Blog Entries tagged 'Prague'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Prague'
- Great cities of Central Europe: Prague part ISomehow in 47 years of extensive travel first with my parents, and then on my own, I had missed out on Prague. For some time it had been the number one city on my list of the unseen, so I Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 15, 2017
- Heading HomeAs we began our homeward journey, Prague once again was blanketed in fog. Unlike some of our companions who left the hotel at 3:30 AM, we did not have to be ready until 11 AM.
Our first hurdle was cleared Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 26, 2016
- Prague - Day 17 Sunday, 11/20Prague is even more beautiful when the sun comes out!
We took the subway to begin our morning in Wenceslas Square. The National Museum is located here, along with numerous shops, hotels, restaurants, and offices. Historically, the square has been Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 26, 2016
- Prague - Day 16 Saturday, 11/19We awoke to pouring rain, and it continued to rain in varying degrees of intensity throughout the day.
We had a four hour Viking tour of the city that included some time on the bus, but was primarily a walking tour, Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 26, 2016
- Prague - Day 15 Friday, 11/18Founded around the year 885, Prague has been a center of trade and commerce for well over 1000 years. Having survived the destruction of world wars, it's architecture reflects its rich history.
Prague has always been on our "TO DO" Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 24, 2016
- The Golden City Of One Thousand Spires - PRAGUEAt first sight the layout of Prague is definitely medieval - with its narrow-winding-cobblestone streets, tight imposing architecture and the gorgeous Charles Bridge straddling the Vltava river. Within an hour of walking through this city, it dawns on you Posted by Ceej in Around the world .... | Oct 10, 2015
- Praguefood2 Posted by katdouble in Open a door... | Feb 9, 2015
- Praguedfsfsd Posted by katdouble in Open a door... | Feb 9, 2015
- Prague talesMeet our newest friend Pinu, the Pinocchio. High quality hand carved dolls and high quality entertainment shows.
Astronomical clock that has been showin Posted by monktales in monk tales | Dec 2, 2014
- Food Food Glorious Food! - Central Europe (Pre-Intrepid)
My Czech food experience began with lunch at Cestr; A Czech steak house recommended on a Prague food blog (Taste of Prague...check i Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 20, 2014
- Gallery of Europe [Part 3]Hey guys I know its been a while as me and Michelle have been busy on our Intrepid but I have finally managed to gather up some HDR images of our time in Prague, Cesky Krumlov and Vienna.
[b][[https://www.flickr.com/photos/65279968@N07/sets/72157648829 Posted by Lewis_E in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 18, 2014
- The Magic and Mystery - PragueOur time in Prague started with an amazing lunch. Cestr, a Czech steak house was magnificent experience! The restaurants meat is aged for 72 days in house. Needless to say it is soft and tender. I Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 3, 2014
- Prague, Czech After waking up in Munich, and having to deal with my first debilitating hangover of the trip, I made it to the train station and settled in for the 6 hour trip to Prague. Arriving at the hotel around 8pm Posted by CStopero in European Adventure | Oct 3, 2014
- Prague, City of Music Technically that's not true. I think Vienna is. But that's what Prague was for me! I'll still remember the absolutely gorgeous Altstadt/old town most of all, how could anyone forget that. But coming in a close second were the amazing Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jul 25, 2014
- The summer wind I got to Prague at 7.30pm on Tuesday. It was an easy walk to the hostel, and then I ate at a recommended place, Lokal. They were out of pork neck so I had roast beef instead, with bread dumplings Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jul 23, 2014
- And It's Off to PragueAnd we were off to Prague, a 2-1/2 hour drive.
We could not drive our car into Czech, something about a problem with the insurance. We planned to ride the train but at the last minute Dieter got the days off Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 14, 2014
- 3 Days and CountingSuddenly we look up and the calendar says its the middle of June. Oh my, where has time gone? As we finish the preparations for our European journey, it is time to make the final reservations on airbnb, check all Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jun 18, 2014
- Eastern European EscapadesAll throughout the year, one of the things that gave me hope and motivation to get through those long hours at work, was my plane ticket booked to Budapest on the 28th Dec.
Initially, in my naiivity I thought that Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Jan 13, 2014
- Czech It Out, It's The Castle!==Prague never lets you go… this dear little mother has sharp claws –Franz Kafka==
===Since we spent most of the day today on the other side of the river at the castle, we were in unknown territory when it came Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Oct 14, 2013
- Have No Fear, It's Czech Beer... You're In The Clear!=="In Prague, pork is king ... Welcome to Porkopolis, the land that vegetables forgot" - Anthony Bourdain==
===After a confident recommendation from our Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Oct 10, 2013
- What's To Eat? Potatoes And Meat!=="If God did not intend for us to eat animals, then why did he make them out of meat?" - John Cleese==
===Welcome to the land of pork and potatoes! On first stepp Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Oct 8, 2013
- PragueThe first night we stayed in Prague we saw the reasons why some people don't like the city; masses of tourists, loud British stag groups and tacky souvenir shops.
Our next stay was much better. One of Jessie's friends from Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Aug 27, 2013
- OlomoucAfter booking a bus for the wrong day and eventually getting on a train we left Dresden for Prague.
However, as we had extra time to explore we decided to do a trip to another Czech city to see life Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Aug 21, 2013
- Culinary Experiences[float=right][/float]This morning included a sleep in for all of us, a welcome change to the routine after several busy days. As Ben was needing a rest Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jul 21, 2013
- Prague in WordsThis morning as we emerged from the Prague subway Muriel asked me for the camera so she could photograph an optical illusion that occurs on the subway escalator. Everyone appears to be leaning backwards at such a preposterous angle that Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jul 21, 2013