- DAY 24 - Sunday 24th May - Vila Cha to Porto to Vila Nova deWeather - clear blue skies and hot
Nics is up, we shower (pre-warned her of the trick to get the water on) and get ready for the day ahead.
Lost phone update - I open the box Nics bought with her Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 31, 2015
- DAY 23 - Saturday 23rd May - Vila do Conde to Vila ChaWeather - the sun is shining for our visitor, clear stunning blue skies too
Wake up and I'm all excited for our visitors arrival to share Portugal together, my best friend Nics. As much as I love travelling with just Ellie Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 31, 2015
- DAY 22 - Friday 22nd May - Esposende to Vila do Conde (1 dayWeather - the suns out, shorts are on but it is half windy by the coast
I wake up and as I pull down the screens from the windows I see fishermen coming in and off their boats with trays being Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 31, 2015
- DAY 21 - Thursday 21st May - Ponte de Lima to Braga toWeather - the sun is out but definite cold wind by the sea! Braving it in my t-shirt!
Dong, dong, dong...in stereo I hear. So it's 7am and the church bells here deem it a suitable hour to go off to Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 31, 2015
- Provesende - CoimbraI didn't know anything about where the [[http://manhasdouro.pt/homepage-en/|Quinta Manhãs D'Ouro]] was, except that it was 9 km up the hills from Pinhão. It turned out to overlook a medieval village called Provesende: Magellan was born just up the valley. Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | May 30, 2015
- Porto8-15 May
8 May. Left Santiago towards Portugal early to see if distance would get us out of the rain. Alas for most of the journey it wouldn't go away. However once we were about 50 miles from Porto the sun Posted by aireland in Mid Life Gap | May 29, 2015
- Now the fun begins: driving Roman roads in PortugalBefore leaving this part of the world, I really wanted to go further up the river to where the grapes are grown, and because I'd heard that the river itself was worth exploring. There are trains which go up it Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | May 28, 2015
- Those pleasant, thrilling, glorious hoursImagine that one of your favourite bands makes a new album and before showing it to anyone, decides to organize small listening parties for a limited amount of people in only 5 cities around the world? Imagine that one of Posted by ZackMeursault in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | May 28, 2015
- New Year's @ PortoNaturally I visited some libraries during the 10 days or so I was in Porto. The central public library was just a short walk from my first hostel and not much further from my second: I went past it a Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | May 27, 2015
- Madeira (Funchal)We are on the red "Hop On Hop Off" bus in Madeira which is a beautiful city.
We hopped off up top in Restaurante Barcelos having coffees.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/739192/2-harbour Posted by sarahisland in Cape Town to Dublin | May 24, 2015
- LisbonBad things happen is 3s so I guess we are safe - the car accident, getting bumped to coach and falling prey to a very clever pick pocket who took my money but left all my cards and ID. Posted by madrona38 in Kenya and beyond 2011 | May 23, 2015
- DAY 20 - Wednesday 20th May - Braganca to Chaves to Ponte deWeather - Sun is shining but we seem to have a bit of a cold wind. Hit Ponte de Lima and its overcast but warm.
Will the cock-a-doo doo take a doodle jump?! It's morning I get it! And therefore Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 23, 2015
- DAY 19 - Tuesday 19th May - Salamanca to PORTUGAL BragancaWeather - it's overcast so full length jeans are back on but after a long drive the sun is out at the next stop
So that roundabout I parked at to rest my head...well people are certainly up and on the Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 21, 2015
- Porto to TuiWe rise at 8am to pack and get ready for our 10am hotel pick up for the 120km trip north to Tui in Spain, just on the other side of the Portuguese border. We checked out with a heavy Posted by craigdpratt in Father Daughter Camino Pilgrimage | May 21, 2015
- Day Two in PortoHaving spent the Saturday on the tour bus we knew where we wanted to go back to on the second day - we had a 48 hour pass. I woke around 8am and went for a walk along the Posted by craigdpratt in Father Daughter Camino Pilgrimage | May 21, 2015
- Barcelona to Porto, PortugalWe left the hotel at 7.30am and grabbed a taxi for a 20 minute trip to the international airport on a Saturday morning. Buses and the metro cheaper but too risky when you don't know them and need to Posted by craigdpratt in Father Daughter Camino Pilgrimage | May 21, 2015
- More PortoI was initially surprised by the large number of East Europeans I encountered in Porto but eventually it dawned on me that the Portuguese language doesn't sound like the languages used in the neighbouring countries: it has the cadences of Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | May 14, 2015
- Portuguese Camino - Final Mop upKate
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/671372/A_doorknoc.._t_get_away.jpg thumb=http://photos Posted by Chris K in Kate's 60th Birthday Challenge | May 12, 2015
- Faro is far out
A good stop between
Lisbon and Sevilla Spain
Quaint and quieter
Earl of Essex sacked town
And books from Bishop Faro
One book was the first
Printed in Portug Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | May 11, 2015
- Christmas in PortoI'm not quite sure when I formed the plan to spend the Christmas and New Year period in Porto, picked largely because it looked like somewhere I could expect the warmest weather in mid-winter Western Europe. I've run into a Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | May 10, 2015
- Soup of the Day: LisboaWe hoped on a Ryanair jet from Eindhoven, The Netherlands and headed to Lisbon, Spain because we had never been there and it was inexpensive and only a 3 hour flight.
We arriv Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | May 10, 2015
- Portuguese Camino Day 28 - Santiago de Compostela
Lovely lie in on the most wonderful bed. It's 09:07 and I'm only just getting in the shower! Going for breakfast and then........ Not walking more than a few yards today. Going to potter around this lovely old town Posted by Chris K in Kate's 60th Birthday Challenge | May 9, 2015
- Portuguese Camino Day 27 -Santiago de CompostelaSue
Seems to be empty!!!!! Pics of our first sight of Santiago and our military friends who acc Posted by Chris K in Kate's 60th Birthday Challenge | May 8, 2015
- Portuguese Camino Day 27 - Arrival at Santiago de Compostela[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/671372/Wonderful_..d_things__1.jpg thumb=http://photos.travel Posted by Chris K in Kate's 60th Birthday Challenge | May 7, 2015
- Portuguese Camino Day 15 to 26 - Sue's big contribution26.4.15
Lovely day in Porto being a tourist. Some pictures from inside cathedral where we got our pilgrim passports stamped. Other pics from cable car above Douro river and some sangria! Be rude not to!!!!! The bridge is freakin high and Posted by Chris K in Kate's 60th Birthday Challenge | May 7, 2015