- Made it to Cascais!Emirates flight was excellent. The crew were from many different countries, and the pilot was English. He put the Airbus down so gently there was hardly a bump! Food was good, too.
The Airbnb apartment in Cascais is great. Catarina, the Posted by suziqed in Portugal and Spain 2014 | Aug 19, 2014
- Brisbane to Cascais, PortugalLeaving tonight for Portugal via Dubai. Flying Emirates - 14.5 hours to Dubai, then another 8.5 hours to Lisbon, after a 1.5 hour stop-over. Reach Lisbon at 12:45, and hopefully get to the apartment in Cascais by 14:30.
Catarina is picking Posted by suziqed in Portugal and Spain 2014 | Aug 12, 2014
- Last Full Day in Portugal Today we took a day trip outside of Lisbon to a smaller city called Sintra. It was an awesome town, and Neal and I liked it much more than Lisbon. We only saw two of their sites, and Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 7, 2014
- Lisbon Second Full Day Today we had planned to go to Sintra, which is a day trip outside the city...but a rainy forecast made us switch our plans. We were not really wanting to leave the city the day before our flight Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 6, 2014
- First Full Day in Lisbon Today wasn't as eventful as yesterday, but we pretty much went to the other side of town and went to a science museum. We wanted to give Grant an opportunity to see what they had here, and he really Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 5, 2014
- Goodbye Spain, Hello Portugal Whew. We are safely locked into our apartment, so no worries, but we are less at ease in Portugal. There are some rough looking characters and delapidated areas for sure. But, our transistion to Lisbon went well, Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 4, 2014
- Summer 201420th - 25th June
We flew from Marrakech via Madrid into Porto. A cab driver needed the assistance of a passer-by. who actually joined us in the taxi for the last part of the journey, then deposited us to the apartment Posted by Patrick H. in Patrick Hillman's Travels | Jul 2, 2014
- Week 9: Picturesque PortugalThis week started with a sad goodbye to Emilia in Vale, then a couple of hour drive down to Porto to pick up Jo from the airport. Emilia is originally from Porto so we felt like we had quite a Posted by Andrew and Lisa in Andrew & Lisa's european adventure | Jun 8, 2014
- Week 8: The idyllic northern hills of PortugalWeek 8 seemed to have a heavy food focus...
We started the week by cooking a 'meal from our country' this consisted of seafood chowder, home made bread, roast NZ lamb, roast kumara, roast potatos, NZ wine and finally a Posted by Andrew and Lisa in Andrew & Lisa's european adventure | Jun 2, 2014
- A scenic daily commuteI commute everyday between Porto, where I live and Santa Maria da Feira, where I work. I have to use my car and I am fortunate enough to have a work schedule which allows me to avoid all traffic jams Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | May 27, 2014
- A little village called CortegaçaIt's been a bit over 7 months since my last post. There's not one single day where I don't think of writing here about tons of things, both personal and professional. But the immediate thought after is: "do I actually Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | May 17, 2014
- Lisbon, PortugalAfter nine days on the boat, we were ready for some action. With our impeding arrival into the port of Lisbon, we awoke at 5:50am in order to see the city as the morning hit. As we got closer the Posted by CulinarySojourn in Culinary Sojourn | May 16, 2014
- Funchal, Madeira (Portugal) Funchal is the capital of the Portuguese island of Madeira which is about 700km from North Africa. The island was first settled by the Portuguese, although seafarers and soldiers of many origins have created a people of mixed descent.
We arrived Posted by laurawatchorn in Artem & Laura's Travels | May 10, 2014
- Day 44 - At seaAnother at sea day with the usual activities. Up on the pool decks there is still sun so the Brits are still sunbathing everyday, the rest of us are wearing cardigans. It is a very quite day all round, Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | May 2, 2014
- Day 43 - Lisbon, PortugalToday we visit our last port for this trip, Lisbon. Again we booked an excursion to stay out of trouble - Lisbon, City of Discovery. We find that Henry the navigator features today, Lisbon has a proud history of seeking Posted by Christinesolo in Sipping cocktails on the deck | May 2, 2014
- Quarteira, Portugal [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/0863003D2219AC68170AF49174D69319.jpg Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Apr 29, 2014
- LISBON, PORTUGAL again
We were escorting different tours again today. Mine was a birding expedition into the Tagus River Estuary. Our first stop was at the mud flats to see wader birds before the tide rose.
[img=h Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Apr 24, 2014
- LISBON, PORTUGAL
As soon as we arrived in Lisbon we went with friends and a car and driver to the beautiful village of Sintra. On the way we paused to photograph the 1749 Pálacio de Queluz.
[img=http://photo Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Apr 17, 2014
- A Little Village of Whitewashed HousesBurgau is a quaint town located in the region of Algarve, Portugal. An old fishing town it now relies on tourism to survive. Its two crowning glories are the splendid restaurants and its relaxing beach.
The restaurants such as Casa Padaria Posted by Jen_Ingrid in The Scouse Chronicles | Apr 6, 2014
- Goodbye Iberia We finally got to Porto at 3pm. Put our bags in our hotel, whereupon I happily munched on my tarts which I'd bought on the way for 1.15 :) hehehe
Decided to have a quicker run down of what I Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 28, 2014
- Huff and PuffYesterday was Wednesday. What did we do. Uhh we went to the Internet cafe in the morning to print our respective bus and train tickets. Grocery shopped at Chinese store, then off to the belem district for the day.
Took Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 27, 2014
- Pasteis de Nata Random music reminds me of different people. Sometimes I hear some dance or electronica music, or whatever it's called and then I think of you climbing people! Once I heard Love Story (the old one) and I thought of my Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 26, 2014
- Last day in LisbonI made the day of the people who sell tablecloths and towels north of the park. Stopped at one stand, and bought several things, then bought two things at the next one. I'd asked the kids what they wanted from Posted by SurfFromConst in The Others ... Were Blank | Mar 7, 2014
- Sunshine and ShortsThursday started out foggy. And not very warm. But I wanted to get some computer work done, so that was fine. It took a while for the fog to burn off. I stayed in my room, but put the sign Posted by SurfFromConst in The Others ... Were Blank | Mar 7, 2014
- Three More Days in Lisbon, what to do?With three days left in Lisbon, I'm trying to think if there's anything in particular I want or should do. I'm not a big shopper, so I don't feel the urge to stock up on things I don't particularly need. Posted by SurfFromConst in The Others ... Were Blank | Mar 6, 2014