- My Cebu Food Trip Days 2 and 3When i went home from Terraces on Day 1, I was still up and about, inside my hotel room. I should blame my body clock for not adjusting very well because I really couldn't sleep. All night, i was just Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Feb 13, 2013
- Manila, PhilippinesOur last stop was Manila. During this time, some extreme floods were sweeping the city. Going from Boracay to Palawan, we had to fly via Manila. We also entered the country through Manila. The times that we were there just Posted by Anja Fourie in Exploradoranja | Aug 19, 2012
- The New 7 Wonders of Nature: The Underground RiverAfter a week on the small island of Boracay, we make our way West to the larger island of Palawan.
The island is approximately 450kms long and has a width of about 50kms. The island's capital is Puerto Princesa. The Posted by Anja Fourie in Exploradoranja | Aug 19, 2012
- My Cebu Food Trip Day 1To start this entry, I'd like to thank my friend Derrick for making this trip possible. I've always wanted to go back to Cebu. The last time i was there was for one of my tita's wedding, and that time, Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Feb 4, 2013
- Philippines. Hmmm...So on to the Philippines after our mad dash in Malaysia. I was so looking forward to this destination but sadly I can't help feeling disappointed. Unfortunately we didn't have the best weather, and I think by this point I Posted by kbenfield in India Calling... | Jan 17, 2013
- Any 8's? ...Go Fish (Day 158)It turns out that Jina is not just a cook, but an all out tour guide of sorts. Her hubby just happens to be a local fisherman and today I went along. Rosalier and I in one boat and his Posted by Stace n Gary in It's all about the journey! | Feb 1, 2013
- A Whale of a Time in Oslob (Day 157)Our first full day in Cebu and we are off to do some whale shark watching in Oslob. After Jina fixes us up a breakfast, we hit the hi-way to hail down a local bus to just the other side Posted by Stace n Gary in It's all about the journey! | Jan 31, 2013
- Cebu Red Eye.. (Day 156)We landed in Cebu airport at 4 AM and met our ride Ludwig who would take us to the bus depot. He was a really nice guy (the son of the lady who we rented the house from) and he Posted by Stace n Gary in It's all about the journey! | Jan 30, 2013
- my soul's travels: 2 Timothy 2:11-13All it took was a moment. In the middle of a birthday dinner, somebody says a funny anecdote while at service, and a lot of thoughts run in my mind. Here's the verse that was the center of the conversation:
11 Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Jan 13, 2013
- a real travel post: the Cebu escapadeThis Cebu trip is going to be my first journey for this year. In my last post, i was still unsure what to do. I wanted to have an early beach escapade, but time is of the essence. I have Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Jan 7, 2013
- 2012January - I started the year partying at O Bar. Yes, with good friends at the time. Even though already tipsy at home, i still had the energy to go to O Bar and drink with friends. After the holidays, Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Dec 31, 2012
- Hongkong DisneylandEvery traveller's first trip out of their country, i think, should be Hongkong. Ok, maybe that depends which country you're from. ^^ If you're from the Philippines, this is a good place for a first visit and that's where hubby Posted by ChocoandCherry in Footprints | Dec 29, 2012
- Do it yourself Singapore trip -Part2We purchased online tickets using a Mastercard Credit card in getting tickets for Universal Studios. At that time, there is a promo, that if you use that creditcard, you are entitled to a $6.00 retail and $6.00 food and beverage Posted by pinaynurse in DIY travels | Dec 26, 2012
- what's going on?So it's 2 days before Christmas. I'm here in my room, which is getting more spacious without the clutter i got rid of. I just realized how much dramatic Carrie Bradshaw's life was because of her own doing. And Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Dec 23, 2012
- That's all, folks!Dean
Wow...the time we never thought would come, has. We are safely back in Oz and are both so happy to be!
Ok so to wrap up the rest of our time in Philippines. We ended up just staying put on Boracay, Posted by DeanandClaire in Claire and Dean do Asia (and Europe?!) | Dec 21, 2012
- A prayer for the shooting incident in CTFather, I pray for comfort for the souls of the men, women and children who were victims of the shooting incident in Newtown, CT. I pray for strength for the families that they left. I pray that You will be Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Dec 14, 2012
- PatawadGaano ba kadali o kahirap humingi ng tawad?
Paano nga ba ang tamang paraan upang humingi ng kapatawaran?
Sa mundong pabago-bago at walang permanente, ang salitang "I'm sorry" ang pinakamahirap yatang sambitin ng bibig.
Madali lang ang pagsasabi n Posted by yebahboi in Make Ordinary Day to Extraordinary | Dec 10, 2012
- My soul’s travels: in the middleMy journey as a Christian has begun. After the one2one and baptism, things are starting to get normal now. I still have my quiet time. I’ll start answering the Purple Book by January. I still attend Sunday service and VG Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Dec 7, 2012
- A real travel post: What to do in Cebu?A friend of mine gave me a very early Christmas gift days ago. During the latter part of this year, I regained my will to travel. I wanted to target the places that I’ve been to first, and then go Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Dec 7, 2012
- Back to the heat and sun, and natural disastersDean
We paid for a late checkout at our hotel in Berlin, and then got some food and hung around using their internet until we had to head to the airport. We made it to the airport OK on a train Posted by DeanandClaire in Claire and Dean do Asia (and Europe?!) | Dec 5, 2012
- The case of the Thanksgiving weekendI tried hard to think of how I would write my Thanksgiving entry, but nothing’s registering in my mind. No witty first paragraph. No flowery words. So here goes.
Nov 22 – I met Bry at Trinoma to give her the Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Dec 3, 2012
- Pre Miss Universe EklabuNalalapit na naman ang Ms. Universe competition.
Magsasarado na naman ang mga parlor.
National holiday ng mga bakla.
Parang laban lang ni Manny Pacquiao.
Passable ang mga daan.
Zero crime rate.
Tahimik ang mga kalsada.
Ang Miss Univer Posted by yebahboi in Make Ordinary Day to Extraordinary | Dec 1, 2012
- Lessons on Empathy
Showing empathy to customers takes more than words, it also takes imagination.
It's not enough to utter a few well meant clichés, hoping this will placate an upset or angry customer. Posted by Jetzy's Crib in Verbiage Playbook | Nov 27, 2012
- Fun in the PhilippinesIt sure was nice to see familiar faces in Vance and Carol Johnson who are missionaries supported by our church as well as others. The day after our arrival we took off for a beach which they knew to Posted by weidmanroxanne in Weidman's Travel the World | Nov 27, 2012
- Trip to Potipot Island
For our Anniversary, we went on a road trip to Uacon Zambales. From there, its a 3 minute boat ride to Potipot Island, also known as "Poor Man's Boracay. It's just a tiny dot in Posted by ChocoandCherry in Footprints | Nov 24, 2012