- Indian Ocean Islands
We are not as enthusiastic about the Indian Ocean ports as other ports we have visited (cf. post on The Maldives)! The Maldives, Mauritius, and Réunion all have reportedly fabulous resorts, but the fabulosity doesn’t seem to extend beyond Posted by HopeEakins in Around the World with Bill and Hope | Mar 26, 2013
- Day 135 : Last day on Reunion IslandBon Jou!
So i've been here for almost a month (I ended up extended my plane ticket another week, which ended up being perfect because on my original departure date there was a cyclone so I would not have been able Posted by dutchnomad in Finding a nook at noon | Feb 19, 2013
- Bien, Bien, Bien, Bien...Habituez-vous a etre satisfaitAmsterdam-Munich-Johannesberg-Mauritius-Reunion...but I finally made it!
I left wednesday and arrived friday morning after a number of hours of travel. I got picked up by Youri and Virginie (whom I met at Mada) and i'm here to stay for 3 amazing weeks. Posted by dutchnomad in Finding a nook at noon | Jan 17, 2013
- Day 45 - 52Our stay in Reunion is just about complete, we catch a plane tomorrow morning to Mauritius. Reunion is nice. Very French. Again not much English spoken here. Expensive too. Here is what we got up to in the last week Posted by CraigHel in Southern Africa Journey | Oct 25, 2011
- The reason why we came to Reunion...Yes, this trip had a purpose and was not only pure pleasure (at least not for Tommy). Find the nicest spot on earth halfway between Australia and Europe and it is Reunion. Seven environmental scientists from Europe, Asia and Australia/USA Posted by TommyNicki in Down Under | Apr 21, 2011
- Reunion - a hiker's paradiseAt the centre of the island are washed-out volcanic craters and one of them, the Cirque the Mafate, is so steep and inaccessible that there are no more roads. You can only walk! There are two villages in the Cirque Posted by TommyNicki in Down Under | Apr 20, 2011
- FRIDAY - APR. 8
Here we are, 500 miles due east of the island of Madagascar, on the French island of Réunion. There are high volcanic cliffs, a range of climates, an Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 3 | Apr 11, 2011
- Country charme on ReunionFor relaxing we found this extraordinary Creole Country house approximately 700m above sea level with a phantastic view over St. Paul. The icing on the cake was the jaccuzi in the manicured garden and the 3-course gourmet home made dinner. Posted by TommyNicki in Down Under | Apr 2, 2011
- Mountain hideaway on ReunionAfter a few days we headed away from the coast and up the outer slopes of what was once a vast volcano. A sleepy, rural village called Tevelave was our base. From there we started small expeditions up the mountain Posted by TommyNicki in Down Under | Apr 2, 2011
- Bonjour Reunion!After 11 hours in the air we arrived on a true paradise island: Reunion.
Our first stay was at Senteur Vanille, a lodge in a mango plantation. Mangoes en masse for brekki, lunch and dinner with a taste to die for! Posted by TommyNicki in Down Under | Apr 1, 2011
- Créol Spice;The French Island in the middle of the Indian Ocean had never really been a destination I was aware of, until the offer came about in July 2006 to spend 2 weeks during my final year at school. Once the Posted by clancy_of_ in Adventures and Challenges, My 18th Year | Aug 17, 2006