- The most beautiful place on earthLagos Portugal, hands down is the most beautiful place I have ever been! There is something unique about this small southern town. Combine perfect beaches that hide at the foot of sheer cliffs, kayaking through caves, fresh seafood and when Posted by BSmyth in The most beautiful place on eart | Jul 20, 2016
- April 26April 26
Sean golfed the Ocean Golf Course at Vale Do Lobo. Wanda rode along and enjoyed the scenery. We spent the rest of the day doing laundry and packing to head up to London.
Fitbit steps: 16,331
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/8144 Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 5, 2016
- Cascais, PortugalWe had a fantastic sunset cruise in Cascais. We rented a luxurious sailboat at Sailo - they have plenty of boats, so you can find the one that perfectly suits your needs. It was lovely to see Cascais from Posted by APinter in Best places to visit | May 1, 2016
- April 23-25April 23-25
On the 23rd Wanda wasn’t feeling well so we stayed in and enjoyed the apartment and fabulous views. Sunday, April 24 we started the day with a walk on the beach and ate lunch at the resort. Sean Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | Apr 30, 2016
- April 21April 21
We took a tour of historical Algarve with our first stop being in Silves. Silves was once an ancient Moorish capital. We toured the castle and cathedral. Our tour took us to the top of the Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | Apr 28, 2016
- April 19-20April 19 - 20
Flew from Dublin to Faro, Portugal. We needed some sun to dry out before we conquer more of the Great Britain. Faro is the southern Algarve region of Portugal (see maps). We are staying Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | Apr 24, 2016
- Farewell to PortugalAs we ventured to Portugal toward the north I found it very untidy and most places looked like they needed a good wash. The campsites were very basic but the people made up for it and could not do enough Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Apr 16, 2016
- Evora and the BonesSo we left Falesia and headed to a Saturday market at Loule and guess what, it was another forgotten gem. The last time we were there it was a pretty town with a municipal market and nice pedestrian areas; now Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Apr 6, 2016
- Beach stop, 10 months in.Leaving Silves, we travelled to the sister site by the beach in the posh end of Albufeira after fuelling and gassing up for the start of the trip north.
This site is set in a few trees, 500m from the Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Apr 2, 2016
- The case of the flying shoebox ...Today was a travel and fun day. Happily we woke up to blue sky, and headed off to the train station to make our way back to Lisbon.
After settling into our fabulous new apartment we set off to find a Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 31, 2016
- Crossing the River DouroWe began today's adventures with a 7 bridges river cruise. That was about as exciting as it sounds, but was a good way to see the city layout from a different angle (and one not involving hills). Also a good Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 31, 2016
- By the beach and the castlePraia da Marinha is a pretty little beach with sandstone cliffs, very picturesque; it is often used by VW to host test drives and they were there the afternoon we arrived blocking off the car park, bloody cheek. So all Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Mar 30, 2016
- LisbonLisbon is an interesting city. The capital of Portugal, it has Moorish and Roman ruins, cathedrals and the streets are lined with the types of cafes you daydream about when imagining an escape to Europe. It is also Posted by kgula in Kurt and Karly's Honeymoon | Mar 29, 2016
- Porto, Costah & HazulIt was a cold, grey, wet start to our first full day in Porto (it goes without saying it was windy too - everywhere we've been in Portugal has been windy).
After a slow start we headed out to see Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 29, 2016
- Another day, another city ...Today was once again largely a travel day. After a bit of a sleep-in and bidding farewell to our lovely host Burghard, we headed off to the station to catch the train back to Lisbon and then on to Porto, Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 28, 2016
- Sintra's sights and sunWe were very excited to wake up to blue sky this morning and only a hint of white clouds. We this eagerly headed out into the cool morning to enjoy our day of sightseeing.
First stop: atop the highest point Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 28, 2016
- Sintra!Today we had a slow start - much appreciated and needed after all our moving around. But then move again we did, saying goodbye to the lovely flat we had been in the last two nights.
The moment from today that Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 26, 2016
- The Ups & Downs of LisbonHave we mentioned that Lisbon is supposedly built on seven hundred hills? And it seems that if there is not an existing slope, a degree of difficulty is added through the construction of stairs (largely without any consideration for people Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 26, 2016
- Public Transport inspectionSo today started out less than successfully, but ended up being a fabulous day.
We started out by heading to the Convento Carmo, or Convent of Our Lady of Mount Carmel - a ruined convent in the middle of the Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 25, 2016
- Tram 28After the morning traveling by train to Lisbon, we set out to get a feel for the city. We thought the famous Tram 28 would be a good way to do this as we had read that it is a Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 24, 2016
- On the road again ...Buses seem to depart alarmingly early in the morning in this part of the world! We left Seville bright (or something) and early Monday morning by bus and woke up in Portugal. Well, at the 'frontier'* for a passport check Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 24, 2016
- As grutasDespite having to dash onto the balcony to rescue our washing from the thunderstorm at some point in the night, we woke up on Tuesday to sunshine. It didn't last. And then it did. And then it didn't. But then Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 24, 2016
- PaderneJacqui chose a campsite near the village of Paderne, just north of Albufeira, mainly because we wanted the Algarve without the usual crowds. We stopped at the gate and a Dutch lady showed us round and indicated a pitch we Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Mar 24, 2016
- Day 8 with Leo: Drinking in DuoroWe woke up to a small crew of construction men moving rocks near us..they were not fazed by our presence. We drove back to where we had noted a lake on the way in. The fog was quite beautiful over Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Mar 20, 2016
- Swing LowWell what weekend to come home, we stayed at Jacqui and Ian's and it was just like we had never been away, except all very exciting with the wedding plans. When we saw Jacqui's mum and dad they were on Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Mar 19, 2016