- Beach Hopping in the Algarve[float=left][/float]Today we had a brutally early start...8 o'clock. When my dad came in to wake us up I was so tired...Hannah couldn't even get out of Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Dec 11, 2012
- Exploring the AlgarveAbby and I awoke in much more comfortable beds than we had the night previous, and enjoyed our breakfast in the plush and well heated apartment we currently call home. I can't say we're missing our previous address. We planned Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Dec 11, 2012
- First full day in oPortoThis one will just be a quick recap of the day. I will try to come back and colour in some things and add pictures later, we are having trouble getting photos to share between phone and iPad.
On Monday, Erin, Posted by Kimerinallanah in Pinto Family holidays | Dec 11, 2012
- Lisbon to oPortoKim:
The last few days have been a struggle as I have been struck down with a cold. Erin was supposed to have done some blogging but it appears I am the official diarist for the trip. So what has happened?
On Posted by Kimerinallanah in Pinto Family holidays | Dec 11, 2012
- Two Eventful Days in Luz/Lagos[float=left][/float]In the morning Muriel and I let the kids sleep and have a lazy start to the day. In the end they were quite industrious choosing to do a b Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Dec 9, 2012
- Algarve[float=left][/float]We travelled around 450 km today from Coimbra to the village of Luz just outside of Lagos in the Algarve region of Portugal. In ou Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Dec 8, 2012
- Shopping and fado in LisbonKim:
Our second day in Lisbon started reasonably early given the circumstances. Whilst I wrote a blog entry (I can feel the inner frustrated writer emerging) erin walked down to the local shops for some supplies. First and foremost on the Posted by Kimerinallanah in Pinto Family holidays | Dec 8, 2012
- First day in LisbonKim:
We woke early, well rested after a night at the Heathrow Novotel. Still on Melbourne time Erin and I were awake around 4am but feeling ready to complete the last leg of the 'getting there' journey, a 2.5hour flight to Posted by Kimerinallanah in Pinto Family holidays | Dec 6, 2012
- Coimbra, Portugal[float=left][/float]Today was a very enjoyable day, despite overcast skies and a torrent of rain during the last hour of our excursions. Before we set out, we all read the Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Dec 6, 2012
- Garden ShedToday was another travel day, but thankfully it wasn't too long. The trip took about 3 1/2 hours total, but that's including stops and wrong turns. In the morning my parents went on a walk, but were surprised to find Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Dec 5, 2012
- Saying The Right Words To An Angry Customer
When it comes to calming angry customers, a skilful use of language could be very important. Here, we look into the words and phrases most likely to diffuse the situation a Posted by Jetzy's Crib in Verbiage Playbook | Nov 30, 2012
- Away we went. Away we are. Away we go.Over the past few weeks I have been thinking about many things to write about. Here are some of the topics:
- the aftermath of my trip to the USA;
- my move to Porto and all the positive impacts it had Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Nov 16, 2012
- Europe finally! Language skills tested immediately.So we made it. I feel like we just made it through the last scene of Argo (although without the angry men firing at our plane). Many intrepid travellers would have flummoxed at the challenges set in front of us Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Nov 11, 2012
- Bucharest - On my wayI've been quite busy for the last few weeks, but now that I've managed to take advantage of our [still] national holiday and a day off, I'm heading to Romania. While Bucharest may not be the obvious place to go Posted by danics in World Away | Oct 31, 2012
- Sintra, PortugalI'm just waiting now for my night bus that will take me to Seville, Spain. But today I took the day and went out to visit a world heritage site, a little village outside Lisbon called Sintra. It Posted by tristessa27 in A Journey of 1000 Steps | Jan 25, 2011
- Lisbon[img=http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5291/5395041427_6e0df6811e.jpg caption=Lisbo Posted by tristessa27 in A Journey of 1000 Steps | Jan 25, 2011
- The beach in January??Today I had a full day in Lagos, and I'd wanted to come here to check out the red cliffed beaches. Not for swimming, it was cold and rainy! But first I walked around the historic old town. Posted by tristessa27 in A Journey of 1000 Steps | Jan 23, 2011
- Lagos, Portugal I woke up feeling amazing after a deep sleep, ready to get out and explore Faro. I found a cute little cafe and ordered breakfast, and was never so excited by cof Posted by tristessa27 in A Journey of 1000 Steps | Jan 22, 2011
- Vancouver to England to PortugalToday I started my six week journey around Europe!! I woke up to SNOW! And when it snows in Vancouver, the whole city freaks out and shuts down, so not happy... Luckily, there was no flight delays Posted by tristessa27 in A Journey of 1000 Steps | Jan 21, 2011
- Weather affected (Part 2)Another day in Flores, somehow starting to get used to the slow rhythm imposed by the island. It's true what they say: you have to spend some time in a place to absorb its true essence.
In our case, the weather Posted by danics in World Away | Oct 9, 2012
- Weather affectedThis is the story of how I got ´trapped´ by the weather conditions here in Flores Island.
Let me get to beginning of the story. We arrived to Ponta Delgada on Wednesday night, already aware that we were travelling into the Posted by danics in World Away | Oct 6, 2012
- Playing like a rabbit in Lagos, AlgarveYesterday I was surprised by a friend.
Knowing that I was in Lagos for a meeting with a large group of people, we all have been invited for a meal on bord followed by a boat tour to the coastal caves Posted by ACoelho in The world is my oister | Oct 5, 2012
- Leaving on the night train
I guess it could be a book title. Tomorrow, I'll be leaving Santa Apolónia station, on the night train, towards... Well, that's the fun about travelling with Interrail. One Posted by Billabongirl in Citizen of the world | Oct 4, 2012
- Oporto, PortugalNOTE; FOR WHATEVER REASON, LAST BLOG ENTITLED, BOOK FOUR, PARTS OF EUROPE, TURKEY AND MOROCCO, DID NOT AUTOMATICALLY GET SENT TO MY LOYAL READERS. IT FOCUSES ON LISBON, PORTUGAL. PLEASE CHECK IT OUT ON TABLE OF Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Oct 4, 2012
- Book Four: Lisbon and other parts of Europe, Morocco, TurkeyEvery new journey begins with a vision or an idea of what you want to see and where you want to go. For me, it is also what I want to learn, both about the places and the Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Oct 1, 2012