- maiL from Lima==Day 20 2nd November and Day 21==
Flew to Lima in Peru seeing the snow-capped Andes on the way. Arrived Lima. Had lunch in the central park with many scrawny cats. Took in the view from the cliffs at Miraflores. Ventured Posted by lindrum in Jan & Tony & Linda & Al | Nov 12, 2015
- The Incan Empire of PeruCusco
We flew from Rurrenabaque in Bolivia to Cusco in Peru. We were up at 5am in Rurrenabaque and made our way to the shuttle bus pick up point to take us to the tiniest airport we've ever seen. It was Posted by nathanruth in Backpacks, Buses and Beyond | Nov 10, 2015
- PeruHours on plane: 17.5
Hours on bus: 61
Hours on a train: 2
Phil's injury count to date: 2 (one sprained ankle and a minor laceration to little toe)
Things were have learnt:
Doxycycline does indeed induce photo sensitivity.
Cocoa leaves do help Posted by PhilR in Randerlams on Tour | Nov 8, 2015
- A long flight but in ArequipaTypical flight delays but safety and flexibility are what I aim for. Arrived and meet the team. Lots of very positive energy and singular focus.
very dry closely packe Posted by paul pierce in Paul in Peru | Nov 7, 2015
- another adventure
lots of big bags, THE HAT, and a certain "Dr. Duck" are ready for one more adventure.
Posted by paul pierce in Paul in Peru | Nov 4, 2015
- All things newSomehow nearly three weeks have flown by since the beginning of my trip and I have already finished my second week of teaching in two primary schools around Huanchaco. It's been so busy that it feels as though I've been Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Oct 31, 2015
- The Inca Cities of Peru
We arrived in Cusco after the most crazy overnight bus. Lewis got sick potentially from one of four options: food poisoning, altitude,the bus drivers manic driving or a combination of al Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 31, 2015
- The Pilgrimage to Machu Picchu
The Inca Trail started nice and early, 7am and we were in our shuttle departing Ollantaytambo. It was D-Day. We were starting the trek that we had planned over six months ago! The track Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 27, 2015
- Ica - Paracas - Ballestas Islands - LimaChristian told us yesterday that breakfast is served from 06:00; this was also confirmed by reception last night. It is a shame nobody told the restaurant. At 06:00 there are a few items of fruit, but not a lot else. Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Oct 28, 2002
- Lima - IcaWe leave the hotel just after 06:00 for the short journey to the bus station. Compared with Bristol Bus Station, this is wonderful. It is much more upmarket, in fact it is more like an airport, where you check in Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Oct 27, 2002
- Toronto - Miami - LimaAt Toronto’s Terminal 3, the check-in staff do not normally weigh the luggage, only if it looks heavy. Ours obviously doesn’t. They have a strange system here: even though we have checked our cases in and been given our luggage Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Oct 26, 2002
- Flight of the Condors
We arrived in Arequipa after a long night bus. It really felt like it took forever. Lewis and I headed out for crepes as we needed the sugar to keep us awake the morning. After the crepe Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 18, 2015
- The adventure beginsOne of the big concerns people have about travelling alone is whether you'll make friends; everyone says you will but you always hope it will be true for you. In the first few days of my trip I met a Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Oct 17, 2015
- Leaving Peru in ruinsWe started back in Ollantaytambo, from where we caught another couple of colectivos back to Cusco. We talked on the way with an Irish retiree, who amused us with stories and woeful Spanish.
Gaya and Ray were waiting for us at Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 15, 2015
- Lines in the Sand
We left Lima and were off to our next location. A small fishing town called Paracas. The reason it is visit is to see the islands off the coast which are covered with birds. As we had a Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 14, 2015
- Wow-chu PicchuSam, heavily edited by Caroline
We left Cusco by 'colectivo', South America's answer to deficient public transport. Minivan owners line up at the station, and when their vehicle is full (normally 10-14 people) they drive to their advertised dest Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 13, 2015
- Food Highlights in Lima
The first thing we noticed in Lima was the traffic. Our bus was running 20 minutes late and so a 40 minute jo Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 13, 2015
- What even happened last weekend?Hopefully this title doesn't make you think I was drunk. Because I wasn't.
However I did suffer some memory loss (I think, I don't remember) because I cracked my head on some cement (more on this later).
It's been a VERY LONG Posted by alexandrang98 in 10 meses en San Borja | Oct 12, 2015
- Hola Peru...Its Beach Time!!!We left Cuenca early in the morning (6am if I am being precise). It was a long travel day as we were on a bus overall for 9hours and had a border to cross. We were leaving Ecuador, a Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 11, 2015
- High-altitude trainingSam
A good few months ago, we forked out for the Andean Explorer for our Puno to Cuzco journey. It's 10 times the price of a first-class bus for the same route, and a good few hours slower. But the views Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 10, 2015
- Lake TiticacaSam
We set out from Arequipa on a beautiful but long bus ride to Puno.
Pulling into Puno
Puno is a medium-size Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 8, 2015
- Colca Canyon: Condors, Climbing and CataloniansSam
Thanks to everyone for their comments on the last entry. I disapprove of Caroline's begging tactics, but we do appreciate them, so please, please keep them coming.
I took a bit of a different approach with this blog, as you'll soon Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 6, 2015
- We Arequipa-ing busySam
We were a bit out of it when we stepped off the bus from Nazca. But we were with it enough to appreciate the imposing volcanoes that surround the city. We're at a higher altitude than Kosciuszko here, and the Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 3, 2015
- Lines DancingSam
Another comfortable bus journey from Paracas to Nazca on Tuesday, and we stepped out into a much warmer desert environment.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/758522/IMG_788 Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Oct 1, 2015
- Playing ParacasSam
Not much to report from yesterday. We left Lima around lunchtime, caught a very comfortable bus for a few hours, and spent the evening in the small, touristy beachside town of Paracas.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/758522/IMG_141 Posted by samoline in Samoline 2015 | Sep 28, 2015