- Going South by Southwest in Portugal
Summer 2013 was supposed to be a quiet one for me. After spending all the year following my impulses and traveling like a madman around Europe, my travel budget was practically non existent. I was happy to peacefully enjoy my Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Sep 6, 2013
- August 29Just because I have a thing with dates.
August 29 2005 - flew to Budapest to start my Erasmus year, which forever changed me!
August 29 2012 - returned from a life changing 7 week trip across the United States!
August 29 Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Aug 28, 2013
- Lisbon, Portugal (25th - 30th July)We had a few days in Lisbon, so got to see a decent amount of the city. We did a fair amount of walking around, as we always do, plus on one day we took the tram out to the Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Aug 8, 2013
- Turning 30 - alive in the superunknown![center]Waking up as a 30 year old[/center]
I turned 30 today. Although I don't think it's such a big deal and I'm not having multiple epiphanies and moments of absolut enli Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Aug 5, 2013
- A Stopover in TaviraThe Algarve is the southern coast of Portugal and it is as frenetic and packed as the Costa del Sol in Spain. except on the most western tip like Salema where I just left and the eastern end in Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Jul 22, 2013
- Postcards from SalemaI escaped Lisbon using metro, train and a local bus to land in a small fishing village named Salema. There aren't many fisherman left-- bikinis are taking over the beach, but there is still plenty of room for everyone. As Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Jul 18, 2013
- Punk'd in Lisboa, Portugal?I didn't know what to expect when I landed in Lisbon (they call it Lisboa). I didn't speak Portuguese, but from a few past experiences, I thought I might be able to get by with a few Portuguese phrases and Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Jul 12, 2013
- The Portuguese coast - Cape EspichelIt's not the first time I've been to this place but it still surprises me nevertheless.
The loneliness feeling comes along with a fantastic sense of getting in tune with the sea, the land and the power of the planet.
We Posted by ACoelho in The world is my oister | Jul 28, 2013
- Our Plans and Our Trail Trip...
[i]So far booked:-
10th February 2014 - Dubai for 4 nights Stay at the Grand Fortune Hotel Apartments,
14th February 2014 - Sri Lanka for 2 weeks Posted by livetotravel14 in Our Big Adventure... | Jul 17, 2013
- Team Hollister + Team Pyy do FaroWe met our best buddies for 4 days of sun, sardines and pool time in Faro and all was well until Luke got a head cold, Jasmin had a tantrum and Tessa somehow got thrown in the pool...(yes of course Posted by tessalukehnj in Hollisters' Euro jaunt | Jul 16, 2013
- LisboaPorto was followed by Lisbon, but only for 2 nights. We had a funky retro apartment right in Baixa which we loved. It was above a church square and busy little artistic neighbourhood and when we arrived the last of Posted by tessalukehnj in Hollisters' Euro jaunt | Jul 16, 2013
- Blatantly Bad Blogger This is just a brief note to apologize to those that thought they would be vicariously sharing my adventures...sorry, sorry, sorry.
I am currently in Portland, Oregon where I have had little to no access to wifi (right now, I Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Jul 11, 2013
- Experimental TravelOne of the "bad" things about travel and tourism is that people tend to go always to the same places and do the same things. I speak for myself as I too find it difficult to innovate and escape the Posted by danics in World Away | Jul 12, 2013
- Impressions of Spain and Portugal, Part 2The Wadi Guadiana river forms the border between Spain and Portugal in the southwestern part of the Iberian peninsula. The names of many rivers in Spain and Portugal begin with wadi, which is the Arabic word for river and reflects Posted by clarkmw78 in Matt's Misadventures | Jul 9, 2013
- Lazy day in Lagos=="Subheadings are overrated" - Mark==
===Another Lonely Planet recommendation, A Forja. The line at the door almost scared Mark off but as we came out late (9.30pm) all the early diners were finishing up so we were i Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jul 5, 2013
- Any given Sunday!This is just a reminder to future me.
"How to make some random Sunday extraordinary" - June 30 2013
8.30am - waking up and preparing some breakfast.
9.00am - buying the newspaper, the new edition of the "Time Out" magazine and driving Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Jun 30, 2013
- Pretty Porto! We are halfway through our trip!!! The kids of course are keeping count (mathematics homework, tick!) of all the places we have been and we are up to 11! phew. Portugal seems to be suffering a heatwave and Posted by tessalukehnj in Hollisters' Euro jaunt | Jun 30, 2013
- Little Britain in Lagos=="On the beach, you can live in bliss" - Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys==
===Mark finally got to soothe his burger cravings at a tiny little hole in the Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jun 26, 2013
- Stunning Sintra in the Sunshine==="Lo! Cintra's glorious Eden intervenes
In variegated maze of mount and glen.
Ah me! what hand can pencil guide, or pen,
To follow half on which the eye dilates
Through views more dazzling unto mortal ken
Than those whereof such things the bard rel Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jun 26, 2013
- Word On The Street: LisbonLisbon has a healthy street art/graffiti culture.
Here are a few I snapped up during [[http://catstraveldiaries.travellerspoint.com/2/|a recent trip!]]
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by jetsetcat in Cat's Travel Diaries | Jun 25, 2013
- In the middle of the Atlantic... AgainYet another weekend away (June has been so far, a travel month), and Lisbon Airport is starting to feel like my second home. Friday I took a flight, but this time I wasn't flying abroad. Instead I went to Terceira, Posted by danics in World Away | Jun 25, 2013
- A Lisbon AffairIt's 11pm on a brisk Friday night in March.
After a 10-hour flight delay, 20-hour long haul flight and 45 hours of sleep deprivation, I finally arrive in Lisbon.
As the cit Posted by jetsetcat in Cat's Travel Diaries | Jun 23, 2013
- A Lazy Day in Lisbon==" Twas the day after Sant Antonio, and all through the town
Not a creature was stirring, not even a ...... Sardine!"==
===We ventured out to try the famous Custard tarts of Pasteis de Belem, still being made using the anc Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jun 21, 2013
- Blown Away @ Cabo da RocaEver wondered what Europe's westernmost point looks like?
So nothing could have prepared me for the spectacular Cabo Da Roca - it is quite stunning!
Bef Posted by jetsetcat in Cat's Travel Diaries | Jun 18, 2013
- Celebrations with Sardines & Saints=="Hard to call it a party without sardines" - Brandon Mull==
===We trecked off to find a restaurant Lonely Planet had suggested for dinner, 'Faca & Garfo Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jun 18, 2013