- Portugal 1st SeptemberSintra is a short train ride from Lisbon, an area bountiful in Castles, Palaces, and the like.
[img=http://phot Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Sep 26, 2013
- Portugal 31st AugustHeading out of the city centre the day was dedicated to the beach. Despite using sunscreen, I ended up with some of the worst sunburn I’ve endured in all my alabaster epidermis’d life.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/484888/portugal_day_3__14_. Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Sep 25, 2013
- Portugal 30th AugustFirst stop was the somewhat deserted Flower Market, which in actuality was more of a fish market.
[img=http://ph Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Sep 24, 2013
- Peppy Portugal 29th August
Flight day from Valencia to Lisbon, capital of Portugal. As we were about to find out over the next few days, Lisbon was a cool laid back city that was cheap to boot. This bug we saw was loving Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Sep 23, 2013
- PORTO. "The Unvanquished City".[center][/center]
[center](picture taken from the internet)[/center]
The first time I moved do Porto was 12 years ago. In late September 2001, as an 18 year old Law School freshman I rent Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Oct 2, 2013
- Vila Real de Santo AntónioThe easiest way to get to Seville in Spain from Lisbon in Portugal was to take a bus to the south, then transfer to a Spanish bus company.
We made the most of it and stayed in a seaside town. Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Sep 17, 2013
- SintraThe area of Sintra is very close to Lisboa, but completely different as it has its own microclimate. The trees, mountains and cool air were a welcome change.
There are a number of Unesco buildings in a small area, all Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Sep 17, 2013
- LisboaHaving Katie's house in Lisbon as a base allowed us to sightsee at our own pace. It also let us relax & make ourselves at home away from a hostel. Cooking a proper meal (Lasagne!) was fun after hostel kitchens!
When Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Sep 17, 2013
- Camping in PortugalA friend I made in Thailand, Katie, lives in Lisbon teaching at an international school. She has been encouraging me to visit for some time, I finally did.
My visit coincided with a weekend away camping that Katie was planning with Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Sep 11, 2013
- PortoI didn't know much about Porto, the second largest city in Portugal, which also has Unesco heritage status. It turned out to be a fantastic place and somewhere I want to go back to.
The city itself is beautiful, a little Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Sep 11, 2013
- Bem-vindo ao Algarve!
With less than 3 weeks to go before our European departure, we were keen to make the most of the fading continental summer. Greece, Turkey, and Malta were all ruled out on account of expe Posted by happellfamily12 in La vita in quattro valigie | Sep 8, 2013
- Palaces and Castles, O My!It's such a delight to be able to walk a few blocks to a metro and a few stops later be at a train station where you are efficiently whisked away in comfort to another town without even bothering with Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Jul 13, 2013
- Going South by Southwest in Portugal
Summer 2013 was supposed to be a quiet one for me. After spending all the year following my impulses and traveling like a madman around Europe, my travel budget was practically non existent. I was happy to peacefully enjoy my Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Sep 6, 2013
- August 29Just because I have a thing with dates.
August 29 2005 - flew to Budapest to start my Erasmus year, which forever changed me!
August 29 2012 - returned from a life changing 7 week trip across the United States!
August 29 Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Aug 28, 2013
- Lisbon, Portugal (25th - 30th July)We had a few days in Lisbon, so got to see a decent amount of the city. We did a fair amount of walking around, as we always do, plus on one day we took the tram out to the Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Aug 8, 2013
- Turning 30 - alive in the superunknown![center]Waking up as a 30 year old[/center]
I turned 30 today. Although I don't think it's such a big deal and I'm not having multiple epiphanies and moments of absolut enli Posted by ZackFontang in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Aug 5, 2013
- A Stopover in TaviraThe Algarve is the southern coast of Portugal and it is as frenetic and packed as the Costa del Sol in Spain. except on the most western tip like Salema where I just left and the eastern end in Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Jul 22, 2013
- Postcards from SalemaI escaped Lisbon using metro, train and a local bus to land in a small fishing village named Salema. There aren't many fisherman left-- bikinis are taking over the beach, but there is still plenty of room for everyone. As Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Jul 18, 2013
- Punk'd in Lisboa, Portugal?I didn't know what to expect when I landed in Lisbon (they call it Lisboa). I didn't speak Portuguese, but from a few past experiences, I thought I might be able to get by with a few Portuguese phrases and Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Jul 12, 2013
- The Portuguese coast - Cape EspichelIt's not the first time I've been to this place but it still surprises me nevertheless.
The loneliness feeling comes along with a fantastic sense of getting in tune with the sea, the land and the power of the planet.
We Posted by ACoelho in The world is my oister | Jul 28, 2013
- Our Plans and Our Trail Trip...
[i]So far booked:-
10th February 2014 - Dubai for 4 nights Stay at the Grand Fortune Hotel Apartments,
14th February 2014 - Sri Lanka for 2 weeks Posted by livetotravel14 in Our Big Adventure... | Jul 17, 2013
- Team Hollister + Team Pyy do FaroWe met our best buddies for 4 days of sun, sardines and pool time in Faro and all was well until Luke got a head cold, Jasmin had a tantrum and Tessa somehow got thrown in the pool...(yes of course Posted by tessalukehnj in Hollisters' Euro jaunt | Jul 16, 2013
- LisboaPorto was followed by Lisbon, but only for 2 nights. We had a funky retro apartment right in Baixa which we loved. It was above a church square and busy little artistic neighbourhood and when we arrived the last of Posted by tessalukehnj in Hollisters' Euro jaunt | Jul 16, 2013
- Blatantly Bad Blogger This is just a brief note to apologize to those that thought they would be vicariously sharing my adventures...sorry, sorry, sorry.
I am currently in Portland, Oregon where I have had little to no access to wifi (right now, I Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Jul 11, 2013
- Experimental TravelOne of the "bad" things about travel and tourism is that people tend to go always to the same places and do the same things. I speak for myself as I too find it difficult to innovate and escape the Posted by danics in World Away | Jul 12, 2013