- Garden ShedToday was another travel day, but thankfully it wasn't too long. The trip took about 3 1/2 hours total, but that's including stops and wrong turns. In the morning my parents went on a walk, but were surprised to find Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Dec 5, 2012
- Saying The Right Words To An Angry Customer
When it comes to calming angry customers, a skilful use of language could be very important. Here, we look into the words and phrases most likely to diffuse the situation a Posted by Jetzy's Crib in Verbiage Playbook | Nov 30, 2012
- Away we went. Away we are. Away we go.Over the past few weeks I have been thinking about many things to write about. Here are some of the topics:
- the aftermath of my trip to the USA;
- my move to Porto and all the positive impacts it had Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Nov 16, 2012
- Europe finally! Language skills tested immediately.So we made it. I feel like we just made it through the last scene of Argo (although without the angry men firing at our plane). Many intrepid travellers would have flummoxed at the challenges set in front of us Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Nov 11, 2012
- Bucharest - On my wayI've been quite busy for the last few weeks, but now that I've managed to take advantage of our [still] national holiday and a day off, I'm heading to Romania. While Bucharest may not be the obvious place to go Posted by danics in World Away | Oct 31, 2012
- Sintra, PortugalI'm just waiting now for my night bus that will take me to Seville, Spain. But today I took the day and went out to visit a world heritage site, a little village outside Lisbon called Sintra. It Posted by tristessa27 in A Journey of 1000 Steps | Jan 25, 2011
- Lisbon[img=http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5291/5395041427_6e0df6811e.jpg caption=Lisbo Posted by tristessa27 in A Journey of 1000 Steps | Jan 25, 2011
- The beach in January??Today I had a full day in Lagos, and I'd wanted to come here to check out the red cliffed beaches. Not for swimming, it was cold and rainy! But first I walked around the historic old town. Posted by tristessa27 in A Journey of 1000 Steps | Jan 23, 2011
- Lagos, Portugal I woke up feeling amazing after a deep sleep, ready to get out and explore Faro. I found a cute little cafe and ordered breakfast, and was never so excited by cof Posted by tristessa27 in A Journey of 1000 Steps | Jan 22, 2011
- Vancouver to England to PortugalToday I started my six week journey around Europe!! I woke up to SNOW! And when it snows in Vancouver, the whole city freaks out and shuts down, so not happy... Luckily, there was no flight delays Posted by tristessa27 in A Journey of 1000 Steps | Jan 21, 2011
- Weather affected (Part 2)Another day in Flores, somehow starting to get used to the slow rhythm imposed by the island. It's true what they say: you have to spend some time in a place to absorb its true essence.
In our case, the weather Posted by danics in World Away | Oct 9, 2012
- Weather affectedThis is the story of how I got ´trapped´ by the weather conditions here in Flores Island.
Let me get to beginning of the story. We arrived to Ponta Delgada on Wednesday night, already aware that we were travelling into the Posted by danics in World Away | Oct 6, 2012
- Playing like a rabbit in Lagos, AlgarveYesterday I was surprised by a friend.
Knowing that I was in Lagos for a meeting with a large group of people, we all have been invited for a meal on bord followed by a boat tour to the coastal caves Posted by ACoelho in The world is my oister | Oct 5, 2012
- Leaving on the night train
I guess it could be a book title. Tomorrow, I'll be leaving Santa Apolónia station, on the night train, towards... Well, that's the fun about travelling with Interrail. One Posted by Billabongirl in Citizen of the world | Oct 4, 2012
- Oporto, PortugalNOTE; FOR WHATEVER REASON, LAST BLOG ENTITLED, BOOK FOUR, PARTS OF EUROPE, TURKEY AND MOROCCO, DID NOT AUTOMATICALLY GET SENT TO MY LOYAL READERS. IT FOCUSES ON LISBON, PORTUGAL. PLEASE CHECK IT OUT ON TABLE OF Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Oct 4, 2012
- Book Four: Lisbon and other parts of Europe, Morocco, TurkeyEvery new journey begins with a vision or an idea of what you want to see and where you want to go. For me, it is also what I want to learn, both about the places and the Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Oct 1, 2012
- Back to the middle of Atlantic Ocean
I do not own the rights to this picture - http://www.flickriver.com/photos/28939418@N00/2079030612/
My next stop will be something like this...
Green landscapes, waterfalls, ( Posted by danics in World Away | Sep 27, 2012
- The final days..Awww its gone so quickly now! Just under 2 weeks till i fly home to you all. I have to be honest i am really really excited.. i get some tlc from the fam and i get 2 see my Posted by oxemzxo in Just Getting Started | Sep 22, 2012
- Whats happened in my life soo far..So a couple of weeks ago i was managing fine with a few hotels and looking forward to Helen coming.. and now shes been and gone.. the past week flew by.. we did some awesome things tho :) i think Posted by oxemzxo in Just Getting Started | Sep 10, 2012
- DrumbeatThe drums started as we booked into our hotel in Viana do Castelo, on the mouth of the Rio Lima. We soon found we had arrived on the
last day of a festival which ends with the return of the Posted by woylie in Woylie | Aug 21, 2012
- Cultural musings
There are a disturbing number of beggars, people sleeping in the street plus the weaving mutterers. No hawkers, few buskers. I have just seen my first nun, dressed in the old style, in the cavernous bus station. Unemployment here is Posted by woylie in Woylie | Aug 21, 2012
- Tróia: The "Portuguese Riviera"I spent this weekend mostly doing some house tasks. However, on Sunday, I decided to go visit my parents in Tróia. I took the suburban train to Setubal, where I could catch the ferry-boat to Tróia.
Tróia lies on a peninsula, Posted by danics in World Away | Aug 21, 2012
- In transit to chorizo, red wine...oh and PortugalHere I am in Europe - the next main leg of my trip for a 2 1/2 month period.
Leaving Vietnam behind here I am in the big bad world of full few Europe - after having my daily allowance of Posted by Rosie Anderson in Inked travel musings | Aug 20, 2012
- Beach work out and smurfs.Happy birthday to my baby, baby bro! Missing you loads, especially on your special day. Hope you have a great day and are spoiled rotten. Avoid oversized bear feet and day glow wear and you should have a goodin'.
Due to Posted by fordcrew in 8 Feet & 4 Paw Prints | Aug 19, 2012
- Kulture and easy climbingA short bus trip from Porto and we are ensconced in this lovely inland city, named Europe's city of culture for this year. It is also a UN World Heritage site. We are just outside the walls of the old Posted by woylie in Woylie | Aug 18, 2012