- Christmas in CuscoCusco was the place we were going to be spending the most time on our trip, covering both Christmas and New Years.
Cusco was the capital of the Inka empire and as such is surrounded by Inka ruins. In Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Dec 25, 2013
- Arequipa and the Colca CanyonArequipa at 2,500m is a pretty and afluent town with beautiful architecture. It is the second biggest city in Peru and the traffic makes it seem that way!
We spent our tim Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Dec 16, 2013
- Heading south through Peru3,157 kilometres. 7 cities. 2 weeks. Far too many hours of bus travel.
We crossed the border into Peru without issue, and headed to Piura, in the north.
Knowing we had only a couple of weeks until we were meeting Posted by caitlingordon in Adventura Sudamericana | Dec 12, 2013
- Arequipa & Colca CanyonBuenos Tardes gringos!
Here we are reporting again from the disputed home of the Pisco Sour, a land that has multicoloured corn and is arguably the true home of the potato with over 3000 varieties!
Our journey from Iquitos to Arequipa was Posted by shaunandhan in The 'Round'-up | Dec 11, 2013
- Huacachina and my Birthday!Huacachina is a small collection of hostels, bars and restaurants surrounding a small desert oasis in the middle of some pretty impressive sand dunes.
The dunes are its main attration (though Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Dec 10, 2013
- Amazon Adventure Posted by shaunandhan in The 'Round'-up | Dec 9, 2013
- And so it begins...Hola from the continent of the Amazon, Machu Picchu & the tango; where guinea pig is a regular feature on the menu and the rubbish collection trucks play monotone music in the streets! Yep, we're in South America and will Posted by shaunandhan in The 'Round'-up | Dec 6, 2013
- ParacasParacas is a small coastal town, with a population of around 15 as far as I can tell, about 20 mins from Pisco of Pisco Sour fame.
There are two attractions of this dessert port town both in the Paracas Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Dec 4, 2013
- Back to some normality in LimaAfter the Rainforest we spent four days in the busy city of Lima, where the traffic makes no sense. However despite the crazy roads we enjoyed our time there. The food was good and there was plenty to do.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/582974/PB Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Dec 4, 2013
- Iquitos and the RainforestWe arrived in the city of Iquitos after the three day boat trip. Iquitos is the largest city in the world not accessible by road. We chose to visit the Manatee rescue centre, which was well worth the trip. The Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Dec 1, 2013
- PeruWe are now in La Paz, Bolivia having spent an excellent 6 weeks in Peru without once updating our blog...oops!
Arequipa (7th September - 8th September)
From Arica in Chile we took a chaotic bus over the border where we had to Posted by duncan-alice in Duncan & Alice Go RTW! | Dec 1, 2013
- ArequipaTime to stop the high altitude training after completing a three day hike down into the canyon, two nights at villages and then walking out. We started at 5 am to climb up the over 1000 metes of altitude, and Posted by Jen Tallarook in South America 10th Oct 2013 | Nov 30, 2013
- Boat down the Amazon riverWe left Mancora after a week long stay in the Loki bubble of nothing but sun, booze and partying. We headed first to Chiclayo, a city 6 hours South of Mancora and straight through the dessert. We stayed in Chiclayo Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Nov 30, 2013
- So Far...===First photos===
With friend Pilar when I first arrived in Lima
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/322419/large_90_753D8B252219AC68171027C1E9519E4 Posted by TenekaCJ in Serving in Peru, South America | Nov 29, 2013
- Day 2-AmazonDay 2
We took a tour of Lima with Jose as our tour guide. The first stop, The San Francisco church was where we went into the catacombs under the church. Everything had gold or gold gilding. Posted by Hanser61 in Amazon & Machu Picchu | Nov 21, 2013
- Arequipa and the Colca cañonOne city I hadn't had the chance the visit when I first travelled to Peru two years ago was the colonial town of Arequipa, located near Cuzco and not too far from the Bolivian and Chilean borders. The city actually Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | Nov 20, 2013
- MancoraOur time spent in Mancora consisted mostly of doing very little and drinking a lot. A beer pong tournament, hours of ping pong practice, another karaoke night, too much civiche, too long spent by the pool, a game of giant Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Nov 17, 2013
- Boating down the AmazonIt started with an early start, but then again, it always does. Anneliese and I have come to call these days where timings have to be adhered to, as “work days.” I know some people would be in utter disagreement Posted by Pirty in Adventures in Latin America | Nov 17, 2013
- The mysterious Nazca lines...After Huacachina, my plan was to go straight to Arequipa in the south of the country. However, in between the two locations lies Nazca, a desert-scorched town and its famous mysterious "lines". For those who have never heard or Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | Nov 16, 2013
- Huacachina, a fun oasisFollowing my adventures in cold Huaraz, I decided to renew with the sun and warmth by doing a pit stop in the Peruvian desert, in Huacachina.
Located in the south of Lima, Huacachina is a little village near Ica, and has Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | Nov 14, 2013
- Santa Cruz TrekAfter spending then a few days in Huaraz and after having climbed to the Laguna 69 (see [[http://manolo.travellerspoint.com/45|previous post]]), I wanted to take on a bigger challenge. There are several famous treks near Huaraz which range from 3 to 10 Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | Nov 12, 2013
- Lima, Peru[center]
Trip to cell block.
We arrived to Lima airport at 1am, to a chaotic arrivals hall where we searched for our names amongst hundreds of others, and we were swiftly taken into our Posted by chiaramichael in 111 Days | Nov 11, 2013
- Day 9 SatDay 9 Sat Ok I'm starting this a second time as I had to turn it off for the plane ride from Iquitos to Lima and I guess I didn't hit the save button properly. We got up earlythis morning Posted by Hanser61 in Amazon & Machu Picchu | Nov 9, 2013
- The Inca Trail and Machu PichuWe arrived in Cusco pretty late at night and rushed to the office to ensure we were still leaving on the trip on the Monday morning and all seemed good. We spent Sunday having a look around the city, which Posted by Pirty in Adventures in Latin America | Nov 7, 2013
- A Little More Lima and a Long Flight HomeThis was our last morning on the ship. We ate early and went to the auditorium where we waited to be called on to disembark, get our bags, and board a bus for the airport.
All of that was easy. Posted by jeburns55 in Pacific Mysteries 2013 | Nov 6, 2013