- ON THE WAY TO LIMA THROUGH HUACACHINA & PARACASRyan and I finally met again on the Oltursa night bus from Arequipa to Ica. After Bolivia, I was expecting very limited bus service (last time I asked in Sucre if there would be food served on the night bus Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | May 27, 2016
- COLONIAL AREQUIPA & COLCA CANYONI arrived in Arequipa by bus with Vilma, a Finnish girl I had met in my hostel in Puno, and got there in about 5h. A Peruvian man came in and started preaching the importance of eating well and leading Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | May 22, 2016
- Passing through PeruThis last week has felt pretty different to the rest of our trip so far. We think its because we got bored.
After our Colca Canyon trip, we felt that we needed some time for rest and relaxation. So naturally we Posted by VGH on tour in South America | May 19, 2016
- EXPLORING LAKE TITICACA ISLANDS, FROM BOLIVIA TO PERUI got to Copacabana after 3h in a bus with beautiful views over the lake and met some nice people in the bus: Peter, Swedish, Leena, English, and Cesar, Italian. We all ended up going to the same hostel and Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | May 13, 2016
- Arequipa and the Colca canyonWe thought it was high time we had some sleeping time, to relax and recharge.
So with that in mind, we had planned to have 2-3 days in Cusco making carrot cake at our hostel (we spent the ENTIRE tramp around Posted by VGH on tour in South America | May 10, 2016
- Visiting Cusco Cathedral== Prayer==
Its time to visit the Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption of the Virgin, also known as Cusco Cathedral, is the mother church of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Cusco. The cathedral is located on the Plaza de Posted by Joshua Baldon in Get busy livin life (^-^) | May 5, 2016
- LAKE TITICACANow I finally got here in Lake Titicaca
loving the view.
[img=http://photos.tr Posted by Joshua Baldon in Get busy livin life (^-^) | May 5, 2016
- Cusco, Peru==Cusco, Peru==
Now I got here in Cusco I'm going to be taking a VIP Bus with Cruz del Sur. Cruz del Sur, one of Peru’s largest and most successful bus companies started to offer a standard bus service from Posted by Joshua Baldon in Get busy livin life (^-^) | May 5, 2016
- peru → brazil via amazonIn order to get to Brazil, we decided to take a boat ride down the Amazon, an adventure that started in Iquitos. I couldn't recommend this more!!!! $100 gets you 3 nights floating down the river on a huge Posted by scampyyy in south america | Feb 3, 2013
I found this to be an unnecessary stop, but I've also heard numerous people rave about it so I think it's one of those places that requires some time and exploration in order to truly appreciate it. We were Posted by scampyyy in south america | Nov 4, 2012
- Ausangate and the Rainbow Mountains!What is required for an epic adventure?
- A hand drawn map (yes because it was better than all the topographical ones for sale!)
- Employ a local horse + horseman to carry all your food and tent, leaving you with just Posted by VGH on tour in South America | May 3, 2016
- The Final LegThursday April 28th & Friday 29th – Lima & wrap up
Our final evening, we headed off to the ship’s Italian specialty restaurant, Toscana. Our first visit to Toscana was a bit disappointing as several folks found their meals not Posted by DavidandHazel in From Tahiti to Peru | May 2, 2016
- Machu Picchu, Cusco, and the Inca Trail
***I have moved the majority of my blog to [[http://www.tulsatrot.com|www.tulsatrot.com]]. You can read the entire blog there***
Fourteen years ago I served as a volunteer in Perú and it ha Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Apr 28, 2016
- Ocean Ocean EverywhereMonday – Thursday April 24 - 28th – At Sea & Lima Peru
We are back at sea after a frustrating day of watching and waiting for the seas to subside so that we could get off the ship at Easter Posted by DavidandHazel in From Tahiti to Peru | Apr 28, 2016
- Going to Titicaca== I've been here in the hotel for 2 days ==now its time to travel again. I wanted so bad to go straight to Lake Titicaca but I need to take another flight to get to Cusco which is much Posted by Joshua Baldon in Get busy livin life (^-^) | Apr 28, 2016
- Different types of fun - Salkantay trail + Machu PicchuFor those of you who have not heard of the fun scale, it features as below:
Type one - Fun at the time, and fun afterwards. E.G. catching up with an old friend and having a great chat
Type two - Not Posted by VGH on tour in South America | Apr 26, 2016
- Peru lima (!_!)== I finally got here in Peru. ==My main objective here is to visit Lake Titicaca but that's far away from here so I'll be going to stay in a hotel first, for 2 days. Luckily the nearest hotel Posted by Joshua Baldon in Get busy livin life (^-^) | Apr 21, 2016
- Still here! Hello, Hello!
Sorry about the loooong wait in between posts. I´m still here staying busy! Quick update...
Four months have passed since my long awaited vistors were here! We went to Machu Picchu in Cusco, the Bethel branch in Lima, Posted by TenekaCJ in Serving in Peru, South America | Apr 9, 2016
- Hurricane NatalieRoughly a month and a half ago when I was still in New York, my good friend Natalie, and so much a good friend of my family that she´s practically included in it, asked me about my travel adventures. I Posted by holaguapas in holaguapas | Apr 3, 2016
- My creativity is limited at 9:15 AM on Saturday/Jungle FeverGood morning, all!
First, sorry I couldn't think of a better title.
Second- I am writing this newest addition on my blog poolside, with the wind blowing through my hair, with a cup of coffee that is about 100 degrees-too hot that Posted by alexandrang98 in 10 meses en San Borja | Mar 26, 2016
- Lima, PeruAfter a sad goodbye to our students and host Gloria we made a short 1 hour trip up the coast into a district of Lima called Miraflores. We had plans to meet a a few friends there over the next Posted by CodyAngela in Our adventure | Mar 19, 2016
- Teaching English in Lurin, PeruAfter a nice relaing night in Cerro Azul we took a quick hour long bus ride to a small district outside of Lima called Lurin - this would be our home for the next 3 weeks while we volunteered to Posted by CodyAngela in Our adventure | Mar 17, 2016
- I've let the blog run dry/how to know you're on exchange....I promise that I had every intention to post frequently on this blog and while I've managed to post updates, sometimes I feel like there isn't much to write about so I avoid making a post. I usually like to Posted by alexandrang98 in 10 meses en San Borja | Feb 28, 2016
- Legacy of the IncasTravelers, I have finished my photo album.
Click [[https://goo.gl/photos/oLkttx19f8sunBfU6|Legacy of the Incas.]] to view it
Once on the site, click a picture to go full screen
Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Feb 22, 2016
- Legacy of the IncasToday is our last full tour day in Peru. After checking out of the hotel, we head to the local pier to board a boat to the Ballestas Islands, the "Galapagos" of Peru. Although only two islands, Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Feb 14, 2016