- HuanchacoArrived at Huanachaco, once the capital of the ancient Peruvian Moche civilisation, checked into our campsite out the back of a hotel type place which was surrounded by high glassed bottled topped walls, video surveillance and a [s]security guard[/s] 15 Posted by Tony's Travels in The Rest of the Americas | Nov 8, 2012
- Lambayeque & HuanchacoOn the drive to Huanchaco we stop in Lambayeque (whose originates from the ancient pre-Inca civilization of the Lambayeques)to visit the Lord of Sipan Museum (Museo Tumbas Reales de Sipan). The 'Lord of the Sipan’, a Moche Priest was found Posted by Tony's Travels in The Rest of the Americas | Nov 8, 2012
- El Comienzo!At last, the trip Woz and I have been planning for years has arrived!
After spending just one month living in the United States, we: received my new passport (as the last one was due to expire), Warren received his green Posted by alexis.johnson in Trippin' | Nov 8, 2012
- CuscoOur first days in Cusco were quite relaxed, so I’m gonna sum them up in a few sentences. We spent a lot of time on the computers, catching up with editing photos, skyping and writing e-mails. Also, our host Ysmael Posted by ccontheroad in CC on the Road | Nov 8, 2012
- Abancay - CuscoSo we arrived in Abancay next morning after a night at the river and nice breakfast and Conny was already feeling quite bad, apparently the rice with French fries and 2 greasy fried eggs were not the best decision for Posted by ccontheroad in CC on the Road | Nov 8, 2012
- Pampa Galeras - Abancay
===DAY 5: PAMPA GALERAS – PUQUIO – LAGUNA YAURIHURI===
After 14 hours of sleep I felt quite well and when I went to ask the guy working at the station for hot water he told me that we Posted by ccontheroad in CC on the Road | Nov 8, 2012
- Nazca - Pampa GalerasAfter a rather comfortable night – not that quiet as we thought, but OK – we had a nice breakfast and off we took to the Cahuachi pyramide-like ruins. As described in our guide book and also on some signs Posted by ccontheroad in CC on the Road | Nov 8, 2012
- Huacachina - Nazca
After a rather warm night in the Dodge we joined Melanie in the hostel’s courtyard for some breakfast – our plan of ordering some coffee and other things did not quite turn Posted by ccontheroad in CC on the Road | Nov 8, 2012
- Paracas - HuacachinaAfter a rather cold and not super-comfortable first night in the Dodge (after all we still didn’t have any blankets at this point in time & tried to keep warm with towels, scarves, lots of clothes and jackets…) we got Posted by ccontheroad in CC on the Road | Nov 8, 2012
- Lima - Paracas
So October 1st was the day. Early morning we packed our stuff in the huge trunk of our car (and discovered that it’s not that huge after all – we hardly managed to fit in the two Posted by ccontheroad in CC on the Road | Nov 8, 2012
- Paracas to NazcaToday we drove five hours to Nazca. We stopped at a watchtower along the way to see some of the Nazca Lines up close.
Some pictures from the Ballestas Islands:
[img=http://ph Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Nov 6, 2012
- ParacasOn day one, we took a boat ride to the the Ballestas Islands, other known as Peru's Galapagos. We saw lots of animals including sea lions, Peruvian boobies, red footed cormorants and pelicans. On day two we took Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Nov 6, 2012
- The Amazon to ParacasToday we flew from Puerto Madonaldo to Lima. We then drove from Lima to Paracas.
Here are some more pictures that we have from the Amazon:
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Nov 6, 2012
- The AmazonToday in the morning, we took a walk to a small pond. We canoed around the pond to see tortoises, scarlet and blue and yellow macaws. We also saw lots of other different types of birds. In Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Nov 6, 2012
- The AmazonToday, we took a trip to Lake Sandoval. We walked about three miles to a lake called Lake Sandoval. We took a boat trip on the lake and we saw some very pretty birds and giant river otters. Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Nov 6, 2012
- Lima to the Amazon RainforestToday we flew from Lima to Puerto Madonaldo, where we took a forty-five minute boat ride to our lodge in the amazon. It is a very nice bamboo lodge with about 30 cabañas, run by a chain called Inkaterra. Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Nov 6, 2012
- LimaThese two days we spent hanging out at the room and relaxing. One morning we went to visit some churches and the Monastery. The churches were very beautiful, with large stained glass windows, and marble floors. The Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Nov 6, 2012
- LimaToday we visited a pre-incan museum in the morning. It was very interesting! There was thousands and thousands of pre-incan items from thousands of years ago that were almost in perfect condition. It was amazing learning about Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Nov 6, 2012
- Punta SalLeft Ecuador today and made it through the border crossing no troubles, it would have to be one of the quietest border crossings I have been too, there was a minor hiccup getting the truck through as it had been Posted by Tony's Travels in The Rest of the Americas | Nov 5, 2012
- Halloween party in Trujillo 1985Thursday 31st November 1985
Feel awful after last nights bottle of cheap liquor. Bank, pack and meet Alexandro for lunch.Round to his college after wher e he is studying English and the tutor has encouraged a halloween party. The whole afternoon Posted by 1985 trip in around the world in 1985 | Oct 31, 1985
- vast desolate Chan ChanWednesday 30th October 1985
I arrived in Trujillo at 1.30am cold and dusty after 15 hour bus journey from the bored with Equador. Wild barren and craggy desert scenery mostly, with tat Posted by 1985 trip in around the world in 1985 | Oct 30, 1985
- San Pedro de Atacama to Lima, PeruToday we flew from the Atacama Desert to the capital city of Peru, Lima.
Posted by Walker Family in Our World Trip | Nov 4, 2012
- Too many flights!!We started on Nov 1st in Beijing to Houston, with stop over in San Francisco. A short night stay in Marriott Houston, which is right between terminal B and C... First time staying in a hotel whic Posted by samandjet in Travel here and there | Nov 3, 2012
- day 53We looked around for Machu Picchu tours but decided to do it without one and go with Damien, Cokie, and Jorge instead. First leg of the trip was a bus from Cusco to Urubamba which took about an hour. Posted by alexascamp in adventures | Nov 2, 2012
- Brodin's blog about PeruWe are in Puno in Peru. We went on 2 Reed Islands man made. The reeds where squishy. It was kind of Fun when you walk on them.
A long boat ride and a long walk and back to the boat Posted by Fletchers in Our Family Adventure to South America | Nov 1, 2012