- Day 79 Andean Explorer(s)
We envisioned the train system in South America to be far more efficient than what we have seen so far, thus we were fairly disappointed thru out the trip not to be able to ride on a single Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 17, 2014
- Mmmm, Guinea PigIf you ever had a guinea pig as a pet, or your kids have a guinea pig, then maybe don't read this and definitely don't tell them it tastes good.
You may not know, but guinea pig is one of Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Feb 16, 2014
- 78. Gun Antropoloji bile degisti, peki kultur turizm mi?
Ilkel yasam tipleri, antropoloji bilim dalinin hep odagi olmus...Anlamak ve aktarmak uzere gozlemlemisler, izlemisler, vaktiyle tepeden bakarak yorumlayip aktardiklarini, son 20 yildir icine girerek, katilarak, kendi kimliklerini ve tarafli gozlerini de Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 16, 2014
- Lares Trek to Machu Picchu and Manu Jungle Tours==Peru==
19th Jan to 22nd Jan: So after arriving in Cusco, we had a few days to relax and get used to the altitude as it is 3400 metres above sea level. Lisa felt the effects of it a bit with Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Feb 16, 2014
- Guayaquil to Lima to CuscoSo after our adventure on the Galapagos Islands, we had a few days of travelling to do, in order to reach our next tour. So this involved some long, cross country bus rides.
We had one day in Guayaquil where we Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Jan 31, 2014
- Machu Pichu [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/B11CEA5B2219AC6 Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Jan 19, 2014
- Cusco, Peru [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/A75351782219AC68179443A0162A96DD.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/thumb_A75351782219AC68179443A0162A96DD.jpg Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Jan 19, 2014
- Callou, Peru Arrived in Lima ( which is a sole province of Peru) in the city of Callou. Population is around 10 million. Large industrious city. This was the destination I was so looking forward to , because it Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Jan 17, 2014
- A little trip to South AmericaTime zones are funny things. We left New Zealand at 4.15pm on Jan 8th and landed in Lima at 4.25pm on…..Jan 8th. If only it had taken 10mins instead of well over 10 hours!
Lima was an unplanned stopover Posted by bumblebum in Migrating South | Jan 14, 2014
- Puno and Amantani IslaPuno is slightly underrated, yes it does look under construction, many of the road are dug up and we did witness a man relieving himself in the middle of the road in broad daylight, but there is some good food Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Jan 11, 2014
- New Years Eve in CuscoOn New Years eve we headed to the Plaza de Armas, where the party was. Everyone must wear something yellow to represent a prosperous New Year, so we opted for these fetching glasses.
In the ma Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Jan 11, 2014
- D'Ayacucho a Ccaranacc[float=left][/float]D’Ayacucho, nous nous rendons avec Karina à Huanta, dernière ville Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Jan 10, 2014
- AyacuchoLa dernière nuit, après une soupe dans un petit restaurant local, Peter est pris de diarrhée et malheureusement pour lui, le jour suivant un voyage en bus de 12h jusqu'à San Clemente puis quelques heures d’attente avant un trajet de Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Jan 10, 2014
- Day 10 Monday 6th JanThis morning we had a private tour on Lake Titicaca. This lake is the largest lake in South America and is the highest navigable body of water. We visited the unique floating islands of the Uros Indians These Indians have Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 6, 2014
- Day 9 Sunday 5th JanLeft our hotel in Cuzco early 6:40am for the bus (coach ride along the sacred valley to Puno and Lake Titicaca. This was a marathon 10 hour bus ride stopping for lunch and various ruins. The views of the Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 6, 2014
- Cusco Guinea Pigs==[center]I've eaten a lot of crazy things in my life.[/center]==
* I've eaten black eggs that smelled like ammonia after
being preserved for several months (called [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_egg|Century Eggs]])
[img=http Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Jan 5, 2014
- Day 8 4th JanSpent the day exploring Cuzco. Walked down to the business section in the morning and in the afternoon walked up the narrow streets to the artists quarter called San Blas. looked at paintings and icons etc. Back tot the hotel Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 4, 2014
- Day 7 3rd JanPicked up from our hotel in the morning and taken on a tour of Cuzco and surrounds by our guide David. Went first to Korinkancha the temple of the sun, formally the richest temple of the Incas but now built Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 4, 2014
- Peru[center]This is a story of how my friends and I hacked Machu Picchu [/center]
Every year, Machu Picchu brings in thousands of travelers from all over the world. Howeve Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Jan 4, 2014
- Day 6 Thurs 2nd JanLeft our hotel at 8am to climb the Ollantaytambo ruins. These are huge steep terraces of Inca ruins. The climb was certainly worth it -breathless views at the top literally!! There were some very cleverly engineered walls with massive stones Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 3, 2014
- Day 5 Wed. Jan 1st 2014Had planned to go up to Machu Picchu to catch the sunrise, but having set the alarm for 5am it was teaming with rain so walked around the township instead. Shopped at the market, then caught the train back along Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 3, 2014
- Day 3 Monday 30th DecEarly start to catch a plane to Cuzco. Flew out at 11am. and arrived in Cuzco at 12pm. -a lot of confusion about seating on the plane. I think they double booked. We were separated but at least we were Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 3, 2014
- 2012 B4 STAR PRINCESS - M A C H U P I C H U===FINALY - WE ARE HERE===
==M A C H U ==
==P I C H U==
===IT HAS BEEN A LONG RIDE & NOW WE WILL SEE IF IT WAS WORTH IT===
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_P Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Dec 28, 2012
- 2012 B3 STAR PRINCESS - MACHU PICHU - GETTING THEREAFTER ALL THAT MESSING ABOUT IT WAS A RELIEF TO SET OFF FROM LIMA TO
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Dec 28, 2012
- 2012 B2 STAR PRINCESS - COQUIMBO & LIMA==COQUIMBO==
===NEVER HEARD OF IT===
MY GUESS IS THAT I DID NOT GET OFF THE BOAT HERE. HIGHLY UNUSUAL FOR ME. I WONDER WHY!
A FEW PICTURES FROM THE SHIP BEFORE MOVING ON TO LIMA..
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_P1050132 Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Dec 28, 2012