- LisbonLisbon is an interesting city. The capital of Portugal, it has Moorish and Roman ruins, cathedrals and the streets are lined with the types of cafes you daydream about when imagining an escape to Europe. It is also Posted by kgula in Kurt and Karly's Honeymoon | Mar 29, 2016
- Porto, Costah & HazulIt was a cold, grey, wet start to our first full day in Porto (it goes without saying it was windy too - everywhere we've been in Portugal has been windy).
After a slow start we headed out to see Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 29, 2016
- Another day, another city ...Today was once again largely a travel day. After a bit of a sleep-in and bidding farewell to our lovely host Burghard, we headed off to the station to catch the train back to Lisbon and then on to Porto, Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 28, 2016
- Sintra's sights and sunWe were very excited to wake up to blue sky this morning and only a hint of white clouds. We this eagerly headed out into the cool morning to enjoy our day of sightseeing.
First stop: atop the highest point Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 28, 2016
- Sintra!Today we had a slow start - much appreciated and needed after all our moving around. But then move again we did, saying goodbye to the lovely flat we had been in the last two nights.
The moment from today that Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 26, 2016
- The Ups & Downs of LisbonHave we mentioned that Lisbon is supposedly built on seven hundred hills? And it seems that if there is not an existing slope, a degree of difficulty is added through the construction of stairs (largely without any consideration for people Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 26, 2016
- Public Transport inspectionSo today started out less than successfully, but ended up being a fabulous day.
We started out by heading to the Convento Carmo, or Convent of Our Lady of Mount Carmel - a ruined convent in the middle of the Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 25, 2016
- Tram 28After the morning traveling by train to Lisbon, we set out to get a feel for the city. We thought the famous Tram 28 would be a good way to do this as we had read that it is a Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 24, 2016
- On the road again ...Buses seem to depart alarmingly early in the morning in this part of the world! We left Seville bright (or something) and early Monday morning by bus and woke up in Portugal. Well, at the 'frontier'* for a passport check Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 24, 2016
- As grutasDespite having to dash onto the balcony to rescue our washing from the thunderstorm at some point in the night, we woke up on Tuesday to sunshine. It didn't last. And then it did. And then it didn't. But then Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 24, 2016
- PaderneJacqui chose a campsite near the village of Paderne, just north of Albufeira, mainly because we wanted the Algarve without the usual crowds. We stopped at the gate and a Dutch lady showed us round and indicated a pitch we Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Mar 24, 2016
- Day 8 with Leo: Drinking in DuoroWe woke up to a small crew of construction men moving rocks near us..they were not fazed by our presence. We drove back to where we had noted a lake on the way in. The fog was quite beautiful over Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Mar 20, 2016
- Swing LowWell what weekend to come home, we stayed at Jacqui and Ian's and it was just like we had never been away, except all very exciting with the wedding plans. When we saw Jacqui's mum and dad they were on Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Mar 19, 2016
- Belem and LisbonThe bus trip to Lisbon was 7:30 hrs so we decided on a 2 hr bus trip to Faro, lunch in Faro and then a 3:30 train ride to Lisbon - all very civilised
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/330645/Lisbon_-_w..Sao_Jorge_4.jpg thumb=http://photos.travelle Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2016 - Spain & Portugal | Mar 17, 2016
- Day 5 with Leo: Lookin at you LisbonAnd towards the big city we went! Might have set off some alarms as we panicked trying to decide which toll we should go through...finally made it across to the park where our expensive campsite was. Once showered and sandwiches Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Mar 15, 2016
- Porto FinaleI'm sat here enjoying a glass of very good Douro red wine, a Symington, after a lovely meal cooked by Jacqui, having watched a not bad sunset; Kevin has just admonished me for not blogging, so here goes.
Jord has gone Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Mar 11, 2016
- Day 4 with Leo: A Range of EmotionsWoke up early to parked right along the coastline for brekky. Was a gorgeous view, and once full with eggs and beans we went down the windy stairs to the beach and found some cabins clinging onto the cliffs. [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/767365/2 Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Mar 11, 2016
- Day 3 with Leo: Coastal ExplorationPacked up, we drove along the Algarve coast, thru industrial Lagoa and stoped in sleepy Lagos. We lunched along the sandy but windy beach and explored all the trinket stores (main stores never open on a Sunday).
[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Mar 11, 2016
- Chapter 64: Faro, Portugal (Workaway #2)We arrived in the tiny city of Faro, the capital city of the Algarve region by bus and were warmly greeted by our new family. We could instantly tell we were going to enjoy working for Cristiana and Pedro. They Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Mar 6, 2016
- Porto Episode IOur first visit to the city took in the central parts with the old market, currently being rebuilt, the cathedral and the wide avenues. It certainly looked like it could do with some TLC. But great buildings, more churches and Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Feb 26, 2016
- Grumpy in PortugalWe got to a small campsite on the coast down an 8 km cobbled road, great in the van. There we stayed for 3 nights in a abysmal weather, very friendly site people and we got a bucket for €,2 Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Feb 24, 2016
- A week travelling in PortugalAfter Nazare we travelled to a place recommended by some other travellers. Buddha Eden is a vineyard and outdoor art space, really impressive and confusing at the same time, but I don't know if we are supposed to understand Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Feb 13, 2016
- Into PortugalSo we left Caceres for a little drive in the sun into Portugal with the idea of stopping at an aire halfway in. We stopped at a place called Abrantes at a free aire by a river and a sweet Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Feb 7, 2016
- I'm supposed to be packing
This is my view from the living room ... it calls to me ... don't pack that suitcase, check those train/plane t Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 29, 2016
- Pedro and the Grotto Gang Strikes Again!The pictures are all the words needed!
[img= Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 27, 2016