- DohaWhen we arrived in Italy a week ago I didn't change the time on my phone - I just never got around to it. So consequently, when I set two alarms on my phone for 7.00 and 7.05 this morning Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | Jun 20, 2013
- Scent of SpiceArriving in Doha set the tone for a new travel experience. Our hotel is on the edge of Souk Waqif, the market place, looking a little like a set from a movie about the French Foreign Legion. As Posted by Pips trip in A new adventure | Apr 12, 2013
- Doha, QatarIf you take a look at a map, you might be wondering why on earth would we be connecting a flight from Cape Town to Buenos Aires in Doha…. well, that is because it turns out to be half as Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Feb 6, 2013
- Luxurious Layover
What is the right amount of time to decide to stay in a hotel during a layover?
Al was convinced that a 12 1/2 hour layover Posted by Baronessonthego in Al's Adventures | Jul 3, 2012
- Qatar The flight was scheduled to land at 7:00 pm, after 12 hours in the air. Instead, at 7:00 we were pulling up to the hotel. This was thanks to the ease of getting thought the Doha airport. Posted by Baronessonthego in Al's Adventures | Jul 2, 2012
- The Call To PrayerThe first wkend here Dwayne took us to Sealine Beach. This place is well known for "dune bashing". A 4x4 is a "must-have" unless you like pushing yourself out of a sand dune. Sealine Beach, as well as the desert, Posted by barefootin in A Gypsy At Heart... | Sep 3, 2011
- Pinch Me, Am I Dreaming?The day after we got here, my husband took us out driving around town a bit. There are so many beautiful, amazing, intriguing buildings here. We live in the heart of downtown Doha, so we see alot of the buildings Posted by barefootin in A Gypsy At Heart... | Aug 26, 2011
- We're Here!!Stepping off the plane at the airport, we were greeted with a blast of hot, humid, sweaty desert air. If there's a Hell, I think I just stepped foot in it. The air was so thick, I was lucky I Posted by barefootin in A Gypsy At Heart... | Aug 24, 2011
- Homeward BoundAm writing this from Doha, Qatar.....the home of international soccer apparently....what a joke. Anyway, we are now on our way home and waiting for our connecting flight to Melbourne.
The last couple of days have been spent soaking up another half Posted by mljjs in Ando's Meet the Pharaohs | Jan 4, 2012
- Daily NoteWelcome !
Let we know, why we are here please wait for until that.
Thanks Posted by pandiyan in HSE Page note by pandiyan | Sep 19, 2011
- Finding Comfort in ChaosWell, I am still loving my apartment and anxiously awaiting the arrival of my shipment (all of my personal items). I just spoke with the shipping agent and my items are currently going through customs and should be here in Posted by kjdeichler in Kat's Adventures in Qatar | Aug 23, 2011
- The fun has arrived! :)Well, I have officially made it! Despite visa rejections, shipping problems, and a super long 14 hour flight, I am finally in Doha.
My father and I arrived in Doha at 7pm last night after our 14 hour direct flight. The Posted by kjdeichler in Kat's Adventures in Qatar | Aug 20, 2011
- In TransitI'll just say this right at the start; of all the airports to get stuck in this is one of the worst. The seats are all made of rubber. Most of the food is fried and the whole experience is Posted by CharliePepper in Turkiye | Apr 4, 2011
- Doha QatarWe fly with Qatar Airways from KL to Doha. Transit in Doha in couple hours and fly Qatar Airways again to London. The same also happen when we fly back from London to KL. Transit in Doha International Airport.
[map=265088 Posted by kekgi in My Travel Photo Story | May 17, 2011
- note to selfpeople watching is infinitely more interesting than staring out a window. also, you may get smiled at. which is nice when its not creepy.
7 hours down. 7 to go. Posted by alexD in just.see | Mar 5, 2011
- DohaIn Doha! trying to entertain myself. for 14 hours. its harder than you think. and i know you think it would be hard.
So, had a minor (major) freakout on friday saying goodbye to everyone. weird weird weird. but got on Posted by alexD in just.see | Mar 4, 2011
- I came, I saw, and I left. Again. As my Airbus A330-300 operated by Qatar Airways touched down at the Doha international Airport (DIA), I was excited to see how the newly opened Arrival hall would be like. DIA will be my transit stop for the next 8 Posted by jtiew in J.Tiew travels | Feb 5, 2011
- The middle of the world0135hrs, DOHA INTL
The stream of lights looked like glittering jewels etched on a black canvas, illuminating the desert floor as the plane descended towards the runway. We huddled into a bus to take us to the terminal. Funny thing about Posted by dmak in Explore Me | Feb 5, 2011
- DohaI set off at 3:20pm from Albury on Boxing Day, it is now 7:30pm on Karate Day Victorian time. The first 27 hours have been uneventful, punctuated with naps, movies and food.
I've been in Doha for 5 hours and have Posted by tessmudge in Winter in Europe | Dec 27, 2010
- Doha International AirportAfter a comfortable 8hr flight from Jhb to Doha, Qatar, I arrived at a very hot, very busy Doha International Airport. I intended to relax, have a drink and watch the finals of the Soccer World Cup (just as every Posted by sue_v in Time-out in Asia | Aug 7, 2010
- Trip to QatarI'm here in Qatar, got my own villa. I'm attaching a pic; no more having to hassle with nasty toilet paper. I love air travel! Some things haven't changed much since I flew home after the Navy Posted by Wojaj in Woja's Travels | Jul 19, 2010
- hey One of my co-teachers ask me: hey, teacher michelle! I did some research with Yuri ( a student that we both handle) about her homework. You might want to add something. Question is "How did Posted by ellehcim in Kakulay | Jun 3, 2010
- November 29th - December 14th, Qatar, Berlin, UKNovember 29th, 30th, December 1st
Departure from Jordan and arrival in Doha, Qatar. We transited in Bahrain amid much Christmas cheer in the airport - dancing, singing, trumpet playing santas almost outnumbered passengers! And so we were back in Qatar - Posted by Patrick H. in Patrick Hillman's Travels | Dec 4, 2009
- Fancy Holiday to East Coast UsAll the paper works and travel documents preparation are there, ticket, visa, exit permit, international driving license, and everything... I could not wait any longer... and it is still two days away before my departure, the daily routine is still Posted by NPearson in Seasoned Traveller | Jul 24, 2007
- Trip to QatarQatar is a peninsular country located on the Persian Gulf. It is historically known for it's pearl oysters and is currently undergoing a major economic transformation very similar to Dubai. Doha, the country's capital and largest city, is Posted by Geodyssey in Keith's Capers | Nov 13, 2008