- Leaving MalapascuaOur last day in Malapascua. As soon as we go, Chris will begin mourning the little crowd around the dive shop, where we spend all our free, non-eating time in sleepy indolence. Usually the French girl Jeanne is there, with Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Aug 17, 2012
- DivingFourth day in Malapascua. Chris is running me ragged with scuba courses again. Nevertheless, it gets better. Out early this morning to see the thresher sharks. This time only caught the silhouette of one before it disappeared into the murk.
[center][im Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Aug 15, 2012
- Last Day in MoalboalOur last day in Moalboal. It's gotten quiet here, though we're in the quiet part of the "beach," so maybe it's no different than usual. Apparently last night someone was stabbed outside our bathroom window. We followed the trail of Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Aug 12, 2012
- Flooding in ManilaIt's been raining every day since we got back to Manila. It hardly ever stops, and sometimes it's so heavy it seems as if I'm standing next to a tropical waterfall. No wonder then that the city is flooding--they say Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Aug 7, 2012
- Back in ManilaSoon Earl will pick us up tot take us to the market. Because it's been raining, the air feels much cooler. None of us even think how the clouds make the world seem dismal--we're too busy feeling grateful for the Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Aug 4, 2012
- poem vomit: (another untitled one)shower me with humility
open my eyes so i can see
that all i have are from You
to You, oh Lord, i surrender
my life You saved from the fire
and all i am is for You
from Your Word i will feed
my faith, Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Oct 23, 2012
- poem vomit: (untitled)i don't deserve You
because i hurt You
with the self-inflicted pain
because of sins, i gained
i don't deserve You
Your grace, Your love, too
i pretended to be blind
Your presence i didn't mind
i don't deserve You
or Your Word that rings true
Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Oct 22, 2012
- Philippines Trip Planning[center]
He's a studious one...
...when it comes to having fun![/center] Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 11, 2012
- Thunder and BasketballThe leaves are still. The air is still and heavy.
[center]* * * * *[/center]
Chris is playing basketball now. He could hardly contain his excitement, carrying his new shoes home. He brought us back a way that passed by the court Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 10, 2012
- Chris's Grandmother's HouseThe smell of lacquered wood reminds me of my grandparents' house in Taipei. I sit sweating quietly in the dark room, given over to the heat. From outside comes the sound of rhythmic sweeping, again reminding me of Taiwan. Is Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 9, 2012
- My soul’s travels: Luke 1:1-3I have finished the Bible reading plan, Living the Surrendered Life. Before I move on to another, I resolved to check out the suggested verses from the results of my Spiritual Gifts test. Since the top three was more consistent, Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Oct 19, 2012
- My soul’s travels: Matthew 16:24-26“24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Oct 18, 2012
- playlist update: unending love - hillsongThere's no silver or gold
And no treasure untold
That could draw me away from Your heart
Neither love of myself
Or of anyone else will do
Jesus nothing compares
To this grace that rescues me
Savior now and forever
Your face is all I seek
Now Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Oct 18, 2012
- poem vomit: giving it alli ran away from a dark past
blessed to break free at last
from living behind the shadows
of sins and lies of the foe
surround me with Your holy light
and lift me up to greater heights
oh Lord, to You, i surrender
my life, my Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Oct 18, 2012
- My soul’s travels: Romans 4:20-22“20 Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, 21 being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. 22 This Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Oct 17, 2012
- The trio adventures: moving forwardI went to the office early today to finish a report that was due. It just so happened that Bratty and Madam were at work so we all went to eat together (I’m only allowed to eat during non-work hours. Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Oct 17, 2012
- My soul’s travels: Genesis 33:1-4“1Jacob looked up and there was Esau, coming with his four hundred men; so he divided the children among Leah, Rachel and the two female servants. 2 He put the female servants and their children in front, Leah and her Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Oct 16, 2012
- Let's curse the what if's and maybe's
Sometimes it just takes a moment, a decision, a gesture to change a life time. Destiny or whatever you want to call it. If the man pictured above misplaced his hand on those flaming fier Posted by goldenomad in Hello world...this is me | Oct 15, 2012
- My soul’s travels: Philippians 4:13I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.
I recently failed something I was sure I could pass with flying colors. I never failed anything similar to this. At the moment I received the news about this failure, Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Oct 15, 2012
- My soul’s travels: Joshua 6:2-5 "Then the Lord said to Joshua, "See, I have delivered Jericho into your hands, along with its king and its fighting men. March around the city once with all the armed men. Do this for six days. Have seven priests Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Oct 15, 2012
- My soul’s travels: Romans 12:2"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will."
(It has been my struggle Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Oct 15, 2012
- The VG adventures: the camera manI barely had sleep on Saturday night. Slept around 11ish and woke up at 5am the next day. That was bad because we were going to be at church almost the whole day. Anyway, I met Rye around 9am and Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Oct 15, 2012
- The mahjongera sessions: the last timeThis will be the last time in a long while that the mahjongeras will be complete. One is busy with work, one just formed a new relationship, well, two of us are starting to go back to church. Although I Posted by jc_pagdanganan in Chronicles of a Christian Traveller | Oct 15, 2012
- mula noon hanggang ngayon...aaminin ko, hindi naging madali ang lahat sa buhay ko.... may mga pagkakataon na gusto ko sumugal ulit sa tadhana... pero sa tuwing nanaisin ko yun, lagi na lang ako nawawalan ng lakas ng loob sa hindi mawari kung bakit. Posted by yeteksjourney in mula noon hanggang ngayon... | Oct 14, 2012
- Isang Boring na SabadoMag aalas tres na ng hapon.
Kakagising ko lang.
Ayaw ko pa sanang bumangon, pero pinilit ako ng aking umiiyak na sikmura.
Nalipasan na pala ako ng pananghalian.
Kahit maaga akong nagising kaninang umaga, dinalaw pa rin ako ng antok.
Marahil Posted by yebahboi in Make Ordinary Day to Extraordinary | Oct 12, 2012