- Arequipa’s Big SecretThe ‘White City” of Arequipa was founded by the Spanish conquistadores in 1540 on the site of a defeated Inca settlement and it gets it nickname from the white rock that was used to build many of its magnificent buildings…
[img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 30, 2015
- Peru's Other FacePeru has two faces: the pretty one of modern clean cities and world-class tourist attractions like Machu Picchu, and a much darker one where millions of people live in medieval conditions. The Peruvian countryside is littered with crumbling adobe hovels Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 29, 2015
- Birthday Bouquets from PeruThis weekend marks a significant birthday of our Canadian friend, Joyce, so we thought that we would use the occasion to send bouquets of many of the beautiful flowers that we’ve come across in Cuba and South America…
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 27, 2015
- Chavin - Just a Pile of Old RocksAfter two full days in Huaraz we can say with confidence that, following 45 years of reconstruction since the Great Earthquake, only two buildings have been properly finished. One is our boutique hotel and the other is an all-glass hostelry Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 26, 2015
- Discovering Huaraz In a steep sided valley squeezed between two great Andean ranges lies the northern Peruvian city of Huaraz, and from our hotel balcony we can view 23 of Peru’s highest peaks, including the permanently snow-capped Mt. Huscaran at 22,205 feet…
[img=http:// Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 25, 2015
- Lima – A Flying Visit More than ten million Peruvians can’t be wrong - Lima looks like a great place to live. But, while the chilly Humbolt current can usually be relied upon to keep the locals and the lettuce from flagging, we are wilting Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 23, 2015
- lake titicacaMy SD card has eaten 154 of my pics so no pics until arrival at our home stay :(
Got up and travelled in style to the harbour
Off to Urgos floating island. Supposedly there are around 80 islands with 1-2 Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Mar 15, 2015
- Cuzco- post inca trailWe have a free day in Cuzco, so went to the chocolate museum, tasted a lot of chocolate, chocolate jams, chocolate liqueurs and chocolate tea!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/727905/SAM_1 Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Mar 15, 2015
- inca trail!Leaving for Ollantaytambo at 1 today which is the only working inca town .
A group of us went to the supermarket to stack up on some snacks for the inca trail on the way we went to a pharmacist that Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Mar 14, 2015
- Sea Day Off PeruToday marks the first sea day of three. These days are my 'normal' where events and timings are almost predictable. The sun rose as predicted but failed to impress due to various layers of clouds. Spent some Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Mar 10, 2015
- Callao (Lima), PeruThe ship sailed into the busy port of Callao just as the sun battled with the fog which obscured the city. There was little time to wait as we were scheduled to rendezvous in the Wheelhouse Bar at 08:00 Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Mar 9, 2015
- San Martin (Pisco), PeruAfter witnessing a murky sunrise the ship performed an about turn and found her berth at the most desolate wharf of any we've visited. There is no significant infrastructure and the most obvious sign of civilisation was the presence Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Mar 8, 2015
- Sea Day with a Great StartFor the first time in a while we were treated to an interesting sunrise. It has been so long I went a little overboard and took over 50 shots, rather makes up for yesterday's non-event. Breakfast out of Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Mar 7, 2015
- Cuzco - pre Inca trailArrived in Cuzco and the weather is pooh! Hotel rooms aren't ready so we all have to sit around stinking out the lobby!
Went to an amazing cafe called Jack's cafe for breakfast, sausage, bacon, eggs, beans, potatoes & toast it Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Mar 6, 2015
- Sea Day on a Dull DayThe solid overcast this morning made for a total lack of a visible sunrise. The sky brightened but the light was diffused giving an all over grey effect. We met for breakfast and then selected seats in the Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Mar 6, 2015
- Coquimbo/La Serena, ChileThe ship arrived at our destination right on schedule after an overnight dash up the coast. The sky was overcast and a combination of mist, smog and dust made for a somewhat dismal scene. A pair of folk Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Mar 5, 2015
- colca canyonOn the road again today and for the next 3 days to see the colca canyons.
Stopped off to see the Misti mountain and Picchu picchu which is a mountain that is topped with snow, asked what picchu meant and learned Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Mar 5, 2015
- ArequipaDidn't do much today, arrived to arequipa by 9am after the 10hr night bus, went to the market, but apart from that I have been in the room still feeling dodge from the food yesterday!!
[img=http: Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Mar 1, 2015
- nazcaToday we went to see the nazca lines which are geographical lines and pictures which have been there for 1000s of years and then went to the house, now museum of maria ... who discovered and researched the lines for Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Mar 1, 2015
- paracas to nazcaWe've done loads today, started with a boat ride to Islas ballestas, which has about a million birds, sea lions, seals and some Peruvian penguins. Some people got shat on but it literally just missed me, thank god!!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Mar 1, 2015
- the drive to paracasWell I have to say I am very impressed with the coaches here in Lima! Masses of space between chairs, recline to almost horizontal, an air plane style meal and drink, wifi and a charging port, film, pillow and blanket...! Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Feb 27, 2015
- The Final Leg of our South American AdventureWhen booking this Galapagos tour we noticed that Celebrity also offered a four day land tour extension to Machu Picchu and Cusco as an option. Since we were already in South America we decided to take in the extension as Posted by DavidandHazel in Glorious Galapagos & Machu Picchu | Feb 25, 2015
- ooops!So I decided to walk my way from my hostel to the meeting place...have to do the walking around with backpack at some point I thought... got the route off of Google maps, 35mins door to door
Set off and all Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Feb 25, 2015
- off to meet the group!Off to meet the other people I will be spending the next 50 days with....this is me for the next 4 months lool!!
Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Feb 25, 2015
- I've arrived!!After forever of travelling I got to Lima this morning, had a traumatic ride from the airport, but was assured that's how everyone drives over here lool!
Had a well needed nap and now off out to hunt some food! Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Feb 24, 2015