- braga to viana do castelo (via ponte de lima)wednesday: we were woken up yesterday am by the noisy french motorhomers, packing up, next to us!
but, lovely sunny day : ) so looking good for our sightseeing day around braga.
p worked all morning, then we had lunch + walked Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 22, 2013
- penha to bragamonday: had a lovely day in guimaraes yesterday, and were v. lucky with the weather too!
walked down through the woods, as were told it would only take about half an hour, after a look at
the stunning view from the Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 20, 2013
- arco de baulhe to penha (for guimaraes)saturday: yesterday was a total wash-out - it literally rained all day! we haven't had a day like that
for a v. long time.
it eventually stopped late eve., and thankfully didn't rain in the night, so we slept a Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 18, 2013
- madalena to arco de baulhe (via amarante)thursday: had a lovely day yesterday - exploring porto in the sunshine : )
got the bus in again, v. busy at the campsite stop, chatted to some irish motorhomers (pretty new to
the game, first motorhome, like us!) while we Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 16, 2013
- luso to madalena (for porto)sunday: scootered into luso yesterday am to check it out - sweet little place! (thermal/spa town),
pretty, nice houses, shops, gardens....
found TO for some info, supermarket for some supplies, little farmers market for some fruit....then
strolled aro Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 12, 2013
- LisboaIn Lisbon we saw the world’s most expensive chapel –the Chapel of St John inside St Roque Church (1574) . It was designed in Rome, blessed by the Pope & shipped to Lisbon in 1747. Think ivory, gold, silver, Posted by vandk in UK & EUROPE HOLIDAY 2013 | May 11, 2013
- LisbonThe train out of Lagos was a little dodgy and I was particularly watchful of my suitcase. The bad economical state of Portugal could definitely be seen in the people on the train. There was a really drunk guy who Posted by Claire.Miller in Claire's Euro Trip 2013 | May 10, 2013
- LagosWe caught the first train to Lagos so we had all that day there and could leave for Lisbon the next morning, but it ended up that Lagos was so nice and we were too tired that afternoon to appreciate Posted by Claire.Miller in Claire's Euro Trip 2013 | May 10, 2013
- figueira da foz to luso (via coimbra)thursday: weather was iffy all am yesterday, rained on and off, so we waited until after lunch to scoot
into town, (and we never managed to walk to the beach).
after another quick chat with our neighbours, janet and david, we Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 9, 2013
- New dawn fades. A broken country. A shattered Europe.
Today is (still) Europe Day. On this day, 63 years ago, Robert Schuman, the French Foreign Minister at the time made a declaration calling for the need to create a new form of organisation Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | May 9, 2013
- PortugalStarted my trip taking a bus far too early in the morning/late at night from Granada to Madrid where my attempt to sleep on the bus left me feeling a little bit off but enjoying life none the less :) Posted by rae.lloydlever in España | May 7, 2013
- redondo to figueira da foz (via batalha)tuesday: weather not so good yesterday, clouded over and even rained a bit! : (
so - we decided not a picnic day really.
pottered all am, then - in aft. - scootered the half hour or so to see Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 7, 2013
- nazare to redondo (via leiria, for tomar)saturday: scooted to alcobaca yesterday aft. to see the monastery there, only about 15 mins. away.
a really amazing, on the world heritage list, place - absolutely massive.
it was lovely and cool in the huge minimal church, and cloisters, and Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 4, 2013
- foz do arelho to nazare (via caldas da rainha)thursday: p decided not to go ahead with the solar panels, as what we were offered in the end was
not what had been discussed previously! : (
we emailed mr jorge to say 'thanks, but no thanks', and then packed up Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 2, 2013
- cascais to foz do arelho (via campelos)tuesday: v. windy all day yesterday so decided to drive the van to sintra, and to do our chores in
town, rather than scoot.
lovely drive through the pine woods up into the clouds. stopped in a small town, san Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Apr 30, 2013
- Over the river to Spain[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/583156/276CD3AC2219 Posted by suziqed in Portugal and Spain 2013 | Apr 28, 2013
- Roman Villa and an evening of fado[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/5831 Posted by suziqed in Portugal and Spain 2013 | Apr 28, 2013
- Buddha Eden Park in the Silver Coast
For those who like chinese culture or just like to see and enjoy those Buddha's images, this is the right place to visit.
The park is situated just 60 km north of Lisbon in Carvalhal Posted by ACoelho in The world is my oister | Apr 28, 2013
- Portuguese guitar music, sangria and five hours of walking
[img=http://p Posted by suziqed in Portugal and Spain 2013 | Apr 25, 2013
- Faro, AlgarveAnother great train ride, this time to Faro. Another beautiful day, as well.
Staying at an Airbnb (www.airbnb.com) property for 30 euros a night. Our 'host' kindly picked us up from the station, gave us a bit of a tour Posted by suziqed in Portugal and Spain 2013 | Apr 24, 2013
- A Flying Visit to Porto
Another beautiful morning as Posted by suziqed in Portugal and Spain 2013 | Apr 24, 2013
- Dawn in London and on to Lisbon
Arriving into Heathrow at 5 am is definitely the best time! Didn't realise it was ever that quiet. Dawn was beautiful as we caught our early flight to Lisbon, and Posted by suziqed in Portugal and Spain 2013 | Apr 24, 2013
- evora to cascais (for lisbon, sintra)wednesday: another relaxed am yesterday, p worked, c pottered etc., then onto the scoot for our
usual aft. whizz around : )
decided to try to 'walk to aquaduct' and find one of the three entrance points off one of the roads
out Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Apr 24, 2013
- elvas to evora (via vila vicosa)friday: lovely day yesterday, exploring elvas.
p didn't have too much work to do in the end, so set off late am....we walked to town as not that far,
took about half an hour.
found a small tourist info. booth Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Apr 19, 2013
- Faro and São Brás de AlportelThe train road down to Faro was rather long as we were pretty much heading vertically down the whole of Portugal. It went through Lisbon again so it was our second time in the city but still haven't seen any Posted by Claire.Miller in Claire's Euro Trip 2013 | Apr 19, 2013