- Last Day in GdasnkToday we tried to slow the pace down a bit, as we are facing another big travel day tomorrow flying first to Warsaw and then to Vilinus, Lithuania.
However, we did go to the European Solidarity Center. We spent more Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 10, 2016
- SopotI feel I would be amiss if I didn't comment on the news we hear coming from the US, as our hearts are saddened by all of the senseless shootings that have occurred over the last several days. Before Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 9, 2016
- Gdansk Today the main event was a walking tour of Old Town Gdansk.
Once again, we saw the rebuilding efforts of the Polish people after WWII. However, it was the Allied Forces that destroyed 90% of Gdansk, but that was Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 8, 2016
- Gdansk Today we had to get the train to Gdansk, via Warsaw Central Station. Thankfully, I have not had any symptoms of food poisoning. Thanks to everyone that prayed for me! I really appreciate it. We had a Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 7, 2016
- WarsawWell, say a prayer that I don't have food poisoning on the train tomorrow. Just ordered some grilled chicken from the pub below our apartment. Then, I realized the center was completely raw..after eating half of it!! I Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 6, 2016
- WarsawWe are still doing great in Warsaw. I skipped the morning run in hopes that my legs will get some relief....I screwed up my leg. Grrrrrrr. Grant is really doing a great job to prepare himself for Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 5, 2016
- WarsawToday was another good day in Warsaw. A little far removed from a traditional 4th of July...I always hate to be out of the US on the 4th.
So, today after a run (although it turned into a walk for Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 4, 2016
- Arriving in WarsawSo, I was thinking that we might find Warsaw to be ugly and dirty. It honesty has a terrible reputation, but the more I read online, the more I just wanted to see for myself...but even comments we heard Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 3, 2016
- Last Day in Kraków What a day. I know there will likely come a time in my life when I can't physically do what I did today. It was hot (still 90 at 6:47p.m.) and we covered about 16 miles total today. Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 2, 2016
- Krakow Day ThreeToday we took a bus outside of Kraków to Wieliczka. We were really confused because we were looking for a bus station, but there was only a bus STOP, so we missed it. Then, we had to have Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 1, 2016
- Krakow Day TwoWell, we are really liking Kraków. As you know, not every city/country we have visited is great....and some we just spend too much time in. I am not getting that feeling about Kraków.... I fell like we Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jun 30, 2016
- Kraków, Poland We made it to Poland! Besides issues with TSA twice (Do we look like we are smuggling narcotics? Do you really have to wipe everything down for traces of drugs and take everything out? ) the trip Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jun 29, 2016
- Hedghog Hunting!We're still playing catch up here so I'm going to be packing a bit into this one. So hold onto your hats, fasten your seatbelts, and get ready for this rollercoaster adventure!
From the Czech Republic we made our way back Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | Jun 21, 2016
- Last Day in Kraków We began the day by getting another bagel ring in the market square. I also took some time to get some pictures of the square, which is my favorite spot in Krakow. It is huge, about 200mx200m so Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | Jun 11, 2016
- Happy Birthday to Me!Today is my birthday, and I am excited to spend it in Krakow!
Our first activity of the day was a free walking tour of Kazimierz, the old Jewish area of Krakow. The tour was to meet in Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | Jun 7, 2016
- Auschwitz and Salt Mine[Note: I have already arrived back home, so the remainder of the blog entries are being written after the fact. However, I will be writing them as if they were written on the day the events occurred.]
We woke Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | Jun 6, 2016
- Today's weather matched the moodToday was overcast & a bit drizzly but suited what we faced a day tour of Auschwitz Birkenau & the Salt Mine.
Words cannot explain how it felt to visit so take a moment to look at the pictures (quickly Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Jun 2, 2016
- They Make Some Good Vodka In PolandWe got up this morning and had breakfast at the hotel. We then took a taxi to the bus station to catch our bus to Kraków. It took a little over two hours to get into Kraków, and Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | Jun 1, 2016
- A Funnicular Kinda DayToday we escaped the city & headed for the mountains. Thankfully the weather held off today & the only real rain fell when we were on the bus heading back to the city.
As we made our way to the Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Jun 1, 2016
- Tatras Mountains and Polish FoodOur morning pastry routine was different today, because this hotel includes breakfast. And what a breakfast! Four tables full of food. Below I have pictures of the tables for cereal and juice; meat, cheese and salad; and Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | May 31, 2016
- When the thunder rolls & the lightening strikes........right in front of you all you can do is laugh at how everyone ducks.
Another big day on foot about 20km or so in the humidy lucky we were pretty much back at our hotel when the storm hit. There's Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | May 31, 2016
- Hitting A Wall in ZakopaneOur overnight train arrived in Kraków at about 8am, where we changed trains and went another almost four hours to Zakopane. After about a twenty-minute walk we arrived at our hotel, the Litwor. We were not able to Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | May 30, 2016
- Midnight Train To PolandWell, it wasn't quite midnight when we left Vienna, but it was close. We had a two-person sleeping car, which was tiny and not terribly comfortable, but at least we didn't have to share it with anyone else. Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | May 29, 2016
- 6 months in Poland - disruption. disruption. disruption.[center][/center]
Yesterday marked the passage of my first 6 months here in Poland. Ever since I arrived, I started having one recurring thought while riding the bus. Very often, I would look to Posted by ZackMeursault in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | May 16, 2016
- Day 35: Extra day in KrakowEarly that morning a good chunk of our group had already been taken to the airport, and most of those still hanging around left right after breakfast. There were a couple of us that had later flights so we got Posted by cedevault in Out of the Suitcase | May 6, 2016