Cusco has to be the nicest city we've visited so far. Originally a seat of Incan power and then early Spanish colonial power, it is full of gorgeous buildings and about 12 churches (2 of Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 4, 2014
- Peru Arriving in Cusco was literally a breath of fresh air. I had left the uncomfortably humid climate of the Amazon (as well as northern Colombia), and was finally back in an area where the air Posted by jakegambling in Jake Gambling's Great Adventure | Dec 2, 2014
- Las islas flotantes, lago Titicaca==lago Titicaca, Puno==
[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Nov 20, 2014
- Visit to Cusco and Machu Picchu, PeruAs a second phase to my research in Lima, Peru, I decided to head into the Andes to visit the historical town of Cusco and the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu.
Here are some of the pictures from Cusco:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/147508/I Posted by AC Frieden in The Frieden Trails | Aug 20, 2011
- Researching a thriller in Lima, PeruIn August 2011, I headed to Lima, Peru, for the first phase of my research, which focused on finding several urban venues for thriller-related scenes. I visited a number of sites both on the coastal area of the city Posted by AC Frieden in The Frieden Trails | Aug 17, 2011
- Reasons for Joy!
Jehovah is good! September and October were months that brought many things to be thankful for.
What an exciting new service year! It was great to feel the enthusiasm of the ministry s Posted by TenekaCJ in Serving in Peru, South America | Nov 10, 2014
This post has taken some time to get finished, as Peru has been pretty full on, and any time I had free I have been trying to catch up on some sleep or have been too tired to get around Posted by j0ne5y in Jonesy Incahoots | Oct 19, 2014
- Problems and Playtime in PeruH and I were excited to be leaving Cuzco and making our way to the coast, we were on such a high. We were waiting in reception for a person from the tour (the 4 days tour stopping at a Posted by neerg_08 in Three Amigas in South America | Jul 8, 2014
- Return to La Paz and Magical Machu PicchuIt took 3 full days and nights of buses and trains to get from Rio back to La Paz for our new bartending careers. It was pretty hassle free except the border where we were dumped off the bus - Posted by neerg_08 in Three Amigas in South America | May 1, 2014
- Mysterious worldI always loved mysteries.
In fact, I can still remember the thrill of reading books on the subject of mysteries when I was a kid, and how they captured my imagination. In one of them, titled "Mysterious world" by Arthur Posted by VukomanovicIgor in West Coast Galore | Oct 11, 2014
- Solomente Insanity, tenacity, a fiery desire for something more. A fervent passion for discovery and dissidence. For everyone these feelings differ in origin, yet they pull us all into the unknown. They propel us and our desire to leave comfort in Posted by misskailyn in Miss Kailyn: An American in Gap Year | Sep 27, 2014
- Peru HopThomas and I had the pleasure to be joined on our travels by his mum, Erika, for almost three weeks in southern Peru! It was a very busy few weeks and we packed in as many places as we could Posted by tag.mrd in Hola América del Sur! | Sep 15, 2014
- Day 12Today we started the day at Lake Titicaaca, the highest navigatable lake in the world. From our hotel we boarded boats that took us to the world famous Uros Islands which are made of reeds and float on the lake. Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Sep 11, 2014
- Cusco to PunoUp early today and on bus to Puno. We left Cusco hotel at 7.15AM. It was a long journey and arrived at 4.30ish. Some of the scenery was similar to Southland in NZ very dry. The colour of Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Sep 10, 2014
- Day 9 & 10Having trouble with WiFi so really short . I typed out last night and again tonight and loose before posting. Couple of busy days in a way but making the most of whats around.
Went on city tour yesterday Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Sep 9, 2014
- The Salkantay trek and Macho Picchu
We arrived back to Cusco yesterday after the Salkantay trek.
We left Cusco at 3am to get the bus to a small town called Mollepata where we had breakfast and started walk Posted by Ethiopia 2014 in South America | Sep 9, 2014
- Machu PicchuHi everyone
Today we had a free morning in the village below Machu Picchu. We opted to do an optional walking tour of a local sanctuary where they had beautiful orchid gardens and they are a habitat for a number of Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Sep 7, 2014
- Machu PicchuYesterday was wow today was oh my god. Early rise 4.30am breakfast 5.15am then on to Ollyantaytambo to catch the train. Raining. So beautiful and different landscape from dry Andes to rain forrest with Snow capped mountains and glaciers Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Sep 6, 2014
- Sacred ValleyWOW what a day today. We went to a place today called Ollantaytambo, the oldest continuously occupied settlement in the Americas. We visited the incan fortress that overlooks the town. after climing to the top and back we then purchased Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Sep 5, 2014
- Lima to CuscoLeft Lima and on to the Sacred Valley. The scenery is spectacular as we are ine Andes and in amongst very rugged mountains.We saw terraces that were built by the Incas and are still used for farming today.We went to Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Sep 4, 2014
- Colca Canyon and CuscoWe went to visit a place three hours from Arequipa called Colca Canyon. Apparently it's the second deepest canyon in the world and is 4160m at its deepest point (the deepest one is in China Posted by Ethiopia 2014 in South America | Sep 3, 2014
- The return of the bumsThe journey home consisted of leaving Mancora at 5pm on a bus heading to Lima to catch our flight the following evening. The flight was to Madrid and then we had a connection to make from Madrid to Heathrow. We Posted by zoandy in Our travels to find the flip side..... | Sep 3, 2014
- LimaNot raining in Santiago today but very smoggy. Glad we had the rain to give better views. Arrived in Lima peak hour traffic Brisbane traffic nothing to here. No one follows rules take life in own hands. Glad we in Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Sep 3, 2014
- Northern Peru
From the coast of Ecuador we started our journey into Peru. We decided to take a night bus from Guayaquil straight to Mancora, Peru, thinking it would be a smooth Posted by tag.mrd in Hola América del Sur! | Aug 29, 2014
- Peru 21st - 28th August==Peru==
So after a night in Madrid and a sleepy 8 hour stopover in Bogota airport we arrived in Lima early on the 21st of August. It's the middle of winter now in Peru and the ci Posted by Ethiopia 2014 in South America | Aug 28, 2014