- Little Britain in Lagos=="On the beach, you can live in bliss" - Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys==
===Mark finally got to soothe his burger cravings at a tiny little hole in the Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jun 26, 2013
- Stunning Sintra in the Sunshine==="Lo! Cintra's glorious Eden intervenes
In variegated maze of mount and glen.
Ah me! what hand can pencil guide, or pen,
To follow half on which the eye dilates
Through views more dazzling unto mortal ken
Than those whereof such things the bard rel Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jun 26, 2013
- Word On The Street: LisbonLisbon has a healthy street art/graffiti culture.
Here are a few I snapped up during [[http://catstraveldiaries.travellerspoint.com/2/|a recent trip!]]
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by jetsetcat in Cat's Travel Diaries | Jun 25, 2013
- In the middle of the Atlantic... AgainYet another weekend away (June has been so far, a travel month), and Lisbon Airport is starting to feel like my second home. Friday I took a flight, but this time I wasn't flying abroad. Instead I went to Terceira, Posted by danics in World Away | Jun 25, 2013
- A Lisbon AffairIt's 11pm on a brisk Friday night in March.
After a 10-hour flight delay, 20-hour long haul flight and 45 hours of sleep deprivation, I finally arrive in Lisbon.
As the cit Posted by jetsetcat in Cat's Travel Diaries | Jun 23, 2013
- A Lazy Day in Lisbon==" Twas the day after Sant Antonio, and all through the town
Not a creature was stirring, not even a ...... Sardine!"==
===We ventured out to try the famous Custard tarts of Pasteis de Belem, still being made using the anc Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jun 21, 2013
- Blown Away @ Cabo da RocaEver wondered what Europe's westernmost point looks like?
So nothing could have prepared me for the spectacular Cabo Da Roca - it is quite stunning!
Bef Posted by jetsetcat in Cat's Travel Diaries | Jun 18, 2013
- Celebrations with Sardines & Saints=="Hard to call it a party without sardines" - Brandon Mull==
===We trecked off to find a restaurant Lonely Planet had suggested for dinner, 'Faca & Garfo Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jun 18, 2013
- Puffing and Panting up the Hills of Porto=="Port strengthens while it gladdens as no other wine can do" - James Biancamano==
===Tonight we headed out for a traditional Porto snack called Francesi Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jun 17, 2013
- Primavera Sound 2013 (Porto) - a cosmic trip
Primavera Sound 2013 is over. The last days have been surreal in so many ways. I feel like I was teletransported to a new dimension, to a new life. I embarked on some e Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Jun 3, 2013
- braga to viana do castelo (via ponte de lima)wednesday: we were woken up yesterday am by the noisy french motorhomers, packing up, next to us!
but, lovely sunny day : ) so looking good for our sightseeing day around braga.
p worked all morning, then we had lunch + walked Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 22, 2013
- penha to bragamonday: had a lovely day in guimaraes yesterday, and were v. lucky with the weather too!
walked down through the woods, as were told it would only take about half an hour, after a look at
the stunning view from the Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 20, 2013
- arco de baulhe to penha (for guimaraes)saturday: yesterday was a total wash-out - it literally rained all day! we haven't had a day like that
for a v. long time.
it eventually stopped late eve., and thankfully didn't rain in the night, so we slept a Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 18, 2013
- madalena to arco de baulhe (via amarante)thursday: had a lovely day yesterday - exploring porto in the sunshine : )
got the bus in again, v. busy at the campsite stop, chatted to some irish motorhomers (pretty new to
the game, first motorhome, like us!) while we Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 16, 2013
- luso to madalena (for porto)sunday: scootered into luso yesterday am to check it out - sweet little place! (thermal/spa town),
pretty, nice houses, shops, gardens....
found TO for some info, supermarket for some supplies, little farmers market for some fruit....then
strolled aro Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 12, 2013
- LisboaIn Lisbon we saw the world’s most expensive chapel –the Chapel of St John inside St Roque Church (1574) . It was designed in Rome, blessed by the Pope & shipped to Lisbon in 1747. Think ivory, gold, silver, Posted by vandk in UK & EUROPE HOLIDAY 2013 | May 11, 2013
- LisbonThe train out of Lagos was a little dodgy and I was particularly watchful of my suitcase. The bad economical state of Portugal could definitely be seen in the people on the train. There was a really drunk guy who Posted by Claire.Miller in Claire's Euro Trip 2013 | May 10, 2013
- LagosWe caught the first train to Lagos so we had all that day there and could leave for Lisbon the next morning, but it ended up that Lagos was so nice and we were too tired that afternoon to appreciate Posted by Claire.Miller in Claire's Euro Trip 2013 | May 10, 2013
- figueira da foz to luso (via coimbra)thursday: weather was iffy all am yesterday, rained on and off, so we waited until after lunch to scoot
into town, (and we never managed to walk to the beach).
after another quick chat with our neighbours, janet and david, we Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 9, 2013
- New dawn fades. A broken country. A shattered Europe.
Today is (still) Europe Day. On this day, 63 years ago, Robert Schuman, the French Foreign Minister at the time made a declaration calling for the need to create a new form of organisation Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | May 9, 2013
- PortugalStarted my trip taking a bus far too early in the morning/late at night from Granada to Madrid where my attempt to sleep on the bus left me feeling a little bit off but enjoying life none the less :) Posted by rae.lloydlever in España | May 7, 2013
- redondo to figueira da foz (via batalha)tuesday: weather not so good yesterday, clouded over and even rained a bit! : (
so - we decided not a picnic day really.
pottered all am, then - in aft. - scootered the half hour or so to see Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 7, 2013
- nazare to redondo (via leiria, for tomar)saturday: scooted to alcobaca yesterday aft. to see the monastery there, only about 15 mins. away.
a really amazing, on the world heritage list, place - absolutely massive.
it was lovely and cool in the huge minimal church, and cloisters, and Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 4, 2013
- foz do arelho to nazare (via caldas da rainha)thursday: p decided not to go ahead with the solar panels, as what we were offered in the end was
not what had been discussed previously! : (
we emailed mr jorge to say 'thanks, but no thanks', and then packed up Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 2, 2013
- cascais to foz do arelho (via campelos)tuesday: v. windy all day yesterday so decided to drive the van to sintra, and to do our chores in
town, rather than scoot.
lovely drive through the pine woods up into the clouds. stopped in a small town, san Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Apr 30, 2013