- LisbonIt's a day to ourselves today so we planned a walking tour of Lisbon in the morning. We were up and out by 9:00. Caught the local bus to the city centre. We are about 5 k's out. Without Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 4, 2014
We had a tour of the palace in Sintra this morning. Sintra is a town in the hills near Lisbon. The palace was the summer home of the Portuguese aristocracy. Much cooler, 19 degrees. Was raining in parts. Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 3, 2014
- Weekend in Alcochete (Lisbon Area) - PortugalAlcochete is a great village to spent the weekend, quite place, good food, friendly people.
How to get there
From Lisbon, Oriente Railway/Bus/Metro Station
437; 432; 431
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/695699/lo Posted by adventurist in Adventurist | Sep 3, 2014
- PortugalSea Day - We started the day with brunch, and then the ship's captain joined in what seems to have gone viral worldwide, the ice bucket challenge. Warwick also decided that he would do it. He's had a bit of Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Sep 3, 2014
- Portugal and my First Portuguese Meal 9/2/14 at 1446 (Lisbon time)
People watching on the way to Lisbon . . .
The tall Ecuadorian man who boarded the plane in lime green pants, a bolero hat, an intense masculine stare, and a baby girl pink Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 2, 2014
- LisbonWe were up early for walk before we had to depart for Lisbon. We did the whole circumnavigation of the wall. 1 hour easy walk.
Lisbon was a 2 hour bus ride. Our guide filled us in on the Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 2, 2014
- Lisbon, Portugal!
With the help of a few locals, I finally found my AirBNB rental. Rita and her husband Marco are exceptionally sweet and welcoming, and had a cup of fresh tea wa Posted by WanderingWorld in Enjoying the Banquet | Sep 2, 2014
- Evora, PortugalEvora is a lovely little walled town in Portugal. UNESCO world Heritage listed. We were up early for a walk before breakfast and walked half of the circumference without getting lost. Hotel is excellent, our room Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 2, 2014
- Coisas que acontecem na Tasca do Sr. António...Como de costume, vou diariamente beber o meu cafezinho à hora de almoço ao Tasco do Sr. António.
Peço o meu café, dou uma espreitadela no noticiário, trocamos algumas opiniões sobre a atualidade e lá vou eu á minha vidinha.
Por vezes Posted by adventurist in Adventurist | Sep 1, 2014
- Evora via Merida and EstremozWe were up early for walk around the. City. It is a good time to explore as it is quiet and cool. Plus we need the exercise, all the eating and drinking is taking a toll. We were a Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 1, 2014
- The beginning of a spiritual upriseTwo years ago today I landed in Porto back from my 50 day trip across United States. It was also the first day of a new period in my life, the one I'm still living nowadays.
I guess that everyone's lives Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Aug 30, 2014
- Mais um dia de treino.. (continuação)O regresso a casa... ao anoitecer
Atravessando a ponte ferroviária de Cruz Quebrada
Posted by adventurist in Adventurist | Aug 29, 2014
- Mais um dia de treino.. De forma a preparar-me para a viagem Lisboa-Albufeira, para além de todos os dias fazer trajecto casa-trabalho de bicicleta (8km), Tento uma vez por semana percorrer uma distância maior.
Desta feita, desde a Avenida da Liberdade até Paço de Posted by adventurist in Adventurist | Aug 28, 2014
- O Turismo e a Tensão InternacionalRecordemo-nos do que aconteceu com o turismo do Egipto, ou até com os estranhos desastres de aviação consecutivos na Ucrânia...
Passagem do livro "História do Cerco de Lisboa", d Posted by adventurist in Adventurist | Aug 27, 2014
- Bem vindos ao Adventurist! O presente blog foi criado com o intuito de poder partilhar as minhas experiências de viagens, bem como conselhos e dicas.
Atualmente estou a planear uma viagem de bicicleta desde Lisboa até Albufeira, a solo.
Quando em viagem, tentarei sempre deixar Posted by adventurist in Adventurist | Aug 24, 2014
- Made it to Cascais!Emirates flight was excellent. The crew were from many different countries, and the pilot was English. He put the Airbus down so gently there was hardly a bump! Food was good, too.
The Airbnb apartment in Cascais is great. Catarina, the Posted by suziqed in Portugal and Spain 2014 | Aug 19, 2014
- Brisbane to Cascais, PortugalLeaving tonight for Portugal via Dubai. Flying Emirates - 14.5 hours to Dubai, then another 8.5 hours to Lisbon, after a 1.5 hour stop-over. Reach Lisbon at 12:45, and hopefully get to the apartment in Cascais by 14:30.
Catarina is picking Posted by suziqed in Portugal and Spain 2014 | Aug 12, 2014
- Last Full Day in Portugal Today we took a day trip outside of Lisbon to a smaller city called Sintra. It was an awesome town, and Neal and I liked it much more than Lisbon. We only saw two of their sites, and Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 7, 2014
- Lisbon Second Full Day Today we had planned to go to Sintra, which is a day trip outside the city...but a rainy forecast made us switch our plans. We were not really wanting to leave the city the day before our flight Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 6, 2014
- First Full Day in Lisbon Today wasn't as eventful as yesterday, but we pretty much went to the other side of town and went to a science museum. We wanted to give Grant an opportunity to see what they had here, and he really Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 5, 2014
- Goodbye Spain, Hello Portugal Whew. We are safely locked into our apartment, so no worries, but we are less at ease in Portugal. There are some rough looking characters and delapidated areas for sure. But, our transistion to Lisbon went well, Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 4, 2014
- Summer 201420th - 25th June
We flew from Marrakech via Madrid into Porto. A cab driver needed the assistance of a passer-by. who actually joined us in the taxi for the last part of the journey, then deposited us to the apartment Posted by Patrick H. in Patrick Hillman's Travels | Jul 2, 2014
- Week 9: Picturesque PortugalThis week started with a sad goodbye to Emilia in Vale, then a couple of hour drive down to Porto to pick up Jo from the airport. Emilia is originally from Porto so we felt like we had quite a Posted by Andrew and Lisa in Andrew & Lisa's european adventure | Jun 8, 2014
- Week 8: The idyllic northern hills of PortugalWeek 8 seemed to have a heavy food focus...
We started the week by cooking a 'meal from our country' this consisted of seafood chowder, home made bread, roast NZ lamb, roast kumara, roast potatos, NZ wine and finally a Posted by Andrew and Lisa in Andrew & Lisa's european adventure | Jun 2, 2014
- A scenic daily commuteI commute everyday between Porto, where I live and Santa Maria da Feira, where I work. I have to use my car and I am fortunate enough to have a work schedule which allows me to avoid all traffic jams Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | May 27, 2014