- Day 8 4th JanSpent the day exploring Cuzco. Walked down to the business section in the morning and in the afternoon walked up the narrow streets to the artists quarter called San Blas. looked at paintings and icons etc. Back tot the hotel Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 4, 2014
- Day 7 3rd JanPicked up from our hotel in the morning and taken on a tour of Cuzco and surrounds by our guide David. Went first to Korinkancha the temple of the sun, formally the richest temple of the Incas but now built Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 4, 2014
- Peru[center]This is a story of how my friends and I hacked Machu Picchu [/center]
Every year, Machu Picchu brings in thousands of travelers from all over the world. Howeve Posted by DanPan in Dan Pan - The Travel Man! | Jan 4, 2014
- Day 6 Thurs 2nd JanLeft our hotel at 8am to climb the Ollantaytambo ruins. These are huge steep terraces of Inca ruins. The climb was certainly worth it -breathless views at the top literally!! There were some very cleverly engineered walls with massive stones Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 3, 2014
- Day 5 Wed. Jan 1st 2014Had planned to go up to Machu Picchu to catch the sunrise, but having set the alarm for 5am it was teaming with rain so walked around the township instead. Shopped at the market, then caught the train back along Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 3, 2014
- Day 3 Monday 30th DecEarly start to catch a plane to Cuzco. Flew out at 11am. and arrived in Cuzco at 12pm. -a lot of confusion about seating on the plane. I think they double booked. We were separated but at least we were Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 3, 2014
- 2012 B4 STAR PRINCESS - M A C H U P I C H U===FINALY - WE ARE HERE===
==M A C H U ==
==P I C H U==
===IT HAS BEEN A LONG RIDE & NOW WE WILL SEE IF IT WAS WORTH IT===
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_P Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Dec 28, 2012
- 2012 B3 STAR PRINCESS - MACHU PICHU - GETTING THEREAFTER ALL THAT MESSING ABOUT IT WAS A RELIEF TO SET OFF FROM LIMA TO
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Dec 28, 2012
- 2012 B2 STAR PRINCESS - COQUIMBO & LIMA==COQUIMBO==
===NEVER HEARD OF IT===
MY GUESS IS THAT I DID NOT GET OFF THE BOAT HERE. HIGHLY UNUSUAL FOR ME. I WONDER WHY!
A FEW PICTURES FROM THE SHIP BEFORE MOVING ON TO LIMA..
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_P1050132 Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Dec 28, 2012
- Inka trail to Machu Picchu and Huayna PicchuRosa and I caught the trekking bug after the Colca Canyon, so were excited by the prospect of the famous four day Inka trail (with an additional day, custom added). The trail was 54km from 2,600m up over three passes Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Jan 1, 2014
- Cañon del ColcaWith true Latin American style, the 160km bus journey to Cabanaconde - the starting point of our hike - took a lengthy 5 hours. With true backpacking style, we neglected to pay the 70 sol fee required to trek around Posted by caitlingordon in Adventura Sudamericana | Dec 28, 2013
- Cusco and the Inca trailMerry Christmas everyone! While you've been racing around the shops buying last minute presents, watching X-factor finals (don't pretend you didn't!) and embarrassing yourselves at Christmas parties (again, don't pretend you didn't!), we have been continu Posted by shaunandhan in The 'Round'-up | Dec 27, 2013
- How did we end up in Lima, Peru again?Over a year and a half ago, we decided to take a four month trip through South America. We started in Uruguay , went through Argentina, Chile, Peru, Ecuador and then Columbia. We stayed in Lima and rented a short Posted by tightfistedmama in Living like a local in Lima, Peru | Dec 26, 2013
- Christmas in CuscoCusco was the place we were going to be spending the most time on our trip, covering both Christmas and New Years.
Cusco was the capital of the Inka empire and as such is surrounded by Inka ruins. In Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Dec 25, 2013
- Arequipa and the Colca CanyonArequipa at 2,500m is a pretty and afluent town with beautiful architecture. It is the second biggest city in Peru and the traffic makes it seem that way!
We spent our tim Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Dec 16, 2013
- Heading south through Peru3,157 kilometres. 7 cities. 2 weeks. Far too many hours of bus travel.
We crossed the border into Peru without issue, and headed to Piura, in the north.
Knowing we had only a couple of weeks until we were meeting Posted by caitlingordon in Adventura Sudamericana | Dec 12, 2013
- Arequipa & Colca CanyonBuenos Tardes gringos!
Here we are reporting again from the disputed home of the Pisco Sour, a land that has multicoloured corn and is arguably the true home of the potato with over 3000 varieties!
Our journey from Iquitos to Arequipa was Posted by shaunandhan in The 'Round'-up | Dec 11, 2013
- Huacachina and my Birthday!Huacachina is a small collection of hostels, bars and restaurants surrounding a small desert oasis in the middle of some pretty impressive sand dunes.
The dunes are its main attration (though Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Dec 10, 2013
- Amazon Adventure Posted by shaunandhan in The 'Round'-up | Dec 9, 2013
- And so it begins...Hola from the continent of the Amazon, Machu Picchu & the tango; where guinea pig is a regular feature on the menu and the rubbish collection trucks play monotone music in the streets! Yep, we're in South America and will Posted by shaunandhan in The 'Round'-up | Dec 6, 2013
- ParacasParacas is a small coastal town, with a population of around 15 as far as I can tell, about 20 mins from Pisco of Pisco Sour fame.
There are two attractions of this dessert port town both in the Paracas Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Dec 4, 2013
- Back to some normality in LimaAfter the Rainforest we spent four days in the busy city of Lima, where the traffic makes no sense. However despite the crazy roads we enjoyed our time there. The food was good and there was plenty to do.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/582974/PB Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Dec 4, 2013
- Iquitos and the RainforestWe arrived in the city of Iquitos after the three day boat trip. Iquitos is the largest city in the world not accessible by road. We chose to visit the Manatee rescue centre, which was well worth the trip. The Posted by Time Well Spent in More Fun Than a Mortgage | Dec 1, 2013
- PeruWe are now in La Paz, Bolivia having spent an excellent 6 weeks in Peru without once updating our blog...oops!
Arequipa (7th September - 8th September)
From Arica in Chile we took a chaotic bus over the border where we had to Posted by duncan-alice in Duncan & Alice Go RTW! | Dec 1, 2013
- ArequipaTime to stop the high altitude training after completing a three day hike down into the canyon, two nights at villages and then walking out. We started at 5 am to climb up the over 1000 metes of altitude, and Posted by Jen Tallarook in South America 10th Oct 2013 | Nov 30, 2013