- MACHU PICCHU, an amazing place in the clouds.Wednesday , April 9th.
At 4:30 we heard our wake up call to start out for Machu Picchu. The cabbie, pulled up outside as we finished breakfast. Following this was a bus, a train and yet another bus. We travelled Posted by Sue McNicholas in PERU | Apr 12, 2014
- Lima with The FamRoyals? Us? No, but it felt like that when Dave's aunt and uncle, and their family, showed us around Lima for three days.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/624253/large_90_P1 Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Apr 8, 2014
- Big Birds and HikesDave and I couldn't get enough hiking on our trip, so we decided to hike, and sleep in, the second deepest canyon in the world (neighbor to the first deepest canyon in the world).
First, we celebrated my birthday in Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Apr 8, 2014
- The Quinoa Craze[img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by TenekaCJ in Serving in Peru, South America | Apr 7, 2014
- In search of Paddington bear...Peru 3rd march - 13th march
After what felt like the longest journey in the world I finally arrived into Lima, Peru. Despite my sleep in Florida I was exhausted and as a result was a bit of an emotional wreck! Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | Apr 4, 2014
- Peru[float=right][/float]Surprisingly we spent much more time in Peru then we had planned in the beginning. We wanted to avoid this most touristy Latin American country and continue to less explored B Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | Mar 26, 2014
- Way from Guayaquil to CuscoNormally the way somewhere is not worthy to mention especially not to dedicate a chapter to it in a blog. However this piece of journey teach us some interesting things.
Firstly, never but never book in advance :) usually we Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | Mar 26, 2014
- Machu PicchuOn Machu Picchu, Wikipedia tells us:
"The Incas built the estate around 1450, but abandoned it a century later at the time of the Spanish Conquest. Although known locally, it was unknown to the outside world before being brought to international Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Mar 21, 2014
- Mom's Visit=="Her happiness infected us!" "With you it's like a party"==
Those are some of the words that the friends used to describe my Mom and her visit. Two weeks went by so quick! But, the brothers enjoyed so much getting to Posted by TenekaCJ in Serving in Peru, South America | Mar 13, 2014
- Days 99-100 Over the Equator, homeward boundIt is the big day, and a very long one, we are returning home to Istanbul, via Miami-London...
Travel anxiety hit us big time as we only got to sleep for an hour or so. Woke up at 4 AM to Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Mar 9, 2014
- The Sacred ValleyPisac and Ollyantambo.
We thought about taking a direct bus or taxi to Ollyantambo, but in the end decided to do a bus tour so that we could explore Pisac on the way.
We left our luggage at the Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Mar 9, 2014
- Day 98 Lima Last Minute LocalThe lasts two days of the trip, we set out to explore as much as we can, it is our last breath…
We take a public bus out to Larco Museum, which shows artifacts from Northern Cultures of Peru, but it Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Mar 3, 2014
- 95-97. Gunler: Lima
100 gunluk seyahatimizin son duragi Lima'ya, bir yandan donus yoluna girmenin saskinligi diger yandan ise aklimizdaki rotayi tamamlamis olmanin dinginligiyle variyoruz. Lima'nin kalmak icin en Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Mar 2, 2014
- Days 93 & 94 : Poor Man's Galapagos
Overnight bus from Arequipa, first thru the winding mountain roads and valleys, then thru the desert, we are on our way to the town of Paracas, via Pisco. Descending from 2500 meters above sea level, mountains give way to rocks Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 28, 2014
- 91 ve 92 : Arequipa'da iki gun
Cusco'dan gece otobus yolculuguyla
Peru'nun tarihi dokusu korunmus diger bir sehiri olan Arequipa'ya geciyoruz. Bunca zaman yasadigimiz turlu otobus yolculugina yeni bir boyut ekleniyor. D Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 28, 2014
- 88-90 Gunler: Cusco: Ortaya Inka ve koloniyel karisik Ayaklarimizin biraz yere basmasi icin" ruhani olarak Tibete bagli" ( bir tanitim yazisinda "spiritually connected to Tibet" yaziyordu) Kutsal Vadi'den ayrilip, bu sefer de "kutsal kent" olarak anilan Cusco'ya geciyoruz.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 28, 2014
- Bir haftaya bedel 87.gun Kutsal Vadide gundelik hayatAnd Daglari, Dunyanin en uzun dag dizileri.. Uzunlugu 7000 km civarinda. Guney Amerika kita'sinin Bati Kiyisini Kuzeyden Guney'e kesiyorlar.. Bir ucu Karayiplerde, diger ucu Patagonya'da.... Yaklasik 40 gundur, biz de onlari guneyden kuzeye teker teker ke Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 25, 2014
- Days 83-86 Boleto Turistico CuscoWith so many Inca ruins in Sacred Valley, any eager tourist needs to buy the Boleto Turistico to visit all or most, as the boleto provides serious discounts on entry fees to all of the sites, so we do, and Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 25, 2014
- Days 80-82 Machu Picchu Expedition
After a day of mental prep time in Calca, we are on our way to possibly the last highlight of the trip, the world famous, incomparable Machu Picchu!
No wonder it is so famous and unique, it is a job to Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 21, 2014
- Day 79 Andean Explorer(s)
We envisioned the train system in South America to be far more efficient than what we have seen so far, thus we were fairly disappointed thru out the trip not to be able to ride on a single Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 17, 2014
- Mmmm, Guinea PigIf you ever had a guinea pig as a pet, or your kids have a guinea pig, then maybe don't read this and definitely don't tell them it tastes good.
You may not know, but guinea pig is one of Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Feb 16, 2014
- 78. Gun Antropoloji bile degisti, peki kultur turizm mi?
Ilkel yasam tipleri, antropoloji bilim dalinin hep odagi olmus...Anlamak ve aktarmak uzere gozlemlemisler, izlemisler, vaktiyle tepeden bakarak yorumlayip aktardiklarini, son 20 yildir icine girerek, katilarak, kendi kimliklerini ve tarafli gozlerini de Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 16, 2014
- Lares Trek to Machu Picchu and Manu Jungle Tours==Peru==
19th Jan to 22nd Jan: So after arriving in Cusco, we had a few days to relax and get used to the altitude as it is 3400 metres above sea level. Lisa felt the effects of it a bit with Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Feb 16, 2014
- Guayaquil to Lima to CuscoSo after our adventure on the Galapagos Islands, we had a few days of travelling to do, in order to reach our next tour. So this involved some long, cross country bus rides.
We had one day in Guayaquil where we Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Jan 31, 2014
- Machu Pichu [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/B11CEA5B2219AC6 Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Jan 19, 2014