- Week 8: The idyllic northern hills of PortugalWeek 8 seemed to have a heavy food focus...
We started the week by cooking a 'meal from our country' this consisted of seafood chowder, home made bread, roast NZ lamb, roast kumara, roast potatos, NZ wine and finally a Posted by Andrew and Lisa in Andrew & Lisa's european adventure | Jun 2, 2014
- A scenic daily commuteI commute everyday between Porto, where I live and Santa Maria da Feira, where I work. I have to use my car and I am fortunate enough to have a work schedule which allows me to avoid all traffic jams Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | May 27, 2014
- A little village called CortegaçaIt's been a bit over 7 months since my last post. There's not one single day where I don't think of writing here about tons of things, both personal and professional. But the immediate thought after is: "do I actually Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | May 17, 2014
- Lisbon, PortugalAfter nine days on the boat, we were ready for some action. With our impeding arrival into the port of Lisbon, we awoke at 5:50am in order to see the city as the morning hit. As we got closer the Posted by CulinarySojourn in Culinary Sojourn | May 16, 2014
- Funchal, Madeira (Portugal) Funchal is the capital of the Portuguese island of Madeira which is about 700km from North Africa. The island was first settled by the Portuguese, although seafarers and soldiers of many origins have created a people of mixed descent.
We arrived Posted by laurawatchorn in Artem & Laura's Travels | May 10, 2014
- Day 44 - At seaAnother at sea day with the usual activities. Up on the pool decks there is still sun so the Brits are still sunbathing everyday, the rest of us are wearing cardigans. It is a very quite day all round, Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | May 2, 2014
- Day 43 - Lisbon, PortugalToday we visit our last port for this trip, Lisbon. Again we booked an excursion to stay out of trouble - Lisbon, City of Discovery. We find that Henry the navigator features today, Lisbon has a proud history of seeking Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | May 2, 2014
- Quarteira, Portugal [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/0863003D2219AC68170AF49174D69319.jpg Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Apr 29, 2014
- LISBON, PORTUGAL again
We were escorting different tours again today. Mine was a birding expedition into the Tagus River Estuary. Our first stop was at the mud flats to see wader birds before the tide rose.
[img=h Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Apr 24, 2014
- LISBON, PORTUGAL
As soon as we arrived in Lisbon we went with friends and a car and driver to the beautiful village of Sintra. On the way we paused to photograph the 1749 Pálacio de Queluz.
[img=http://photo Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Apr 17, 2014
- A Little Village of Whitewashed HousesBurgau is a quaint town located in the region of Algarve, Portugal. An old fishing town it now relies on tourism to survive. Its two crowning glories are the splendid restaurants and its relaxing beach.
The restaurants such as Casa Padaria Posted by Jen_Ingrid in The Scouse Chronicles | Apr 6, 2014
- Goodbye Iberia We finally got to Porto at 3pm. Put our bags in our hotel, whereupon I happily munched on my tarts which I'd bought on the way for 1.15 :) hehehe
Decided to have a quicker run down of what I Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 28, 2014
- Huff and PuffYesterday was Wednesday. What did we do. Uhh we went to the Internet cafe in the morning to print our respective bus and train tickets. Grocery shopped at Chinese store, then off to the belem district for the day.
Took Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 27, 2014
- Pasteis de Nata Random music reminds me of different people. Sometimes I hear some dance or electronica music, or whatever it's called and then I think of you climbing people! Once I heard Love Story (the old one) and I thought of my Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 26, 2014
- Last day in LisbonI made the day of the people who sell tablecloths and towels north of the park. Stopped at one stand, and bought several things, then bought two things at the next one. I'd asked the kids what they wanted from Posted by SurfFromConst in The Others ... Were Blank | Mar 7, 2014
- Sunshine and ShortsThursday started out foggy. And not very warm. But I wanted to get some computer work done, so that was fine. It took a while for the fog to burn off. I stayed in my room, but put the sign Posted by SurfFromConst in The Others ... Were Blank | Mar 7, 2014
- Three More Days in Lisbon, what to do?With three days left in Lisbon, I'm trying to think if there's anything in particular I want or should do. I'm not a big shopper, so I don't feel the urge to stock up on things I don't particularly need. Posted by SurfFromConst in The Others ... Were Blank | Mar 6, 2014
- Lisbon, Portugal21st February
Our last excursion of the holiday was an 8 1/2 hour excursion, one of the longest, yet it turned out to be one of the most relaxing. We drove out of Lisbon in bright sunshine through some absolutely stunning Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Feb 21, 2014
- 2012 D6 OCEAN PRINCESS - LISBON===LISBON===
I WAS HERE ONCE BEFORE & TOOK THE TOUR TO SINTRA. I THOUGHT THERE WAS MORE TO IT THAN I HAD SEEN SO I AM GOING TO REPEAT & GO BACK TO TO SEE WHAT I MISSED.
IN THE EVENT, IT Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Apr 16, 2012
- Porto: Tapas, Tawny, TilesAnother Ryanair trip is in the books. This one was with our awesome friends Kate and TW and Casey. What a fun group of people. Sometimes, all the pieces are right for a great trip.
It is only fitting that we Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Feb 9, 2014
- PORTUGAL Part Quatro
After experiencing the capital of Portugal and realising how amazing a major city in Portugal could be we were even more excited for Porto as it is known for its street beauty, Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Jan 19, 2014
- PORTUGAL Part Três
After our awe inspiring Sintra adventure it was time to make our way to the western coastline of Portugal to get in some of our last beach time for the summer before our last stop in Por Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Jan 17, 2014
- PORTUGAL Part Dois
Sintra is a place neither of us will ever forget and is the type of place where words do absolutely no justice. If you ever wondered what it would be like if you fell down Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Jan 12, 2014
- PORTUGAL Part Um
If you read our last blog post you would know that we could not get out of our Cadiz accommodation fast enough so we booked the earliest bus we could and hightailed it back to Seville fro Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Jan 5, 2014
- 2009 A3 NCL GEM - TRANSATLANTIC - AZORES & LISBON===AZORES - MID ATLANTIC===
IT WILL BE NICE TO JUST GET OFF THE BOAT HERE, GO FOR A WALK AND STRETCH MY LEGS. MAYBE GET A HAIRCUT.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_D Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 10, 2013