- CoupuresA plusieurs reprises pas de courant ce qui, en général, arrive lorsque nous sommes en retard pour faire à manger ou exactement le jour ou nous avions prévu de faire de la cuisine… Et, comme on ne sait jamais combien Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Jun 1, 2014
- CcaranaccLes jours passant, nous prenons peu à peu nos mesures et nous familiarisons avec le mode de vie qui sera le notre pendant presque 4 mois et demi. Les premiers temps nous sommes épuisés et la (parfois les) sieste est Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Jun 1, 2014
- Blog 3 - first bit for PeruPeters Blog for Peru
Border Crossing into Peru
To get across the border we took a colectivo taxi. This cost 4,000clp each but is the easiest and quickest as the driver assists you through the border customs processes and takes you on Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Jun 1, 2014
- Oooops....Encore une fois, le temps file, les journees, les semaines et les mois passent tellement vite que nous n'avons cesse d'accumuler le retard... Cela fait deja pres de 2 semaines que nous avons fete nos 1 an en Amerique du Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Jun 1, 2014
- First Day in Lima!August 17th
Today, I took the Miraflores walking tour. It is an upscale district along the Pacific Coast and the heart of Lima tourism, business and leisure. There are so many shops, gardens, parks, and beaches; it is stunning. Miraflores is Posted by dcadair in My Dream Trip Around the World | May 17, 2014
- Lima, PeruAugust 16th
I arrived at my hotel in Lima, Peru not that long ago. The hotel is called Del Pilar Miraflores and it’s $89 per night. It is very beautiful, clean and the staff is wonderful. The bus ride from Quito Posted by dcadair in My Dream Trip Around the World | May 16, 2014
- HOTEL IN PERUI am now staying in the capital city of Peru which is Lima, is the capital and the largest city of Peru. It is located in the valleys of the Chillón, Rímac and Lurín rivers, in the central coastal part Posted by dallas1234 in SOUTH AMERICA | May 30, 2014
- the bus SUCCESSI RODE THE BUS TODAY! I took the bus to school and back! It is a miracle in itself but it gets better! After class we decided that we wanted to do something so we walked to this little bakery Posted by Courtneyp02 in My Peru Adventure | May 28, 2014
- the bus fiasco.Sooo riding the bus wasn´t as easy as I thought it was going to be.... In the morning Laura rode with me to the language center where I had my class which was fine. She showed me where to catch Posted by Courtneyp02 in My Peru Adventure | May 27, 2014
- OrientationToday was my day of orientation. I had to be at the ISA office by 10am and i was there until 5pm. I actually arrived there on time because Laura emphasized to Dick the importance of me not being late Posted by Courtneyp02 in My Peru Adventure | May 26, 2014
- First Day in Lima! The brunchWell today was more amazing and fun than I ever thought it could be! I got in at around 5am, met my host family, and slept in till 11am. From there we had breakfast that included yogurt and cereal(they eat Posted by Courtneyp02 in My Peru Adventure | May 25, 2014
- Sun, wine and more sea lions
After what feels like 3 days on buses (crossing into Peru at Puno, heading off to Arequipa, then on to Cabanaconde (where we wanted to trek into the Colca Canyon), then immediatel Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | May 20, 2014
- Lake Titicaca, PeruThe Uros islands are a group of man-made islands that are made out of reeds that grow on the lake. During the trip we met the inhabitants, found out how they live, and how the islands are constructed
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/664737/IMG_5439 Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | May 17, 2014
- Colca Canyon, PeruStarted with a 6 hour bus trip to the quaint little town of Chivay on the edge of the Colca Canyon. Passing some amazing scenery
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/664737 Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | May 17, 2014
- The Andean Explorer train from Cusco to Puno, Peru
[img=http:// Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | May 15, 2014
- Peruvian Amazon, Puerto Maldonado, PeruBoarding our water taxi and enjoying the view as we head to the Wasai Tambopata lodge.
Arriving at the lodge
[img=http://photos Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | May 15, 2014
- Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu, PeruThe train back to Cusco runs straight through town
Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | May 15, 2014
- The Inca Trail, PeruWalking through the entrance gates at the start of the Inca Trail with our 2 other hiking companions.
Our local guide explaining the route
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/664737/IMG_74 Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | May 9, 2014
- the best journey in loki travelDoing the lares trek it was as come back in the past, llama and alpaca that grazing in the meadows, really nice atmosphere with little andean comunities during the hiking....... reaching in the late evening the litt;e village of Huacawasi Posted by nadia de sousa in the best journey in loki travel | May 5, 2014
- Cusco, Peruit´s been a while since we´ve had a chance to do an update. Been very busy... We´ll do our best to update again soon.
So, here we are in Cusco, high up in the Peruvian mountains. So far no signs Posted by ayrestours in AyresTours | May 4, 2014
- PERU - FIRST DAYS OF EXPLORING Sunday, April 6, 2014.
An early start to the airport for 5 a.m.
We arrived at St. John's airport without any snags, Eldon, Amy who has been visiting for the last wonderful week, and me. Check in was smooth, as was Posted by Sue McNicholas in PERU | Apr 8, 2014
- CUSCO, ancient capital of the Inca EmpireTuesday, April 8, 2014.
…… mad traffic heading for the airport in Lima. Vehicles drive very close and squeeze between each other, even when they do not have the right of way. This makes for noisy driving as every driver appears Posted by Sue McNicholas in PERU | Apr 10, 2014
- MACHU PICCHU, an amazing place in the clouds.Wednesday , April 9th.
At 4:30 we heard our wake up call to start out for Machu Picchu. The cabbie, pulled up outside as we finished breakfast. Following this was a bus, a train and yet another bus. We travelled Posted by Sue McNicholas in PERU | Apr 12, 2014
- LIMA - A NIGHT ON THE TOWNFriday, April 11th.
A lazy day in Lima. We had decided to spend the day looking around the city and then taking an evening tour of Lima on a double decker bus. The tour advertised: Panoramic view of the Historic Centre Posted by Sue McNicholas in PERU | Apr 13, 2014
- GOING FOR GOLD IN PERU.Sunday, April 13.
We stayed last night at the Ibis Hotel, as we had a breakfast meeting here at 7 a.m. We walked downstairs to the cafe, and met the first of our crew: Manuel and Andre. Posted by Sue McNicholas in PERU | Apr 23, 2014