- ooops!So I decided to walk my way from my hostel to the meeting place...have to do the walking around with backpack at some point I thought... got the route off of Google maps, 35mins door to door
Set off and all Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Feb 25, 2015
- off to meet the group!Off to meet the other people I will be spending the next 50 days with....this is me for the next 4 months lool!!
Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Feb 25, 2015
- I've arrived!!After forever of travelling I got to Lima this morning, had a traumatic ride from the airport, but was assured that's how everyone drives over here lool!
Had a well needed nap and now off out to hunt some food! Posted by trinabean in Trina's BIG 30th adventure | Feb 24, 2015
- Technical DifficultiesOur ship's satellite based internet access is down so we are not able to upload anything. We don't expect to be able to upload anything until Tuesday or Wednesday at the earliest. Posted by DavidandHazel in Glorious Galapagos & Machu Picchu | Feb 9, 2015
- Jan 30-31 - CALLAO/LIMA, PERU
The first segment of the World Cruise ended here, in Callao, Peru. Callao is Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Feb 1, 2015
- Jan 29 - SALAVERRY, PERU
If you followed our blog of 2013 you will recognize this port by the dry dese Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Jan 30, 2015
- Lima-EcuadorUne fois notre visa organise, nous prenons un bus direction Barranca pour nous rendre à Caral.[b][/b]
Le site archéologique de Caral, situé dans le désert près de la côte pacifique du Pérou, à 180 km au nord de Lima, est le Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Jan 29, 2015
- Chanta con Maíz EndiabladoChanta con Maní Endiablado (Popped Andean Corn with Spicy Peanuts)
If you're looking for a Super Bowl snack, try some popcorn Andean style. It's simple to make and quite delicious with a nice soft spicy heat to it.
1 cup roasted peanuts
1 Posted by Charles Lemos in Have iPad Will Travel | Jan 27, 2015
- Cusco!!!We apologize for the lull between blog posts, and the brevity of our previous posts. We now intend to make up for lost time! Be forewarned, this is going to be long, so we won't blame you if Posted by Alenari in Alena and Ari's Honeymoon Extravaganza | Jan 24, 2015
- Landing in LimaWe made it to Lima in the middle of Tuesday night, and had the opportunity to walk around the Plaza De Armas yesterday (Wednesday). There were some very picturesque historic buildings! So far the people have been nice Posted by Alenari in Alena and Ari's Honeymoon Extravaganza | Jan 14, 2015
- Lima with the PadresWe spent our first day in Lima doing a food tour which at some points evolved into a cooking class. Dad participated although he was particularly unenthusiastic about tasting fruit at the market. We started by touring the bohemian neighboorhod Posted by lhstevens in Testing 1-2-3 | Jan 6, 2015
- Trujillo - Chan Chan ruins and a bizzare encounterLeaving the hostel in Lima in a taxi bearly bigger than my suitcase, it turns out that the driver is new at being a taxi cab and has not got a clue where the bus station is. We drive Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Dec 10, 2014
- Machu Piccu4th December
Just like the Salt Flats in Bolivia, Machu Pichu is the big attraction for Peru.
I'm booked on a 2 day tour staring with the Secret Valley and the town of Pisac with more Inca ruins and a mountain full Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Dec 8, 2014
- Cusco Cusco - the world's belly button according to the Incas
I love Cusco. The centre is a very pretty town with a lovely plaza and lots of really nice colonial architecture, churches and narrow cobbled streets. I'm staying at a great Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Dec 8, 2014
- The Inca Trail
The Inca trail kicked off for us at 5am when we got picked up from our hotel and headed off to Ollantaytambo where we stopped for breakfast and last minute supplies and finally down the ro Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 4, 2014
Cusco has to be the nicest city we've visited so far. Originally a seat of Incan power and then early Spanish colonial power, it is full of gorgeous buildings and about 12 churches (2 of Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 4, 2014
- Peru Arriving in Cusco was literally a breath of fresh air. I had left the uncomfortably humid climate of the Amazon (as well as northern Colombia), and was finally back in an area where the air Posted by jakegambling in Jake Gambling's Great Adventure | Dec 2, 2014
- Las islas flotantes, lago Titicaca==lago Titicaca, Puno==
[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Nov 20, 2014
- Visit to Cusco and Machu Picchu, PeruAs a second phase to my research in Lima, Peru, I decided to head into the Andes to visit the historical town of Cusco and the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu.
Here are some of the pictures from Cusco:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/147508/I Posted by AC Frieden in The Frieden Trails | Aug 20, 2011
- Researching a thriller in Lima, PeruIn August 2011, I headed to Lima, Peru, for the first phase of my research, which focused on finding several urban venues for thriller-related scenes. I visited a number of sites both on the coastal area of the city Posted by AC Frieden in The Frieden Trails | Aug 17, 2011
- Reasons for Joy!
Jehovah is good! September and October were months that brought many things to be thankful for.
What an exciting new service year! It was great to feel the enthusiasm of the ministry s Posted by TenekaCJ in Serving in Peru, South America | Nov 10, 2014
This post has taken some time to get finished, as Peru has been pretty full on, and any time I had free I have been trying to catch up on some sleep or have been too tired to get around Posted by j0ne5y in Jonesy Incahoots | Oct 19, 2014
- Problems and Playtime in PeruH and I were excited to be leaving Cuzco and making our way to the coast, we were on such a high. We were waiting in reception for a person from the tour (the 4 days tour stopping at a Posted by neerg_08 in Three Amigas in South America | Jul 8, 2014
- Return to La Paz and Magical Machu PicchuIt took 3 full days and nights of buses and trains to get from Rio back to La Paz for our new bartending careers. It was pretty hassle free except the border where we were dumped off the bus - Posted by neerg_08 in Three Amigas in South America | May 1, 2014
- Mysterious worldI always loved mysteries.
In fact, I can still remember the thrill of reading books on the subject of mysteries when I was a kid, and how they captured my imagination. In one of them, titled "Mysterious world" by Arthur Posted by VukomanovicIgor in West Coast Galore | Oct 11, 2014