- Decided to Travel AbroadAfter much thought, I decided on international travel. After about 16 hours of flight time and 4 hours of layovers, I landed in Doha, Qatar. Waiting for another flight to take me to Goa, India.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/838674/large_Doha Posted by coneydog in Coney Dog Discovery Trip | Jun 11, 2016
- The Excellent Adventure begins!We feel like we've been planning and getting excited for ages but can't quite believe the day has actually arrived. Logging off the work emails and heading to the airport seemed almost surreal. Unfortunately the 14 hour plane flight to Posted by Ssisters in March Meanderings | Mar 4, 2016
- Qatar StopoverI set foot on Western Europe for the first time in my life in November this year, and I visited cities in Italy (Cinque Terre, Rome, Florence & Milan), Vatican City, London, Paris and Versailles in a span of 2 Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 4, 2015
- CroatiaWe left for Croatia with Qatar Airways. The stop over in Doha is from11h30 to 7h15. Quite a lot of hours to kill. Luckily we found the silent room where we tried to get a few hours Posted by backpackgran in Granny on the move | Apr 22, 2015
- Doha airportArrived in Doha this morning 12:02. Just in time for the flight to Saigon. Look at pics, biggest teddy bear ever and yes, you can win a Lamborghini anda a Harley.
[img=http://photos.trav Posted by GT Travel in GT Travel | Nov 2, 2014
- Arusha - Nairobi - Doha - London - BristolWe have a few hours today before our evening flight back to Nairobi and onwards, so Tillya has decided we are going out for a little adventure. That suits us. Relaxing is for wimps.
We start off with a visit Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 19, 2014
- Traveling Day 1 Dallas-Doha, QatarAs we relax in the cool AC at the Coral Hotel in Doha, Qatar, we look back on the past 24 hrs as a whirlwind of culture shock! Travis and I left AR at 11am and drove to Dallas to Posted by TandLTrip in Journey2Africa | Jul 9, 2014
- DohaWhen we arrived in Italy a week ago I didn't change the time on my phone - I just never got around to it. So consequently, when I set two alarms on my phone for 7.00 and 7.05 this morning Posted by Gibbo54 in Two Idiots Abroad | Jun 20, 2013
- Scent of SpiceArriving in Doha set the tone for a new travel experience. Our hotel is on the edge of Souk Waqif, the market place, looking a little like a set from a movie about the French Foreign Legion. As Posted by Pips trip in A new adventure | Apr 12, 2013
- Doha, QatarIf you take a look at a map, you might be wondering why on earth would we be connecting a flight from Cape Town to Buenos Aires in Doha…. well, that is because it turns out to be half as Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Feb 6, 2013
- Luxurious Layover
What is the right amount of time to decide to stay in a hotel during a layover?
Al was convinced that a 12 1/2 hour layover Posted by Baronessonthego in Al's Adventures | Jul 3, 2012
- Qatar The flight was scheduled to land at 7:00 pm, after 12 hours in the air. Instead, at 7:00 we were pulling up to the hotel. This was thanks to the ease of getting thought the Doha airport. Posted by Baronessonthego in Al's Adventures | Jul 2, 2012
- The Call To PrayerThe first wkend here Dwayne took us to Sealine Beach. This place is well known for "dune bashing". A 4x4 is a "must-have" unless you like pushing yourself out of a sand dune. Sealine Beach, as well as the desert, Posted by barefootin in A Gypsy At Heart... | Sep 3, 2011
- Pinch Me, Am I Dreaming?The day after we got here, my husband took us out driving around town a bit. There are so many beautiful, amazing, intriguing buildings here. We live in the heart of downtown Doha, so we see alot of the buildings Posted by barefootin in A Gypsy At Heart... | Aug 26, 2011
- We're Here!!Stepping off the plane at the airport, we were greeted with a blast of hot, humid, sweaty desert air. If there's a Hell, I think I just stepped foot in it. The air was so thick, I was lucky I Posted by barefootin in A Gypsy At Heart... | Aug 24, 2011
- Homeward BoundAm writing this from Doha, Qatar.....the home of international soccer apparently....what a joke. Anyway, we are now on our way home and waiting for our connecting flight to Melbourne.
The last couple of days have been spent soaking up another half Posted by mljjs in Ando's Meet the Pharaohs | Jan 4, 2012
- Daily NoteWelcome !
Let we know, why we are here please wait for until that.
Thanks Posted by pandiyan in HSE Page note by pandiyan | Sep 19, 2011
- Finding Comfort in ChaosWell, I am still loving my apartment and anxiously awaiting the arrival of my shipment (all of my personal items). I just spoke with the shipping agent and my items are currently going through customs and should be here in Posted by kjdeichler in Kat's Adventures in Qatar | Aug 23, 2011
- The fun has arrived! :)Well, I have officially made it! Despite visa rejections, shipping problems, and a super long 14 hour flight, I am finally in Doha.
My father and I arrived in Doha at 7pm last night after our 14 hour direct flight. The Posted by kjdeichler in Kat's Adventures in Qatar | Aug 20, 2011
- In TransitI'll just say this right at the start; of all the airports to get stuck in this is one of the worst. The seats are all made of rubber. Most of the food is fried and the whole experience is Posted by CharliePepper in Turkiye | Apr 4, 2011
- Doha QatarWe fly with Qatar Airways from KL to Doha. Transit in Doha in couple hours and fly Qatar Airways again to London. The same also happen when we fly back from London to KL. Transit in Doha International Airport.
[map=265088 Posted by kekgi in My Travel Photo Story | May 17, 2011
- note to selfpeople watching is infinitely more interesting than staring out a window. also, you may get smiled at. which is nice when its not creepy.
7 hours down. 7 to go. Posted by alexD in just.see | Mar 5, 2011
- DohaIn Doha! trying to entertain myself. for 14 hours. its harder than you think. and i know you think it would be hard.
So, had a minor (major) freakout on friday saying goodbye to everyone. weird weird weird. but got on Posted by alexD in just.see | Mar 4, 2011
- I came, I saw, and I left. Again. As my Airbus A330-300 operated by Qatar Airways touched down at the Doha international Airport (DIA), I was excited to see how the newly opened Arrival hall would be like. DIA will be my transit stop for the next 8 Posted by jtiew in J.Tiew travels | Feb 5, 2011
- The middle of the world0135hrs, DOHA INTL
The stream of lights looked like glittering jewels etched on a black canvas, illuminating the desert floor as the plane descended towards the runway. We huddled into a bus to take us to the terminal. Funny thing about Posted by dmak in Explore Me | Feb 5, 2011