- Lake TiticacaSam
We set out from Arequipa on a beautiful but long bus ride to Puno.
Pulling into Puno
Puno is a medium-size Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 8, 2015
- Colca Canyon: Condors, Climbing and CataloniansSam
Thanks to everyone for their comments on the last entry. I disapprove of Caroline's begging tactics, but we do appreciate them, so please, please keep them coming.
I took a bit of a different approach with this blog, as you'll soon Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 6, 2015
- We Arequipa-ing busySam
We were a bit out of it when we stepped off the bus from Nazca. But we were with it enough to appreciate the imposing volcanoes that surround the city. We're at a higher altitude than Kosciuszko here, and the Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 3, 2015
- Lines DancingSam
Another comfortable bus journey from Paracas to Nazca on Tuesday, and we stepped out into a much warmer desert environment.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/758522/IMG_788 Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 1, 2015
- Playing ParacasSam
Not much to report from yesterday. We left Lima around lunchtime, caught a very comfortable bus for a few hours, and spent the evening in the small, touristy beachside town of Paracas.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/758522/IMG_141 Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Sep 28, 2015
- ¡Hola Perú!Caroline
We arrived in Lima 3 nights ago after a long day of travel from New York. Our Airbnb hosts, Elena and Martin, kindly stayed up until 1am to welcome us.
We’ve been taking it a bit easy the last few days Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Sep 26, 2015
- When an apple a day doesn't keep the doctor away...HEALTH UPDATE!
I'm still sick. My fever lasted about 3.5 days. It's since passed, but I still have a nasty cold and some chest congestion. Yesterday morning I woke up croaky and was fine by the end of the day but Posted by alexandrang98 in 10 meses en San Borja | Sep 25, 2015
- I have Lima Fever! (And also an actual fever)
HI guys! Tomorrow I hit my 3 week mark for my exchange! It's been an eventful 3 weeks and they have gone by fast, but I feel like I have been here for longer than that. My host family doe Posted by alexandrang98 in 10 meses en San Borja | Sep 21, 2015
- Food, glorious foodSo I managed to book my bus without any problems, but more than slightly regretted wearing shorts to walk to the ticket office. Bare legs attract a lot of attention around here! Booked a ticket that left Lima the next Posted by sophieehall in Sophie does South America | Sep 21, 2015
- 13th August - 17th SeptemberOnce again, I've failed to keep up with this and will now give you another huge post. I guess it shows I'm having fun! The last month has been hectic to say the least, and I've also had very limited Posted by rebecca.banks21 in Adventures in South America | Sep 17, 2015
- Turning 50 has its rewards...After careful planning, strategic packing and then a good plunk of the butt down on the suitcases in order to get them zipped- it was finally time to leave on our trip to Peru!
[img=http://phot Posted by bloomcrew in Peru September 2015 | Sep 16, 2015
- Long time no post!It's been over a week since I have gotten to Lima! It went SO fast and taught me that while 10 months may seem like an incredible amount of time, it really isn't! These 10 months of my life will Posted by alexandrang98 in 10 meses en San Borja | Sep 10, 2015
- And we're off!You know when you have to get up horrifyingly early, all you want to do is cram in as much sleep as possible before your alarm ruins everything by telling you it's time to drag your arse out of bed. Posted by sophieehall in Sophie does South America | Sep 10, 2015
- Lima - Cusco
Ok, sa er jeg pa tasterne. Synes ikke jeg har haft ret mange afslappende dage indtil videre. I nat skal jeg ogsa videre til Puno ved Titicata soen, men nu prover vi lige at komme igang, sa jeg ikke pludselig Posted by Mr. Kaas in SA around | Sep 8, 2015
- First day of school!Today was probably the best first day of school that I have ever had (or remember, presently). Like I mentioned in my last post, I had to go to school in normal clothes because my sister's uniform didn't fit me. Posted by alexandrang98 in 10 meses en San Borja | Sep 4, 2015
- My first 3 days!I had started writing something very lengthy and wonderful and it never saved, so that is why this is my first post since I have arrived in Lima. I was very frustrated and have since calmed down.
My journey to Lima Posted by alexandrang98 in 10 meses en San Borja | Sep 3, 2015
- Day 36: Monday 10th August, Inca Trail - Camp 3Easier day but didn't sleep, bit of a melt down, awesome views, amazing feast, PMA, PMA, PMA
[[https://www.facebook.com/marakarose.saunders/media_set?set=a.10153410601256418.1073741842.714641417&type=3]] Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Aug 9, 2015
- Day 35: Sunday 9th August, Inca Trail - Camp 2F'n difficult for me!! Callum raced up, me and steph were going rock to rock, tree to tree, hanging out with Steph and Reish at the back, just being courteous to the porters and taking photos ,-P, PMA, PMA, (Positive Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Aug 8, 2015
- Day 33: Friday 7th August, Cusco to Ollantaytambo, PeruThis morning we woke up and had to quickly run around and get last minute things before our Machu Picchu trip, which we left for at 1pm.
So basically we just went to the supermarket got some more agua (water) Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Aug 6, 2015
- Day 34: Saturday 8th August, Inca Trail - Camp 1Cool Inca ruins, incredible views, yummy lunch and dinner, easy start to the trek, beers and cards to finish the day.
[[https://www.facebook.com/marakarose.saunders/media_set?set=a.10153410601256418.1073741842.714641417&type=3]] Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Aug 7, 2015
- Day 32: Thursday 6th August, Cusco, PeruDay 2 - Cusco. Such a cool place so much to see, so little time. Today were had booked to go white water rafting.
We got picked up around 8.30am. The people who joined us rafting were Desmond, Reisha, Luisa, Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Aug 5, 2015
- Day 31: Wednesday 5th August, Cusco, Peru We arrived in Cusco early in the morning, too early in fact that our rooms weren't ready yet. I however still wasn't feeling right so Marco managed to get my room for me early. I ran upstairs to have a Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Aug 4, 2015
- Day 30: Tuesday 4th August, Chivay to Arequipa to CuscoWe got up early again to catch our bus back to Arequipa. This bus ride was only 4 hours as weren't stopping on the way to look at anything; just toilet stops. When we got to Arequipa there was no Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Aug 3, 2015
- Day 28: Sunday 2nd August, Chivay and Colca Canyon, PeruThis morning I struggled to get out of bed as I had very bad altitude sickness. Chivay sits a 3600m above, highest place we have slept at so far. I had a horrible sleep. Kept waking up with a Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Aug 1, 2015
- Day 27: Saturday 1st August - Arequipa to Colca Canyon, PeruThis morning we got up early around 6am to catch our private to the Chivay in the Colca Valley. For this trip we also got a special tour guide for the Colca Valley instead Marco, as there are some places Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Jul 31, 2015