- Danube Delta
After the wine and moonshine last night, we both slept well. A little too well I think, as David wakes up with a bad back this morning.
Breakfast consists of a typical cont Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 9, 2016
- Galați - Tulcea - Crișan (Danube Delta)I have a rude awakening from a nightmare this morning, but it’s time to get up anyway. We wander down to breakfast at the Vila Belvedere and are soon joined by Andrei.
Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 8, 2016
- Sucevita - Voronet - Târpeşti - GalațiAfter all the beer, home made wine and double distilled moonshine yesterday evening, I slept deeply last night; and woke up feeling deservedly groggy this morning.
I sit on the balcony for a while, hoping the fresh air might make Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 7, 2016
- Sucevita - Moldovita - Marginea - SucevitaDespite all the snoozing I did in the car yesterday, I slept really well last night. The room was nice and cool, the bed comfortable, and we had two single quilts rather than one double. Luxury! I have never understood Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 6, 2016
- Tiraspol – Causeni – Et Cetera – RomaniaAfter last night's debauchery, I am in a deep sleep when the alarm goes off this morning. Unfortunately not mine. Debauchery, that is; The alarm is sadly very much mine.
I notice a huge bruise has appeared on my wrist Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Sep 5, 2016
- Timisoara, RomaniaWe completed our longest train leg of this trip by boarding the train in Salzburg at 9am and travelling through Innsbruck, Vienna and arriving in Budapest. We changed trains there and left at 3pm for Timisoara, arriving just after 9pm. Posted by ShelleyJ in Eurail Adventures | Sep 27, 2016
- Day 4 Rain and SunshineJack estimates that we did 318 miles today including a border crossing which took only half an hour.
My boots had only just semi dried out and now they are soaked again and starting to smell sweet! but that's what Posted by Speedmaster58 in Wrong Way round to Sweden via Mongolia | Jun 15, 2016
- Day 3 in Europe==Romania==
is a central European country known for the forested region of Transylvania, preserved medieval towns such as Sighişoara and many fortified churches and castles, notably cliff top Bran Castle, long associated with the Dracula legend. From Cr Posted by Joshua Baldon in Get busy livin life (^-^) | Jun 2, 2016
- Martisor as Authentic Romanian TraditionAs March 1st is here, it is almost compulsory to speak about such a beautiful Romanian tradition as spring forerunner. The season down is celebrated differently in villages of Romania, but two things remain unchanged: the red and white color Posted by SanoTouring in Romania for all | Mar 10, 2016
- What Bucharest can offer?Bucharest is an emergent destination and the following years many tourists may wish to visit it for leisure - as it sounds exotic, but also because most important travel guides have recommended Romania as destination, and Bucharest is the country’s Posted by SanoTouring in Romania for all | Feb 1, 2016
- Conacul Bellu, Urlati / Bellu Mansion, Urlati, RomaniaLa o ora si jumatate de condus masina dinspre Bucuresti, se afla vechea localitate prahoveana Urlati (un nume cu origini de pe vremea gotilor), un loc ascuns printre dealuri, binecuvantat cu peisaje frumoase si... vinuri alese.
Nu departe de centrul ur Posted by The Pilgrim in The Pilgrim | Jan 6, 2016
- Authentic boutique accommodation in rural RomaniaIf you ever considered having a relaxing holiday in an authentic countryside, enjoying in the meantime all the options of a boutique accommodation, then you have a list of choices here, in Romania! Why are we telling you this right Posted by SanoTouring in Romania for all | Nov 11, 2015
- Dracula and the Gypsies of RomaniaHaving left Serbia well rested we were ready to experience what Romania had to offer! Nathan and I had intentionally travelled through the Baltics at a blistering pace to allow a solid week in Romania. Our initial thoughts of Romania Posted by nathanruth in Backpacks, Buses and Beyond | Sep 11, 2015
- THE NO PLAN PLAN
The question I get asked most often, from old and new friends, family, and other travelers, is "What are you doing with your life?"
So I thought this would be a good place to start.
I Posted by madpacker in Madpacker | May 17, 2015
- Join our community.We publish our community management on gummytraveler( dot ) com our ideas about group leisures on travel.
Because we have so many ideas to share we invite all of you to join our new projects.
We hope to make more larger this Posted by Gummy Traveler in Joint Venture Lab. | Mar 23, 2015
- Passage to Eastern Europe on the Viking EmblaThis was my first trip since Heather and I parted ways after her summer trip to Vancouver. So after almost four years of happy adventures I had to, as they say, get on with my life.
And after Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Dec 5, 2014
- Gallery of Europe [Part 4]Hey guys heres a very brief one on the photos taken during our Intrepid tour of Eastern Europe, I have decided to pick a few photos out of the lot that standout more rather than upload a month worth of Posted by Lewis_E in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Dec 2, 2014
- Food Food Glorious Food! - Intrepid EditionOur Intrepid Trip began in Hungary with numerous varieties of Langos (Fried Bread) It was drool worthy. Bread dough deep fried and served hot covered in lashings of sour cream, cheese and our choice of fresh tomato. The flavour combination Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 8, 2014
- Intrepid Tour 2 - Romania
Slightly sleep deprived we had a massive day of travelling from Eger and ended up in Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 5, 2014
2nd Sep to 6th Sep: Today we were making our way to Bucharest, Romania. We had prepurchased tickets so all we had to do was get there. We caught a taxi to the local station where we had to wait Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Oct 25, 2014
- 2nd Lost Luggage Arrived IntactWe retrieved the 2nd missing luggage today at the airport. Hoorah!! (( Just a week late . . . )) God is faithful!
Everything is intact; and we cleared customs without a tax & without anything being siezed. Posted by buniconk in Conklin's Europe Trip - Autumn 2014 | Oct 7, 2014
- We're here but our luggage is not . . . Dave looked back in his past journals and confirmed this is not the first time we've lost luggage with Air France. Arghh......
We had a delightful journey -- good connections, nice lounges for reasonable layovers, and good flights. The Posted by buniconk in Conklin's Europe Trip - Autumn 2014 | Oct 4, 2014
- Lost Luggage Update: PLEASE KEEP PRAYING===We retrieved ONE bag today . . . but it wasn't the one we expected. ===We understood this first recovered piece was to be the trunk with 250 prs of glasses & other project supplies that we intended to use Posted by buniconk in Conklin's Europe Trip - Autumn 2014 | Oct 5, 2014
- Last Impressions of the ChildrenAs we are now leaving Keresztur and moving on to our next adventure, we thought we would do our final impressions of the children to compare it to our first ones.
Hanni - Hanni stayed fairly distant during our time at Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 29, 2014
- 24.09.14Sorry we haven't written for a few days - it's been very busy!
Celebrating Rosh Hashana in Bucharest was certainly a unique experience. After a 5 hour drive, we arrived at the Hotel International - a luxury compared to our Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 24, 2014