- Weekend in MadeiraI'm writing this post already three months past my visit to Madeira.
We've travelled to the main island in December 26th and stayed in a nice hotel near Funchal, for four days.
The main island is not so big and altough Posted by ACoelho in The world is my oister | Mar 16, 2013
- sagres to lagossaturday: chilled out am yesterday, then got sorted out for our cycle ride to cabo st. vincent.
borrowed the hotel bikes, free for the first 2 hours, then off we went.
6km each way, but very flat, straight roads!
cycled out of Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Mar 16, 2013
- LisbonIt’s a shame I visited Lisbon immediately after Porto. I’m enjoying my memories of the city more retrospectively than when I was actually there. I think I naturally fell into the trap of comparing the two cities and I consequently Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Mar 15, 2013
- quarteira to sagres (via lagos)wednesday: rained most of the am yesterday, but eventually the sun came out!
scootered off to almancil, after lunch, to see the small church there, but arrived too early (closed for
decided to wait, as only about 40 mins., so had Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Mar 13, 2013
- PortoMy next destination in Europe was Portugal, the small country located in the Southwest corner of Europe that came to discover the world and establish the first global empire. I don’t think Portugal has been a country high on Australians’ Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Mar 11, 2013
- isla cristina to quarteira (via moncarapacho)friday: walked into town yesterday aft., when the rain stopped for a bit after we’d had
lunch. lovely walk in – through a wooded area and along the sea front – windy! but exhilarating!
found a very quiet (siesta time), Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Mar 8, 2013
About 20 minutes on the tram took this piggie-less traveler to Belém, a small town (technically a civil parish) famous for their Pastéis de Belém. And this cool tower Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Mar 4, 2013
- The resolute urgency of now. Decisions that change our livesLife is all about choices and decisions. Everyday we make decisions. Most of them are actually quite irrelevant and are connected with satisfying immediate desires or situations that we face on a daily basis. But some are meant to change Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Feb 28, 2013
- Hiking SintraThe day trip to Sintra commences in a very colorful train
on the ride....
40 minutes later: Sintra Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Feb 26, 2013
- Lisbon - seven gorgeous hillsFor some reason, Lisbon has always been a place which I have dreamed of visiting. This year, the dream came true. What a delightful adventure. We took the one direct flight per day straight from Venice to Posted by Brichkline in Off To Italy II | Feb 19, 2013
- Love in Lisbon Well, I have some bad news. The piggies didn't have a lot of time to pack. And, on the morning of Wednesday, February 13th, on their rush to the airport, they seemed to have....forgotten to bring....well, themselves....
I toyed with some Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Feb 16, 2013
- Weekend trips in PortugalYou may be wondering why I haven't posted anything in a while. Well, my traveling has been at little slower for this winter months (the Christmas "holidays" were spent at home). But I've managed to make some short trips near Posted by danics in World Away | Feb 8, 2013
- Familiarizing with LisbonToday we were set on exploring Lisbon. Our first stop was the São Jorge Moorish castle towering above our apartment on a massive hill. We walked through the city and discovered countless Metro stations, Mini Marts, and even some gardens! Posted by Sam Baker in My Awesome O.E. | Jan 27, 2013
- FunchalAnother not too early start if about 10am today. Our second island visit in a row was to Funchal, or funky town as we called it, on the Madeira Islands of Portugal. Really not sure what to expect for this Posted by Claire.Miller in Claire's Euro Trip 2013 | Jan 22, 2013
We caught the 3 hour train from Lisbon to Porto. The view of the river from the train on the way in was stunn Posted by blake-michelle in Blake & Michelle VS The World | Jan 16, 2013
- Feliz Año Nuevo!!Hello again! Hope everyone's holidays were great, I have all sorts of adventures to share with you from the past few weeks, but first, let's talk about Christmas in Porto, Portugal!!
My roommate, Tiago, offered to take me in over the Posted by dclift in Pensamientos Errabundos | Jan 12, 2013
We flew from Amsterdam to Lisbon, a quick express bus ride into town and we finally arrived at our apartment (which by the way is an absolute bargain for 40E a night in the centre of town!). We were Posted by blake-michelle in Blake & Michelle VS The World | Jan 9, 2013
- Lisbon, PortugalThe same architect that designed the Golden Gate Bridge, designed the 25 de Abril Bridge in Lisbon, and if you look between the double posts, you’ll see a difference in how the supports are angled. On top of that, Lisbon Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 9, 2013
- Faro, PortugalFaro is the place that Europeans go in the summer to party on the beach, only we weren’t there in summer - it was late October! It was also All Saints Day (November 1st), so there weren’t many people Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 9, 2013
- Porto, PortugalWe loved how Porto is set up with its many different city scape views. We could have spent each night of an entire month at a different view spot throughout the city and not get bored of the different Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Jan 8, 2013
- Art in MadeiraThe family spent some days in Madeira this Christmas.
Weather was perfect, temperature around 20ºC. I will post shortly some impressions about the island along with some photos.
Overall, and this was our first time in Madeira, the island met or Posted by ACoelho in The world is my oister | Jan 7, 2013
- Happy New Year 2013!Hi Everyone,
First of all, I wish you all a Great 2013, full of good things and new travel around the world.
This year we went out to see the 2012/2013 fireworks in Setubal. Thousands of people enjoyed the show from the Posted by ACoelho in The world is my oister | Jan 1, 2013
- Behold! A new year is here...Last day of 2012.
Fate wanted this day to be rainy, windy, cold and grey here in Porto. Such a contrast to how colorful and warmhearted this year was to me. But as nostalgic as endings can be, this day Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Dec 31, 2012
- Last day in PortugalKim:
After our long drive back from Lourdes to Chaves we had one last day in Portugal to fill. Erin and Allanah were still chasing a mineral spa so our first stop after breakfast at the hotel was a place called Posted by Kimerinallanah in Pinto Family holidays | Dec 24, 2012
- Lisbon and its walking!Another randomly timed entry, so lets begin where I left off!
Madrid, our final day here, very upsetting as it's such a beautiful place but as there wasn't much time for any major activities we decided to walk around the Spanish Posted by abirckel in The World | Dec 19, 2012