- To Lisbon first… So it was time for yet another trip and I must say that it has its advantages to travel abroad now during November because it can be incredibly dark, cold and rainy here in Sweden at that time.
Woke up Posted by bejjan in Azores - on horseback | Nov 7, 2016
- Portugal7/11/16 to 21/11/16
Arrived in Porto after a pleasant drive from Salamanca. Continued to pass through hills with eucalypt forests.
Took the direct train to the airport the next day to meet Nick who arrived from Toronto. Great to catch up.
Of Posted by ColleenandTony in Colleen and Tony | Dec 6, 2016
- Atlantas. Sezono sąskaita.
Po dviejų sezonų Viduržemio jūroje mums pagaliau pavyko ištrūkti į Atlantą. Nuo šių metų balandžio iki spalio mėnesio neskubiu ritmu suplaukta 2687 jūrmyli Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Oct 4, 2016
- Going LisbonOur Portuguese public transport skills proved to be up to the challenge, and three hours after leaving Porto we arrived in Lisbon. We even managed to navigate the metro system, changing lines mid-way to get ourselves to the required Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Sep 30, 2016
- A little (s)tartMy journey in May started by flying from London to Lisbon, as my main flight ticket started from there. I stayed one night in Lisbon, and the next day, after a few Portuguese tarts in Belém, Posted by ksbacon in Bacon on the road | Sep 29, 2016
- Funchal - Day 10 Monday, 9/26Funchal is the capital of the Portuguese island of Madeira. It is a lush and mountainous island, located about 350 miles from North Africa. We booked a private tour for our day on Madeira.
Our arrival was delayed Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Barcelona to Barcelona | Sep 27, 2016
- Day 60 Pinhao to Vega de TerronWe had some sleep in time this morning-thanks God as we needed it. We started cruising at 6.30am. This morning was sobbing-much needed and packing. This was a bit tricky as our cabin is rather small . This afternoon we Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 27, 2016
- Port wine in PortoWe woke up in our floral haven one last time on Thursday, finished off our cornflakes and set off for the train. Belinda and Pat headed to the city for some last minute sight seeing, and we stayed on Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Sep 27, 2016
- Day 59 PinhaoWe stayed around Pinhao all day today-no cruising. This morning we visited Mateus Palace which was built in 19th century It is still the home of Cpount someone or other. The faMILY HAVE KEPT IT IN great repair I Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 26, 2016
- Day at Sea - Day 9 Sunday, 9/25To say that we were ready for a day at sea would be an understatement. It was a joy to not set an alarm, and begin a day without a plan, This provided a much needed catch up Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Barcelona to Barcelona | Sep 25, 2016
- Lisbon - Day 8 Saturday, 9/24Beginning at 9 AM, the cruise director narrated our passage from the Atlantic Ocean to the Tagus River, and arrival to the port of Lisbon.
After passing under the bridge (which is a ringer for the Golden Gate Bridge), we viewed Posted by Cybercsp in Sirena Cruise - Barcelona to Barcelona | Sep 24, 2016
- Day 58 REGUA to Pinhao PART way down the steps
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720925/large_9BD0E09C0987538D60A965D0FB531BA4.jpeg caption=Bron and I in front of the tiles at Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 24, 2016
- ADAY 57 ENTRE-OS-RIOS TO REGUA This is my new retirement home comes with 9 hectares of garden
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720925/large_69529205BC61AA948C7298A5756DBC17.jpeg caption= Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 23, 2016
- Day 56- Porto to Entre-os-RiosThis morning we had a bus trip to Guimaraes which was a pristine city. Very pretty and the historical part hadf been kept immaculately . It was about 1hr inland and guess what they trees they planted to reforestation the Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 23, 2016
- Day 54 Porto-Boarding the Ama VidaWell today we had to check out of our lovely hotel in Porto. We stow our bags and headed to the Finicula which takes you up to the township. This 5min trip took up 45minutes of walking uphill through winding Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 20, 2016
- Day. 53. PortoWe walked up to Rue Catalinas to look at the tiled buildings which are part of the outside decorations of the houses all over Porto. Got on hop on hop off and went out to the coast. Lovely part of Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 19, 2016
- DAY 52 PORTOPORTO HAS A DEFINITE MEDITERANEAN FEEL. LOTS OF COBBLED NARROW STREETS. WE WALKED UP AND LOOKED AT 3 CHURCHES THIS MORNING. ALL BAROQUE STYLE AND ORNATE. BUT PART OF THE FUN TODAY WAS NEGOTIATING OUR WAY THROUGH THE Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 18, 2016
- DAY 51 FRANKFURT TO PORTOTHIS WAS A WAITING AT AIRPORT DAY MAINLY. FLIGHT WAS GOOD PRETTY SMOOTH, HAD A MINOR PANIC AT PORTO THOUGHT OUR LUGAGE HADNT ARRIVED, YOU GUESSED IT WE WERE AT THE WRONG LUGGAGE BAY. PORTO IS A VERY OLD CITY Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 17, 2016
- Atlantas. Smėlio kaimas.Olhao pulsuoja visas, nes šiandien šeštadienio turgaus diena. Du didžiuliai raudoni pavlijonai su bokšteliais kampuose, po kiekvienu iš jų - po restoraną. Vienas paviljonas skirtas jūros produktams, kitas - mėsa ir daržovės. Pilnos alėjos kioskų ir pavėsi Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Sep 11, 2016
- West coast wanderingsOur time in the wonderful land of Portugal began as a bit of a challenge. We'd located the camp site we were going to stay at and had plugged the location into our GPS. So when it told us to Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | Sep 5, 2016
- Porto to Salamanca - Wednesday, 20 July 2016Hotel - Hotel Hospes Palacio De San Estaban, Arroyo de Santo Domingo, 3, Salamanca - Room 403
We experienced a Port tasting at Sandeman in Porto before we left for Salamanca. The House of Sandeman was founded in London in Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Aug 17, 2016
- Lisbon to Porto - Tuesday, 19 July 2016Hotel - Sheraton Hotel Porto, Porto Room 1102
Today we were given a little sleep in and don't have to be on the bus until 9.30 am. Everyone was very happy about that! Most people from the French Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Aug 17, 2016
- Lisbon - Monday, 18 July 2016Hotel - Intercontinental Hotel Lisbon, Rua Castilho 149, Lisbon Room1014
This morning we did a city tour with our local guide Isabel. It is a very beautiful city. The pavements are stunning, especially this wavy one on the Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Aug 16, 2016
- Day 12: The Flat of Anonymous Portraits in BrusselsDay 12 would be a day predicated on precise timing. My flight to Brussels leaves at 3:30, and prior to that I want to take in the [[http://www.museudofado.pt/|Fado Museum]]. My Airbnb host Pedro comes by at 11am to clean the Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Aug 14, 2016
- Day 11: Lisbon, My Way*ARGHHH. I’m writing this from the plane and have to type this entry out again after not saving it and typing another entry in the same document. Will have to try approximate what I already wrote. #ANNOYING
After a reassuring check Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Aug 9, 2016