- Ausangate and the Rainbow Mountains!What is required for an epic adventure?
- A hand drawn map (yes because it was better than all the topographical ones for sale!)
- Employ a local horse + horseman to carry all your food and tent, leaving you with just Posted by VGH on tour in South America | May 3, 2016
- The Final LegThursday April 28th & Friday 29th – Lima & wrap up
Our final evening, we headed off to the ship’s Italian specialty restaurant, Toscana. Our first visit to Toscana was a bit disappointing as several folks found their meals not Posted by DavidandHazel in From Tahiti to Peru | May 2, 2016
- Machu Picchu, Cusco, and the Inca Trail
***I have moved the majority of my blog to [[http://www.tulsatrot.com|www.tulsatrot.com]]. You can read the entire blog there***
Fourteen years ago I served as a volunteer in Perú and it ha Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Apr 28, 2016
- Ocean Ocean EverywhereMonday – Thursday April 24 - 28th – At Sea & Lima Peru
We are back at sea after a frustrating day of watching and waiting for the seas to subside so that we could get off the ship at Easter Posted by DavidandHazel in From Tahiti to Peru | Apr 28, 2016
- Going to Titicaca== I've been here in the hotel for 2 days ==now its time to travel again. I wanted so bad to go straight to Lake Titicaca but I need to take another flight to get to Cusco which is much Posted by Joshua Baldon in Get busy livin life (^-^) | Apr 28, 2016
- Different types of fun - Salkantay trail + Machu PicchuFor those of you who have not heard of the fun scale, it features as below:
Type one - Fun at the time, and fun afterwards. E.G. catching up with an old friend and having a great chat
Type two - Not Posted by VGH on tour in South America | Apr 26, 2016
- Peru lima (!_!)== I finally got here in Peru. ==My main objective here is to visit Lake Titicaca but that's far away from here so I'll be going to stay in a hotel first, for 2 days. Luckily the nearest hotel Posted by Joshua Baldon in Get busy livin life (^-^) | Apr 21, 2016
- Still here! Hello, Hello!
Sorry about the loooong wait in between posts. I´m still here staying busy! Quick update...
Four months have passed since my long awaited vistors were here! We went to Machu Picchu in Cusco, the Bethel branch in Lima, Posted by TenekaCJ in Serving in Peru, South America | Apr 9, 2016
- Hurricane NatalieRoughly a month and a half ago when I was still in New York, my good friend Natalie, and so much a good friend of my family that she´s practically included in it, asked me about my travel adventures. I Posted by holaguapas in holaguapas | Apr 3, 2016
- My creativity is limited at 9:15 AM on Saturday/Jungle FeverGood morning, all!
First, sorry I couldn't think of a better title.
Second- I am writing this newest addition on my blog poolside, with the wind blowing through my hair, with a cup of coffee that is about 100 degrees-too hot that Posted by alexandrang98 in 10 meses en San Borja | Mar 26, 2016
- Lima, PeruAfter a sad goodbye to our students and host Gloria we made a short 1 hour trip up the coast into a district of Lima called Miraflores. We had plans to meet a a few friends there over the next Posted by CodyAngela in Our adventure | Mar 19, 2016
- Teaching English in Lurin, PeruAfter a nice relaing night in Cerro Azul we took a quick hour long bus ride to a small district outside of Lima called Lurin - this would be our home for the next 3 weeks while we volunteered to Posted by CodyAngela in Our adventure | Mar 17, 2016
- I've let the blog run dry/how to know you're on exchange....I promise that I had every intention to post frequently on this blog and while I've managed to post updates, sometimes I feel like there isn't much to write about so I avoid making a post. I usually like to Posted by alexandrang98 in 10 meses en San Borja | Feb 28, 2016
- Legacy of the IncasTravelers, I have finished my photo album.
Click [[https://goo.gl/photos/oLkttx19f8sunBfU6|Legacy of the Incas.]] to view it
Once on the site, click a picture to go full screen
Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Feb 22, 2016
- Legacy of the IncasToday is our last full tour day in Peru. After checking out of the hotel, we head to the local pier to board a boat to the Ballestas Islands, the "Galapagos" of Peru. Although only two islands, Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Feb 14, 2016
- Legacy of the IncasAfter a great oxygen filled sleep and a good breakfast we boarded our bus and headed south on the Pan American Highway to Paracas. After a quick hour at the hotel, we headed to the local airport for our Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Feb 14, 2016
- Legacy of the IncasWe were all about done with the beauty of the high altitude and were ready for our flight back to Lima and Sea Level. Our flight wasn't until early afternoon, so we meandered through the high plateau on the Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Feb 14, 2016
- Legacy of the IncasOn Saturday we left Cusco at 11,000 feet and flew even higher into the Andes to Juliaca where we boarded a bus to travel the 45 minutes to Puno and Lake Titicaca and our hotel, the Libertador, which was right Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Feb 14, 2016
- Legacy of the IncasAfter only passing through Cusco earlier in the trip, we visited the sites of the city today.
First was the Inca ruin of Sacsayhuaman, equally as important to the Inca civilization as Macchu Piccu. Sacsayhuaman, is a citadel on the Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Feb 14, 2016
- Lake Titicaca - making ourselves at home on the waterMy tour in Peru included a visit to some islands on Lake Titicaca, culminating in a homestay.
We were given a list of things to bring, including a gift of useful food (rice, oats, fruit, veg...) and had a little time Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Feb 7, 2016
- Legacy of the IncasAfter a wonderful morning in town, we boarded the train to head back up the Sacred Valley and back to Cusco, where we would spend the night at 11,000 feet.
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Feb 7, 2016
- Legacy of the IncasAfter lunch in the village, we boarded the buses that take you to the entrance of the ruins. We spent the next two hours viewing one of the most amazing sites in the world.
[img=http://ph Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Feb 7, 2016
- Legacy of the IncasThis morning we headed down the Sacred Valley to a lower elevation to the town of Machu Picchu Pueblo, the gateway to Macchu Picchu. It's elevation is only about 8500 Feet.
First we stopped at the town of Ollantaytambo to Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Feb 7, 2016
- Legacy of the IncasThis morning we left Lima and flew to Cusco, at an elevation of 11,000 feet. As we entered the Andes, our first essential business was to experience a Mother Earth Ceremony or El Pago a la Terra. The Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Feb 7, 2016
- Legacy of the IncasOur tour actually started today, and our Tour Guide Mauricio lead us on a complete city tour. Our first stop was a local Peruvian market where we could see some of the local fruits and veggies.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/482847/large_DSC_585 Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC, LCS, MBA | Feb 7, 2016