- Exploring TransylvaniaAs the title suggests, i am now in Transylvania! It took another overnight train which again was not the most comfortable but i am here in one piece. Again, i will talk a bit about yesterday before i get onto Posted by BredG10 in Making Tracks | May 13, 2011
- RomaniaDay 15
Not knowing where to go next we decided on Transylvania because of all the great reports and it sounded so different from where we had already been. Our train arrived at the Sighisoara Station at noonish. Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Sep 29, 2013
- The (unsuccessful) Hunt for Count Dracula=="Where is Dracula’s castle?" - Disappointed tourist.==
===One of the well known dishes in Romania is Ciorba, which is a sour soup. It has vegetables and meat in it, and the broth has a souring agent such as lemon juice Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Aug 14, 2013
- Brasov: The (stake in the) Heart of Transylvania=="I don't need a sign to tell me where I live" - Brasov Citizen==
===So it was about time we discovered a decent place to eat on our first day! This time Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Aug 13, 2013
- Sibiu - Get Some Pork on Your Fork==“Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” — Lawrence Block==
===We heade Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Aug 13, 2013
- Tenacious Timisoara=="Of course, I grew up in Communist Romania, but I am happy to say that now our country is democratic, and prospering, since the revolution in 1989." - Nadia Comaneci ==
==[u]Foodie moment[/ Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Aug 11, 2013
- What an amazing week!!!
What an incredible week with Habitat for Humanity Beius. First, I'd like to thank all the folks, my good friends, on site who helped us all week long. So to Emil, Claudiu, Valer, Mihai, Nelu Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2013 | Aug 11, 2013
- Romantic Romania10th July
Today we cruised around the rural Maramureș region of Romania in a van with a local guide.
S Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Aug 9, 2013
- The Foundation is Done and We're heading to Beius!So much to write about!!!
We started work on Wednesday morning a bit earlier so that we could end earlier and get out of the hot sun. And we went straight to work on prepping the two foundations. Within minutes Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2013 | Aug 9, 2013
- Second day - Lots of Sun and Laughs on SiteOur second day on the site started off with everyone continuing their jobs from the previous day. We had the rebar assembly line in place and my crew continued making our picnic table. Several homeowners were busy filling the foundation Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2013 | Aug 6, 2013
- First Day on Site!!!We're finally in Romania! It is so nice to return back to my summer home and see all my friends at Habitat Beius.
We had a great day on site with building rebar and the wooden supports for the house. Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2013 | Aug 5, 2013
- Transfaragarian HighwayDay 9 -Transfaragarian Highway
A very unusual start to the day today, I found out that Mark has a hidden talent! I caught him with Holly as I went to get Ladivas keys. Holly lets him practice in her Posted by Vicky Bailey in Windy500 | Jun 23, 2013
- BrasovDay 8 - Brasov
Brasoff or Braysoff....im not sure how its pronounced but thats where we were heading.
Entering Romania it was clear this place was behind other places we had been to. That's mainly in the countryside though. Posted by Vicky Bailey in Windy500 | Jun 23, 2013
- calator 1 prin clujTunelele Clujului. Legende si realitati istorice
Cei mai multi dintre clujeni au auzit, probabil, relatari referitoare la misterioasele tunele subterane ale orasului, ale caror origini ar Posted by ioanamatros in Home | Jun 5, 2013
- Harlem Shaking in Cluj-NapocaAfter a semi-concious train ride from Budapest I arrived in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, a town I had only just learned existed a few days ago from a guy at my Budapest hostel. He was heading there on the recommendation of a Posted by jesse.tutor in Trains and Thoughts | Mar 9, 2013
- Mwa ha ha haSo day 2 in Bucharest was the tour of Transylvania. My guide picked me up early in the morning for the long car ride to two famous castles in Romania's northern region. We talk a bit on the Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 12, 2012
- Greetings BucharestSo I arrive to Bucharest early in the morning to what appears to be a monsoon. Its pouring rain and winds are gusting from one direction to another. I step off the train to Bucharest's very bustling Gara Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 12, 2012
- Transylvania, Brasov, Dracula's Castle, Bucharest, RomaniaBrasov Romania Oct 18
We took the all night train from Budapest to Brasov commencing our journey at 730 pm. It is a 12 hour trip and we have booked a sleeping car which turns out to be compact and Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 18, 2013
- Back from RomaniaReturning from Romania, I must say I was surprised, as I was expecting a much different Romanian capital.
Modernized and noticeably influenced by European Union's fundings and external money, Bucharest has become a vibrant capital, as much as any other Posted by danics in World Away | Nov 7, 2012
- Train from Romania to BudapestGot up early and ate a very fast breakfast after finding out that the 1:00 train from Baia Mare did not run on Mondays. I was not looking forward to this long travel day, but anxious to get going, not Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Nov 6, 2012
- Maramures, Romania Day 2Woke up and had a taxi driver pick me up at my guesthouse and drive me to the Merry Cemetery in Sapanta. The grave markers are handcarved and brightly painted with portraits of the deceased or scenes from their Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Nov 6, 2012
- Transylvania Terrors
Password: ElMundo Posted by IsabelK in Learning Through Exploring | Oct 22, 2012
- Maramures, RomaniaI left Sighisoara on a minibus to Targu Mures where I had to wait at the bus station for two hours for a connecting minibus to Sighet. I took out my laptop and watched an episode of "Shark Tank" while Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Nov 4, 2012
- Transylvania Terrors
Password: ElMundo Posted by The Klems in Klemmerabilia | Oct 24, 2012
- Romania FavoritesJames:
1. I liked the castle and both of the parks.
2. I liked the hike in Brasov.
3. I liked the hot chocolate in Bucharest.
M Posted by lschmidt in Learning Through Exploring | Oct 22, 2012