- DAY 51 FRANKFURT TO PORTOTHIS WAS A WAITING AT AIRPORT DAY MAINLY. FLIGHT WAS GOOD PRETTY SMOOTH, HAD A MINOR PANIC AT PORTO THOUGHT OUR LUGAGE HADNT ARRIVED, YOU GUESSED IT WE WERE AT THE WRONG LUGGAGE BAY. PORTO IS A VERY OLD CITY Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 17, 2016
- Atlantas. Smėlio kaimas.Olhao pulsuoja visas, nes šiandien šeštadienio turgaus diena. Du didžiuliai raudoni pavlijonai su bokšteliais kampuose, po kiekvienu iš jų - po restoraną. Vienas paviljonas skirtas jūros produktams, kitas - mėsa ir daržovės. Pilnos alėjos kioskų ir pavėsi Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Sep 11, 2016
- West coast wanderingsOur time in the wonderful land of Portugal began as a bit of a challenge. We'd located the camp site we were going to stay at and had plugged the location into our GPS. So when it told us to Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | Sep 5, 2016
- Porto to Salamanca - Wednesday, 20 July 2016Hotel - Hotel Hospes Palacio De San Estaban, Arroyo de Santo Domingo, 3, Salamanca - Room 403
We experienced a Port tasting at Sandeman in Porto before we left for Salamanca. The House of Sandeman was founded in London in Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Aug 17, 2016
- Lisbon to Porto - Tuesday, 19 July 2016Hotel - Sheraton Hotel Porto, Porto Room 1102
Today we were given a little sleep in and don't have to be on the bus until 9.30 am. Everyone was very happy about that! Most people from the French Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Aug 17, 2016
- Lisbon - Monday, 18 July 2016Hotel - Intercontinental Hotel Lisbon, Rua Castilho 149, Lisbon Room1014
This morning we did a city tour with our local guide Isabel. It is a very beautiful city. The pavements are stunning, especially this wavy one on the Posted by gaddingabout in Iberian Splendours | Aug 16, 2016
- Day 12: The Flat of Anonymous Portraits in BrusselsDay 12 would be a day predicated on precise timing. My flight to Brussels leaves at 3:30, and prior to that I want to take in the [[http://www.museudofado.pt/|Fado Museum]]. My Airbnb host Pedro comes by at 11am to clean the Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Aug 14, 2016
- Day 11: Lisbon, My Way*ARGHHH. I’m writing this from the plane and have to type this entry out again after not saving it and typing another entry in the same document. Will have to try approximate what I already wrote. #ANNOYING
After a reassuring check Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Aug 9, 2016
- Day 10: Lisbon and the Fabulous Fado!Day 10 begins just like [[http://coolmcjourneys.travellerspoint.com/87/|Day 9]] – it’s déjà vu all over again, said Yogi – waking up early to catch the taxi Mar has called so I can head to the train station to meet [[https://www.blablacar.es/viaje- Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Aug 6, 2016
- The most beautiful place on earthLagos Portugal, hands down is the most beautiful place I have ever been! There is something unique about this small southern town. Combine perfect beaches that hide at the foot of sheer cliffs, kayaking through caves, fresh seafood and when Posted by BSmyth in The most beautiful place on eart | Jul 20, 2016
- April 26April 26
Sean golfed the Ocean Golf Course at Vale Do Lobo. Wanda rode along and enjoyed the scenery. We spent the rest of the day doing laundry and packing to head up to London.
Fitbit steps: 16,331
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/8144 Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 5, 2016
- Cascais, PortugalWe had a fantastic sunset cruise in Cascais. We rented a luxurious sailboat at Sailo - they have plenty of boats, so you can find the one that perfectly suits your needs. It was lovely to see Cascais from Posted by APinter in Best places to visit | May 1, 2016
- April 23-25April 23-25
On the 23rd Wanda wasn’t feeling well so we stayed in and enjoyed the apartment and fabulous views. Sunday, April 24 we started the day with a walk on the beach and ate lunch at the resort. Sean Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | Apr 30, 2016
- April 21April 21
We took a tour of historical Algarve with our first stop being in Silves. Silves was once an ancient Moorish capital. We toured the castle and cathedral. Our tour took us to the top of the Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | Apr 28, 2016
- April 19-20April 19 - 20
Flew from Dublin to Faro, Portugal. We needed some sun to dry out before we conquer more of the Great Britain. Faro is the southern Algarve region of Portugal (see maps). We are staying Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | Apr 24, 2016
- Farewell to PortugalAs we ventured to Portugal toward the north I found it very untidy and most places looked like they needed a good wash. The campsites were very basic but the people made up for it and could not do enough Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Apr 16, 2016
- Evora and the BonesSo we left Falesia and headed to a Saturday market at Loule and guess what, it was another forgotten gem. The last time we were there it was a pretty town with a municipal market and nice pedestrian areas; now Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Apr 6, 2016
- Beach stop, 10 months in.Leaving Silves, we travelled to the sister site by the beach in the posh end of Albufeira after fuelling and gassing up for the start of the trip north.
This site is set in a few trees, 500m from the Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Apr 2, 2016
- The case of the flying shoebox ...Today was a travel and fun day. Happily we woke up to blue sky, and headed off to the train station to make our way back to Lisbon.
After settling into our fabulous new apartment we set off to find a Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 31, 2016
- Crossing the River DouroWe began today's adventures with a 7 bridges river cruise. That was about as exciting as it sounds, but was a good way to see the city layout from a different angle (and one not involving hills). Also a good Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 31, 2016
- By the beach and the castlePraia da Marinha is a pretty little beach with sandstone cliffs, very picturesque; it is often used by VW to host test drives and they were there the afternoon we arrived blocking off the car park, bloody cheek. So all Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Mar 30, 2016
- LisbonLisbon is an interesting city. The capital of Portugal, it has Moorish and Roman ruins, cathedrals and the streets are lined with the types of cafes you daydream about when imagining an escape to Europe. It is also Posted by kgula in Kurt and Karly's Honeymoon | Mar 29, 2016
- Porto, Costah & HazulIt was a cold, grey, wet start to our first full day in Porto (it goes without saying it was windy too - everywhere we've been in Portugal has been windy).
After a slow start we headed out to see Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 29, 2016
- Another day, another city ...Today was once again largely a travel day. After a bit of a sleep-in and bidding farewell to our lovely host Burghard, we headed off to the station to catch the train back to Lisbon and then on to Porto, Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 28, 2016
- Sintra's sights and sunWe were very excited to wake up to blue sky this morning and only a hint of white clouds. We this eagerly headed out into the cool morning to enjoy our day of sightseeing.
First stop: atop the highest point Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 28, 2016