- Alentejo AdventureLisbon is our first stop on a cycling adventure that will begin in Elvas (near the Spanish border) and end in Sagres, just down the road from the "end of the earth".
Lisbon is a centuries old city that Posted by Ramblingon in Changing Gears and other Adventures | Apr 17, 2015
- Portuguese Camino Day Three - Lisbon to Alverca
Pictures are of the start church heading towards Santiago from Lisbon.
Kate texted - We're at Posted by Chris K in Kate's 60th Birthday Challenge | Apr 15, 2015
- Portuguese Camino Day Two - Lisbon ready for the off.Okay big new is that Sue's ruck sack is 14kg without her carry on bag which is about 2kg she is very stunned. So we're having a breakfast discussion about what can go. This weight issue has been preoccupying us Posted by Chris K in Kate's 60th Birthday Challenge | Apr 12, 2015
- Portuguese Camino Day One - Flying into LisbonFor my 60th Birthday Challenge I am walking 386 miles along the Camino Portuguese, from Lisbon, Portugal to Santiago di Compostella from 13th April to 9th May 2015. I want to raise money for young people with Cystic Fibrosis Posted by Chris K in Kate's 60th Birthday Challenge | Apr 14, 2015
- Indiana JonesIndiana Jones
Remember that scene in "Raiders of the Lost Ark" when Indy is running from that big rolling rock? When he finally escapes, he lands in the middle of a bunch of natives with spears. Sans snakes, that was almost Posted by Catnchas in The Creighz's do Europe | Mar 25, 2015
- Never. Ever. Ever. Posted by Catnchas in The Creighz's do Europe | Mar 24, 2015
- Navigation, Directions and CommunicationNavigation and communication:
First, thank you to Steve Jobs as the maps and walking/driving directions available on our i-Phones have saved our bacon dozens of times so far.
When we arrived in Spain, we bought spanish SIM cards for our unlocked i-Phone Posted by Catnchas in The Creighz's do Europe | Mar 22, 2015
- Highway of endless dreams[center][/center]
I guess that a trip only becomes real when you book your flights. That's what I've just done.
This summer, I'll be back on the road. I'll start and end in Slovenia, Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Mar 17, 2015
- "O SONHO COMANDA A VIDA"Um sonho comum, tornou-se numa vontade crescente que foi comandando as nossas vidas até que chegámos aqui: na partida para esta nossa jornada a dois pelo Mundo.
Jorra no nosso sangue os glóbulos dos descobridores de autora, quiçá por termos nascido Posted by Tania Borboleta in Somewhere around the world | Feb 18, 2015
- I WILL PREVAIL!This post might seem a bit random and out of the blue but as I can't yet externalize my thoughts to a concrete person or group, I am shouting out loud to all and everyone who wants to read whatever Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Feb 7, 2015
- Tugboat captain.Surprisingly enough, in over 3 years writing this blog about travels and (mostly) about my thoughts and feelings, I never wrote deeply about my supreme love for music. As much as I have thought about it, I never dared to Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Feb 1, 2015
- realms of the mindToday I discovered that I am an autotelic person.
Here's the definiton, in the words of Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi: "An autotelic person needs few material possessions and little entertainment, comfort, power, or fame because so much of what he or she Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Jan 27, 2015
- Surviving the daily grindLately I haven't had the chance to fill my life with extraordinary and life changing trips which would give a lot of material to fill this blog and also my daily life with incredible stories and memories. As a matter Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Nov 6, 2014
- OUR TRAIL COMMENCES AT ADAM LINDSAY GORDON'S BIRTH PLACE
Photo by: José Luís Ávila Silveira/Pedro Noronha e Costa (commons.wikimedia)
Reproducing a Biography by Eileen Kaye first published in The Au Posted by algordon in 1.ADAM LINDSAY GORDON TRAIL-ENGLAND | Oct 21, 2014
- Day 29 - Cascais ~~ OlhaoTook the train and subway to Olhao Portugal. Nice little apartment in a small fishing village type town. If you want no tourist hassles and real Portuguese way for life then this a good spot. Our accommodations were "okay" and Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Oct 13, 2014
- Day 30 - OlhaoNice sunny day - got out for most of the afternoon....I had to stay close to a toilet for the morning but steven ran some errands...bus tickets for tomorrow...off to Spain! Very small town - if you want the Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Oct 14, 2014
- Day 28 - Cascais===Downtown and beach area===[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693821/20141012_184321.jpg thumb=http://photos.t Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Oct 12, 2014
- Day 24 - Lisbon!Dead tired from our overnight train but we did meet some nice people. Penny and Gerald from England and two kids from Portugal...only 19 and working at picking grapes for extra money. Now to see LISBON![img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693821/2014100 Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Oct 8, 2014
- Day 25 - Rainy bus tour dayWe didn't get to see too much but had fun anyway. Met a lady from London Ontario...had a good chat about how wonderful Lisbon really is.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693821/20 Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Oct 9, 2014
- Day 27 - Oct 11th Cascais rest dayMostly a a work from HOME day. It got sunny our around 4....we completed four loads of wash since last night. We plan to head downtown Cascais and check out the beach area and the local food. Still too cold Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Oct 11, 2014
- Day 26 - Last of LisbonWe wanted to see the last bits of Lisbon before we head south to Cascais...a sweet little oceanside town.
[center]===OHHH LISBON,WHAT A PLACE======[/center]
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693821/20141010_130415.jpg thumb=http://photos.travell Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Oct 10, 2014
- Day 26 - Off to Cascasin - seaside townWe will stay here for two night. So thrilled that our host family will pick us up at the train station. The weight of our backpacks are really getting heavier and heavier!!!
[img=http:// Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Oct 10, 2014
- Guadalupe to Miranda do DouroOn the way out of Guadalupe this morning, straight after breakfast, it was decidedly cool. The further I headed north the more unpleasant it became. Eventually it started to get very windy and what little traffic there was on the Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Oct 11, 2014
- Week 25: Portugal re-visitedWe were really excited to get back to Portugal to see Emilia again, and it seemed like a fitting way to finish up our European tour – kind of coming full circle for us. We arrived in Porto and caught Posted by Andrew and Lisa in Andrew & Lisa's european adventure | Oct 9, 2014
- Portugal - and the kindness of strangersCurrently, I am sitting on a train heading south from Lisbon to Faro. I have just finished booking tonight’s accommodation and our bus tickets for tomorrow from Faro to Seville, where we will spend a couple of nights and pick Posted by SamSueEurope in Keep up - an Australian family odyssey | Oct 7, 2014