- PachamamaApparently this post just doesn't want to meet the world; this is now my third attempt to write it as autosave and the interwebs are failing me.
Incidentally, if I have any typos, please excuse them. Autocorrect is as much Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jun 20, 2015
- Just some casual extreme sportingUnfortunately we didn't clue in until the body armor. This tour was gonna be bigger than we anticipated.
Our Jungle Tour started Saturday (hence my online absence, forgive me but I was swatting bugs and traversing the Andes) when Gina Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jun 18, 2015
- In the Jungle!From Cartagena I took a flight to Laeticia, on the Colombian border with Peru (and Brazil), on the banks of the Amazon. My plan was to book a ticket for the following day on "El Rapido" - the speed boat Posted by Matt Cocken in Matt's Massive Holiday! | Apr 26, 2015
- Cacao tea and mePSA, This blog in general will be picture heavy. You have been warned. Everything is just so cool.
Especially this one. She thinks she's pretty cool.
Today we skipped Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jun 12, 2015
- Today I ate a guinea pig and cried about itGetting to Cuzco was a draining 24 hour ordeal but I won't bore you with that. We made it to Cuzco! It's surreal that our trip has actually started. First thing we did? Sleep. Second? Beer.
The Hostel Atawkama was Posted by Chloeah in HerakoTrip 2015 | Jun 12, 2015
- A dip in Lake TiticacaLake Titicaca is the largest lake in South America and the highest navigable lake in the world. It straddles Peru and Bolivia and if you have the time you can border cross by boat. We decided to stay on the Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Jun 10, 2015
- Food glorious food!Back in Arequipa after three days trekking we decided to focus for the next couple of days on culinary activities. After all, many people have said this is the World Food Tour.
After a nice slow start and lovely Skype chat Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Jun 9, 2015
- Trekking deep into Peru's Colca CanyonPeru has the worlds two deepest canyons and both are within reach of Arequipa. We booked a 3 day trek known as El Classico in the Colca canyon, the closer of the two but the second deepest. The minibus picked Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Jun 9, 2015
- ArequipaPeru was to be the last country we would visit in South America and it couldn't have been more different from Chile, Argentina and Brazil. The scenery is drastically different, very brown and barren and the climate at this time Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Jun 8, 2015
- More Jungle, More Jungle...[i][Karen has been doing an awesome job, writing the jungle blogs!! I (Rick) have been having trouble with the computer and hard drive where I store the photos I take. I had a memory card full of Giant Otter Posted by Rick-n-Karen in Living the Dream! | Jun 8, 2015
- Into the Jungle- Manu ParkBlog entry for Manu - May 15, 16, 17
Up at 0445 to pack up and leave for Manu park. The Pantiacolla van arrived promptly at 05:30, we picked up two more couples and then we were off! One of Posted by Rick-n-Karen in Living the Dream! | Jun 8, 2015
- Lima and Some Final Impressions of PeruWe flew out of Cusco without a problem despite rumors of a transportation strike. Fortunately, it was limited to the Urubamba Valley and we were grateful that we were there before the strike as the region can be paralyzed Posted by Culinerrion in Peru | May 14, 2015
- CuscoWe had a late lunch in Aquas Caillentes and caught the train back to Ollaytatambo where our bus was waiting to take us to Cusco. We arrived at the hotel at 9:30 pm and just fell into bed. Posted by Culinerrion in Peru | May 11, 2015
- Machu Picchu[center][/center]
I think that years ago, when I first read about Machu Picchu, it seemed too remote and too difficult to even think about a trip. I imagined daunting elevation and verti Posted by Culinerrion in Peru | May 10, 2015
- Pisac Ruins and OllantaytamboWe were up bright and early for breakfast, refreshed by the good beds and the sparkling fresh air of the mountains. Our tour for the day was to the Andean ruins at Pisac, then on to the marketplace, lunch, Posted by Culinerrion in Peru | May 9, 2015
- In Transit"There's a groupon for Machu Picchu...wanna go?" Well, yes....although it wasn't on my immediate radar. Since retirement, we have spent considerable sums on high end travel - ironic for a couple known as die-hard cheapskates. I discovered Posted by Culinerrion in Peru | May 7, 2015
- Alpaca my bags and head home nowPer the usual, Alyssa and I woke up at the 4 am, tried to sleep til 5:30, and failed. We caught a cab to the airport at 6 am for our 8:30 am flight to Lima. We thought the Arequipa Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | May 31, 2015
- Protests, Cactus Attacks, and Dog GangsAfter a few days in Cusco, we headed south to Arequipa with a 7:30 am flight on LAN Airlines. Alyssa and I discovered that the latest we will able to sleep on this entire trip is 8:30 am. Otherwise, we Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | May 29, 2015
- I say Macchu, you say PicchuAlyssa and I started our Macchu Picchu (MP) ascent at 4:20 am. We walked for 25 minutes to the first check point for MP. It was like a mass exodus from Aguas Calientes as a lot of tourists begin their Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | May 26, 2015
- First 4 days in Cusco
Monday May 11, Days 43
A leisurely morning with HOT showers and a breakfast which was buffet style in a lovely dining area with ornate colonial wooden chairs - tablecloths but the usual "one small square" napkins. The hot dishes Posted by Rick-n-Karen in Living the Dream! | May 26, 2015
- Inca Jungle TrailSunday, we embarked on our 3 day alternative trek to Macchu Picchu (MP). There are various ways to get to MP: train, hike the Inca trail, or an alternative trek. We chose an alternative trek called the Inca Jungle Trail Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | May 25, 2015
- The Inca Trail and Machu PicchuSo normally we both write individual articles and then merge thm together to form one blog, however, with the Inca Trail we decided to post each of our experiences separately, as they were very different to each other. As it Posted by TomAndKat in On The Road Again... | May 23, 2015
- Maras y MorayToday, we hired a tour guide to take us on a half day tour of Maras and Moray. Saúl, the guide, and Davíd, the driver, picked us up at 8 am and drove us to a small village outside of Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | May 23, 2015
- Perusing for a BruisingPrior to departure, we did look Peru up on a map. Other than that, my insurance agent informed me the water will circulate in the opposite direction when you flush the toilet in Peru. Despite our lack of preparation, we Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | May 22, 2015
- Huembo-Colibri-Hummingbird (then a side of Petroglyphs!)
Today we decided to sleep in and have an easy day. Breakfast at 0800, then we got most of our bank issues from the lost wallet straightened out quickly. We decided to Posted by Rick-n-Karen in Living the Dream! | May 22, 2015