- The degeneration of parental standardsWhen we started out in Istanbul, we took the kids out to cafes and we drank elmer cay (apple tea).
In Kalymnos, we had beer/wine with our pita gyros, while Rosie had lemonade and Ben tri Posted by SamSueEurope in Keep up - an Australian family odyssey | Sep 6, 2014
- Portugal - queuing, Colares, coastline and Cabo de RocaToday was a travelling day - only 45 km mind you, but these things take time, particularly in Portugal where queuing appears to be the Number 1 national pastime (with completing paper-work a close second).
Despite getting up specially early Posted by SamSueEurope in Keep up - an Australian family odyssey | Sep 8, 2014
- Step Into My OfficeDay 2: Lisbon
So in the morning we started with a 3 hour walking tour of Lisbon. This was great and in particular I enjoyed any occasion where we could see great views over Lisbon:
[i Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 8, 2014
- How to make Red Sangria (alcaholic) and Lemonade==How to make Red Sangria and Lemonade==
The other day we went to a bar and Ben and I had Lemonade and Mum and Dad had Red Sangria. Ben and I sat at the bar so we saw the man make Posted by SamSueEurope in Wait for me - long walks with short legs | Sep 8, 2014
- Sunshine in LisbonDay 1: Arrived in Lisbon.
BBC weather and the EasyJet air steward both had me convinced it was going to be raining when I landed. But, as soon as I stepped off the plane, it was glorious. This photo was taken Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Sep 8, 2014
- Lisbon street artWe have now been 5 days in Lisbon and tomorrow (now today the 8th Sept) we head for Colares where we have a house rented for the next 10 days. We are all looking forward to getting some good sleep Posted by SamSueEurope in Keep up - an Australian family odyssey | Sep 7, 2014
- PortoBack on the tour trail today. First stop was Braga and a bit more ABC, Bom Jesus Sanctuary. Set at the top of a hill with lovely views. The Catholics raved about it.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700609/32B503ECAA15D0250C449E6134B8CE77.jpg thum Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 7, 2014
The morning in Porto was taken up with the usual reconnoiter of the city. We are shown around the main landmarks so we get an idea how to navigate the city. One of the landmarks was a bookshop, Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 7, 2014
- PortoAway early this morning for Porto. 3 days there. On the way there we stop in Obidos, small medieval town and Nazare, a fishing village.
Obidos was very bust with tourists. It is a well maintained walled town on Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 5, 2014
- Lisbon and Cascais
[b][i]I've never been more excited to find an Apple authorized retailer. My Dad and tech friends would be so proud. With the freedom to download photos, sweet vic Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 4, 2014
- LisbonIt's a day to ourselves today so we planned a walking tour of Lisbon in the morning. We were up and out by 9:00. Caught the local bus to the city centre. We are about 5 k's out. Without Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 4, 2014
We had a tour of the palace in Sintra this morning. Sintra is a town in the hills near Lisbon. The palace was the summer home of the Portuguese aristocracy. Much cooler, 19 degrees. Was raining in parts. Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 3, 2014
- Weekend in Alcochete (Lisbon Area) - PortugalAlcochete is a great village to spent the weekend, quite place, good food, friendly people.
How to get there
From Lisbon, Oriente Railway/Bus/Metro Station
437; 432; 431
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/695699/lo Posted by adventurist in Adventurist | Sep 3, 2014
- PortugalSea Day - We started the day with brunch, and then the ship's captain joined in what seems to have gone viral worldwide, the ice bucket challenge. Warwick also decided that he would do it. He's had a bit of Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Sep 3, 2014
- Portugal and my First Portuguese Meal 9/2/14 at 1446 (Lisbon time)
People watching on the way to Lisbon . . .
The tall Ecuadorian man who boarded the plane in lime green pants, a bolero hat, an intense masculine stare, and a baby girl pink Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 2, 2014
- LisbonWe were up early for walk before we had to depart for Lisbon. We did the whole circumnavigation of the wall. 1 hour easy walk.
Lisbon was a 2 hour bus ride. Our guide filled us in on the Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 2, 2014
- Lisbon, Portugal!
With the help of a few locals, I finally found my AirBNB rental. Rita and her husband Marco are exceptionally sweet and welcoming, and had a cup of fresh tea wa Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 2, 2014
- Evora, PortugalEvora is a lovely little walled town in Portugal. UNESCO world Heritage listed. We were up early for a walk before breakfast and walked half of the circumference without getting lost. Hotel is excellent, our room Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 2, 2014
- Coisas que acontecem na Tasca do Sr. António...Como de costume, vou diariamente beber o meu cafezinho à hora de almoço ao Tasco do Sr. António.
Peço o meu café, dou uma espreitadela no noticiário, trocamos algumas opiniões sobre a atualidade e lá vou eu á minha vidinha.
Por vezes Posted by adventurist in Adventurist | Sep 1, 2014
- Evora via Merida and EstremozWe were up early for walk around the. City. It is a good time to explore as it is quiet and cool. Plus we need the exercise, all the eating and drinking is taking a toll. We were a Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 1, 2014
- The beginning of a spiritual upriseTwo years ago today I landed in Porto back from my 50 day trip across United States. It was also the first day of a new period in my life, the one I'm still living nowadays.
I guess that everyone's lives Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Aug 30, 2014
- Mais um dia de treino.. (continuação)O regresso a casa... ao anoitecer
Atravessando a ponte ferroviária de Cruz Quebrada
Posted by adventurist in Adventurist | Aug 29, 2014
- Mais um dia de treino.. De forma a preparar-me para a viagem Lisboa-Albufeira, para além de todos os dias fazer trajecto casa-trabalho de bicicleta (8km), Tento uma vez por semana percorrer uma distância maior.
Desta feita, desde a Avenida da Liberdade até Paço de Posted by adventurist in Adventurist | Aug 28, 2014
- O Turismo e a Tensão InternacionalRecordemo-nos do que aconteceu com o turismo do Egipto, ou até com os estranhos desastres de aviação consecutivos na Ucrânia...
Passagem do livro "História do Cerco de Lisboa", d Posted by adventurist in Adventurist | Aug 27, 2014
- Bem vindos ao Adventurist! O presente blog foi criado com o intuito de poder partilhar as minhas experiências de viagens, bem como conselhos e dicas.
Atualmente estou a planear uma viagem de bicicleta desde Lisboa até Albufeira, a solo.
Quando em viagem, tentarei sempre deixar Posted by adventurist in Adventurist | Aug 24, 2014