- Belem and LisbonThe bus trip to Lisbon was 7:30 hrs so we decided on a 2 hr bus trip to Faro, lunch in Faro and then a 3:30 train ride to Lisbon - all very civilised
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/330645/Lisbon_-_w..Sao_Jorge_4.jpg thumb=http://photos.travelle Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2016 - Spain & Portugal | Mar 17, 2016
- Day 5 with Leo: Lookin at you LisbonAnd towards the big city we went! Might have set off some alarms as we panicked trying to decide which toll we should go through...finally made it across to the park where our expensive campsite was. Once showered and sandwiches Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Mar 15, 2016
- Porto FinaleI'm sat here enjoying a glass of very good Douro red wine, a Symington, after a lovely meal cooked by Jacqui, having watched a not bad sunset; Kevin has just admonished me for not blogging, so here goes.
Jord has gone Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Mar 11, 2016
- Day 4 with Leo: A Range of EmotionsWoke up early to parked right along the coastline for brekky. Was a gorgeous view, and once full with eggs and beans we went down the windy stairs to the beach and found some cabins clinging onto the cliffs. [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/767365/2 Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Mar 11, 2016
- Day 3 with Leo: Coastal ExplorationPacked up, we drove along the Algarve coast, thru industrial Lagoa and stoped in sleepy Lagos. We lunched along the sandy but windy beach and explored all the trinket stores (main stores never open on a Sunday).
[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Mar 11, 2016
- Chapter 64: Faro, Portugal (Workaway #2)We arrived in the tiny city of Faro, the capital city of the Algarve region by bus and were warmly greeted by our new family. We could instantly tell we were going to enjoy working for Cristiana and Pedro. They Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Mar 6, 2016
- Porto Episode IOur first visit to the city took in the central parts with the old market, currently being rebuilt, the cathedral and the wide avenues. It certainly looked like it could do with some TLC. But great buildings, more churches and Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Feb 26, 2016
- Grumpy in PortugalWe got to a small campsite on the coast down an 8 km cobbled road, great in the van. There we stayed for 3 nights in a abysmal weather, very friendly site people and we got a bucket for €,2 Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Feb 24, 2016
- A week travelling in PortugalAfter Nazare we travelled to a place recommended by some other travellers. Buddha Eden is a vineyard and outdoor art space, really impressive and confusing at the same time, but I don't know if we are supposed to understand Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Feb 13, 2016
- Into PortugalSo we left Caceres for a little drive in the sun into Portugal with the idea of stopping at an aire halfway in. We stopped at a place called Abrantes at a free aire by a river and a sweet Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Feb 7, 2016
- I'm supposed to be packing
This is my view from the living room ... it calls to me ... don't pack that suitcase, check those train/plane t Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 29, 2016
- Pedro and the Grotto Gang Strikes Again!The pictures are all the words needed!
[img= Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 27, 2016
- Golf & ChurchThe men headed to the golf course; Mary Fern and I explored Lagos. We started our exploration using a public bus. We had a bus schedule, we sorta figured out the closest stop (but arrived 10 mins early ... just Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 27, 2016
- From Ocean to Mountains to Ocean
Raining - no golf so we're off to Monchique; a spa town in the Serra de Monchique mountains - about 45 mins from Lagos (we're all in agreement; no more than an hour in a car; not Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 26, 2016
- Down DayThis was our day of leisure; staying close to the villa - long walks on the beach; needlepoint, beading, reading ... beautiful morning but by afternoon; strong gusts of wind off the ocean and the fog moved in. PB & Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 26, 2016
- Market DayA Fine Beginning - from the balcony
Market wasn't quite as expected. Based on our previous combined experiences ... in other countries ... we're expecting a moveable store of Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 24, 2016
- The Boys Go to Church
Giving Thanks After Being Lost in Silves
Big decision of the day ... will the clouds break, should we head for the harbor and try the grotto boat tour ... or is it going to ke Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 22, 2016
- The Rain in Algarve Falls Mainly on the ....Ok, so maybe my phrasing isn't so catchy as My Fair Lady but yes - a rainy night and morning. The sky & ocean were silvery.
After coffee before the morning walk.
[img=http://photos. Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 21, 2016
- The Rest of the Journey in Lagos(pronounced Laaa-goosh)
Modern building on way to train station
The Oriente train station has to be seen to be believed. It soars in every direction, bringing to mind the ease of Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 16, 2016
- Ota - Lisbon - Arlanda[center][/center]
Last breakfast. Many of us had early flights to catch so we ate at 7 am already. We wrote in the guestbook and paid our depts for water and the cab ride to Óbidos. Posted by bejjan in Dressage on Lusitano Stallions | Apr 27, 2013
- Birthday at Quinta do Archino Breakfast at 8 am. By now we knew the breakfast buffet by heart and we also had learned how to manage the toaster which threw the toasts straight up in the air when the toasts were ready. Not that it Posted by bejjan in Dressage on Lusitano Stallions | Apr 26, 2013
- Quinta do Archino Breakfast was ready at 8 am as all the other days. Different kind of bread but otherwise the same. According to the weather forecast the temperature would get up to +25 centigrade and basically cloud free – great!
[center][img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by bejjan in Dressage on Lusitano Stallions | Apr 25, 2013
- Trip to ÓbidosBreakfast at 8 am as usual. Today we had riding lesson in the morning and the afternoon was free for other activities. Yesterday we had decided to order a taxi to Óbidos and later a trip to the Atlantic Ocean Posted by bejjan in Dressage on Lusitano Stallions | Apr 24, 2013
- Quinta do Archino – jeep safari I slept a little better this night. After yesterdays two tough dressage lessons I started to feel my abs and that I had worked with my seat, which by the way was the goal for this trip :) Breakfast was Posted by bejjan in Dressage on Lusitano Stallions | Apr 23, 2013
- Quinta do ArchinoWoke up in time for breakfast at 8 am. Many kinds of white bread, fruits, cheese, ham, marmalade, coffee, tea, yoghurt and milk were served. A steady breakfast in other words. At 9 am it was time for our first Posted by bejjan in Dressage on Lusitano Stallions | Apr 22, 2013