- Lisbon Day 4 - Final Day ... for this tripLisbon Day 4 final (for this trip)
Overcast; showers expected, out come the rain hoodies!
Only this AM noticed USA flag a couple of buildings away from B&B - dah, home of our ambassador.
Necessary to clarify "USA" as "states" or "america" Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 14, 2016
- Day 2 LisbonDay 2 (Quick notes from the day; I'm almost out of power)
Slept till 9 - lovely breakfast; so many choices)
Touring Lisbon - think San Francisco; add several 100 yrs
Tiles - area around our B&B has many tile bldgs.
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 12, 2016
- Lisbon Day 1Day 1 -. End of
Lots of impressions & mixed emotions...I've read Night Train to Lisbon several x's & Raimund doesn't seem to be as muddled as I feel right now. Of course Raimund didn't change 5 time zones in 8 Posted by ChinaBecky in Portuguese Viagem | Jan 11, 2016
- SETTING OFF
The big day has finally arrived! After months of planning and weeks of packing, I am setting off on my big adventure: 6 months travelling through South America. That's exactly 27 weeks, or 189 Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Jan 7, 2016
- Food and Drink: PortugalFor me, the best of Portugal was served on a plate or in a glass. Here I will discuss some of the great meals, and where I had them, as well as the local alcohol which was great!
To start, Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Nov 24, 2015
- Beaches and Castles[center][/center]
The few days spent in Central Portugal were stressful times, most days involved visiting at least two beaches, while spending probably an equal amount of time at seaside Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Nov 24, 2015
- Lisboa: The Capital City[center][/center]
My first few days were spent in [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisbon|Lisbon]] (or Lisboa), the capital city of Portugal. Lisbon lies in the hills along the shore o Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Nov 24, 2015
- Portugal: The Overview[center][/center]
After two great weeks in England and Scotland, I packed my bags and left for Lisbon. As anyone who watched me plan this eight week span of time off can attest to, P Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Nov 24, 2015
- FunchalAfter another sea day we arrived in Funchal Madeira's capital. The island looked quite amazing as we sailed in with buildings climbing from the water's edge to the top of the hills, and even more spectacular at night looking like Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Nov 15, 2015
- Day Twenty Nine - Almancil & FaroJean had great plans to take us around to various towns, however the weather had other ideas - so much rain & viewing anything almost impossible. Pottered around home with Ian (Pitcher) & Jean trying to get her new Posted by pitchersontour in Pitchers Europe Trip 2015 | Nov 1, 2015
- Day Twenty Eight - Loule & SurroundsJean & Ian took us around a few of their friend's houses - Jacqui (who collected us from the airport) & Arthur are doing a huge build with their daughter & son in law - going to be fantastic when Posted by pitchersontour in Pitchers Europe Trip 2015 | Oct 31, 2015
- Day Twenty Seven - FaroWoke with a slight headache from the champagne & red wine consumed last night, Ian was fine as far more seasoned than myself!!
Had breakfast with Jean & Ian & then Ian showed us their backyard & the plans Posted by pitchersontour in Pitchers Europe Trip 2015 | Oct 31, 2015
- Day Twenty Six - Madrid to PortugalToday was a day of travelling, farewelled Madrid & caught a flight to Lisbon (Portugal) with a few hours stop over, then onto Faro (Portugal) - arrived just after 4pm. We had friends Jacqui & Ian collect us at Posted by pitchersontour in Pitchers Europe Trip 2015 | Oct 30, 2015
- AMA Waterways - Lisbon and the DouroThe photo album of this wonderful adventure is available for viewing. Click [[https://goo.gl/photos/LhJ8wABiA3vzLTEL8]] to view the album! Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 22, 2015
- Pedro 2.0First day of a new life. I don't know much about that new life. Everyone keeps asking me what I want to do or where I'm going. I guess people are just worrried with me, which is normal. I don't Posted by ZackMeursault in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Oct 1, 2015
- Camper van by Sintra
See this photo? This is what you can see if you go to a city like Sintra. Actually you can go there by bus ir train from Lisbon or everywhere in Spain. The thing is, if you have your own Posted by TravelVanSpain in Van Hire Trip in Spain | Sep 25, 2015
- AMA Waterways, Lisbon and the DouroThis early morning we set sail for Porto, and upon arrival, headed off for a city tour followed by a tour of the Grahams Port Warehouse. Porto is a fantastic city where Harry Potter's JK Rawlins spent much time as Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Sep 23, 2015
- AMA Waterways, Lisbon and the DouroThis morning we did a brief cruise to Regua and toured to the Quinto da Pacheca for a sampling and buffet munchies. This is a wonderful little winery that uses their own grapes and prepares the wine by foot! Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Sep 14, 2015
- shifting reality. an european road trip.[center][/center]
In August 2015 I drove for 30 days around Europe celebrating a decade of friendships and moments. Crossing 14 countries and d Posted by ZackMeursault in One dream, a thousand ways to get there | Sep 13, 2015
- AMA Waterways, Lisbon and the DouroAfter breakfast today, we boarded our buses for a gorgeous trip into the hills to visit Castelo Rodrigo. It is one of the 12 historic villages of Portugal. Its heritage goes back to the 12th century, and town Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Sep 13, 2015
- AMA Waterways, Lisbon and the DouroAs has been our tradition in past cruises, we always take a day off. Rather than a 10 hour bus trip, we relaxed on board on the Portuguese border city of Barca D'Alva. The town is very small Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Sep 13, 2015
- Travelling by Camp in PortugalGuauuuuuuu, what a experience and travel I just had with my girlfriend, I think I really love Portugal. I have seen things there that are really amazing and it makes me feel super. I just want you to see those Posted by TravelVanSpain in Van Hire Trip in Spain | Sep 11, 2015
- AMA Waterways, Lisbon and the DouroOr morning adventure took us to the lovely town of Lamego. With origins before the Roman occupation of the Iberian Peninsula, Lamego is known for its historic city center, having a long history as a principal city of the former Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Sep 11, 2015
- AMA Waterways, Lisbon and the DouroWe got underway this morning for wonderful cruise to Peso de Regua. The highlight of the morning was traversing the largest lift lock in Europe with a lift of 46 meters. It was pretty spectacular. As you Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Sep 11, 2015
- AMA Waterways, Lisbon and the DouroWe left our hotel in Lisbon, and headed north for the three hour journey to Porto where we would embark the AMAVida. On the way we had the honor of visiting one of the three holiest places in Christianity Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Sep 9, 2015