- Porto: Tapas, Tawny, TilesAnother Ryanair trip is in the books. This one was with our awesome friends Kate and TW and Casey. What a fun group of people. Sometimes, all the pieces are right for a great trip.
It is only fitting that we Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Feb 9, 2014
- PORTUGAL Part Quatro
After experiencing the capital of Portugal and realising how amazing a major city in Portugal could be we were even more excited for Porto as it is known for its street beauty, Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Jan 19, 2014
- PORTUGAL Part Três
After our awe inspiring Sintra adventure it was time to make our way to the western coastline of Portugal to get in some of our last beach time for the summer before our last stop in Por Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Jan 17, 2014
- PORTUGAL Part Dois
Sintra is a place neither of us will ever forget and is the type of place where words do absolutely no justice. If you ever wondered what it would be like if you fell down Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Jan 12, 2014
- PORTUGAL Part Um
If you read our last blog post you would know that we could not get out of our Cadiz accommodation fast enough so we booked the earliest bus we could and hightailed it back to Seville fro Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Jan 5, 2014
- 2009 A3 NCL GEM - TRANSATLANTIC - AZORES & LISBON===AZORES - MID ATLANTIC===
IT WILL BE NICE TO JUST GET OFF THE BOAT HERE, GO FOR A WALK AND STRETCH MY LEGS. MAYBE GET A HAIRCUT.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_D Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 10, 2013
- Madeira Trip 2013 - PhotosI've decided to make a different report this time on our Madeira trip.
So try to come up with the narrative to this pictures :)
[im Posted by danics in World Away | Nov 29, 2013
- Adventures before the crack of dawnIt was an early start, very early in fact, it was before sunrise. Jackie and myself were getting ourselves ready and dressed to go out. We had originally planned to leave with a number of us, but as expected it Posted by jtontheroad in The somewhat memorable adventures of jt | Nov 10, 2013
- The Lighthouse at the End of the World“Shiver me timbers boy,” said Long John Silver to young Jim Hawkins as they set sail westerly for Hispaniola and the Spanish Main. “Look hard on that thar land, for ’tis likely the last bit ’o land you’ll ever set Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 1, 2013
- Lisbon – Vasco de Gama Iz ’EreIn 1497 while Christobal Colon (Christopher Columbus to you) was still bragging that he had found India in the Caribbean Sea, Portuguese sailor, Vasco de Gama, took a southerly tack around Cape Horn and found India precisely where it still Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Oct 28, 2013
- Sintra - Castles in the Air
High above the clouds on a mountain overlooking a distant Lisbon is the royal palace of Pena - claimed to be one of the most romantic places on earth. Originally a Moorish fortress, it bec Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Oct 26, 2013
- Picture Perfect Ōbidos We are wending our way south as we try to keep ahead of winter but there could be some stormy times over the next few days. Residents of west coast communities know well the unpredictability of a marine environment, but Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Oct 24, 2013
- Madeira Trip 2013Many people I know often ask me "Why do you go to Madeira every year?"
I often tell you "I cannot explain the magic of Madeira. You have to come with me so I can show you"
The tradition started a [[http://danics.travellerspoint.com/19/|few Posted by danics in World Away | Oct 22, 2013
- A Sunny Portuguese Sunday We’ve been spectacularly fortunate with the weather since we arrived in soggy Santiago a week ago. It has certainly rained – poured on occasions – but only at night or when we’ve been travelling. Our arrival in the ancient city Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Oct 21, 2013
- A River of WinePort may put on a suave, sophisticated face, but it engenders frivolity in both young and old because of its sweetness and hidden strength. Stereotypically, port is imbibed by elderly aunts and aging grannies (purely for medicinal purposes) or given Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Oct 19, 2013
- Poor PortoThanks to the British aristocracy’s love of port wine in the mid 1800s, Porto (also called Oporto) became one of the most splendid cities in Europe. It had magnificent waterfront buildings…
Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Oct 18, 2013
- Trip 2013 [img= Posted by Annette-Bob in Trip 2013 | Oct 14, 2013
- Portuguese FoodFried Steak: Though not particularly exotic, fried steak with egg and chips is apparently fairly typical Portuguese cuisine. Unfortunately frying in lots of oil leaves the steak fairly greasy and mushy.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/484888/po Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Sep 28, 2013
- Portugal 2nd SeptemberMissing out on the humongous Oceanographic in Valencia, we attempted repent by visiting the Lisbon Oceanarium. There was a temporary exhibition of sea turtles.
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Sep 27, 2013
- Portugal 1st SeptemberSintra is a short train ride from Lisbon, an area bountiful in Castles, Palaces, and the like.
[img=http://phot Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Sep 26, 2013
- Portugal 31st AugustHeading out of the city centre the day was dedicated to the beach. Despite using sunscreen, I ended up with some of the worst sunburn I’ve endured in all my alabaster epidermis’d life.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/484888/portugal_day_3__14_. Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Sep 25, 2013
- Portugal 30th AugustFirst stop was the somewhat deserted Flower Market, which in actuality was more of a fish market.
[img=http://ph Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Sep 24, 2013
- Peppy Portugal 29th August
Flight day from Valencia to Lisbon, capital of Portugal. As we were about to find out over the next few days, Lisbon was a cool laid back city that was cheap to boot. This bug we saw was loving Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Sep 23, 2013
- PORTO. "The Unvanquished City".[center][/center]
[center](picture taken from the internet)[/center]
The first time I moved do Porto was 12 years ago. In late September 2001, as an 18 year old Law School freshman I rent Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Oct 2, 2013
- Vila Real de Santo AntónioThe easiest way to get to Seville in Spain from Lisbon in Portugal was to take a bus to the south, then transfer to a Spanish bus company.
We made the most of it and stayed in a seaside town. Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Sep 17, 2013