- Way from Guayaquil to CuscoNormally the way somewhere is not worthy to mention especially not to dedicate a chapter to it in a blog. However this piece of journey teach us some interesting things.
Firstly, never but never book in advance :) usually we Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | Mar 26, 2014
- Machu PicchuOn Machu Picchu, Wikipedia tells us:
"The Incas built the estate around 1450, but abandoned it a century later at the time of the Spanish Conquest. Although known locally, it was unknown to the outside world before being brought to international Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Mar 21, 2014
- Mom's Visit=="Her happiness infected us!" "With you it's like a party"==
Those are some of the words that the friends used to describe my Mom and her visit. Two weeks went by so quick! But, the brothers enjoyed so much getting to Posted by TenekaCJ in Serving in Peru, South America | Mar 13, 2014
- Days 99-100 Over the Equator, homeward boundIt is the big day, and a very long one, we are returning home to Istanbul, via Miami-London...
Travel anxiety hit us big time as we only got to sleep for an hour or so. Woke up at 4 AM to Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Mar 9, 2014
- The Sacred ValleyPisac and Ollyantambo.
We thought about taking a direct bus or taxi to Ollyantambo, but in the end decided to do a bus tour so that we could explore Pisac on the way.
We left our luggage at the Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Mar 9, 2014
- Day 98 Lima Last Minute LocalThe lasts two days of the trip, we set out to explore as much as we can, it is our last breath…
We take a public bus out to Larco Museum, which shows artifacts from Northern Cultures of Peru, but it Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Mar 3, 2014
- 95-97. Gunler: Lima
100 gunluk seyahatimizin son duragi Lima'ya, bir yandan donus yoluna girmenin saskinligi diger yandan ise aklimizdaki rotayi tamamlamis olmanin dinginligiyle variyoruz. Lima'nin kalmak icin en Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Mar 2, 2014
- Days 93 & 94 : Poor Man's Galapagos
Overnight bus from Arequipa, first thru the winding mountain roads and valleys, then thru the desert, we are on our way to the town of Paracas, via Pisco. Descending from 2500 meters above sea level, mountains give way to rocks Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 28, 2014
- 91 ve 92 : Arequipa'da iki gun
Cusco'dan gece otobus yolculuguyla
Peru'nun tarihi dokusu korunmus diger bir sehiri olan Arequipa'ya geciyoruz. Bunca zaman yasadigimiz turlu otobus yolculugina yeni bir boyut ekleniyor. D Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 28, 2014
- 88-90 Gunler: Cusco: Ortaya Inka ve koloniyel karisik Ayaklarimizin biraz yere basmasi icin" ruhani olarak Tibete bagli" ( bir tanitim yazisinda "spiritually connected to Tibet" yaziyordu) Kutsal Vadi'den ayrilip, bu sefer de "kutsal kent" olarak anilan Cusco'ya geciyoruz.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 28, 2014
- Bir haftaya bedel 87.gun Kutsal Vadide gundelik hayatAnd Daglari, Dunyanin en uzun dag dizileri.. Uzunlugu 7000 km civarinda. Guney Amerika kita'sinin Bati Kiyisini Kuzeyden Guney'e kesiyorlar.. Bir ucu Karayiplerde, diger ucu Patagonya'da.... Yaklasik 40 gundur, biz de onlari guneyden kuzeye teker teker ke Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 25, 2014
- Days 83-86 Boleto Turistico CuscoWith so many Inca ruins in Sacred Valley, any eager tourist needs to buy the Boleto Turistico to visit all or most, as the boleto provides serious discounts on entry fees to all of the sites, so we do, and Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 25, 2014
- Days 80-82 Machu Picchu Expedition
After a day of mental prep time in Calca, we are on our way to possibly the last highlight of the trip, the world famous, incomparable Machu Picchu!
No wonder it is so famous and unique, it is a job to Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 21, 2014
- Day 79 Andean Explorer(s)
We envisioned the train system in South America to be far more efficient than what we have seen so far, thus we were fairly disappointed thru out the trip not to be able to ride on a single Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 17, 2014
- Mmmm, Guinea PigIf you ever had a guinea pig as a pet, or your kids have a guinea pig, then maybe don't read this and definitely don't tell them it tastes good.
You may not know, but guinea pig is one of Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Feb 16, 2014
- 78. Gun Antropoloji bile degisti, peki kultur turizm mi?
Ilkel yasam tipleri, antropoloji bilim dalinin hep odagi olmus...Anlamak ve aktarmak uzere gozlemlemisler, izlemisler, vaktiyle tepeden bakarak yorumlayip aktardiklarini, son 20 yildir icine girerek, katilarak, kendi kimliklerini ve tarafli gozlerini de Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 16, 2014
- Lares Trek to Machu Picchu and Manu Jungle Tours==Peru==
19th Jan to 22nd Jan: So after arriving in Cusco, we had a few days to relax and get used to the altitude as it is 3400 metres above sea level. Lisa felt the effects of it a bit with Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Feb 16, 2014
- Guayaquil to Lima to CuscoSo after our adventure on the Galapagos Islands, we had a few days of travelling to do, in order to reach our next tour. So this involved some long, cross country bus rides.
We had one day in Guayaquil where we Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Jan 31, 2014
- Machu Pichu [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/B11CEA5B2219AC6 Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Jan 19, 2014
- Cusco, Peru [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/A75351782219AC68179443A0162A96DD.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/thumb_A75351782219AC68179443A0162A96DD.jpg Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Jan 19, 2014
- Callou, Peru Arrived in Lima ( which is a sole province of Peru) in the city of Callou. Population is around 10 million. Large industrious city. This was the destination I was so looking forward to , because it Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Jan 17, 2014
- A little trip to South AmericaTime zones are funny things. We left New Zealand at 4.15pm on Jan 8th and landed in Lima at 4.25pm on…..Jan 8th. If only it had taken 10mins instead of well over 10 hours!
Lima was an unplanned stopover Posted by bumblebum in Migrating South | Jan 14, 2014
- Puno and Amantani IslaPuno is slightly underrated, yes it does look under construction, many of the road are dug up and we did witness a man relieving himself in the middle of the road in broad daylight, but there is some good food Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Jan 11, 2014
- New Years Eve in CuscoOn New Years eve we headed to the Plaza de Armas, where the party was. Everyone must wear something yellow to represent a prosperous New Year, so we opted for these fetching glasses.
In the ma Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Jan 11, 2014
- D'Ayacucho a Ccaranacc[float=left][/float]D’Ayacucho, nous nous rendons avec Karina à Huanta, dernière ville Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Jan 10, 2014