- Ghost Train to KrakowAs we ride the rails from Warsaw to Krakow we think of the cavalcade of tortured souls whose spirits must still haunt these tracks. For this is the railway of death used by the Nazis to feed the insatiable incinerators Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Oct 18, 2016
- Wasted in WarsawThe No1 Tripadvisor pick for Warsaw is the Lazienki Royal Park, so we happily handed over a few bucks and wandered in. Big mistake, (or was it), because we had inadvertently stumbled into one of Europe;s biggest beer festivals...
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Oct 16, 2016
- Warsaw - Ancient & ModernFor the past couple of weeks we've visited cities that have Medieval hearts, and the old city centre of Warsaw looks no different. There are magnificent buildings surrounding the market square...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/171352/large_AAB256 Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Oct 14, 2016
- Tatra Mountains, Poland - sense of wonder still intactI'm going to start this post about my 3 day hiking trip to the Tatra Mountains with a conclusion: I feel like it was the most epic thing I have done since my trip to the States in 2012. I Posted by ZackMeursault in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Oct 9, 2016
- 5 October[center][/center]
Some years ago I discovered Bonnie Prince Billy. At that time it didn't touch me, somehow.
In the past days, the name of one of his albuns has been echoing in my head in unceasingly. So Posted by ZackMeursault in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Oct 5, 2016
- Day 55. PortoToday we visited the railway station which has wall to wall hand painted tile murals-lovely. Then on to sample and tour the port cellars. Didn't like the white port but really liked the reserve port they didn't give us any Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 21, 2016
- Hello, World!Hello, World! Welcome to the blog.
I'm from Warsaw, Poland, and from time to time I'll write here about my trips. Lately, I don't travel a lot, so here I will probably write about my past trips.
Where have I been? Posted by travellersnotes in The Traveller's Notes | Sep 16, 2016
- Lublin and Majdanek Concentration CampToday was my final day here in Poland before heading to Scotland for a week of relaxation (and drunken debauchery with good friends!). My plans for today revolved around taking the train to the city of Lublin, in the Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Sep 11, 2016
- WarsawI caught the train to Warsaw early this morning, leaving Krakow at 08:20. The train was different than the one I had taken to Krakow and, despite following the same direct route, it took slightly longer to reach Warsaw. Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Sep 10, 2016
- Delving into a Salt Mine, and Schindler's FactoryThis was my last day here in Krakow and I had another full day of touring planned.
I booked a half-day tour to the Wieliczka Salt Mine, which is about 30 minutes outside of Krakow. The driver picked me up Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Sep 9, 2016
- Auschwitz VisitToday was the first of several days that focuses on the Holocaust, a history that is sadly unavoidable when visiting Poland.
I was picked up from my hotel around 07:30 and we started the hour-long drive out to Auschwitz. Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Sep 8, 2016
- Krakow ExplorationToday I had to leave my hotel around 05:15 so I could make the 45 minute walk to the train station. I left before the buffet breakfast started, but the hotel staff packed me a nice bagged breakfast to Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Sep 7, 2016
- Gdansk, Venturing into PolandToday was the first of several early mornings that I'll have over the next week. I was up and out of the hotel by 05:30 so I could reach the bus station in time to catch my ride to Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Sep 6, 2016
- Day 28 Karkow to ZakopaneWe did white water rafting today!!!!! Okay it was only level 1 but still. We travelled by Woden rafts through the Dunajec Gorge in Pieniny National Park. It was 2hrs of relaxing and sight seeing. We travelled up a cable Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Aug 26, 2016
- Day 27 KracowYou may have noticed my various spellings of Kracow as I have seen Kracaw, Kraków Kracoc and Cracow all on officiL STUFF AROUND TOWN. IT SEEMS THAT OVER TIME THE SPELLING HAS EVOLVED. Today we had 2 top experiences. Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Aug 24, 2016
- Day 26 KrakowAfter Auschwitz it was a bit hard to get going today. 😢We did a walk around Kraków old city. It has a Hugh central square.. We then visited a the Wawel Royal Castle and Cathedral. It was so busy at Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Aug 23, 2016
- Day 25 Wroclaw to KracowWe had a very heavy day today. On our way to Kracaw we visited Auschwitz and Birkenhau prisoner camps. The guide was excellent and presented a very clear concise description of what happened in these two camps. it was hard Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Aug 22, 2016
- Day 24 Polanica Zdroj to Wroclaw There is a QUERKY thing in Wroclaw where each business had a bronze dwarf to match their business
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720925/D49663F1E0D0DC3C057A Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Aug 21, 2016
- Day 23 Polanica ZdrojToday we we to Kletno Village to visit the caves In Sudetes Mountains. It was 6 degrees in the caves. They have only been recently discovered and were interesting but not a patch on Jenolan Caves. Then we visited Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Aug 21, 2016
- Day 22 Prague to Polanicia ZdojWe visited the Stotowe mountains and the Errant Rocks. This is a sandstone rocks labarynth which stated to develop in the Jurrassic period. The rocks are interesting and without the guide you could very easily get lost. It was fun Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Aug 21, 2016
- Clash of civilizations. A few thoughts.Those of you of live or have been in Warsaw know how busy is the main train station (Dw. Centralny), right in the center of the city. Thousands and thousands of people walking in and from the trains, in and Posted by ZackMeursault in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Jul 26, 2016
- Last Day in GdasnkToday we tried to slow the pace down a bit, as we are facing another big travel day tomorrow flying first to Warsaw and then to Vilinus, Lithuania.
However, we did go to the European Solidarity Center. We spent more Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 10, 2016
- SopotI feel I would be amiss if I didn't comment on the news we hear coming from the US, as our hearts are saddened by all of the senseless shootings that have occurred over the last several days. Before Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 9, 2016
- Gdansk Today the main event was a walking tour of Old Town Gdansk.
Once again, we saw the rebuilding efforts of the Polish people after WWII. However, it was the Allied Forces that destroyed 90% of Gdansk, but that was Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 8, 2016
- Gdansk Today we had to get the train to Gdansk, via Warsaw Central Station. Thankfully, I have not had any symptoms of food poisoning. Thanks to everyone that prayed for me! I really appreciate it. We had a Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 7, 2016