for Sydney. We stayed in Coffs harbor for 2 nights and left lef Posted by Jenaben in Living the dream Australia | Sep 4, 2013
- Home again Home again BuggerBumBitchAll good things must come to an end, and so our trip in South America ended after one more day in Cusco, once again looked after by the terrific Carlos of Second Home Cusco. Jac, Vicki and I had Posted by jackyandgraham in South Am | May 17, 2013
- The Beginning...Gidday All,
Im not going to do an awful lot of writing on this blog. But will use this to upload most of my photos for those who are not Facebook inclined.
Kicking of with Perth. Great way to start with some Posted by jonoandlesh in Jono and Lesh take on the world | Apr 24, 2013
- Margaret RiverThe Margaret River area is the south west toe of Western Australia about 3 hours drive from Perth. I had been there before on my previous visit to my cousins in Perth back in 2002 but definately wanted to go Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Mar 13, 2013
- A day in FreoFremantle Port (affectionately known as "'Freo" to the locals) sits at the mouth of the Swan River about 25 minutes west of Perth. It has retained its old buildings and charm and apart from the Port Authority Building itself doesn't Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Mar 12, 2013
- Park, Beach and Roos!One of the things Perth is rightly very proud of is Kings Park, 1,003 acres of park and bush overlooking the city and the vantage point for the quintessential postcard shot of Perth's skyscrapper skyline. Pride of place overlooking the Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Mar 10, 2013
- Rottnest IslandRottnest (or "Rotto") is a small island 12 miles off the Fremantle coast famed for its wildlife (and in particular "quokkas", cat sized marsupials) and used as an idyllic holiday retreat by the locals. The day started with catching the Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Mar 8, 2013
- Walk around PerthThe first place we visited in Perth was the Mint founded in 1899 as a result of all the gold being mined locally in the Western Australia's eastern goldfields. It is the oldest operating mint in Australia and one of Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Mar 6, 2013
- Western Australia - blue skies, beaches and bush [i]"If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for Posted by mark.kalie.kobi in Travelling Local | Feb 24, 2013
- Leg 4 – Bangkok (Thailand) to Perth (Australia)
Depart: Bangkok TH (BKK), 3rd Mar 2013 15:40 Indochina Time (GMT+7)
Arrive: Singapore SG (SIN), 3rd Mar 2013 19:10 Singapore Time (GMT+8)
889 miles (2 hours 30 minutes)
Fo Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Mar 3, 2013
- Australia...re-entry[i]'Oh Australia...it's the land of golden beaches, bright blue sky and crystal sea. Oh Australia, oh Australia - if you just ignore the bushfires, deadly spiders, poisonous snakes, vicious crocodiles and stingrays, lethal jellyfish and sharks it's the pl Posted by mark.kalie.kobi in A Very Gladwin Adventure | Jan 15, 2013
- Arriving in PerthSo, things were going way to smooth for us!......
Like I said, we arrived late Saturday night very early Sunday morning and I had previously booked us in for
one night in a hostel and a week in another hostel Posted by BumbleBee moll in Australia_Margaret&Paul's Adventure 2012 | Aug 2, 2012
- Day Six - Day Nine***forget to mention in the last post that as we were fuelling up in Laverton – just north above Kalgoorlie – I noticed this bloke pushing a pram, as he got closer he wheeled it into the service station and Posted by WanderingWilson in Wandering Wilson (Day One) | Jul 24, 2012
- Antennas PerthAntennas perth (http://www.tvantennasperth.com.au/) for your tv ought to mounted inside your home either near the rear or front windshield. Posted by darellkaith in Antennas Perth | Jul 18, 2012
- The Adventure Begins...I've been in Australia almost a week. I arrived in Cairns, Queensland, which is on the eastern coast, on the 12th. I was in a group with 8 other girls who are part of GlobaLinks, and we did a Bridging Posted by MelissaG in A New Kind of Country | Jul 16, 2012
- Less than one month to go... Well, here we are less than one month out from our 13 week trip around Europe. This long awaited adventure is about to be realised after many false starts and, some might say, crazy travel dreams. First up Posted by TenniLanefamily in Tenni-Lane's European Vacation! | Jun 1, 2012
- Arts Festival 2012 Perth11th February there was a special show called 'Place des Anges' for the opening of the 2012 Arts Festival.
In this major Festival celebration Angels landed on St Georges Terrace between Council House and St George's Cathedral in a breathtaking Posted by Busy Brabander in Far Away Down Under | Apr 25, 2012
- PerthFebruary 7th we arrived in Perth, the most isolated city in the world, on the western coast of Australia. To make our arrival the smoothest possible we stayed at Scarborough Beach 2 days to get familiar with the Australian Beach Posted by Busy Brabander in Far Away Down Under | Mar 14, 2012
- Last day, first Kangaroo!!Suddenly it´s here, the last day in Australia, the last day in Fremantle.
The last two nights both Barbro and us have been guests in Lis and Maartens house.
So this morning we spent some time together taking photos.
Look at this wonderful Posted by mariahenke in New Zealand & Australia 2012 | Feb 18, 2012
- PerthFremantle Maritime museum was a great museum. Among many other things they had this diving suit from the James Bond movie "For Your Eyes Only".
After the m Posted by mariahenke in New Zealand & Australia 2012 | Feb 18, 2012