- PERU - FIRST DAYS OF EXPLORING Sunday, April 6, 2014.
An early start to the airport for 5 a.m.
We arrived at St. John's airport without any snags, Eldon, Amy who has been visiting for the last wonderful week, and me. Check in was smooth, as was Posted by Sue McNicholas in PERU | Apr 7, 2014
- Inca warriors conquer the Inca trail! Inca trail!
Day 2 of the Inca trail can only be described as vertical! It was hell. And would challenge my marathon as the hardest thing I have ever done. Incidentally the Inca trail is the same length as a marathon, Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | Apr 30, 2014
- DOWN IN THE GOLD MINE MONDAY, April 14, 2014.
The crew is a lot of fun. We teased Manuel, who had brought a case of tinned tuna and had 2 tins of maple syrup - the authentic stuff, via Andre, straight from Quebec. Lunch Posted by Sue McNicholas in PERU | Apr 29, 2014
- Inca warriors! Peru!
Saturday the 8th started way too early! We were up and on the bus by 7.30am!! We were all a bit bleary eyed still and in need of a caffeine fix. Our destination for the day was the town of Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | Apr 28, 2014
- Peru Peru has been an incredible experience, filled with diversity of place and people. It was strange changing our viewpoint from resident of South America to tourist of South America. The largest difference is that while we have seen an incredible Posted by CaitlinEric in Una aventura en Chile. | Apr 26, 2014
- GOING FOR GOLD IN PERU.Sunday, April 13.
We stayed last night at the Ibis Hotel, as we had a breakfast meeting here at 7 a.m. We walked downstairs to the cafe, and met the first of our crew: Manuel and Andre. Posted by Sue McNicholas in PERU | Apr 23, 2014
- Peru 2014[img=ht Posted by Anahera in Sarah is traveling the world... | Apr 23, 2014
- Lima, PeruArrived safe and sound into Lima, the first leg of our trip!
Pictures of the main square, Plaza de Armas. To our delight, blazing sunshine, not what we were expecting!
[img=http://photos.trav Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | Apr 23, 2014
- LIMA - A NIGHT ON THE TOWNFriday, April 11th.
A lazy day in Lima. We had decided to spend the day looking around the city and then taking an evening tour of Lima on a double decker bus. The tour advertised: Panoramic view of the Historic Centre Posted by Sue McNicholas in PERU | Apr 13, 2014
- CUSCO, ancient capital of the Inca EmpireTuesday, April 8, 2014.
…… mad traffic heading for the airport in Lima. Vehicles drive very close and squeeze between each other, even when they do not have the right of way. This makes for noisy driving as every driver appears Posted by Sue McNicholas in PERU | Apr 10, 2014
- MACHU PICCHU, an amazing place in the clouds.Wednesday , April 9th.
At 4:30 we heard our wake up call to start out for Machu Picchu. The cabbie, pulled up outside as we finished breakfast. Following this was a bus, a train and yet another bus. We travelled Posted by Sue McNicholas in PERU | Apr 12, 2014
- Lima with The FamRoyals? Us? No, but it felt like that when Dave's aunt and uncle, and their family, showed us around Lima for three days.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/624253/large_90_P1 Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Apr 8, 2014
- Big Birds and HikesDave and I couldn't get enough hiking on our trip, so we decided to hike, and sleep in, the second deepest canyon in the world (neighbor to the first deepest canyon in the world).
First, we celebrated my birthday in Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Apr 8, 2014
- The Quinoa Craze[img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by TenekaCJ in Serving in Peru, South America | Apr 7, 2014
- In search of Paddington bear...Peru 3rd march - 13th march
After what felt like the longest journey in the world I finally arrived into Lima, Peru. Despite my sleep in Florida I was exhausted and as a result was a bit of an emotional wreck! Posted by HelenHeneghan in Helen goes round the world! | Apr 4, 2014
- Peru[float=right][/float]Surprisingly we spent much more time in Peru then we had planned in the beginning. We wanted to avoid this most touristy Latin American country and continue to less explored B Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | Mar 26, 2014
- Way from Guayaquil to CuscoNormally the way somewhere is not worthy to mention especially not to dedicate a chapter to it in a blog. However this piece of journey teach us some interesting things.
Firstly, never but never book in advance :) usually we Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | Mar 26, 2014
- Machu PicchuOn Machu Picchu, Wikipedia tells us:
"The Incas built the estate around 1450, but abandoned it a century later at the time of the Spanish Conquest. Although known locally, it was unknown to the outside world before being brought to international Posted by Equatorials in 40 K Miles, 6 Months | Mar 21, 2014
- Mom's Visit=="Her happiness infected us!" "With you it's like a party"==
Those are some of the words that the friends used to describe my Mom and her visit. Two weeks went by so quick! But, the brothers enjoyed so much getting to Posted by TenekaCJ in Serving in Peru, South America | Mar 13, 2014
- Days 99-100 Over the Equator, homeward boundIt is the big day, and a very long one, we are returning home to Istanbul, via Miami-London...
Travel anxiety hit us big time as we only got to sleep for an hour or so. Woke up at 4 AM to Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Mar 9, 2014
- The Sacred ValleyPisac and Ollyantambo.
We thought about taking a direct bus or taxi to Ollyantambo, but in the end decided to do a bus tour so that we could explore Pisac on the way.
We left our luggage at the Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Mar 9, 2014
- Day 98 Lima Last Minute LocalThe lasts two days of the trip, we set out to explore as much as we can, it is our last breath…
We take a public bus out to Larco Museum, which shows artifacts from Northern Cultures of Peru, but it Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Mar 3, 2014
- 95-97. Gunler: Lima
100 gunluk seyahatimizin son duragi Lima'ya, bir yandan donus yoluna girmenin saskinligi diger yandan ise aklimizdaki rotayi tamamlamis olmanin dinginligiyle variyoruz. Lima'nin kalmak icin en Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Mar 2, 2014
- Days 93 & 94 : Poor Man's Galapagos
Overnight bus from Arequipa, first thru the winding mountain roads and valleys, then thru the desert, we are on our way to the town of Paracas, via Pisco. Descending from 2500 meters above sea level, mountains give way to rocks Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 28, 2014
- 91 ve 92 : Arequipa'da iki gun
Cusco'dan gece otobus yolculuguyla
Peru'nun tarihi dokusu korunmus diger bir sehiri olan Arequipa'ya geciyoruz. Bunca zaman yasadigimiz turlu otobus yolculugina yeni bir boyut ekleniyor. D Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Feb 28, 2014