- Team Hollister + Team Pyy do FaroWe met our best buddies for 4 days of sun, sardines and pool time in Faro and all was well until Luke got a head cold, Jasmin had a tantrum and Tessa somehow got thrown in the pool...(yes of course Posted by tessalukehnj in Hollisters' Euro jaunt | Jul 16, 2013
- LisboaPorto was followed by Lisbon, but only for 2 nights. We had a funky retro apartment right in Baixa which we loved. It was above a church square and busy little artistic neighbourhood and when we arrived the last of Posted by tessalukehnj in Hollisters' Euro jaunt | Jul 16, 2013
- Blatantly Bad Blogger This is just a brief note to apologize to those that thought they would be vicariously sharing my adventures...sorry, sorry, sorry.
I am currently in Portland, Oregon where I have had little to no access to wifi (right now, I Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Jul 11, 2013
- Experimental TravelOne of the "bad" things about travel and tourism is that people tend to go always to the same places and do the same things. I speak for myself as I too find it difficult to innovate and escape the Posted by danics in World Away | Jul 12, 2013
- Impressions of Spain and Portugal, Part 2The Wadi Guadiana river forms the border between Spain and Portugal in the southwestern part of the Iberian peninsula. The names of many rivers in Spain and Portugal begin with wadi, which is the Arabic word for river and reflects Posted by clarkmw78 in Matt's Misadventures | Jul 9, 2013
- Lazy day in Lagos=="Subheadings are overrated" - Mark==
===Another Lonely Planet recommendation, A Forja. The line at the door almost scared Mark off but as we came out late (9.30pm) all the early diners were finishing up so we were i Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jul 5, 2013
- Any given Sunday!This is just a reminder to future me.
"How to make some random Sunday extraordinary" - June 30 2013
8.30am - waking up and preparing some breakfast.
9.00am - buying the newspaper, the new edition of the "Time Out" magazine and driving Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Jun 30, 2013
- Pretty Porto! We are halfway through our trip!!! The kids of course are keeping count (mathematics homework, tick!) of all the places we have been and we are up to 11! phew. Portugal seems to be suffering a heatwave and Posted by tessalukehnj in Hollisters' Euro jaunt | Jun 30, 2013
- Little Britain in Lagos=="On the beach, you can live in bliss" - Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys==
===Mark finally got to soothe his burger cravings at a tiny little hole in the Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jun 26, 2013
- Stunning Sintra in the Sunshine==="Lo! Cintra's glorious Eden intervenes
In variegated maze of mount and glen.
Ah me! what hand can pencil guide, or pen,
To follow half on which the eye dilates
Through views more dazzling unto mortal ken
Than those whereof such things the bard rel Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jun 26, 2013
- Word On The Street: LisbonLisbon has a healthy street art/graffiti culture.
Here are a few I snapped up during [[http://catstraveldiaries.travellerspoint.com/2/|a recent trip!]]
[img=http://photos.tra Posted by jetsetcat in Cat's Travel Diaries | Jun 25, 2013
- In the middle of the Atlantic... AgainYet another weekend away (June has been so far, a travel month), and Lisbon Airport is starting to feel like my second home. Friday I took a flight, but this time I wasn't flying abroad. Instead I went to Terceira, Posted by danics in World Away | Jun 25, 2013
- A Lisbon AffairIt's 11pm on a brisk Friday night in March.
After a 10-hour flight delay, 20-hour long haul flight and 45 hours of sleep deprivation, I finally arrive in Lisbon.
As the cit Posted by jetsetcat in Cat's Travel Diaries | Jun 23, 2013
- A Lazy Day in Lisbon==" Twas the day after Sant Antonio, and all through the town
Not a creature was stirring, not even a ...... Sardine!"==
===We ventured out to try the famous Custard tarts of Pasteis de Belem, still being made using the anc Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jun 21, 2013
- Blown Away @ Cabo da RocaEver wondered what Europe's westernmost point looks like?
So nothing could have prepared me for the spectacular Cabo Da Roca - it is quite stunning!
Bef Posted by jetsetcat in Cat's Travel Diaries | Jun 18, 2013
- Celebrations with Sardines & Saints=="Hard to call it a party without sardines" - Brandon Mull==
===We trecked off to find a restaurant Lonely Planet had suggested for dinner, 'Faca & Garfo Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jun 18, 2013
- Puffing and Panting up the Hills of Porto=="Port strengthens while it gladdens as no other wine can do" - James Biancamano==
===Tonight we headed out for a traditional Porto snack called Francesi Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jun 17, 2013
- Primavera Sound 2013 (Porto) - a cosmic trip
Primavera Sound 2013 is over. The last days have been surreal in so many ways. I feel like I was teletransported to a new dimension, to a new life. I embarked on some e Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Jun 3, 2013
- braga to viana do castelo (via ponte de lima)wednesday: we were woken up yesterday am by the noisy french motorhomers, packing up, next to us!
but, lovely sunny day : ) so looking good for our sightseeing day around braga.
p worked all morning, then we had lunch + walked Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 22, 2013
- penha to bragamonday: had a lovely day in guimaraes yesterday, and were v. lucky with the weather too!
walked down through the woods, as were told it would only take about half an hour, after a look at
the stunning view from the Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 20, 2013
- arco de baulhe to penha (for guimaraes)saturday: yesterday was a total wash-out - it literally rained all day! we haven't had a day like that
for a v. long time.
it eventually stopped late eve., and thankfully didn't rain in the night, so we slept a Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 18, 2013
- madalena to arco de baulhe (via amarante)thursday: had a lovely day yesterday - exploring porto in the sunshine : )
got the bus in again, v. busy at the campsite stop, chatted to some irish motorhomers (pretty new to
the game, first motorhome, like us!) while we Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 16, 2013
- luso to madalena (for porto)sunday: scootered into luso yesterday am to check it out - sweet little place! (thermal/spa town),
pretty, nice houses, shops, gardens....
found TO for some info, supermarket for some supplies, little farmers market for some fruit....then
strolled aro Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | May 12, 2013
- LisboaIn Lisbon we saw the world’s most expensive chapel –the Chapel of St John inside St Roque Church (1574) . It was designed in Rome, blessed by the Pope & shipped to Lisbon in 1747. Think ivory, gold, silver, Posted by vandk in UK & EUROPE HOLIDAY 2013 | May 11, 2013
- LisbonThe train out of Lagos was a little dodgy and I was particularly watchful of my suitcase. The bad economical state of Portugal could definitely be seen in the people on the train. There was a really drunk guy who Posted by Claire.Miller in Claire's Euro Trip 2013 | May 10, 2013