- More LagosSadly, Sebastian returned home this morning, taking the car back to Lisbon.
The guest house I am in is around 15 minutes walk from the centre, so I wandered into town around noon.
I needed a new set of waterproof headphones as Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 2, 2015
- LagosSebastian and I decided to take a kayak tour this morning.
The coast around Lagos is riddled with cliffs and caves, which we explored.
There were lots of opeople, on our tour, and others, the lazy ones in power boats.
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 2, 2015
- Lisbon to LagosMy bags turned up 24 hours after I did, along with a terrible smell.
We had a late dinner (including more Portugese tarts) last night in the old town of Lisbon, catching the number 15 tram each way.
There are larger trams Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Aug 31, 2015
- LisbonGetting into the groove of late dinners from the first day, easy because my body clock is still adjusting.
I woke up this morning at 4.30, thought it was 5.30 & started reading. Fortunately, i got a couple more hours sleep.
A Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Aug 30, 2015
- Arrived28 hours after leaving Melbourne, I'm in Lisbon.
Unfortunately, Etihad delayed the departure of my flight from Abu Dhabi to Paris to wait for some connecting passengers who had been delayed by weather.
45 minutes late taking off and 30 minutes late Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Aug 29, 2015
- The Bottles are Rattling, pt. 3Seville is everything a city should be. It is walkable, bikable, food is incredible, and awesome architecture is everywhere. We spent most of our first day there just exploring the city by bike. We looked up the hop-on/hop-off bus tour, Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Aug 28, 2015
- Portugal producesOur third day started with all of us having to be downstairs at 9.30am for our kayaking trip, while this doesn’t sound that early a lot of people struggled with it as they were either still drunk or the hangover Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Aug 23, 2015
- Our Iberian adventure beginsToday our Iberian Adventure started, it will take us to Portugal and Morocco in Africa. It will keep us busy for the next week. We left at 7.30 am and it is the first time we have been up before Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Aug 22, 2015
- Life as a constellation mapTomorrow I fly to Ljubljana to start my one month roadtrip that represents a celebration for the past decade. Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia, Serbia, Hungary, Poland, Lithuania, Germany, Netherlands and/or others too. Thousands of miles to make and Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Jul 30, 2015
- PORTUGALFriday we got to skip classes to go to Portugal, and we got on the bus bright and early at 9:30am. The bus ride took upwards of four hours, not accounting for a 30-minute snack break. At the border, they Posted by sierralove95 in Study Abroad 2015- Spain & travels | Jul 21, 2015
- Day 11 – Tuesday, 7 July 2015Before I start today’s exciting recount, let me tell you about Uncle Bill’s experience in the bath at the Intercontinental Lisbon. On our first night at the hotel, Bill was having a shower and scrubbing his feet. He thought he Posted by gpric6 in Spain | Jul 7, 2015
- Day 10 - Monday 6 July 2015Intercontinental Lisbon put on a beautiful breakfast. Many of the staff speak English and are only too happy to do so. The city as I have probably said was raised to the ground on 1 November 1755. Half of its Posted by gpric6 in Spain | Jul 6, 2015
- Day 9 - Sunday 5 July, 2015Today was very special. It was our first visit to Portugal. We crossed the border around 10am and we gained an hour.
Our first stop was at a seaside town of Tavira (region of Algarve) and it was a bit of Posted by gpric6 in Spain | Jul 5, 2015
- My Life in a Suitcase- the start!On the 4th January 2015 I decided to leave Portugal. It was time. I had lived there for 5+ years. The lessons learnt had been deeply precious, but deeply painful. They weren't getting easier. So it was time to leave. Posted by LifeInASuitcase in My Life in a Suitcase! | Jun 29, 2015
- Lisbon Love AffairRome has always been my favorite city in the world - the food, the unexpected surprises around every corner, the ability to walk for miles and always discover something new right around the corner, the history, the whatever it is Posted by Restless Mama in From the Alentejo to Andalucia | Jun 20, 2015
- Last Days in LisbonI suppose it all had to come to an end, it couldn't go on forever. And so our journey comes to a close in the place it all began, Lisbon. We packed our bags, ate everything left in Posted by Restless Mama in From the Alentejo to Andalucia | Jun 20, 2015
- The Atlantic coastSo, we hired a car and headed for the Coast. First stop was ericeira, a beautiful small village west of Lisbon on the coast. Very Mediterranean looking, with white buildings topped In blue rooftops, and tiled walls. Lovely. Then up Posted by Mapstat in Around the world in 42 days | Jun 19, 2015
- All is violent, all is forgiven
In days like today, I forgive you Portuga Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Jun 17, 2015
- LisbonI was only really in Lisbon to catch a train, and did very little thinking about what I'd do for the few days I had to wait for it. Nonetheless, I found enough to keep me so busy that I Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jun 15, 2015
- From the Alentejo to AndaluciaThe car was all packed up, the cats were fed the leftovers and their water bowl had been filled. They'd adopted the house and we became very attached over the preceding week. I was stalling. But it Posted by Restless Mama in From the Alentejo to Andalucia | Jun 12, 2015
- Praia OdeceixeIf someday I run away from home, this where you'll find me, ensconced at a cafe table sipping cafe com laite and eating pastel de nata. I wanted so much to come here, and I couldn't articulate why, but Posted by Restless Mama in From the Alentejo to Andalucia | Jun 11, 2015
- Barragem Santa ClaraAfter much discussion with Manuel over the fixing of the car, we realized we'd be without a car for the day tomorrow. Our host had left a suggestion to check out a nearby reservoir, Barragem Santa Clara, so off Posted by Restless Mama in From the Alentejo to Andalucia | Jun 11, 2015
- Horseback riding in the Algarve (Aljezur)Today my husband was stressing out about the big old dent in the side of the car. "They're going to charge us 400 euro to fix that." "We need to fix that." "Ok, but today we are Posted by Restless Mama in From the Alentejo to Andalucia | Jun 9, 2015
- Waterparks, oh my!I can see where this might be an usual stop on a tour through Portugal, but I've raised 2 water babies and there's nothing they like more than a day on the slides. So, off we went to Posted by Restless Mama in From the Alentejo to Andalucia | Jun 9, 2015
- Lisbon, PortugalAfter the 10.5 hour flight from Sao Paulo to Lisbon i am very tired so i am going to go to bed for the remainder of the day even though it is only 6pm. The Flight between the two countries Posted by Adam46 in Dream Trip | Jun 8, 2015