- WE CAN BREATHEOur first view of Cusco
We left our lodge by boat at 8:30am and headed back to Maldonada where we stopped to visit a lovely butterfly farm. We were at the airport in ple Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 10, 2016
- TWO DAYS IN THE AMAZON JUNGLE
Our journey to the Inkaterra Haceienda Conception Lodge in the Amazon Jungle begin with an early rise for the airport. We were surprised that our journey was as long as it was Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 8, 2016
- Mirador Mountaintop
Colca Canyon was carved by the Colca River, located 100 miles northwest of Peru's second largest city, Arequipa.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/807690 Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Jul 8, 2016
- Chapter 6: PeruThe 19 hour bus ride from Mancora to Lima wasn't half as bad as it sounds. Two meals, super comfy reclining seats and an endless stream of Adam Sandler films dubbed in Spanish, what more could you want? So when Posted by Daniel.J.B in Another travel blog | Jul 8, 2016
- By Plane and By Pony The city of Nazca is on the Southern coast of Peru. The city is named for an ancient culture that flourished in the region between 100 BC and 800 AD. These people are responsible for creating the Nazca Lines, a Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Jul 7, 2016
- Start of the TrekOn Monday we decided to do another free walking tour this time with the same company that we had gone with in Arequipa. The tour started with tasting alpaca and then we climb a number of stairs (small training for Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jul 6, 2016
- The National Drink of Peru!Pisco is a city located in the Ica Region of Peru. Pisco is also the name of Peru's national spirit.
While we have taken full advantage of many opportunities to taste this clear brand Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Jul 6, 2016
- LIMA, PERU
Hello from Lima, Peru,
We had an uneventful trip yesterday arriving right on schedule with o Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 6, 2016
- Huacachina Sand Boarding
Huacachina is a village in south western Peru that was built around a small oasis in the middle of desert terrain.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/807690/large_ Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Jul 5, 2016
- Paracas y Islas BallestasParacas Bay is well known for its abundant wildlife and the town itself is a beach vacation destination during the summer.
We took the opportunity to capitalize on the fact that it's Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Jul 4, 2016
- CuscoWe had a very early start even up before the sun! We boarded a bus bound for Cusco. The bus ride was just on ten hours but this included stops at a number of historic sites.
First stop was a Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jul 3, 2016
- Lake TiticacaWe had an early start in Puno and had a bus pickup from the hotel to take us to a boat for our tour of Lake Titicaca. The first stop was the floating islands which were truly amazing. One does Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jul 1, 2016
- Colca CanyonWe had an early start on Wednesday but perhaps not as early as the children who were dancing in the square at our first stop. Apparently the poor things have to dance for tips before going to school.
We then Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jul 1, 2016
- Macchu Piccu Carlos, the owner of the jax hostel in olytanyambo was probably the most attentive hotelier we'd met on our travels. He provided helpful travel advice and, when we told him we had to leave at 6am the next morning to Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Jun 30, 2016
- ChivayWe were picked up at the hotel by our tour company at 8.30am and drove to Chivay. Along the way our first stop was at a shop to buy sweets. Dina our guide insisted that we should all dose up Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jun 28, 2016
- ArequipaWe took at taxi to Lima airport for a flight to Arequipa. Talk about crazy traffic and drivers, I thought they were bad in Vietnam but these guys seem worse some how. The just seems to be streams and streams Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jun 27, 2016
- LimaOur first day in Lima we spent walking around the old historic district (which is where we were staying). Lima is quite sprawled out and so we decided to stay in two hotels for the time we were here. We Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jun 24, 2016
- Mercado Numero UnoA 5 minute walk from the center of Miraflores is Surquillo District, home to Mercado Numero Uno.
A world full of colors, sounds, smells and tastes, this is one of the most famous mar Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Jun 19, 2016
- CUZCO & THE INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU!Ryan and I flew to Cuzco to meet with our friends Meera, Nikita and Nira who had just arrived from London that day. It was nice to hang out with them as we got to explore this beautiful city. It Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Jun 17, 2016
- OlytaytamboTo visit Macchu Piccu you can trek or take the train. The train from Cusco takes 4 hours and passes through many of the towns of the sacred valley of the Incas. 10 years ago we'd taken a tour of Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Jun 13, 2016
- CuscoSituated at an altitude of 3400 metres, Cusco (or originally Quosquo in the native Amara) was the former capital of the Inca empire. The inca empire was relatively short lived, only lasting from 1200 to 1500 before being overthrown by Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Jun 13, 2016
- JFK, Cats, and 400 Year Old Olive TreesWith almost 10 million residents, Lima is the most populous metropolitan area in Peru, and the second largest city in South America. For such a bustling place the city does it's best to tackle the smog problem with a remarkable Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Jun 12, 2016
- south america- Peruwe just landed in Peru the flight was from 1:00p - 8:25p by LATAM Airlines Group with one stop over for 3h in SCL for C$1,212.82.
for the next three days we will-
day two-Puerto Maldonado
day three- Machu Posted by Mahnoork21 in My trip to three regions | Jun 5, 2016
- Black Sand BeachesWe'd be lying if we said we didn't miss Rio de Janeiro. We understand that everything coming out of Brazil looks like a mess right now -- the political turmoil, the zika virus, the Olympics debacle -- but we Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Jun 5, 2016
- Here, There, EverywhereBuenos Dias from Lima, Peru!
We have been on a break from blogging while we spent a few weeks on solo adventures, but we are back this week with plenty of photos to make up for lost time.
Nathan and Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | May 29, 2016