- Faro and São Brás de AlportelThe train road down to Faro was rather long as we were pretty much heading vertically down the whole of Portugal. It went through Lisbon again so it was our second time in the city but still haven't seen any Posted by Claire.Miller in Claire's Euro Trip 2013 | Apr 19, 2013
- PortoSo when we got to Lisbon we had to buy a ticket for Porto as we had decided to go there first. Forgetting the time difference we quickly jumped on what we thought was our 9.30am train. Fortunately someone else Posted by Claire.Miller in Claire's Euro Trip 2013 | Apr 19, 2013
- rosario to elvaswednesday: lovely scootering weather yesterday - really enjoyed our trip out to the local villages of
terena and alandroal.
they were both lovely little places, v. untouristy, and complete with the usual churches and castles
(apparently there are 50+ Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Apr 17, 2013
- beja to rosariosunday: walked back into town yesterday am., after leisurely brekkie. the market around the castle
was a small, local, fruit, veg and flower market essentially – very untouristy. we walked right around
to see what was being sold; massive strawberries, Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Apr 14, 2013
- vila nova de milfontes to bejathursday: weather was not as expected yesterday - the forecast changed! (we hate that!).
gloomy with drizzle all day! no good at all for our planned picnic and walk....the best laid plans and
so, p worked and c pottered, route planning Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Apr 11, 2013
- caldas de monchique to vila nova de milfontes (via silves)sunday: lovely aft. yesterday, really nice to have some sunshine!
scootered to caldas, parked up and then walked around in the valley; lots of little winding pathways,
up into the hills, got some great views over the village and towards the Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Apr 7, 2013
- Porto - Then Goodbye Portugal[[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porto|Porto (or Oporto) ]] is a spectacularly beautiful city. The old original part of the city is built up on the steep banks of the winding Douro River that flows through the town, separating Porto from Villa Nova de Posted by Moshry in The Big Trip | Apr 7, 2013
- Stories from the LavandeiraSo I am currently sitting in a brand new coin/computer operated laundromat blogging. How fun. We spent all of yesterday in the beautiful city of Coimbra. By fluke or sheer genius I'm not sure which, I booked us Posted by Aoshry in The Big Trip | Apr 3, 2013
- olhao to caldas de monchique (for monchique, foia)wednesday: rain stopped, weather improved, p worked in the am yesterday, and then we set off to
see about our boat trip/lunch....
waited on the quay for the man we'd talked to yesterday, with another family (germans, from berlin).
didn't have to Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Apr 3, 2013
- Evora and NazareAfter arriving by scary taxi (about an hour ride), we checked into our hotel that had the old castle-like city walls of [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Évora| Evora]] right off of our balcony.
As an aside, the drivers in Portugal seem either to Posted by Moshry in The Big Trip | Apr 1, 2013
- Don't Rent A Car From Hertz!So you know when you rent a car and the person at the counter starts circling the emergency roadside service number and telling you about the triangles in the trunk and where the emergency vest is located and you know Posted by Moshry in The Big Trip | Apr 1, 2013
- Curse of the GriwaldsSo yesterday morning we finally woke up to some sunshine!!!!!! We decided to take advantage of the weather and set out to do a little horse back riding in the countryside. We arrived at a little stable where Posted by Aoshry in The Big Trip | Mar 31, 2013
- Road TripHi all,
So we had three really nice days in Lisbon. My last entry was when Michael and the kids went to explore and I chilled out for the day. The following day we decided to let the kids Posted by Aoshry in The Big Trip | Mar 29, 2013
- tavira to olhao (for faro)wednesday: had a lovely aft. yesterday - scootered into tavira - a really beautiful place - for lunch
and a look about.
nearly got a parking ticket/fine from an over-zealous portugese traffic policeman (for going the
wrong way down a small Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Mar 27, 2013
- LisbonOur next stop on our trip with Mom and Dad was Lisbon. We arrived kind of late so didn’t get to do much our first night, but we managed to at least get out for some wine and cheese. We Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Mar 19, 2013
- What a difference a day makesHi everyone! Sorry to hear about the massive dump of snow. Just think its almost spring!!!!!
We left Casablanca on the evening on the 22nd to fly to Lisbon. After the usual rigomorole at the airport.......long Posted by Aoshry in The Big Trip | Mar 24, 2013
- lagos to tavira (via estoi)sunday: as the rain stopped yesterday aft. we decided to scoot into luz, blow the cobwebs away!
found a little cafe in the old fort and had a hot choccie watching the rolling waves breaking on the
rocks....then walked along the small Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Mar 24, 2013
- Portugal!Hey guys, its been a few days since I've written about what we are up to so here is a quick update! We spent the last few days in Casablanca just walking around town, touring through the third largest Posted by Eyakiwchuk in This Is Actually Happening...For Real! | Mar 23, 2013
- Weekend in MadeiraI'm writing this post already three months past my visit to Madeira.
We've travelled to the main island in December 26th and stayed in a nice hotel near Funchal, for four days.
The main island is not so big and altough Posted by ACoelho in The world is my oister | Mar 16, 2013
- sagres to lagossaturday: chilled out am yesterday, then got sorted out for our cycle ride to cabo st. vincent.
borrowed the hotel bikes, free for the first 2 hours, then off we went.
6km each way, but very flat, straight roads!
cycled out of Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Mar 16, 2013
- LisbonIt’s a shame I visited Lisbon immediately after Porto. I’m enjoying my memories of the city more retrospectively than when I was actually there. I think I naturally fell into the trap of comparing the two cities and I consequently Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Mar 15, 2013
- quarteira to sagres (via lagos)wednesday: rained most of the am yesterday, but eventually the sun came out!
scootered off to almancil, after lunch, to see the small church there, but arrived too early (closed for
decided to wait, as only about 40 mins., so had Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Mar 13, 2013
- PortoMy next destination in Europe was Portugal, the small country located in the Southwest corner of Europe that came to discover the world and establish the first global empire. I don’t think Portugal has been a country high on Australians’ Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Mar 11, 2013
- isla cristina to quarteira (via moncarapacho)friday: walked into town yesterday aft., when the rain stopped for a bit after we’d had
lunch. lovely walk in – through a wooded area and along the sea front – windy! but exhilarating!
found a very quiet (siesta time), Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Mar 8, 2013
About 20 minutes on the tram took this piggie-less traveler to Belém, a small town (technically a civil parish) famous for their Pastéis de Belém. And this cool tower Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Mar 4, 2013