- Intro to CuscoA day of flights awaited us today. We had a very early flight to Panama City leaving at 3.40am, arriving at 6.23am with a 2.5hr stopover, then a 9.06am departure for a 3.5hr flight to Lima with a 2.5hr stopover, Posted by Nezabella in Our American and African Adventures | Nov 16, 2015
- Arequipa = quip Area==Day 26==
We flew from a very busy Lima airport (see photo) to Arequipa, the White City.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by lindrum in Jan & Tony & Linda & Al | Nov 14, 2015
- Friday 13thThe problem with booking online is you never know exactly what you're going to get.
Due to our time restrictions we decided to book everything in advance this trip (not our usual style I know, but its good to try Posted by 2kiwicompaneros in Viva South America!! | Nov 14, 2015
- Amazin' AmazonGreetings everyone, hope you're enjoying the blog. We have survived the sweltering heat of the Amazon to bring you this update. Enjoy.
Arrived Iquitos, a city of one million inhabitants, almost all of whom ride mototaxis (motorcycles pul Posted by lindrum in Jan & Tony & Linda & Al | Nov 13, 2015
- Huaraz - exploring at altitudeThis time last week I had been in Huaraz for all of about 3 hours, having arrived with 5 other volunteers in the early hours. We'd taken an overnight bus from Trujillo to Huaraz, and were already waiting to go Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Nov 13, 2015
- Cusco Baby!!!Jetlagged, exhausted, and with the quickly dawning realisation that speaking a few words of a language is vastly different to partaking in a conversation of it, we hailed a cab from Cusco airport. Trick for new players- the cabbie's fares Posted by 2kiwicompaneros in Viva South America!! | Nov 12, 2015
- maiL from Lima==Day 20 2nd November and Day 21==
Flew to Lima in Peru seeing the snow-capped Andes on the way. Arrived Lima. Had lunch in the central park with many scrawny cats. Took in the view from the cliffs at Miraflores. Ventured Posted by lindrum in Jan & Tony & Linda & Al | Nov 12, 2015
- The Incan Empire of PeruCusco
We flew from Rurrenabaque in Bolivia to Cusco in Peru. We were up at 5am in Rurrenabaque and made our way to the shuttle bus pick up point to take us to the tiniest airport we've ever seen. It was Posted by nathanruth in Backpacks, Buses and Beyond | Nov 10, 2015
- PeruHours on plane: 17.5
Hours on bus: 61
Hours on a train: 2
Phil's injury count to date: 2 (one sprained ankle and a minor laceration to little toe)
Things were have learnt:
Doxycycline does indeed induce photo sensitivity.
Cocoa leaves do help Posted by PhilR in Randerlams on Tour | Nov 8, 2015
- A long flight but in ArequipaTypical flight delays but safety and flexibility are what I aim for. Arrived and meet the team. Lots of very positive energy and singular focus.
very dry closely packe Posted by paul pierce in Paul in Peru | Nov 7, 2015
- another adventure
lots of big bags, THE HAT, and a certain "Dr. Duck" are ready for one more adventure.
Posted by paul pierce in Paul in Peru | Nov 4, 2015
- All things newSomehow nearly three weeks have flown by since the beginning of my trip and I have already finished my second week of teaching in two primary schools around Huanchaco. It's been so busy that it feels as though I've been Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Oct 31, 2015
- The Inca Cities of Peru
We arrived in Cusco after the most crazy overnight bus. Lewis got sick potentially from one of four options: food poisoning, altitude,the bus drivers manic driving or a combination of al Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 31, 2015
- The Pilgrimage to Machu Picchu
The Inca Trail started nice and early, 7am and we were in our shuttle departing Ollantaytambo. It was D-Day. We were starting the trek that we had planned over six months ago! The track Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 27, 2015
- Ica - Paracas - Ballestas Islands - LimaChristian told us yesterday that breakfast is served from 06:00; this was also confirmed by reception last night. It is a shame nobody told the restaurant. At 06:00 there are a few items of fruit, but not a lot else. Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Oct 28, 2002
- Lima - IcaWe leave the hotel just after 06:00 for the short journey to the bus station. Compared with Bristol Bus Station, this is wonderful. It is much more upmarket, in fact it is more like an airport, where you check in Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Oct 27, 2002
- Toronto - Miami - LimaAt Toronto’s Terminal 3, the check-in staff do not normally weigh the luggage, only if it looks heavy. Ours obviously doesn’t. They have a strange system here: even though we have checked our cases in and been given our luggage Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Oct 26, 2002
- Flight of the Condors
We arrived in Arequipa after a long night bus. It really felt like it took forever. Lewis and I headed out for crepes as we needed the sugar to keep us awake the morning. After the crepe Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 18, 2015
- The adventure beginsOne of the big concerns people have about travelling alone is whether you'll make friends; everyone says you will but you always hope it will be true for you. In the first few days of my trip I met a Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Oct 17, 2015
- Leaving Peru in ruinsWe started back in Ollantaytambo, from where we caught another couple of colectivos back to Cusco. We talked on the way with an Irish retiree, who amused us with stories and woeful Spanish.
Gaya and Ray were waiting for us at Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 and '16 | Oct 15, 2015
- Lines in the Sand
We left Lima and were off to our next location. A small fishing town called Paracas. The reason it is visit is to see the islands off the coast which are covered with birds. As we had a Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 14, 2015
- Wow-chu PicchuSam, heavily edited by Caroline
We left Cusco by 'colectivo', South America's answer to deficient public transport. Minivan owners line up at the station, and when their vehicle is full (normally 10-14 people) they drive to their advertised dest Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 and '16 | Oct 13, 2015
- Food Highlights in Lima
The first thing we noticed in Lima was the traffic. Our bus was running 20 minutes late and so a 40 minute jo Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 13, 2015
- What even happened last weekend?Hopefully this title doesn't make you think I was drunk. Because I wasn't.
However I did suffer some memory loss (I think, I don't remember) because I cracked my head on some cement (more on this later).
It's been a VERY LONG Posted by alexandrang98 in 10 meses en San Borja | Oct 12, 2015
- Hola Peru...Its Beach Time!!!We left Cuenca early in the morning (6am if I am being precise). It was a long travel day as we were on a bus overall for 9hours and had a border to cross. We were leaving Ecuador, a Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 11, 2015