- Day 30 - OlhaoNice sunny day - got out for most of the afternoon....I had to stay close to a toilet for the morning but steven ran some errands...bus tickets for tomorrow...off to Spain! Very small town - if you want the Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Oct 14, 2014
- Day 28 - Cascais===Downtown and beach area===[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693821/20141012_184321.jpg thumb=http://photos.t Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Oct 12, 2014
- Day 24 - Lisbon!Dead tired from our overnight train but we did meet some nice people. Penny and Gerald from England and two kids from Portugal...only 19 and working at picking grapes for extra money. Now to see LISBON![img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693821/2014100 Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Oct 8, 2014
- Day 25 - Rainy bus tour dayWe didn't get to see too much but had fun anyway. Met a lady from London Ontario...had a good chat about how wonderful Lisbon really is.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693821/20 Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Oct 9, 2014
- Day 27 - Oct 11th Cascais rest dayMostly a a work from HOME day. It got sunny our around 4....we completed four loads of wash since last night. We plan to head downtown Cascais and check out the beach area and the local food. Still too cold Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Oct 11, 2014
- Day 26 - Last of LisbonWe wanted to see the last bits of Lisbon before we head south to Cascais...a sweet little oceanside town.
[center]===OHHH LISBON,WHAT A PLACE======[/center]
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693821/20141010_130415.jpg thumb=http://photos.travell Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Oct 10, 2014
- Day 26 - Off to Cascasin - seaside townWe will stay here for two night. So thrilled that our host family will pick us up at the train station. The weight of our backpacks are really getting heavier and heavier!!!
[img=http:// Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Oct 10, 2014
- Guadalupe to Miranda do DouroOn the way out of Guadalupe this morning, straight after breakfast, it was decidedly cool. The further I headed north the more unpleasant it became. Eventually it started to get very windy and what little traffic there was on the Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Oct 11, 2014
- Week 25: Portugal re-visitedWe were really excited to get back to Portugal to see Emilia again, and it seemed like a fitting way to finish up our European tour – kind of coming full circle for us. We arrived in Porto and caught Posted by Andrew and Lisa in Andrew & Lisa's european adventure | Oct 9, 2014
- Portugal - and the kindness of strangersCurrently, I am sitting on a train heading south from Lisbon to Faro. I have just finished booking tonight’s accommodation and our bus tickets for tomorrow from Faro to Seville, where we will spend a couple of nights and pick Posted by SamSueEurope in Keep up - an Australian family odyssey | Oct 7, 2014
- Things I Want to Remember: Açores Islands, Portugal ===Pico===
- the sound of the waves, a stray cat, and me sitting on the wall, eating a fancy dinner with a borrowed fork and a borrowed knife as it grew darker following the sunset, overlooking Faial from Pico's coast
- calling Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 19, 2014
- Açores Islands: Pico, Faial, and Terceira
9/12/14 at 1532 (London time)
My time in the Açores is complete and I'm now on my way to Istanbul, Turkey Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 15, 2014
- The time is coming... Lisbon-Albufeira Posted by adventurist in Adventurist | Sep 11, 2014
- Hiking the Algarve CoastDay 4: Lagos
The best day of the trip so far. Main activity was hiking along the coast. These are a couple of the many photos I took:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/704586/IMG Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 10, 2014
- The degeneration of parental standardsWhen we started out in Istanbul, we took the kids out to cafes and we drank elmer cay (apple tea).
In Kalymnos, we had beer/wine with our pita gyros, while Rosie had lemonade and Ben tri Posted by SamSueEurope in Keep up - an Australian family odyssey | Sep 6, 2014
- Portugal - queuing, Colares, coastline and Cabo de RocaToday was a travelling day - only 45 km mind you, but these things take time, particularly in Portugal where queuing appears to be the Number 1 national pastime (with completing paper-work a close second).
Despite getting up specially early Posted by SamSueEurope in Keep up - an Australian family odyssey | Sep 8, 2014
- Step Into My OfficeDay 2: Lisbon
So in the morning we started with a 3 hour walking tour of Lisbon. This was great and in particular I enjoyed any occasion where we could see great views over Lisbon:
[i Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 8, 2014
- How to make Red Sangria (alcaholic) and Lemonade==How to make Red Sangria and Lemonade==
The other day we went to a bar and Ben and I had Lemonade and Mum and Dad had Red Sangria. Ben and I sat at the bar so we saw the man make Posted by SamSueEurope in Wait for me - long walks with short legs | Sep 8, 2014
- Sunshine in LisbonDay 1: Arrived in Lisbon.
BBC weather and the EasyJet air steward both had me convinced it was going to be raining when I landed. But, as soon as I stepped off the plane, it was glorious. This photo was taken Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 8, 2014
- Lisbon street artWe have now been 5 days in Lisbon and tomorrow (now today the 8th Sept) we head for Colares where we have a house rented for the next 10 days. We are all looking forward to getting some good sleep Posted by SamSueEurope in Keep up - an Australian family odyssey | Sep 7, 2014
- PortoBack on the tour trail today. First stop was Braga and a bit more ABC, Bom Jesus Sanctuary. Set at the top of a hill with lovely views. The Catholics raved about it.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700609/32B503ECAA15D0250C449E6134B8CE77.jpg thum Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 7, 2014
The morning in Porto was taken up with the usual reconnoiter of the city. We are shown around the main landmarks so we get an idea how to navigate the city. One of the landmarks was a bookshop, Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 7, 2014
- PortoAway early this morning for Porto. 3 days there. On the way there we stop in Obidos, small medieval town and Nazare, a fishing village.
Obidos was very bust with tourists. It is a well maintained walled town on Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 5, 2014
- Lisbon and Cascais
[b][i]I've never been more excited to find an Apple authorized retailer. My Dad and tech friends would be so proud. With the freedom to download photos, sweet vic Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 4, 2014
- LisbonIt's a day to ourselves today so we planned a walking tour of Lisbon in the morning. We were up and out by 9:00. Caught the local bus to the city centre. We are about 5 k's out. Without Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 4, 2014