- Poland 2013 Part OneHere is my latest slightly delayed post for a two week trip to Poland I did last October/November.
Day 0: (Travel):
So I left my home town of Nottingham on a National Express Coach to Stansted. I left knowing that my suitcase Posted by KayleighTwyman in Bitten By The Travel Bug | Jun 29, 2014
- Poland 2013 Part TwoDay 7: Friday 1st November:
So this morning I had a little later start and left around 10:30am and walked down to the Lazienki Park, it was ridiculously cold on this day and so didn't spend too long here but it Posted by KayleighTwyman in Bitten By The Travel Bug | Jun 29, 2014
- Good-bye KrakowOur final day in Krakow started with a misty and cloudy morning. We had a couple of items on our itenerary still and were bound determined to see what we had planned. Leaving our Iraqi bunkmate who had joined us Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jun 29, 2014
- Auschwitz and BirkenauThere is an erie silence as you enter the gates of a place that although the sunshine is there, is cold and dark all the same. We have driven an hour and a half to get to this sacreds ground Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jun 28, 2014
- A capital city of the pastSpending the remainder of our day exploring Krakow was the plan for Tuesday and we hit the city shortly after checking in at Atlantis. We began our journey by walking to the Old Town and Main Market Square, areas filled Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jun 26, 2014
- Ready for KrakowWe rose early this morning, which is easy to do as the sun sets at about 9:30 p.m. and rises at 4:00 a.m. It was a brisk morning and we were excited to get our day going. We had a Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jun 24, 2014
- Do WidzeniaThe first full day in Poland has been incredible so far. The day started with a 5 am jet lag induced wake up at our hostel? Why 5 am? Probably because we laid down to read and write last night Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jun 24, 2014
- The Auschwitz Halfway House
A compare and contrast film that compares the Nazi death camps with the modern halfway houses and mental hospitals in the United States. Mr. Sanchez was illegally framed up by his own attorne Posted by Carl Sanchez in Paul Reveere Blog | Nov 1, 2013
- Mines of MoriaWe set out on Monday for the Wieliczka salt mines just half an hour away from our Krakow hotel. Managed to catch the 11am English tour, were given radio receivers and earpieces. At first it was 94 vertical metres down Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jun 22, 2014
- Warsaw/Warschau/Warszawa W is pronounced as a v in both German and Polish
Late morning set out for Warsaw. Long drive there, by the time we got there it was maybe 4? That included a few random petrol, food and wc stops. Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jun 15, 2014
- Auschwitz and the Wieliczka Salt Mine[center]The following are pictures from our visit to the concentration camp Auschwitz. For the most part, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jun 17, 2013
- The Tour BeginsAnd now for a completely different kind of travel: private tour with family.
Statue of Chopin in Łazienki Park. Before this trip, I didn't even know he was from Poland!
[img= Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jun 15, 2013
- Warsaw Uprising[center]
Doner/kebab - sooooo delicious
It's been a while since we've been to a museum. Exhibits sure are different the Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jun 14, 2013
Though we've arrived in nature-tamed Europe, from long habit we're still in search of wildlife. This one looks like a certain wild feline who lives in our house back in the States. Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jun 13, 2013
- TiredI'm tired.
Tired of not having a home,
of people asking if I'm on holiday,
or what my next destination is.
I'm tired of having an answer to that question.
I'm tired of having no place to cook,
and no one to cook for.
Any chance I Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | May 18, 2014
- TRIP ADVISOR and Flipkey -FRAUDI booked apartment in central London via Tripadvisor paying also for their "peace of mind policy" insurance (88 $). I gave visa card number and instead of blocking money on my account they collected it immediately.
I tried to contact the Posted by Jo111 in Rentals, hotels, etc... | May 12, 2014
- WyborowaMoving on! Took a 6 hour bus across Slovakia, haha well I could say I’ve been to Slovakia, but only took a bus and did a cross country trip from the South to the North. Pretty amazing scenery, wish I Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | May 5, 2014
- Dolina Chochołowska - Tatry
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/456644/la Posted by nikaa8987 in :) | Apr 5, 2014
- Przemyśl, Poland
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/456644 Posted by nikaa8987 in :) | Mar 28, 2014
- Nieklan, Poland
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/456644/la Posted by nikaa8987 in :) | Mar 9, 2014
- Morskie Oko
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/456 Posted by nikaa8987 in :) | Mar 9, 2014
- What Better Time Than NowWhat's a better time to start a oriental journey blog than while sitting in the train to... Warsaw. It's still one month till the first whistle of the biggest oriental adventure in the history of my life, but hey, before Posted by shvagier in Big In Japan 14 | Feb 22, 2014
- Poland and GermanyToday we took a 5-hour drive north to spend time at Wolf’s Lair, one of Hitler’s largest bunkers in Poland. This was the place where Hitler spent quite some time, and was also very well known for the place where Posted by Justo81 in Europe - Mel and Justin (2014) | Feb 4, 2014
- Poland - Wroclaw, Poznan and WarsawIt is sooooo cold!! We were told that 20 people have died in the last week due to the weather here in Poland…
We drove for one and a half hours from Krakow to visit the Posted by Justo81 in Europe - Mel and Justin (2014) | Jan 29, 2014
- Poland Several years ago I’m not sure that Poland would have ended up on our ‘places to visit’ list. We didn’t know much about the country, and wouldn’t have flown to the other side of the world to get there. Over Posted by Justo81 in Europe - Mel and Justin (2014) | Jan 25, 2014