- Feliz Año Nuevo!!Hello again! Hope everyone's holidays were great, I have all sorts of adventures to share with you from the past few weeks, but first, let's talk about Christmas in Porto, Portugal!!
My roommate, Tiago, offered to take me in over the Posted by dclift in Pensamientos Errabundos | Jan 12, 2013
We flew from Amsterdam to Lisbon, a quick express bus ride into town and we finally arrived at our apartment (which by the way is an absolute bargain for 40E a night in the centre of town!). We were Posted by blake-michelle in Blake & Michelle VS The World | Jan 9, 2013
- Lisbon, PortugalThe same architect that designed the Golden Gate Bridge, designed the 25 de Abril Bridge in Lisbon, and if you look between the double posts, you’ll see a difference in how the supports are angled. On top of that, Lisbon Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 9, 2013
- Faro, PortugalFaro is the place that Europeans go in the summer to party on the beach, only we weren’t there in summer - it was late October! It was also All Saints Day (November 1st), so there weren’t many people Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 9, 2013
- Porto, PortugalWe loved how Porto is set up with its many different city scape views. We could have spent each night of an entire month at a different view spot throughout the city and not get bored of the different Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 8, 2013
- Art in MadeiraThe family spent some days in Madeira this Christmas.
Weather was perfect, temperature around 20ºC. I will post shortly some impressions about the island along with some photos.
Overall, and this was our first time in Madeira, the island met or Posted by ACoelho in The world is my oister | Jan 7, 2013
- Happy New Year 2013!Hi Everyone,
First of all, I wish you all a Great 2013, full of good things and new travel around the world.
This year we went out to see the 2012/2013 fireworks in Setubal. Thousands of people enjoyed the show from the Posted by ACoelho in The world is my oister | Jan 1, 2013
- Behold! A new year is here...Last day of 2012.
Fate wanted this day to be rainy, windy, cold and grey here in Porto. Such a contrast to how colorful and warmhearted this year was to me. But as nostalgic as endings can be, this day Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Dec 31, 2012
- Last day in PortugalKim:
After our long drive back from Lourdes to Chaves we had one last day in Portugal to fill. Erin and Allanah were still chasing a mineral spa so our first stop after breakfast at the hotel was a place called Posted by Kimerinallanah in Pinto Family holidays | Dec 24, 2012
- Lisbon and its walking!Another randomly timed entry, so lets begin where I left off!
Madrid, our final day here, very upsetting as it's such a beautiful place but as there wasn't much time for any major activities we decided to walk around the Spanish Posted by abirckel in The World | Dec 19, 2012
- Porto Day 3After a very late night from our travels to the Matasihnos and the dodgy fish place in the grotto, we all sleep in. There is no early walk for me, I am feeling under the weather. Not sick, under the Posted by Kimerinallanah in Pinto Family holidays | Dec 18, 2012
Ok, so I have been really slack in updating the blog.....
After our ordeal at attempting a fresh fish meal we walk over to the other side of the river and let off some steam. We decide to do some touristy Posted by Kimerinallanah in Pinto Family holidays | Dec 18, 2012
- Porto Day 2, Part 1
You may have been wondering if everything was ok as there have been no blogs since our first day in Porto. Well, after being attacked by the toothless, bandanna wearing grey haired chihuahua i have had to recover from my Posted by Kimerinallanah in Pinto Family holidays | Dec 14, 2012
- Resting Some MoreI think we finally beat the kids at their own game: we let them sleep in so long yesterday that they felt they started too late and asked us to wake them up today no later than 9 AM. But Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Dec 13, 2012
- Lisbon PortugalPortuguese is a Romance language, also spoken in Brazil. In fact at one time, in the early 1800s, during the Napoleonic Wars, Rio de Janeiro was the capital of the Portuguese empire. But I digress. Lisbon Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Dec 12, 2012
- Taking a Break / Kicking Back in Luz==Taking a Break==
My parents decided to separate themselves from Abby and I today, and we both enjoyed our breaks from one another. Abby and I rose very late, as the whole family had stayed up past one o'clock the night Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Dec 12, 2012
- Beach Hopping in the Algarve[float=left][/float]Today we had a brutally early start...8 o'clock. When my dad came in to wake us up I was so tired...Hannah couldn't even get out of Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Dec 11, 2012
- Exploring the AlgarveAbby and I awoke in much more comfortable beds than we had the night previous, and enjoyed our breakfast in the plush and well heated apartment we currently call home. I can't say we're missing our previous address. We planned Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Dec 11, 2012
- First full day in oPortoThis one will just be a quick recap of the day. I will try to come back and colour in some things and add pictures later, we are having trouble getting photos to share between phone and iPad.
On Monday, Erin, Posted by Kimerinallanah in Pinto Family holidays | Dec 11, 2012
- Lisbon to oPortoKim:
The last few days have been a struggle as I have been struck down with a cold. Erin was supposed to have done some blogging but it appears I am the official diarist for the trip. So what has happened?
On Posted by Kimerinallanah in Pinto Family holidays | Dec 11, 2012
- Two Eventful Days in Luz/Lagos[float=left][/float]In the morning Muriel and I let the kids sleep and have a lazy start to the day. In the end they were quite industrious choosing to do a b Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Dec 9, 2012
- Algarve[float=left][/float]We travelled around 450 km today from Coimbra to the village of Luz just outside of Lagos in the Algarve region of Portugal. In ou Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Dec 8, 2012
- Shopping and fado in LisbonKim:
Our second day in Lisbon started reasonably early given the circumstances. Whilst I wrote a blog entry (I can feel the inner frustrated writer emerging) erin walked down to the local shops for some supplies. First and foremost on the Posted by Kimerinallanah in Pinto Family holidays | Dec 8, 2012
- First day in LisbonKim:
We woke early, well rested after a night at the Heathrow Novotel. Still on Melbourne time Erin and I were awake around 4am but feeling ready to complete the last leg of the 'getting there' journey, a 2.5hour flight to Posted by Kimerinallanah in Pinto Family holidays | Dec 6, 2012
- Coimbra, Portugal[float=left][/float]Today was a very enjoyable day, despite overcast skies and a torrent of rain during the last hour of our excursions. Before we set out, we all read the Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Dec 6, 2012