- Lima LimaWe got the local bus to Lima from Pisco (just north of Paracas). It took about 4 hours, we left so early that we got to the hostel before lunch. We stayed in a part of Lima called Miraflores. It's Posted by Ninirock in Nini and Emma Take on South America | Jun 11, 2013
- Peru's Poor Man's Galapagos, Islas BallestasWe left the oasis of Huacachina for the sea. We got a minibus to Paracas and got a boat tour to see the Islas Ballestas. We saw so many birds on and around the islands. There were hundreds of birds, Posted by Ninirock in Nini and Emma Take on South America | Jun 11, 2013
- The Oasis of HuacachinaHuacachina is a tiny place with just a few hotels/hostels and a couple of restaurants. It's an oasis with a small lake surrounded by a few buildings, some palm trees and rolling sand dunes. Nearby there are lots of vineyards Posted by Ninirock in Nini and Emma Take on South America | Jun 11, 2013
- Mysterious Nazca LinesWe got a night bus from Arequipa to Nazca and had already arranged a flight over the Nazca lines. So we just turned up, had breakfast and then got into what looked like an armoured vehicle which took us to Posted by Ninirock in Nini and Emma Take on South America | Jun 11, 2013
- Colca Canyon CondorsWe left Cusco on a really posh bus and arrived in Arequipa, Peru's second largest city. From here we did a trip to the Colca Canyon. This is a deep canyon that was apparently discovered by polish people. We drove Posted by Ninirock in Nini and Emma Take on South America | Jun 11, 2013
- The Inca Ordeal...I mean Trail to Macchu PicchuWe started the Inca Trail on 29th April. We weren't off to a good start as Emma and I had just started taking antibiotics for the bad bellies we picked up in Bolivia. Instead of making us feel better we Posted by Ninirock in Nini and Emma Take on South America | Jun 11, 2013
- El Valle Sagrado - The sacred valley of the IncasWe arrived in Cusco which is a pretty city with spanish colonial architecture in the centre. Its also Peru's tourist capital because it is the base for visiting Machu Picchu and the Valle Sagrado (Sacred Valley). We did two trips Posted by Ninirock in Nini and Emma Take on South America | Jun 11, 2013
- Dizzying Heights
Post Lima gluttony we really thought we would put ourselves through some more altitude training and traipse back up to the Andes for a couple of day walks in the hills. In order to do t Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Jun 7, 2013
- Machu Picchu: The ultimate bucket list destination Mysterious, beautiful and defying logic, Machu Picchu is one of those places almost everyone wants to see before they die. Posters of Peru’s lost city appear in the windows of almost every travel agency across the globe, drawing in even Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Jun 6, 2013
- Deserts and Desserts
This blog is going to cover two things.
1. Sand boards and dune buggies in Huacachina.
2. 72 hours of Gluttony in Lima
Of course as always we will include loads of photos.
1. H Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Jun 3, 2013
- Overnight in LimaWe arrived in Lima around midday and transferred to Hotel Runcu in Mireflores, the suburb of Lima on coast.
i was a bit apprehensive about Lima as has heard it was a dirty, dangerous city but Miraflores was really nice. We Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | Jun 2, 2013
- Trek to Machu Picchu, Lost City of the IncaExpectations
We had a lot of expectations for this final activity in our South America leg, most of mine being apprehension.
The trail the Inca's took for their pilgrimage to Machu Picchu, a place whose purpose remains unknown, spans 37.3km an Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | Jun 2, 2013
- Sacred Valley and city tourThe Sacred Valley
A very cold morning (you could see your breath) and early start at 7am, we rushed breakfast (25 minutes to get food, 10 minutes to scarf it) and quick shuffled (challenging at altitude) to the Llama Path office Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | Jun 2, 2013
- White water rafting in PeruWe booked a three day white water rafting trip on the Apurimac river through River Explorers. The Apurimac river has Class III to VI rapids and is the main tributary to the Amazon river.
We were picked up 8am, stopped after Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | May 29, 2013
- To the capital of the Inca4am start for our early flight to Lima, then on to Cusco. We thought we were going to miss the connection to Cusco because Cal misheard what the local time was. Super excitingly, we were upgraded for free to business Posted by EricaJY in Adventure Americas | May 29, 2013
- Following the Incas
Who told them we were coming?
The infamous Incan ruins of Machu Picchu are by our guestimation – on the to Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | May 29, 2013
- Floating Islands - Lake TiticacaAfter a great month in Bolivia we felt it was time to move onto a new country and we needed to be in Cusco by the end of April to do the Inca Trail.
Our first stop in Peru was Puno. Posted by Ninirock in Nini and Emma Take on South America | May 25, 2013
- ArequipaGetting closer and closer to a trip´s ending, I often face increasing senses of denial and ambivalence. Asia and I left Bolivia super-excited to see Lori and Monty. At the same time it marked the definite beginning of the last Posted by Irmelin in There and Back Again | May 22, 2013
- Fotos Posted by nicolexplore in nicolexplore | May 22, 2013
- Jungle greetings from LimaIt’s been quite a while since my last update, but it have been busy times on all levels. Being half way in my volunteering project however, now is a good time to write.
Since April 1st, I have been working in Posted by tombroekaert in Tom in South-America | May 17, 2013
- A dash through PeruFrom Bolivia we crossed over into the Peruvian border to the town of Puno. It situated on the banks of lake Titicaca and as such is quite touristy. We just spent one night there and done the tour of Posted by ofenelon in Dodging Mosquitos | May 16, 2013
- The City of the Lost Incas
View of the city
Nosotros somos en la Ciudad de los Incas perdidas finalmente! We are finally in the [[http://www.360cities.net/image/machu-picchu-la-ciudad-perdida-de-los-incas-peru#0.00,0. Posted by ZK_15 in My Dream Trip around the World | Apr 29, 2013
- Exploring PeruSince completing the Salkantay trek we spent one final day in Cusco before catching an overnight bus to Arequipa. We were both very excited to be heading to warmer places for a while. Arequipa has a very Spanish Posted by Scott-Georgie in Georgie & Scott in South America | May 14, 2013
- Cusco, Perú - April 23, 2013
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/385629/48C59DDB2219AC6817884EA2AB4DAE2 Posted by cazvan in No Parking | Apr 22, 2013
- Machu Picchu, Perú - April 24, 2013
Machu Picchu. Estate of Pachavutec Inca. 1450. Cusco Region, Perú. The stonewor Posted by cazvan in No Parking | Apr 23, 2013