- Inca ruins, wee smells and tonnes of toutsWe can't deny it was a nice feeling to be in a comfortable B&B again and have the facilities of a town after our Titicaca homestay. It was also exactly three weeks to the day we would be flying home.... Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jul 10, 2014
- The "real" South American experienceGreetings from the hospital Lederer-Banse!
This week unfortunately is dominated by the "other South American experience", i. e. altitude sickness, nausea & diarrhea:(
After my busy week of mountainbiking & Salar de Uyuni I flew back to La Paz and af Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea's Trip Around the World | Jul 9, 2014
- Puno & Lake TiticacaThe 5.5 hour journey from Arequipa to Puno (located on Lake Titicaca) was really enjoyable. We chose a tour bus this time which was a small mini-van with guide and some stops along the way to break it up.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/613450/l Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jul 8, 2014
- Arequipa's a keeper! (It's not easy thinking up blog titles)It just goes to prove you have to make up your own mind about places rather than take too much notice of other people's opinions. As the crowd once said to Brian of Nazareth, "Yes! We're all individuals! Yes, we Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jul 3, 2014
- Machu Picchu- Beds for Hundreds; Toilet for OneThe good night's sleep we had planned after a few days of camping was foiled! Our hotel was conveniently located next door to a loud karaoke club which stayed open until quite late, one of our neighbours had their TV Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Jun 7, 2014
- Inca Trail Day Four- Phuyupatamarca to a Real Bed!!Sadly, especially with Kate's hacking cough limiting sleep, we woke up at 5.30 am to watch the sunrise. Scrambling up 50 meter or so of ascent we arrived on top of the peak, surrounded by snow capped mountains and glaciers Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Jun 6, 2014
- Inca Trail Day Three- Pacaymayo to PhuyupatamarcaKate's cold has progressed overnight; she's very very congested, coughing constantly and couldn't sleep. As a result, neither could Pat. Luckily we started a bit later so we had a bit longer to try to sleep. Coco tea arrived at Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Jun 5, 2014
- Inca Trail Day Two- Huayllabamba to PacaymayoDay two! And with the new itinerary this is meant to be the most difficult day on the trail, climbing 1200 metres to the highest point on the trail, Warmiwañusca Pass (known as Dead Woman's Pass in English). We both Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Jun 4, 2014
- Inca Trail Day One- Piscacucho to HuallyabambaDay one! We're up at 5.45, had our last fried hotdog omelette for a while (relief) and headed to the Andean Adventures office, arriving just after the meeting time of 6.30. The door was open, but no one was home. Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Jun 3, 2014
- My New Adventure - 2104Hi everyone
After a long break I'm back again! :)
To bring you up to speed and possibly a little repetition so sorry; towards the end of my time in Peru last year, (Sept to Nov) I wasn't sure what I was Posted by Heather Buc in 2014 - My New Peruvian Adventure | Jun 28, 2014
- Grocery Shopping in LimaToday started out with an absolutely delicious breakfast! Mani, my host mom, bought me this amazing croissant filled with ham and cheese! After this I headed to work again. I really like walking to work and have really started feeling Posted by Courtneyp02 in My Peru Adventure | Jun 10, 2014
- Montezuma's revenge, Delhi belly... call it what you willYou may have noticed, but this is a blog all about the squits. And why not?! As I lie here clutching my painfully gripey stomach wondering which end I'll need to hurriedly take to the bathroom next, I thought it Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jun 26, 2014
- A little street photography in PunoI really enjoyed today.
I arrived in Puno this morning which is located on the shore of Lake Titicaca at 3,830 m (12,556 ft). They recommend to take it easy on the first day to avoid altitude sickness. Happily took Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea's Trip Around the World | Jun 26, 2014
- The wonder of the Nasca LinesWe made a decision a couple of weeks back not to go to Bolivia. We're both a bit disappointed as the salt flats look truly spectacular, but we dallied a bit too long in Ecuador and as a result our Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jun 26, 2014
- Ein Bild sagt mehr als 1000 Worte
Ein Bild sagt mehr als 1000 Worte -- A picture says more than a 1000 words.
Taking advantage of some stronger wifi today to upload some pictures. Dedicated to those Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea's Trip Around the World | Jun 24, 2014
- In the deserts of PeruWe left Lima in style, in VIP seats on a Cruz Del Sur bus - one of the best companies which operate long-haul bus journeys across South America. It was super comfortable and although a lot more expensive than buses Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jun 23, 2014
- Welcome to the jungle!So I heard today is Sunday and I thought I'd try to get into the habit of writing a small weekly summary for y'all and myself.
It's day #5 of my trip and day #2 in the jungle and being on Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea's Trip Around the World | Jun 22, 2014
- Chao Ecuador, hola Peru!And so it was farewell to Ecuador, and despite the robbery blip, it was a very fond one. But before we left we had a gem of a journey from Cuenca to Guayaquil (Ecuador's largest city) to get our flight Posted by Galavantie in GlobalGalavantie | Jun 21, 2014
- Lake Titicaca and the home stayHi guys,
another quick update for you....
We reached Puno on Tuesday. Punos is a little city on the side of Lake Titicaca. Lake Titicaca is the highest navigable lake in the world sitting at 3600m above sea level. its bloody Posted by carlyngaz in Time for Carly and Gary to see the world | Jun 21, 2014
- Amazonia & Inca trail a la PeruAfter our meaty times in Argentina, we kicked off two weeks in PERU with focus on the nature! We went for a Tucan tour that combined a few days in Amazonia followed by trekking the Inca trail. We flied Posted by Ebadis.AAAtrip in M&S AAA trip! | Jun 17, 2014
- The Sacred Valley and Macchupicchu...Hi everybody,
Wi Fi in S.America seems to be a bit rubbish, so here is our first update....
We're having an amazing time, cant believe its only been just over a week since we arrived, seems like we have done so much Posted by carlyngaz in Time for Carly and Gary to see the world | Jun 17, 2014
- Off to the movies! Today I walked to class with Zoey instead of taking the crazy busses! The walk was great and actually left me feeling more awake when I got to my placement! It is about a 20 minute walk from my house Posted by Courtneyp02 in My Peru Adventure | Jun 10, 2014
- Retour au PerouDe La Paz, nous prenons un bus pour Puno. Nous n'y passons que deux jours, le temps d'aller visiter les iles Uros, sortes d'iles flottantes au milieu du lac Titicaca, que nous n'avions pas eu le temps de visiter à Posted by wherethehellrwe in Mes premiers pas.. | Jan 27, 2015
- It's The Final Countdown!Our last day in Cusco before the Inca Trail did not start well- Kate woke up with a sore throat and a bit congested. Don't need any additional barriers to breathing at this altitude! But, nothing to be done, we Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Jun 2, 2014
- We'll Huff and We'll Puff and We'll Probably Pass Out!Not a lot planned today, just try to move around a bit and try to get used to this awful altitude (we're at about 3600 meters). The town is full of dogs. Dogs everywhere, just like South East Asia, but Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Jun 1, 2014