- Buddha Eden Park in the Silver Coast
For those who like chinese culture or just like to see and enjoy those Buddha's images, this is the right place to visit.
The park is situated just 60 km north of Lisbon in Carvalhal Posted by ACoelho in The world is my oister | Apr 28, 2013
- Portuguese guitar music, sangria and five hours of walking
[img=http://p Posted by suziqed in Portugal and Spain 2013 | Apr 25, 2013
- Faro, AlgarveAnother great train ride, this time to Faro. Another beautiful day, as well.
Staying at an Airbnb (www.airbnb.com) property for 30 euros a night. Our 'host' kindly picked us up from the station, gave us a bit of a tour Posted by suziqed in Portugal and Spain 2013 | Apr 24, 2013
- A Flying Visit to Porto
Another beautiful morning as Posted by suziqed in Portugal and Spain 2013 | Apr 24, 2013
- Dawn in London and on to Lisbon
Arriving into Heathrow at 5 am is definitely the best time! Didn't realise it was ever that quiet. Dawn was beautiful as we caught our early flight to Lisbon, and Posted by suziqed in Portugal and Spain 2013 | Apr 24, 2013
- evora to cascais (for lisbon, sintra)wednesday: another relaxed am yesterday, p worked, c pottered etc., then onto the scoot for our
usual aft. whizz around : )
decided to try to 'walk to aquaduct' and find one of the three entrance points off one of the roads
out Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Apr 24, 2013
- elvas to evora (via vila vicosa)friday: lovely day yesterday, exploring elvas.
p didn't have too much work to do in the end, so set off late am....we walked to town as not that far,
took about half an hour.
found a small tourist info. booth Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Apr 19, 2013
- Faro and São Brás de AlportelThe train road down to Faro was rather long as we were pretty much heading vertically down the whole of Portugal. It went through Lisbon again so it was our second time in the city but still haven't seen any Posted by Claire.Miller in Claire's Euro Trip 2013 | Apr 19, 2013
- PortoSo when we got to Lisbon we had to buy a ticket for Porto as we had decided to go there first. Forgetting the time difference we quickly jumped on what we thought was our 9.30am train. Fortunately someone else Posted by Claire.Miller in Claire's Euro Trip 2013 | Apr 19, 2013
- rosario to elvaswednesday: lovely scootering weather yesterday - really enjoyed our trip out to the local villages of
terena and alandroal.
they were both lovely little places, v. untouristy, and complete with the usual churches and castles
(apparently there are 50+ Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Apr 17, 2013
- beja to rosariosunday: walked back into town yesterday am., after leisurely brekkie. the market around the castle
was a small, local, fruit, veg and flower market essentially – very untouristy. we walked right around
to see what was being sold; massive strawberries, Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Apr 14, 2013
- vila nova de milfontes to bejathursday: weather was not as expected yesterday - the forecast changed! (we hate that!).
gloomy with drizzle all day! no good at all for our planned picnic and walk....the best laid plans and
so, p worked and c pottered, route planning Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Apr 11, 2013
- caldas de monchique to vila nova de milfontes (via silves)sunday: lovely aft. yesterday, really nice to have some sunshine!
scootered to caldas, parked up and then walked around in the valley; lots of little winding pathways,
up into the hills, got some great views over the village and towards the Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Apr 7, 2013
- Porto - Then Goodbye Portugal[[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porto|Porto (or Oporto) ]] is a spectacularly beautiful city. The old original part of the city is built up on the steep banks of the winding Douro River that flows through the town, separating Porto from Villa Nova de Posted by Moshry in The Big Trip | Apr 7, 2013
- Stories from the LavandeiraSo I am currently sitting in a brand new coin/computer operated laundromat blogging. How fun. We spent all of yesterday in the beautiful city of Coimbra. By fluke or sheer genius I'm not sure which, I booked us Posted by Aoshry in The Big Trip | Apr 3, 2013
- olhao to caldas de monchique (for monchique, foia)wednesday: rain stopped, weather improved, p worked in the am yesterday, and then we set off to
see about our boat trip/lunch....
waited on the quay for the man we'd talked to yesterday, with another family (germans, from berlin).
didn't have to Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Apr 3, 2013
- Evora and NazareAfter arriving by scary taxi (about an hour ride), we checked into our hotel that had the old castle-like city walls of [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Évora| Evora]] right off of our balcony.
As an aside, the drivers in Portugal seem either to Posted by Moshry in The Big Trip | Apr 1, 2013
- Don't Rent A Car From Hertz!So you know when you rent a car and the person at the counter starts circling the emergency roadside service number and telling you about the triangles in the trunk and where the emergency vest is located and you know Posted by Moshry in The Big Trip | Apr 1, 2013
- Curse of the GriwaldsSo yesterday morning we finally woke up to some sunshine!!!!!! We decided to take advantage of the weather and set out to do a little horse back riding in the countryside. We arrived at a little stable where Posted by Aoshry in The Big Trip | Mar 31, 2013
- Road TripHi all,
So we had three really nice days in Lisbon. My last entry was when Michael and the kids went to explore and I chilled out for the day. The following day we decided to let the kids Posted by Aoshry in The Big Trip | Mar 29, 2013
- tavira to olhao (for faro)wednesday: had a lovely aft. yesterday - scootered into tavira - a really beautiful place - for lunch
and a look about.
nearly got a parking ticket/fine from an over-zealous portugese traffic policeman (for going the
wrong way down a small Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Mar 27, 2013
- LisbonOur next stop on our trip with Mom and Dad was Lisbon. We arrived kind of late so didn’t get to do much our first night, but we managed to at least get out for some wine and cheese. We Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Mar 19, 2013
- What a difference a day makesHi everyone! Sorry to hear about the massive dump of snow. Just think its almost spring!!!!!
We left Casablanca on the evening on the 22nd to fly to Lisbon. After the usual rigomorole at the airport.......long Posted by Aoshry in The Big Trip | Mar 24, 2013
- lagos to tavira (via estoi)sunday: as the rain stopped yesterday aft. we decided to scoot into luz, blow the cobwebs away!
found a little cafe in the old fort and had a hot choccie watching the rolling waves breaking on the
rocks....then walked along the small Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Mar 24, 2013
- Portugal!Hey guys, its been a few days since I've written about what we are up to so here is a quick update! We spent the last few days in Casablanca just walking around town, touring through the third largest Posted by Eyakiwchuk in This Is Actually Happening...For Real! | Mar 23, 2013