- Pitcairn Island Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday April 17-19th – At Sea & Pitcairn Island
One of the aspects of this cruise that we were a little apprehensive about was the number of sea days in the itinerary. Sea days are those days Posted by DavidandHazel in From Tahiti to Peru | Apr 21, 2016
- Feb. 8 - PITCAIRN ISLAND, UK
This is Pitcairn Island (of “Mutiny on the Bounty” fame), all 2 square miles Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Feb 10, 2015
- South Pacific ExplorerOur Route:
Tahiti - Bora Bora - Ahe - Manihi - Marquesas - Pukapuka - Gambier Islands -
Pitcairn Islands (Mutineers of the Bounty) - Henderson - Ducie -
[img=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/com Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Aug 9, 2010
- EASTER ISLAND ....JAN 31-FEB 16, 2006From Lima, Peru we sailed to Pisco, Easter Island, Pitcairn Island, Bora Bora, Raiatea and Papeete Tahiti....Flew home from there. A marvellous trip on a luxurious Cruise ship.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/260500/large_Eastern_Islan Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Jan 31, 2006
- Pitcairn Island Adventure 9The old lady, “Bounty Bay”, is in dyer need of retirement or at least having a complete overhaul by a skilled ship plastic surgeon.
On our way back to Pitcairn, having paid a visit to Henderson Island, she showed us some Posted by erodrigo in Garfield around the world | Apr 9, 2009
- Pitcairn Island Adventure 8Tomorrow morning we set sail again on the “luxury yacht” Bounty Bay; we are of to our third Pitcairn Island, Henderson Island.
I am on the one hand sad to leave and on the other happ Posted by erodrigo in Garfield around the world | Mar 22, 2009
- Pitcairn to Henderson adventureJust a quick update on my travels to the most remote country in the world: it looks like we might visit Henderson Island after all. Jack the mechanic has been working on the boat for the last 5 or 6 Posted by Utrecht in Utrecht Travels | Mar 22, 2009
- Pitcairn Island Adventure 7The last two days I have been walking around the island and had another party.
I’ve walked Pitcairn’s first Eco trail, this is a wonderful easy walk leading up to Christians cave.
Posted by erodrigo in Garfield around the world | Mar 22, 2009
- Typical Pitcairn: Whisky from a whales' toothI have been on Pitcairn for almost a week now and as it looks right now we leave somewhere late tomorrow or maybe the day after. There is no rush anyhow because we will go straight back to the French Posted by Utrecht in Utrecht Travels | Mar 22, 2009
- Temporarily living the Pitcairn lifeI might not be an official inhabitant of Pitcairn, officially I might even not be a temporary inhabitant, but as a visitor staying at a homestay on Pitcairn surely feels close to it. At least much much closer than you Posted by Utrecht in Utrecht Travels | Mar 20, 2009
- Pitcairn Island Adventure 6After the party last night I had to wake somewhat early because the Post Office was open. It is open three mornings a week and beside the normal stamps you buy for sending your cards, they have a beautiful collection Posted by erodrigo in Garfield around the world | Mar 19, 2009
- Pitcairn Party and everyday lifeTo start with: all the Pitcairners I have met are just fantastic. Just come out here and see for yourself, life is good here and I hope this fantastic community will be here in the very far future as well. Posted by Utrecht in Utrecht Travels | Mar 19, 2009
- Pitcairn Island, I have made it....finally!Well, after a long trip on the Bounty Bay (aka Bouncy Bay), I finally managed to go on land early in the morning of Tuesday the 17th of March. Solid ground just feels so good after a rough trip at Posted by Utrecht in Utrecht Travels | Mar 19, 2009
- Pitcairn Island Adventure 5
After we landed on Ships landing in Bounty bay we where welcomed by the immigration officer and our hosts. Since there are no hotels on Pitcairn you stay at the local residents. This Posted by erodrigo in Garfield around the world | Mar 19, 2009
- Pitcairn Island Adventure 4At 3.30 in the morning just when we where about to hoist anchor and steam to Pitcairn an oil line sprung and the whole aft deck was splattered with oil. Our trusted Jack had to work for 5 hours to Posted by erodrigo in Garfield around the world | Mar 17, 2009
- Pitcairn Island Adventure 3Today we loaded the Dinghy with our stuff in waterproof bags and headed for Oeno to spend the night on a deserted island.
There is only one small opening in the outer reef and it is an about 1 meter deep Posted by erodrigo in Garfield around the world | Mar 17, 2009
- Pitcairn Island Adventure 2After 60 hours at sea we finally reached our first Pitcairn Island: Oeno.
It is a miracle we arrived at all, but more about that later on.
Rock ‘n Roll is not a dance it is a nautical t Posted by erodrigo in Garfield around the world | Mar 17, 2009
- Pitcairn Island Adventure 1Today we arrived at Mangareva airport, Gambier Islands (French Polynesia), in an Air Tahiti ATR72. Within minutes after arriving 7 passengers out of 8 for the Pacific Expeditions travel to the 4 Pitcairn Islands had found each other. I guess Posted by erodrigo in Garfield around the world | Mar 17, 2009
- Rules and life on board of a 15 meter long vesselOk, what is the ship like?
It is small for sure, but now that we are only with 6 people we do have enough room for us and our luggage. A great thanks to the 4 guys who weren't ready Posted by Utrecht in Utrecht Travels | Mar 17, 2009
- Island FeverYes, it does exist, island fever. Well, at least in one's mind. Right now I am in between two trips to several of the world's most beautiful islands.
I spend the whole month of November in the Caribbean and although Posted by Utrecht in Utrecht Travels | Dec 30, 2008