- Exploring TransylvaniaAs the title suggests, i am now in Transylvania! It took another overnight train which again was not the most comfortable but i am here in one piece. Again, i will talk a bit about yesterday before i get onto Posted by BredG10 in Making Tracks | May 13, 2011
- RomaniaDay 15
Not knowing where to go next we decided on Transylvania because of all the great reports and it sounded so different from where we had already been. Our train arrived at the Sighisoara Station at noonish. Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Sep 29, 2013
- The (unsuccessful) Hunt for Count Dracula=="Where is Dracula’s castle?" - Disappointed tourist.==
===One of the well known dishes in Romania is Ciorba, which is a sour soup. It has vegetables and meat in it, and the broth has a souring agent such as lemon juice Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Aug 14, 2013
- Brasov: The (stake in the) Heart of Transylvania=="I don't need a sign to tell me where I live" - Brasov Citizen==
===So it was about time we discovered a decent place to eat on our first day! This time Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Aug 13, 2013
- Sibiu - Get Some Pork on Your Fork==“Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” — Lawrence Block==
===We heade Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Aug 13, 2013
- Romania 15th JulyToday we arrived in Bucharest, the capital of Romania. Unfortunately it lacks the charm of the rest of the villages and towns in the rest of the country. If this is the only part of Romania people see, it would Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Aug 14, 2013
- Romania 14th JulyToday was a very touristy day. First stop was Bran Castle, which is thought of as Dracula's castle by many, though he was not the main resident if he even was one at all. This place sees 6000 visitors a Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Aug 13, 2013
- Romania 13th JulyThis morning the Romanian train staff did us a massive disservice. First they told us to get onto the wrong train. Secondly after the conductor told us we were on the wrong one when we got to the next station Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Aug 12, 2013
- Tenacious Timisoara=="Of course, I grew up in Communist Romania, but I am happy to say that now our country is democratic, and prospering, since the revolution in 1989." - Nadia Comaneci ==
==[u]Foodie moment[/ Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Aug 11, 2013
- Romania 12th JulyLeaving Sighișoara in the afternoon, after climbing the watch tower and visiting the small museums we headed to Viscri.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/484888/romania_day_3__4_. Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Aug 11, 2013
- What an amazing week!!!
What an incredible week with Habitat for Humanity Beius. First, I'd like to thank all the folks, my good friends, on site who helped us all week long. So to Emil, Claudiu, Valer, Mihai, Nelu Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2013 | Aug 11, 2013
- Romania 11th JulyThe symbol of the Maramureş is the wool spindle, as this was a primary source of income for the area.
Travelling from Maramureş to Sighișoara, the suspected birthplace of Vlad "te Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Aug 10, 2013
- Romania 10th JulyToday we cruised around the rural Maramureș region of Romania in a van with a local guide.
Starting with the UNE Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Aug 9, 2013
- The Foundation is Done and We're heading to Beius!So much to write about!!!
We started work on Wednesday morning a bit earlier so that we could end earlier and get out of the hot sun. And we went straight to work on prepping the two foundations. Within minutes Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2013 | Aug 9, 2013
- Second day - Lots of Sun and Laughs on SiteOur second day on the site started off with everyone continuing their jobs from the previous day. We had the rebar assembly line in place and my crew continued making our picnic table. Several homeowners were busy filling the foundation Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2013 | Aug 6, 2013
- First Day on Site!!!We're finally in Romania! It is so nice to return back to my summer home and see all my friends at Habitat Beius.
We had a great day on site with building rebar and the wooden supports for the house. Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2013 | Aug 5, 2013
- Transfaragarian HighwayDay 9 -Transfaragarian Highway
A very unusual start to the day today, I found out that Mark has a hidden talent! I caught him with Holly as I went to get Ladivas keys. Holly lets him practice in her Posted by Vicky Bailey in Windy500 | Jun 23, 2013
- BrasovDay 8 - Brasov
Brasoff or Braysoff....im not sure how its pronounced but thats where we were heading.
Entering Romania it was clear this place was behind other places we had been to. That's mainly in the countryside though. Posted by Vicky Bailey in Windy500 | Jun 23, 2013
- calator 1 prin clujTunelele Clujului. Legende si realitati istorice
Cei mai multi dintre clujeni au auzit, probabil, relatari referitoare la misterioasele tunele subterane ale orasului, ale caror origini ar Posted by ioanamatros in Home | Jun 5, 2013
- Harlem Shaking in Cluj-NapocaAfter a semi-concious train ride from Budapest I arrived in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, a town I had only just learned existed a few days ago from a guy at my Budapest hostel. He was heading there on the recommendation of a Posted by jesse.tutor in Trains and Thoughts | Mar 9, 2013
- Mwa ha ha haSo day 2 in Bucharest was the tour of Transylvania. My guide picked me up early in the morning for the long car ride to two famous castles in Romania's northern region. We talk a bit on the Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 12, 2012
- Greetings BucharestSo I arrive to Bucharest early in the morning to what appears to be a monsoon. Its pouring rain and winds are gusting from one direction to another. I step off the train to Bucharest's very bustling Gara Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Aug 12, 2012
- Transylvania, Brasov, Dracula's Castle, Bucharest, RomaniaBrasov Romania Oct 18
We took the all night train from Budapest to Brasov commencing our journey at 730 pm. It is a 12 hour trip and we have booked a sleeping car which turns out to be compact and Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 18, 2013
- Back from RomaniaReturning from Romania, I must say I was surprised, as I was expecting a much different Romanian capital.
Modernized and noticeably influenced by European Union's fundings and external money, Bucharest has become a vibrant capital, as much as any other Posted by danics in World Away | Nov 7, 2012
- Train from Romania to BudapestGot up early and ate a very fast breakfast after finding out that the 1:00 train from Baia Mare did not run on Mondays. I was not looking forward to this long travel day, but anxious to get going, not Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Nov 6, 2012