- Into PortugalSo we left Caceres for a little drive in the sun into Portugal with the idea of stopping at an aire halfway in. We stopped at a place called Abrantes at a free aire by a river and a sweet Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Feb 7, 2016
- I'm supposed to be packing
This is my view from the living room ... it calls to me ... don't pack that suitcase, check those train/plane t Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 29, 2016
- Pedro and the Grotto Gang Strikes Again!The pictures are all the words needed!
[img= Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 27, 2016
- Golf & ChurchThe men headed to the golf course; Mary Fern and I explored Lagos. We started our exploration using a public bus. We had a bus schedule, we sorta figured out the closest stop (but arrived 10 mins early ... just Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 27, 2016
- From Ocean to Mountains to Ocean
Raining - no golf so we're off to Monchique; a spa town in the Serra de Monchique mountains - about 45 mins from Lagos (we're all in agreement; no more than an hour in a car; not Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 26, 2016
- Down DayThis was our day of leisure; staying close to the villa - long walks on the beach; needlepoint, beading, reading ... beautiful morning but by afternoon; strong gusts of wind off the ocean and the fog moved in. PB & Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 26, 2016
- Market DayA Fine Beginning - from the balcony
Market wasn't quite as expected. Based on our previous combined experiences ... in other countries ... we're expecting a moveable store of Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 24, 2016
- The Boys Go to Church
Giving Thanks After Being Lost in Silves
Big decision of the day ... will the clouds break, should we head for the harbor and try the grotto boat tour ... or is it going to ke Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 22, 2016
- The Rain in Algarve Falls Mainly on the ....Ok, so maybe my phrasing isn't so catchy as My Fair Lady but yes - a rainy night and morning. The sky & ocean were silvery.
After coffee before the morning walk.
[img=http://photos. Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 21, 2016
- The Rest of the Journey in Lagos(pronounced Laaa-goosh)
Modern building on way to train station
The Oriente train station has to be seen to be believed. It soars in every direction, bringing to mind the ease of Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 16, 2016
- Ota - Lisbon - Arlanda[center][/center]
Last breakfast. Many of us had early flights to catch so we ate at 7 am already. We wrote in the guestbook and paid our depts for water and the cab ride to Óbidos. Posted by bejjan in Dressage on Lusitano Stallions | Apr 27, 2013
- Birthday at Quinta do Archino Breakfast at 8 am. By now we knew the breakfast buffet by heart and we also had learned how to manage the toaster which threw the toasts straight up in the air when the toasts were ready. Not that it Posted by bejjan in Dressage on Lusitano Stallions | Apr 26, 2013
- Quinta do Archino Breakfast was ready at 8 am as all the other days. Different kind of bread but otherwise the same. According to the weather forecast the temperature would get up to +25 centigrade and basically cloud free – great!
[center][img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by bejjan in Dressage on Lusitano Stallions | Apr 25, 2013
- Trip to ÓbidosBreakfast at 8 am as usual. Today we had riding lesson in the morning and the afternoon was free for other activities. Yesterday we had decided to order a taxi to Óbidos and later a trip to the Atlantic Ocean Posted by bejjan in Dressage on Lusitano Stallions | Apr 24, 2013
- Quinta do Archino – jeep safari I slept a little better this night. After yesterdays two tough dressage lessons I started to feel my abs and that I had worked with my seat, which by the way was the goal for this trip :) Breakfast was Posted by bejjan in Dressage on Lusitano Stallions | Apr 23, 2013
- Quinta do ArchinoWoke up in time for breakfast at 8 am. Many kinds of white bread, fruits, cheese, ham, marmalade, coffee, tea, yoghurt and milk were served. A steady breakfast in other words. At 9 am it was time for our first Posted by bejjan in Dressage on Lusitano Stallions | Apr 22, 2013
- Arlanda - Lisbon - OtaI arrived at the train station in Falun shortly after 9 am. The train hadn’t arrived yet, so I had a few minutes over for some philosophizing. The sun was shining and did warm up a little even though the Posted by bejjan in Dressage on Lusitano Stallions | Apr 21, 2013
- Lisbon Day 3 Up & about reasonable hour. 27E trolley stops across the street from our B&B; rode it to Commerce Center; pick up Hop Hop, heading to Gulbenkian
Just not enough time Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 13, 2016
- Lisbon Day 4 - Final Day ... for this tripLisbon Day 4 final (for this trip)
Overcast; showers expected, out come the rain hoodies!
Only this AM noticed USA flag a couple of buildings away from B&B - dah, home of our ambassador.
Necessary to clarify "USA" as "states" or "america" Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 14, 2016
- Day 2 LisbonDay 2 (Quick notes from the day; I'm almost out of power)
Slept till 9 - lovely breakfast; so many choices)
Touring Lisbon - think San Francisco; add several 100 yrs
Tiles - area around our B&B has many tile bldgs.
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 12, 2016
- Lisbon Day 1Day 1 -. End of
Lots of impressions & mixed emotions...I've read Night Train to Lisbon several x's & Raimund doesn't seem to be as muddled as I feel right now. Of course Raimund didn't change 5 time zones in 8 Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 11, 2016
- SETTING OFF
The big day has finally arrived! After months of planning and weeks of packing, I am setting off on my big adventure: 6 months travelling through South America. That's exactly 27 weeks, or 189 Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Jan 7, 2016
- Food and Drink: PortugalFor me, the best of Portugal was served on a plate or in a glass. Here I will discuss some of the great meals, and where I had them, as well as the local alcohol which was great!
To start, Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Nov 24, 2015
- Beaches and Castles[center][/center]
The few days spent in Central Portugal were stressful times, most days involved visiting at least two beaches, while spending probably an equal amount of time at seaside Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Nov 24, 2015
- Lisboa: The Capital City[center][/center]
My first few days were spent in [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisbon|Lisbon]] (or Lisboa), the capital city of Portugal. Lisbon lies in the hills along the shore o Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Nov 24, 2015