- Cruise Day Thirty Seven - Pointe Des Galets, ReunionThe island's mountains blocked the sunrise which limited my photo opportunities. Decided to stay up on Deck 15 to take some images of the port as we entered. The size and extent of the infrastructure is surprisingly extensive. Posted by greynomadm in 2016-01 Indian Ocean | Feb 14, 2016
- Cruise Day Thirty Six - 23rd Day @ SeaOvernight the ship has changed course slightly and is now sailing NorthEast. This places the sunrise off the starboard bow. The swell continues to rock the ship but the sick bags have been removed. The sunrise started Posted by greynomadm in 2016-01 Indian Ocean | Feb 13, 2016
- Cruise Day Thirty Five - 22nd Day @ SeaThis morning was similar to yesterday, the ship is sailing at 18 knots on an East NorthEasterly course, there's a SouthWesterly breeze resulting in very little wind across the deck. There were more clouds this morning which combined with Posted by greynomadm in 2016-01 Indian Ocean | Feb 12, 2016
- Day 31Today we had our third attempt at the helicopter trip and this time we actually got to take off.
[i Posted by JenBuckley in Indian Ocean | May 10, 2014
- Day 29-30Yesterday was my birthday and our 10th wedding anniversary. We decided to treat ourselves and take a helicopter tour of the island. Pick-up was scheduled for 7:20, but just as we were about to leave the room the company rang Posted by JenBuckley in Indian Ocean | May 9, 2014
- Day 27-28Yesterday we left our hotel after breakfast to go back to the airport for the short flight to the Island of Reunion.
I forgot to check the flight the day before and was a bit shocked to find the flight was Posted by JenBuckley in Indian Ocean | May 8, 2014
- La Possession, Reunion Again, I was expecting a small island....uninhabited. But no,,, this lovely island brought back memories of being in France, Spain and a huge European flair.
A tiny port on the north side of Reunion, La Possession Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Mar 27, 2014
- Indian Ocean Islands
We are not as enthusiastic about the Indian Ocean ports as other ports we have visited (cf. post on The Maldives)! The Maldives, Mauritius, and Réunion all have reportedly fabulous resorts, but the fabulosity doesn’t seem to extend beyond Posted by HopeEakins in Around the World with Bill and Hope | Mar 26, 2013
- Day 135 : Last day on Reunion IslandBon Jou!
So i've been here for almost a month (I ended up extended my plane ticket another week, which ended up being perfect because on my original departure date there was a cyclone so I would not have been able Posted by dutchnomad in Finding a nook at noon | Feb 19, 2013
- Bien, Bien, Bien, Bien...Habituez-vous a etre satisfaitAmsterdam-Munich-Johannesberg-Mauritius-Reunion...but I finally made it!
I left wednesday and arrived friday morning after a number of hours of travel. I got picked up by Youri and Virginie (whom I met at Mada) and i'm here to stay for 3 amazing weeks. Posted by dutchnomad in Finding a nook at noon | Jan 17, 2013
- Day 45 - 52Our stay in Reunion is just about complete, we catch a plane tomorrow morning to Mauritius. Reunion is nice. Very French. Again not much English spoken here. Expensive too. Here is what we got up to in the last week Posted by CraigHel in Southern Africa Journey | Oct 25, 2011
- The reason why we came to Reunion...Yes, this trip had a purpose and was not only pure pleasure (at least not for Tommy). Find the nicest spot on earth halfway between Australia and Europe and it is Reunion. Seven environmental scientists from Europe, Asia and Australia/USA Posted by TommyNicki in Down Under | Apr 21, 2011
- Reunion - a hiker's paradiseAt the centre of the island are washed-out volcanic craters and one of them, the Cirque the Mafate, is so steep and inaccessible that there are no more roads. You can only walk! There are two villages in the Cirque Posted by TommyNicki in Down Under | Apr 20, 2011
- FRIDAY - APR. 8
Here we are, 500 miles due east of the island of Madagascar, on the French island of Réunion. There are high volcanic cliffs, a range of climates, an Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 3 | Apr 11, 2011
- Country charme on ReunionFor relaxing we found this extraordinary Creole Country house approximately 700m above sea level with a phantastic view over St. Paul. The icing on the cake was the jaccuzi in the manicured garden and the 3-course gourmet home made dinner. Posted by TommyNicki in Down Under | Apr 2, 2011
- Mountain hideaway on ReunionAfter a few days we headed away from the coast and up the outer slopes of what was once a vast volcano. A sleepy, rural village called Tevelave was our base. From there we started small expeditions up the mountain Posted by TommyNicki in Down Under | Apr 2, 2011
- Bonjour Reunion!After 11 hours in the air we arrived on a true paradise island: Reunion.
Our first stay was at Senteur Vanille, a lodge in a mango plantation. Mangoes en masse for brekki, lunch and dinner with a taste to die for! Posted by TommyNicki in Down Under | Apr 1, 2011
- Créol Spice;The French Island in the middle of the Indian Ocean had never really been a destination I was aware of, until the offer came about in July 2006 to spend 2 weeks during my final year at school. Once the Posted by clancy_of_ in Adventures and Challenges, My 18th Year | Aug 17, 2006