- Puno and Amantani IslaPuno is slightly underrated, yes it does look under construction, many of the road are dug up and we did witness a man relieving himself in the middle of the road in broad daylight, but there is some good food Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Jan 11, 2014
- New Years Eve in CuscoOn New Years eve we headed to the Plaza de Armas, where the party was. Everyone must wear something yellow to represent a prosperous New Year, so we opted for these fetching glasses.
In the ma Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Jan 11, 2014
- D'Ayacucho a Ccaranacc[float=left][/float]D’Ayacucho, nous nous rendons avec Karina à Huanta, dernière ville Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Jan 10, 2014
- AyacuchoLa dernière nuit, après une soupe dans un petit restaurant local, Peter est pris de diarrhée et malheureusement pour lui, le jour suivant un voyage en bus de 12h jusqu'à San Clemente puis quelques heures d’attente avant un trajet de Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Jan 10, 2014
- Day 10 Monday 6th JanThis morning we had a private tour on Lake Titicaca. This lake is the largest lake in South America and is the highest navigable body of water. We visited the unique floating islands of the Uros Indians These Indians have Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 6, 2014
- Day 9 Sunday 5th JanLeft our hotel in Cuzco early 6:40am for the bus (coach ride along the sacred valley to Puno and Lake Titicaca. This was a marathon 10 hour bus ride stopping for lunch and various ruins. The views of the Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 6, 2014
- Cusco Guinea Pigs==[center]I've eaten a lot of crazy things in my life.[/center]==
* I've eaten black eggs that smelled like ammonia after
being preserved for several months (called [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_egg|Century Eggs]])
[img=http Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Jan 5, 2014
- Day 8 4th JanSpent the day exploring Cuzco. Walked down to the business section in the morning and in the afternoon walked up the narrow streets to the artists quarter called San Blas. looked at paintings and icons etc. Back tot the hotel Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 4, 2014
- Day 7 3rd JanPicked up from our hotel in the morning and taken on a tour of Cuzco and surrounds by our guide David. Went first to Korinkancha the temple of the sun, formally the richest temple of the Incas but now built Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 4, 2014
- Peru[center]This is a story of how my friends and I hacked Machu Picchu [/center]
Every year, Machu Picchu brings in thousands of travelers from all over the world. Howeve Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Jan 4, 2014
- Day 6 Thurs 2nd JanLeft our hotel at 8am to climb the Ollantaytambo ruins. These are huge steep terraces of Inca ruins. The climb was certainly worth it -breathless views at the top literally!! There were some very cleverly engineered walls with massive stones Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 3, 2014
- Day 5 Wed. Jan 1st 2014Had planned to go up to Machu Picchu to catch the sunrise, but having set the alarm for 5am it was teaming with rain so walked around the township instead. Shopped at the market, then caught the train back along Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 3, 2014
- Day 3 Monday 30th DecEarly start to catch a plane to Cuzco. Flew out at 11am. and arrived in Cuzco at 12pm. -a lot of confusion about seating on the plane. I think they double booked. We were separated but at least we were Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 3, 2014
- 2012 B4 STAR PRINCESS - M A C H U P I C H U===FINALY - WE ARE HERE===
==M A C H U ==
==P I C H U==
===IT HAS BEEN A LONG RIDE & NOW WE WILL SEE IF IT WAS WORTH IT===
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_P Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Dec 28, 2012
- 2012 B3 STAR PRINCESS - MACHU PICHU - GETTING THEREAFTER ALL THAT MESSING ABOUT IT WAS A RELIEF TO SET OFF FROM LIMA TO
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Dec 28, 2012
- 2012 B2 STAR PRINCESS - COQUIMBO & LIMA==COQUIMBO==
===NEVER HEARD OF IT===
MY GUESS IS THAT I DID NOT GET OFF THE BOAT HERE. HIGHLY UNUSUAL FOR ME. I WONDER WHY!
A FEW PICTURES FROM THE SHIP BEFORE MOVING ON TO LIMA..
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_P1050132 Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Dec 28, 2012
- Inka trail to Machu Picchu and Huayna PicchuRosa and I caught the trekking bug after the Colca Canyon, so were excited by the prospect of the famous four day Inka trail (with an additional day, custom added). The trail was 54km from 2,600m up over three passes Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Jan 1, 2014
- Cañon del ColcaWith true Latin American style, the 160km bus journey to Cabanaconde - the starting point of our hike - took a lengthy 5 hours. With true backpacking style, we neglected to pay the 70 sol fee required to trek around Posted by caitlingordon in Adventura Sudamericana | Dec 28, 2013
- Cusco and the Inca trailMerry Christmas everyone! While you've been racing around the shops buying last minute presents, watching X-factor finals (don't pretend you didn't!) and embarrassing yourselves at Christmas parties (again, don't pretend you didn't!), we have been continu Posted by shaunandhan in The 'Round'-up | Dec 27, 2013
- How did we end up in Lima, Peru again?Over a year and a half ago, we decided to take a four month trip through South America. We started in Uruguay , went through Argentina, Chile, Peru, Ecuador and then Columbia. We stayed in Lima and rented a short Posted by tightfistedmama in Living like a local in Lima, Peru | Dec 26, 2013
- Christmas in CuscoCusco was the place we were going to be spending the most time on our trip, covering both Christmas and New Years.
Cusco was the capital of the Inka empire and as such is surrounded by Inka ruins. In Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Dec 25, 2013
- Arequipa and the Colca CanyonArequipa at 2,500m is a pretty and afluent town with beautiful architecture. It is the second biggest city in Peru and the traffic makes it seem that way!
We spent our tim Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Dec 16, 2013
- Heading south through Peru3,157 kilometres. 7 cities. 2 weeks. Far too many hours of bus travel.
We crossed the border into Peru without issue, and headed to Piura, in the north.
Knowing we had only a couple of weeks until we were meeting Posted by caitlingordon in Adventura Sudamericana | Dec 12, 2013
- Arequipa & Colca CanyonBuenos Tardes gringos!
Here we are reporting again from the disputed home of the Pisco Sour, a land that has multicoloured corn and is arguably the true home of the potato with over 3000 varieties!
Our journey from Iquitos to Arequipa was Posted by shaunandhan in The 'Round'-up | Dec 11, 2013
- Huacachina and my Birthday!Huacachina is a small collection of hostels, bars and restaurants surrounding a small desert oasis in the middle of some pretty impressive sand dunes.
The dunes are its main attration (though Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Dec 10, 2013