- Leaving Peru in ruinsWe started back in Ollantaytambo, from where we caught another couple of colectivos back to Cusco. We talked on the way with an Irish retiree, who amused us with stories and woeful Spanish.
Gaya and Ray were waiting for us at Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 15, 2015
- Lines in the Sand
We left Lima and were off to our next location. A small fishing town called Paracas. The reason it is visit is to see the islands off the coast which are covered with birds. As we had a Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 14, 2015
- Wow-chu PicchuSam, heavily edited by Caroline
We left Cusco by 'colectivo', South America's answer to deficient public transport. Minivan owners line up at the station, and when their vehicle is full (normally 10-14 people) they drive to their advertised dest Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 13, 2015
- Food Highlights in Lima
The first thing we noticed in Lima was the traffic. Our bus was running 20 minutes late and so a 40 minute jo Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 13, 2015
- What even happened last weekend?Hopefully this title doesn't make you think I was drunk. Because I wasn't.
However I did suffer some memory loss (I think, I don't remember) because I cracked my head on some cement (more on this later).
It's been a VERY LONG Posted by alexandrang98 in 10 meses en San Borja | Oct 12, 2015
- Hola Peru...Its Beach Time!!!We left Cuenca early in the morning (6am if I am being precise). It was a long travel day as we were on a bus overall for 9hours and had a border to cross. We were leaving Ecuador, a Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 11, 2015
- High-altitude trainingSam
A good few months ago, we forked out for the Andean Explorer for our Puno to Cuzco journey. It's 10 times the price of a first-class bus for the same route, and a good few hours slower. But the views Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 10, 2015
- Lake TiticacaSam
We set out from Arequipa on a beautiful but long bus ride to Puno.
Pulling into Puno
Puno is a medium-size Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 8, 2015
- Colca Canyon: Condors, Climbing and CataloniansSam
Thanks to everyone for their comments on the last entry. I disapprove of Caroline's begging tactics, but we do appreciate them, so please, please keep them coming.
I took a bit of a different approach with this blog, as you'll soon Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 6, 2015
- We Arequipa-ing busySam
We were a bit out of it when we stepped off the bus from Nazca. But we were with it enough to appreciate the imposing volcanoes that surround the city. We're at a higher altitude than Kosciuszko here, and the Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 3, 2015
- Lines DancingSam
Another comfortable bus journey from Paracas to Nazca on Tuesday, and we stepped out into a much warmer desert environment.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/758522/IMG_788 Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 1, 2015
- Playing ParacasSam
Not much to report from yesterday. We left Lima around lunchtime, caught a very comfortable bus for a few hours, and spent the evening in the small, touristy beachside town of Paracas.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/758522/IMG_141 Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Sep 28, 2015
- ¡Hola Perú!Caroline
We arrived in Lima 3 nights ago after a long day of travel from New York. Our Airbnb hosts, Elena and Martin, kindly stayed up until 1am to welcome us.
We’ve been taking it a bit easy the last few days Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Sep 26, 2015
- When an apple a day doesn't keep the doctor away...HEALTH UPDATE!
I'm still sick. My fever lasted about 3.5 days. It's since passed, but I still have a nasty cold and some chest congestion. Yesterday morning I woke up croaky and was fine by the end of the day but Posted by alexandrang98 in 10 meses en San Borja | Sep 25, 2015
- I have Lima Fever! (And also an actual fever)
HI guys! Tomorrow I hit my 3 week mark for my exchange! It's been an eventful 3 weeks and they have gone by fast, but I feel like I have been here for longer than that. My host family doe Posted by alexandrang98 in 10 meses en San Borja | Sep 21, 2015
- Food, glorious foodSo I managed to book my bus without any problems, but more than slightly regretted wearing shorts to walk to the ticket office. Bare legs attract a lot of attention around here! Booked a ticket that left Lima the next Posted by sophieehall in Sophie does South America | Sep 21, 2015
- 13th August - 17th SeptemberOnce again, I've failed to keep up with this and will now give you another huge post. I guess it shows I'm having fun! The last month has been hectic to say the least, and I've also had very limited Posted by rebecca.banks21 in Adventures in South America | Sep 17, 2015
- Turning 50 has its rewards...After careful planning, strategic packing and then a good plunk of the butt down on the suitcases in order to get them zipped- it was finally time to leave on our trip to Peru!
[img=http://phot Posted by bloomcrew in Peru September 2015 | Sep 16, 2015
- Long time no post!It's been over a week since I have gotten to Lima! It went SO fast and taught me that while 10 months may seem like an incredible amount of time, it really isn't! These 10 months of my life will Posted by alexandrang98 in 10 meses en San Borja | Sep 10, 2015
- And we're off!You know when you have to get up horrifyingly early, all you want to do is cram in as much sleep as possible before your alarm ruins everything by telling you it's time to drag your arse out of bed. Posted by sophieehall in Sophie does South America | Sep 10, 2015
- Lima - Cusco
Ok, sa er jeg pa tasterne. Synes ikke jeg har haft ret mange afslappende dage indtil videre. I nat skal jeg ogsa videre til Puno ved Titicata soen, men nu prover vi lige at komme igang, sa jeg ikke pludselig Posted by Mr. Kaas in SA around | Sep 8, 2015
- First day of school!Today was probably the best first day of school that I have ever had (or remember, presently). Like I mentioned in my last post, I had to go to school in normal clothes because my sister's uniform didn't fit me. Posted by alexandrang98 in 10 meses en San Borja | Sep 4, 2015
- My first 3 days!I had started writing something very lengthy and wonderful and it never saved, so that is why this is my first post since I have arrived in Lima. I was very frustrated and have since calmed down.
My journey to Lima Posted by alexandrang98 in 10 meses en San Borja | Sep 3, 2015
- Day 36: Monday 10th August, Inca Trail - Camp 3Easier day but didn't sleep, bit of a melt down, awesome views, amazing feast, PMA, PMA, PMA
[[https://www.facebook.com/marakarose.saunders/media_set?set=a.10153410601256418.1073741842.714641417&type=3]] Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Aug 9, 2015
- Day 35: Sunday 9th August, Inca Trail - Camp 2F'n difficult for me!! Callum raced up, me and steph were going rock to rock, tree to tree, hanging out with Steph and Reish at the back, just being courteous to the porters and taking photos ,-P, PMA, PMA, (Positive Posted by Maraka Saunders in Wandering the World with C&M | Aug 8, 2015