- Lake TiticacaWe had an early start in Puno and had a bus pickup from the hotel to take us to a boat for our tour of Lake Titicaca. The first stop was the floating islands which were truly amazing. One does Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jul 1, 2016
- Colca CanyonWe had an early start on Wednesday but perhaps not as early as the children who were dancing in the square at our first stop. Apparently the poor things have to dance for tips before going to school.
We then Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jul 1, 2016
- Macchu Piccu Carlos, the owner of the jax hostel in olytanyambo was probably the most attentive hotelier we'd met on our travels. He provided helpful travel advice and, when we told him we had to leave at 6am the next morning to Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Jun 30, 2016
- ChivayWe were picked up at the hotel by our tour company at 8.30am and drove to Chivay. Along the way our first stop was at a shop to buy sweets. Dina our guide insisted that we should all dose up Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jun 28, 2016
- ArequipaWe took at taxi to Lima airport for a flight to Arequipa. Talk about crazy traffic and drivers, I thought they were bad in Vietnam but these guys seem worse some how. The just seems to be streams and streams Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jun 27, 2016
- LimaOur first day in Lima we spent walking around the old historic district (which is where we were staying). Lima is quite sprawled out and so we decided to stay in two hotels for the time we were here. We Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jun 24, 2016
- Mercado Numero UnoA 5 minute walk from the center of Miraflores is Surquillo District, home to Mercado Numero Uno.
A world full of colors, sounds, smells and tastes, this is one of the most famous mar Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Jun 19, 2016
- CUZCO & THE INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU!Ryan and I flew to Cuzco to meet with our friends Meera, Nikita and Nira who had just arrived from London that day. It was nice to hang out with them as we got to explore this beautiful city. It Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Jun 17, 2016
- OlytaytamboTo visit Macchu Piccu you can trek or take the train. The train from Cusco takes 4 hours and passes through many of the towns of the sacred valley of the Incas. 10 years ago we'd taken a tour of Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Jun 13, 2016
- CuscoSituated at an altitude of 3400 metres, Cusco (or originally Quosquo in the native Amara) was the former capital of the Inca empire. The inca empire was relatively short lived, only lasting from 1200 to 1500 before being overthrown by Posted by paulymx in Paul & Shelly's World Tour 2016 | Jun 13, 2016
- JFK, Cats, and 400 Year Old Olive TreesWith almost 10 million residents, Lima is the most populous metropolitan area in Peru, and the second largest city in South America. For such a bustling place the city does it's best to tackle the smog problem with a remarkable Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Jun 12, 2016
- south america- Peruwe just landed in Peru the flight was from 1:00p - 8:25p by LATAM Airlines Group with one stop over for 3h in SCL for C$1,212.82.
for the next three days we will-
day two-Puerto Maldonado
day three- Machu Posted by Mahnoork21 in My trip to three regions | Jun 5, 2016
- Black Sand BeachesWe'd be lying if we said we didn't miss Rio de Janeiro. We understand that everything coming out of Brazil looks like a mess right now -- the political turmoil, the zika virus, the Olympics debacle -- but we Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | Jun 5, 2016
- Here, There, EverywhereBuenos Dias from Lima, Peru!
We have been on a break from blogging while we spent a few weeks on solo adventures, but we are back this week with plenty of photos to make up for lost time.
Nathan and Posted by wintermaasz in Sarah and Nathan take on the world | May 29, 2016
- ON THE WAY TO LIMA THROUGH HUACACHINA & PARACASRyan and I finally met again on the Oltursa night bus from Arequipa to Ica. After Bolivia, I was expecting very limited bus service (last time I asked in Sucre if there would be food served on the night bus Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | May 27, 2016
- COLONIAL AREQUIPA & COLCA CANYONI arrived in Arequipa by bus with Vilma, a Finnish girl I had met in my hostel in Puno, and got there in about 5h. A Peruvian man came in and started preaching the importance of eating well and leading Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | May 22, 2016
- Passing through PeruThis last week has felt pretty different to the rest of our trip so far. We think its because we got bored.
After our Colca Canyon trip, we felt that we needed some time for rest and relaxation. So naturally we Posted by VGH on tour in South America | May 19, 2016
- EXPLORING LAKE TITICACA ISLANDS, FROM BOLIVIA TO PERUI got to Copacabana after 3h in a bus with beautiful views over the lake and met some nice people in the bus: Peter, Swedish, Leena, English, and Cesar, Italian. We all ended up going to the same hostel and Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | May 13, 2016
- Arequipa and the Colca canyonWe thought it was high time we had some sleeping time, to relax and recharge.
So with that in mind, we had planned to have 2-3 days in Cusco making carrot cake at our hostel (we spent the ENTIRE tramp around Posted by VGH on tour in South America | May 10, 2016
- Visiting Cusco Cathedral== Prayer==
Its time to visit the Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption of the Virgin, also known as Cusco Cathedral, is the mother church of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Cusco. The cathedral is located on the Plaza de Posted by Joshua Baldon in Get busy livin life (^-^) | May 5, 2016
- LAKE TITICACANow I finally got here in Lake Titicaca
loving the view.
[img=http://photos.tr Posted by Joshua Baldon in Get busy livin life (^-^) | May 5, 2016
- Cusco, Peru==Cusco, Peru==
Now I got here in Cusco I'm going to be taking a VIP Bus with Cruz del Sur. Cruz del Sur, one of Peru’s largest and most successful bus companies started to offer a standard bus service from Posted by Joshua Baldon in Get busy livin life (^-^) | May 5, 2016
- peru → brazil via amazonIn order to get to Brazil, we decided to take a boat ride down the Amazon, an adventure that started in Iquitos. I couldn't recommend this more!!!! $100 gets you 3 nights floating down the river on a huge Posted by scampyyy in south america | Feb 3, 2013
I found this to be an unnecessary stop, but I've also heard numerous people rave about it so I think it's one of those places that requires some time and exploration in order to truly appreciate it. We were Posted by scampyyy in south america | Nov 4, 2012
- Ausangate and the Rainbow Mountains!What is required for an epic adventure?
- A hand drawn map (yes because it was better than all the topographical ones for sale!)
- Employ a local horse + horseman to carry all your food and tent, leaving you with just Posted by VGH on tour in South America | May 3, 2016