- Day 3 and 4: TambopataFor starters, my night in Lima didn't go very well. I decided to try a Peruvian meal called ceviche which consists of raw fish cured in citrus juice, served with rice and yuka spears. It was very good, that's for Posted by RoyAdventures in Peru | Apr 26, 2017
- Day 2: in Lima stillFinally got a sim card. The guy at Claro, one of the cell providers here, sold us the sim cash under the table and charged less than half price. Apparently you need your passport to buy a sim card but Posted by RoyAdventures in Peru | Apr 23, 2017
- Day 2: in LimaWell after a 23 hour day, from a 4am wake up to a 02:45 arrival in our hotel, we were a little pooped. Funny how everything was quite uneventful until the shuttle to the hotel. Avianca fed us well. Sorry, Posted by RoyAdventures in Peru | Apr 23, 2017
- The legend that is Machu PicchuWhile it was lovely to be in a real bed after days on the trail, Peruvian mattresses really aren't made for the average height Aussie! A semi-sleepless night saw us up around 4am so we could get to the bus Posted by Nezabella in Our American and African Adventures | Apr 21, 2017
- All around the CityWednesday March 1
Today it was sleep. After an exhausting day, I chose to sleep a bit and then meander to my favorite San Pedro Market for some juice. I have discovered developing country market juice stands and I never want Posted by hcornia in Peru or Bust | Apr 7, 2017
- Summer in Peru - 2017 - Lima's ZOO
[center]Parque de las Leyendas - Jungle area[/center]
[center]The zoo is all about South America and Peruvian flora and fauna. It's divided into the 3 climatic regions of Peru: Jungle - Posted by balhannahrise in Dee goes to Peru | Mar 31, 2017
- Summer in Peru - 2017[center]ANOTHER FULL DAY IN LIMA[/center]
Lima historic centre
Today I am heading into the Central Historic area of Lima where I know I am going to find lots of buildings Posted by balhannahrise in Dee goes to Peru | Mar 30, 2017
- Day 23 - Santiago, Chile to Cuzco, PeruWe had a very early start today, our taxi to the airport was booked for 04:30am.
Our first flight to Lima went smoothly and was on time. It took just under 4 hours but as Peru is 2 hours behind Chile, Posted by JenBuckley in A month in South America | Mar 27, 2017
- Summer in Peru - 2017It's my first full day in Lima, so after a hearty breakfast I am on a walking mission to see as much as I can today
My Hotel was located in San Martin Plaza which is a beautiful park established July Posted by balhannahrise in Dee goes to Peru | Mar 23, 2017
- Machu Picchu February 28th Tuesday
Well I made it!
Up at 2:30 AM for my so said 3:00 AM pick up. I was forgetting that this is South America and things run on South American time. I none the less drug myself out Posted by hcornia in Peru or Bust | Mar 22, 2017
- From House to House==Renting a Home in Moquegua==
When I first arrived to Peru in 2010 I wondered where I would live, not because I was worried about it but, because I had so many options from the start! The brothers are very generous Posted by TenekaCJ in Serving in Peru, South America | Mar 19, 2017
- Uphill: everywhere in this blasted city seems to be uphill.Monday February 27th
Today I arose again still fitfull with sleep. I'm not certain if it's the altitude or just stress that is adding to my inability to sleep. Yet...up and at em. After my morning ritual of organizing my wee Posted by hcornia in Peru or Bust | Mar 19, 2017
- Summer in Peru - 2017
Dog inside Calama Airport
I had been in San Pedro de Atacama, Chile for a few days, then had to return to Calama to catch a flight back to Santiago, then another flight to Lima, Peru. Posted by balhannahrise in Dee goes to Peru | Mar 19, 2017
- A day of nothingSunday February 26th
And....I can't sleep. The altitude not only seems to mess with my ability (Or inability) to walk up and down stairs. It also messes with my ability to sleep. It is cold at night here but the hostel Posted by hcornia in Peru or Bust | Mar 8, 2017
- Altitude sickness??Saturday Feb 25th
Not only does the altitude make it hard to breathe. It makes it hard to sleep. After a bit of insomnia...I finally drifted off. Breakfast was spent at the hostel in the kitchen. They have a lovely Posted by hcornia in Peru or Bust | Feb 26, 2017
- Getting thereThe day started off waking up at 2:40 to leave at 3:00 for the airport. That's when the blizzard hit. An hour and a half to the airport where I was starting to panic about getting there on time for Posted by hcornia in Peru or Bust | Feb 24, 2017
- Feb 2 - MATARANI, PERU
Tricky maneuvering by our Captain brought us safely to the dock today for our final port in Peru. Matarani is a small fishing village and a cooper mining termin Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Feb 2, 2017
- Jan 31 - GENERAL ST. MARTÍN/PISCO, PERU
Come with us, as we return to the Ballestas Islands, home of 150 species of marine birds.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/A02B8456C7A7F4BD2F6D69C81FB Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Jan 31, 2017
- Jan 29 - 30: LIMA/CALLAO, PERU
Despite the elegance of our ship, many times we dock in Industrial ports. Callao is the busy port for Lima, a 45-minute drive away.
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Jan 30, 2017
- Jan 28 - SALAVERRY, PERU
We arrived in this dry area of Peru with our plan to drive from the port and spend a few hours in the old center of Trujillo, the country's 2nd largest city.
[img Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Jan 28, 2017
- A view of IchupampaThis is the village we visited today. If was devistated by an earthquake 3months ago, homes, roads, local church. One of few buildings left was the"health center". we saw and treated over100 adults and children in5 hours today.no time Posted by paul pierce in paul in Peru 2016 | Nov 5, 2016
- November 3, 2016On November 1, All Saints Day, we left Cusco and headed to Puno. To be honest, until we planned this trip, I had never heard of this city. Puno is located on the shores of Titicaca Lake.
G Adventures arranged our Posted by TKerrone in South America | Nov 5, 2016
- October 31, 2016 (Happy Halloween!)This is our last day in Cusco. After hiking the Lares Trek and exploring Machu Picchu, everyone in the group has enjoyed the opportunity to catch up on sleep, have hot showers, get laundry done and explore the city Posted by TKerrone in South America | Oct 31, 2016
- October 29, 2016Machu Piccchu is one of the new seven wonders of the world and after visiting this ancient site, I can understand why it was selected.
To reach the ruins you must first queue in a line to wait for one of Posted by TKerrone in South America | Oct 29, 2016
- October 29, 2016We did it! Don and I successfully completed the Lares Trek. I have added some pictures and a few comments that may help to visualize what we experienced along the trail.
Don and I were physically prepared for the hike, Posted by TKerrone in South America | Oct 29, 2016