- Cabo da Roca Portugal - Where the Land Ends21 December 2016:
The final day of our three week trip through the Iberian Penninsula.
We are taking the train from Rossio Station to Sintra.
Sintra is a UNESCO World H Posted by CherylGypsyRose in The Iberian Penninsula in December | Jan 22, 2017
- The Algarve: Albufeira, PortugalThe Southern coast of Portugal is called the Algarve. It has a Mediterranean climate and is known for its rugged beaches.
The word Algarve is taken from Arabic and means 'the west'. Moors occupied southern Portugal for 500 Posted by CherylGypsyRose in The Iberian Penninsula in December | Jan 18, 2017
- Lisbon - The Second Oldest City in EuropeLisbon is situated on seven hills beside the Tagus River. It has been inhabited by Neolithic people, Celts, Phonoecians, Visigoths, Greeks, Romans, Moors..... Only Athens, in Europe, is older.
Lisbon is definitely older than Rome and London but Posted by CherylGypsyRose in The Iberian Penninsula in December | Jan 17, 2017
- Evora Portugal - Ancient Cromlech Older than Stonehenge
Evora is a historic 2000 year old city in the Alentejo region of Portugal. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The walled old town boasts Moorish, Roman and Catholic monuments, hilly cobble Posted by CherylGypsyRose in The Iberian Penninsula in December | Jan 15, 2017
- Journey homeYes, up early indeed. At 3.30 am more particularly. Christina, who usually wakes up early in the morning, was the one that served me breakfast at 4.30 am. And why on Earth choose to fly such early flight? Well, this Posted by bejjan in Azores - on horseback | Nov 15, 2016
- Riding lesson and full-day ride with RodrigoLast day of riding here in the Azores and what a day! It was predicted to be great weather and being able to ride all day on my favorite horse Corante would be great. But first riding lesson with Rodrigo. Posted by bejjan in Azores - on horseback | Nov 14, 2016
- Fire Mountain and Fire LakeWoke up and made myself ready for breakfast at 8.30 am. The four ladies from the UK left the estate during the morning and traveled on home by flight. Bit of shame though because they were very nice company and Posted by bejjan in Azores - on horseback | Nov 13, 2016
- Full day ride – from south to northBreakfast was served at 8 am. I was going to ride alone with Lara today, while the other ladies had another curriculum. I met up with Lara at the stable where our horses already were saddled.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/799557/20161 Posted by bejjan in Azores - on horseback | Nov 12, 2016
- Full day ride to Sete CidadesBreakfast was served at 8.30 am and we gathered at 9.30 am for departure by car (horses in the lorry) to Sete Cidades. From Livramente and out to the west part of the island where Sete Cidades is located took Posted by bejjan in Azores - on horseback | Nov 11, 2016
- Half day ride in Remédios and excursion to Furnas This day started with breakfast at 8.30 am and then gathering for departure by car and lorry (for the horses) to Remédios. Remédios is an area situated just east of Livramente, not to be mixed up with the parish Remédios Posted by bejjan in Azores - on horseback | Nov 10, 2016
- Dolphins, whales and trail ride to RibeihiniaUp in time for breakfast at 7.30 am. Two of the four British ladies were booked for a dolphin and whale safari this the morning, so I took the opportunity to join them. Safari out on the ocean is something Posted by bejjan in Azores - on horseback | Nov 9, 2016
- São Miguel – not that small after all… Up in time for breakfast and check-out before the shuttle back to Lisbon Portela Airport. Being “continental”, the breakfast was okay. Though it was 8 am, it was heavy traffic along the way to the airport. But still it took Posted by bejjan in Azores - on horseback | Nov 8, 2016
- To Lisbon first… So it was time for yet another trip and I must say that it has its advantages to travel abroad now during November because it can be incredibly dark, cold and rainy here in Sweden at that time.
Woke up Posted by bejjan in Azores - on horseback | Nov 7, 2016
- Portugal7/11/16 to 21/11/16
Arrived in Porto after a pleasant drive from Salamanca. Continued to pass through hills with eucalypt forests.
Took the direct train to the airport the next day to meet Nick who arrived from Toronto. Great to catch up.
Of Posted by ColleenandTony in Colleen and Tony | Dec 6, 2016
- Atlantas. Sezono sąskaita.
Po dviejų sezonų Viduržemio jūroje mums pagaliau pavyko ištrūkti į Atlantą. Nuo šių metų balandžio iki spalio mėnesio neskubiu ritmu suplaukta 2687 jūrmyli Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Oct 4, 2016
- Going LisbonOur Portuguese public transport skills proved to be up to the challenge, and three hours after leaving Porto we arrived in Lisbon. We even managed to navigate the metro system, changing lines mid-way to get ourselves to the required Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Sep 30, 2016
- A little (s)tartMy journey in May started by flying from London to Lisbon, as my main flight ticket started from there. I stayed one night in Lisbon, and the next day, after a few Portuguese tarts in Belém, Posted by ksbacon in Bacon on the road | Sep 29, 2016
- Funchal - Day 10 Monday, 9/26Funchal is the capital of the Portuguese island of Madeira. It is a lush and mountainous island, located about 350 miles from North Africa. We booked a private tour for our day on Madeira.
Our arrival was delayed Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Barcelona to Barcelona | Sep 27, 2016
- Day 60 Pinhao to Vega de TerronWe had some sleep in time this morning-thanks God as we needed it. We started cruising at 6.30am. This morning was sobbing-much needed and packing. This was a bit tricky as our cabin is rather small . This afternoon we Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 27, 2016
- Port wine in PortoWe woke up in our floral haven one last time on Thursday, finished off our cornflakes and set off for the train. Belinda and Pat headed to the city for some last minute sight seeing, and we stayed on Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Sep 27, 2016
- Day 59 PinhaoWe stayed around Pinhao all day today-no cruising. This morning we visited Mateus Palace which was built in 19th century It is still the home of Cpount someone or other. The faMILY HAVE KEPT IT IN great repair I Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 26, 2016
- Day at Sea - Day 9 Sunday, 9/25To say that we were ready for a day at sea would be an understatement. It was a joy to not set an alarm, and begin a day without a plan, This provided a much needed catch up Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Barcelona to Barcelona | Sep 25, 2016
- Lisbon - Day 8 Saturday, 9/24Beginning at 9 AM, the cruise director narrated our passage from the Atlantic Ocean to the Tagus River, and arrival to the port of Lisbon.
After passing under the bridge (which is a ringer for the Golden Gate Bridge), we viewed Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Barcelona to Barcelona | Sep 24, 2016
- Day 58 REGUA to Pinhao PART way down the steps
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720925/large_9BD0E09C0987538D60A965D0FB531BA4.jpeg caption=Bron and I in front of the tiles at Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 24, 2016
- ADAY 57 ENTRE-OS-RIOS TO REGUA This is my new retirement home comes with 9 hectares of garden
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720925/large_69529205BC61AA948C7298A5756DBC17.jpeg caption= Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 23, 2016