Blog Entries tagged 'Riga'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Riga'
- First stop: Lithuania capital VilniusThe main thing to learn about the old town of Vilnius is probably the vast number of churches that are spread around the city. Almost on every corner you can find a chapel or cathedral, every single one with its Posted by fuechsken in A Travel Bug's Tales | Feb 11, 2015
- Riga, LatviaI departed my hotel in Vienna, and headed for the airport. I had booked a ticket on one of the many budget airlines in Europe, where a plane ticket costs less then the train or bus. Vienna airport was much Posted by CStopero in European Adventure | Nov 3, 2014
Posted by triciajohansson in TRICIA JOHANSSON | Jul 27, 2012
Posted by triciajohansson in TRICIA JOHANSSON | Jul 26, 2012
- RigaRiga was a city I was incredibly eager to come see. It has the largest collection of Art Nouveau architecture in the world and I couldn't wait to see it but first after our exhausting night getting to Riga, Ruby Posted by awowchuk in Sun Siberia and Snow | Sep 4, 2012
- A Stroll Around the Harbour...Tallin, Estonia – September 15th
The idea of this trip is certainly not about having 26 fortnight breaks away on holiday and treating it as that, I cannot go out and have big nights out and come rolling back in Posted by beatski in incidentals | Sep 27, 2011
- Baltic BlastWhen we first left on our trip, the top three Baltic countries (Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia) had always seemed so far away but finally we were here, which also means the end is nigh. This region has been such Posted by Ange and Adam in Ange and Adam's European Adventure | Aug 26, 2011
- Gunpowder, Goblins and BlackheadsRiga, Latvia
For our first full day in Riga we set out to explore the Old Town. With overcast skies, however, it was a little colder than we used to and so, after a healthy breakfast of French pastries (!), we Posted by jamesh1066 in Overland from Europe to China and beyond | Jun 14, 2011
- Cycling to Šiauliai and on to Riga, comradeŠiauliai, Lithuania – Riga, Latvia
The Hill of Crosses (Kryžių Kalnas) is one of the key tourist attractions in Lithuania – a two-hump hillock blanketed by thousands of crosses. Each and every cross represents the amazing spirit, soulfulness and quietl Posted by jamesh1066 in Overland from Europe to China and beyond | Jun 13, 2011