- Hedghog Hunting!We're still playing catch up here so I'm going to be packing a bit into this one. So hold onto your hats, fasten your seatbelts, and get ready for this rollercoaster adventure!
From the Czech Republic we made our way back Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | Jun 21, 2016
- Last Day in Kraków We began the day by getting another bagel ring in the market square. I also took some time to get some pictures of the square, which is my favorite spot in Krakow. It is huge, about 200mx200m so Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | Jun 11, 2016
- Happy Birthday to Me!Today is my birthday, and I am excited to spend it in Krakow!
Our first activity of the day was a free walking tour of Kazimierz, the old Jewish area of Krakow. The tour was to meet in Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | Jun 7, 2016
- Auschwitz and Salt Mine[Note: I have already arrived back home, so the remainder of the blog entries are being written after the fact. However, I will be writing them as if they were written on the day the events occurred.]
We woke Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | Jun 6, 2016
- Today's weather matched the moodToday was overcast & a bit drizzly but suited what we faced a day tour of Auschwitz Birkenau & the Salt Mine.
Words cannot explain how it felt to visit so take a moment to look at the pictures (quickly Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Jun 2, 2016
- They Make Some Good Vodka In PolandWe got up this morning and had breakfast at the hotel. We then took a taxi to the bus station to catch our bus to Kraków. It took a little over two hours to get into Kraków, and Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | Jun 1, 2016
- A Funnicular Kinda DayToday we escaped the city & headed for the mountains. Thankfully the weather held off today & the only real rain fell when we were on the bus heading back to the city.
As we made our way to the Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Jun 1, 2016
- Tatras Mountains and Polish FoodOur morning pastry routine was different today, because this hotel includes breakfast. And what a breakfast! Four tables full of food. Below I have pictures of the tables for cereal and juice; meat, cheese and salad; and Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | May 31, 2016
- When the thunder rolls & the lightening strikes........right in front of you all you can do is laugh at how everyone ducks.
Another big day on foot about 20km or so in the humidy lucky we were pretty much back at our hotel when the storm hit. There's Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | May 31, 2016
- Hitting A Wall in ZakopaneOur overnight train arrived in Kraków at about 8am, where we changed trains and went another almost four hours to Zakopane. After about a twenty-minute walk we arrived at our hotel, the Litwor. We were not able to Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | May 30, 2016
- Midnight Train To PolandWell, it wasn't quite midnight when we left Vienna, but it was close. We had a two-person sleeping car, which was tiny and not terribly comfortable, but at least we didn't have to share it with anyone else. Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | May 29, 2016
- 6 months in Poland - disruption. disruption. disruption.[center][/center]
Yesterday marked the passage of my first 6 months here in Poland. Ever since I arrived, I started having one recurring thought while riding the bus. Very often, I would look to Posted by ZackMeursault in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | May 16, 2016
- Day 35: Extra day in KrakowEarly that morning a good chunk of our group had already been taken to the airport, and most of those still hanging around left right after breakfast. There were a couple of us that had later flights so we got Posted by cedevault in Out of the Suitcase | May 6, 2016
- Day 34: Exploring KrakowWe started the day off with breakfast at the hotel we were staying at. Like the morning before, the breakfast was amazing. Ventus Rosa- you know what you are doing in the food department. There was an array of pastries, Posted by cedevault in Out of the Suitcase | Apr 30, 2016
- Here and now.The morning outside couldn't be more grim. As I lean my head against the window, drops of rain hit it gently but persistently. One mere centimeter of glass separates me from them and gives me that comforting notion of safety Posted by ZackMeursault in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Apr 9, 2016
-  Pass us the Pierogis - PolandMarch 18 - March 20
First group trip with the big D (that's Deloitte y'all) and of course they are all American expats. It’s Michele’s last day of work in the UK before she starts heading home to the US so Posted by Modi Memoirs in Euro-Scapes | Mar 24, 2016
- Overnight in GermanyLate last night after stopping at Strasburg the train crossed over the border with Germany. After some sleep I awoke just before we stopped in Berlin at 07.15. 2 hours later the train entered Poland, and I am Posted by stephen_dann in World Tour 2016 | Mar 3, 2016
- Day 33: Auschwitz- BirkenauSo today was the day that I was interested in the most. I've always been drawn to learning about WWII and the reign that Nazi's had on Germany and Europe as a whole. My english teacher from the 8th grade, Posted by cedevault in Out of the Suitcase | Feb 1, 2016
- Day 32: On the road again! Heading to PolandI don't anyone was happy to be leaving Vienna. It was such a magical city! When I get back to Europe I will definitely be visiting again. But we had an interesting itinerary waiting for us so we couldn't be Posted by cedevault in Out of the Suitcase | Jan 7, 2016
- Building ships and other things[center][/center]
In late September 2015 I deliberately sank a ship called "My Life". That ship had been adrift for some months and it seemed too lost in the vastness of the "Wha Posted by ZackMeursault in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Jan 7, 2016
- Gdańsk[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/755906/large_DSC02112 Posted by ChrisTravels in Europe 2015 | Dec 16, 2015
- Łazienki Królewskie - a new circle of peacefulness30 days into my new adventure, I already found a new circle of peacefulness, the Łazienki Królewskie, which is a huge, beautiful park filled with different palaces, a roman style theatre and several other buildings and statues right in the Posted by ZackMeursault in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Dec 15, 2015
- Krakow[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/liamps/countries/Poland/|Poland photos]]
Warning! A needlessly long blog entry is about to follow! Consequently, I will make this introduction relatively short and thankfully absent of failed attemp Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Dec 1, 2015
- Warsaw[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/liamps/countries/Poland/|Poland photos]]
With a one week break between classes and an exam, I decided to exploit insanely cheap airfares and travel to Poland. I persuaded Australian Andrew to join m Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Nov 28, 2015
- AuschwitzWe spent one of the days on our Poland trip in Auschwitz, the concentration camp about a 1.5 hour drive from Krakow in the town of Oswiecim (when the Germans took over, they "Germanized" the name of the town to Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Nov 24, 2015