- Day 7 (24 Jan)If you want to have an idea how it feels to be on the road during probably the most challenging bit of the trip ... check that youtube link!
I must have had an unusual good moment when I decided not Posted by moustache17 in Northern Trip | Jan 24, 2017
- Extra specially for my friend DaniloDanilo is known as a gourmet guy, both cooking and eating.
Mostly eating actually.
In one of his comments to this blog, he mentioned some dishes.
There is a typical South Polish (mountain area around Zakopane) at the entrance in Sopot where I Posted by moustache17 in Northern Trip | Jan 23, 2017
- Day 6 (23 Jan)Today had a casual walk around Gdansk.
It is lovely city. Of course when I was in Poland and living in Gdynia I could not sympathise with it so easily. It is like Rotterdam/Amsterdam. Barcelona/Madrid. Now, being more neutral it is Posted by moustache17 in Northern Trip | Jan 23, 2017
- Day 5 (22 Jan)
Not really much happening today.
Had to revisit some of the old watering holes of Sopot.
Spatif was as good fun as ever, met some interesting people.
At the end, Polish wodka did win once Posted by moustache17 in Northern Trip | Jan 22, 2017
- Day 4 (21 Jan)Good feeling to come back in town.
Spent (yes, now only -t) nearly 4 years in this place and still like it!
It has changed (don't we all in 12y?).
It still has most of the familiar places. And some new. I guess Posted by moustache17 in Northern Trip | Jan 21, 2017
- IntermezzoWhen you spend (comment: small reflection only: is it spend or spent? Looked it up for this occasion. Probably will forget again, as many other things...) that much time on the road there is to time to think, reflect and Posted by moustache17 in Northern Trip | Jan 21, 2017
- Day 3 (20 Jan)Got up early today as another road day ahead.
Some 600 Km to cover.
Half German Autobahn - yes, fast and furious.
And half through villages on a secondary road in Poland.
This is most of what I saw for half of the 7 Posted by moustache17 in Northern Trip | Jan 21, 2017
- KrakówIt was still raining when we arrived in Kraków. Our Airbnb was a cozy place on Dietla, a wide boulevard that coursed directly between the two old neighborhoods of Stare Miasto and Kazimierz. After dropping our bags, we hurriedly consulted Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Dec 23, 2016
- PolandThe bus trip from Vilnius to Warsaw on Lux Express was of the same high standard we have come to know in Europe. Each seat came with an entertainment screen, the bus had fast wifi, there was a coffee machine Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Dec 5, 2016
- FACETChłopak, który uchronił moją Olę spod kół pociągu, zaopiekował się nią do momentu, kiedy zjawiłem się ja. Karol bowiem tak jemu jest na imię, przekręcił na pogotowie oraz na policję. Sprawcy całego zdarzenia rzecz jasna zniknęli, jednak na peronach są Posted by piratm12 in Polska ziemia | Nov 17, 2016
- One year in Poland. The dice keeps rolling.[center][/center]
Tomorrow marks the day I arrived in Warsaw, exactly one year ago. I've been picturing this day in my head for the past weeks. I imagined I'd take some time for myself tonight, Posted by ZackMeursault in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Nov 14, 2016
- PolandPoland was a bit of a blank canvas for us before this trip, in the sense that, if we’re honest, we didn’t really know what to expect. As it happens, Poland has been one of the best places we have Posted by jamesandruth in Trip to Europe 2016 | Nov 11, 2016
- Ghost Train to KrakowAs we ride the rails from Warsaw to Krakow we think of the cavalcade of tortured souls whose spirits must still haunt these tracks. For this is the railway of death used by the Nazis to feed the insatiable incinerators Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Oct 18, 2016
- Wasted in WarsawThe No1 Tripadvisor pick for Warsaw is the Lazienki Royal Park, so we happily handed over a few bucks and wandered in. Big mistake, (or was it), because we had inadvertently stumbled into one of Europe;s biggest beer festivals...
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Oct 16, 2016
- Warsaw - Ancient & ModernFor the past couple of weeks we've visited cities that have Medieval hearts, and the old city centre of Warsaw looks no different. There are magnificent buildings surrounding the market square...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/171352/large_AAB256 Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Oct 14, 2016
- Tatra Mountains, Poland - sense of wonder still intactI'm going to start this post about my 3 day hiking trip to the Tatra Mountains with a conclusion: I feel like it was the most epic thing I have done since my trip to the States in 2012. I Posted by ZackMeursault in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Oct 9, 2016
- 5 October[center][/center]
Some years ago I discovered Bonnie Prince Billy. At that time it didn't touch me, somehow.
In the past days, the name of one of his albuns has been echoing in my head in unceasingly. So Posted by ZackMeursault in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Oct 5, 2016
- Day 55. PortoToday we visited the railway station which has wall to wall hand painted tile murals-lovely. Then on to sample and tour the port cellars. Didn't like the white port but really liked the reserve port they didn't give us any Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 21, 2016
- Hello, World!Hello, World! Welcome to the blog.
I'm from Warsaw, Poland, and from time to time I'll write here about my trips. Lately, I don't travel a lot, so here I will probably write about my past trips.
Where have I been? Posted by travellersnotes in The Traveller's Notes | Sep 16, 2016
- Lublin and Majdanek Concentration CampToday was my final day here in Poland before heading to Scotland for a week of relaxation (and drunken debauchery with good friends!). My plans for today revolved around taking the train to the city of Lublin, in the Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Sep 11, 2016
- WarsawI caught the train to Warsaw early this morning, leaving Krakow at 08:20. The train was different than the one I had taken to Krakow and, despite following the same direct route, it took slightly longer to reach Warsaw. Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Sep 10, 2016
- Delving into a Salt Mine, and Schindler's FactoryThis was my last day here in Krakow and I had another full day of touring planned.
I booked a half-day tour to the Wieliczka Salt Mine, which is about 30 minutes outside of Krakow. The driver picked me up Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Sep 9, 2016
- Auschwitz VisitToday was the first of several days that focuses on the Holocaust, a history that is sadly unavoidable when visiting Poland.
I was picked up from my hotel around 07:30 and we started the hour-long drive out to Auschwitz. Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Sep 8, 2016
- Krakow ExplorationToday I had to leave my hotel around 05:15 so I could make the 45 minute walk to the train station. I left before the buffet breakfast started, but the hotel staff packed me a nice bagged breakfast to Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Sep 7, 2016
- Gdansk, Venturing into PolandToday was the first of several early mornings that I'll have over the next week. I was up and out of the hotel by 05:30 so I could reach the bus station in time to catch my ride to Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Sep 6, 2016