- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - CONSTANTA, RomaniaA pleasant day at sea crossing the Black sea. I love sea days. This segment is much more relaxed to the prior one in that respect.
As there are so few passengers now, some of the crew had been let go Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 10, 2014
- Food Food Glorious Food! - Intrepid EditionOur Intrepid Trip began in Hungary with numerous varieties of Langos (Fried Bread) It was drool worthy. Bread dough deep fried and served hot covered in lashings of sour cream, cheese and our choice of fresh tomato. The flavour combination Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 8, 2014
- Intrepid Tour 2 - Romania
Slightly sleep deprived we had a massive day of travelling from Eger and ended up in Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 5, 2014
2nd Sep to 6th Sep: Today we were making our way to Bucharest, Romania. We had prepurchased tickets so all we had to do was get there. We caught a taxi to the local station where we had to wait Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Oct 25, 2014
- 2nd Lost Luggage Arrived IntactWe retrieved the 2nd missing luggage today at the airport. Hoorah!! (( Just a week late . . . )) God is faithful!
Everything is intact; and we cleared customs without a tax & without anything being siezed. Posted by buniconk in Conklin's Europe Trip - Autumn 2014 | Oct 7, 2014
- We're here but our luggage is not . . . Dave looked back in his past journals and confirmed this is not the first time we've lost luggage with Air France. Arghh......
We had a delightful journey -- good connections, nice lounges for reasonable layovers, and good flights. The Posted by buniconk in Conklin's Europe Trip - Autumn 2014 | Oct 4, 2014
- Lost Luggage Update: PLEASE KEEP PRAYING===We retrieved ONE bag today . . . but it wasn't the one we expected. ===We understood this first recovered piece was to be the trunk with 250 prs of glasses & other project supplies that we intended to use Posted by buniconk in Conklin's Europe Trip - Autumn 2014 | Oct 5, 2014
- Last Impressions of the ChildrenAs we are now leaving Keresztur and moving on to our next adventure, we thought we would do our final impressions of the children to compare it to our first ones.
Hanni - Hanni stayed fairly distant during our time at Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 29, 2014
- 24.09.14Sorry we haven't written for a few days - it's been very busy!
Celebrating Rosh Hashana in Bucharest was certainly a unique experience. After a 5 hour drive, we arrived at the Hotel International - a luxury compared to our Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 24, 2014
- 23.09.14We have found the last few days the most challenging yet. Not only has our time at the Home been challenging for a number of reasons, but we’ve also never felt so far from home as our friends begin university. Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 23, 2014
- Weekend AwayA weekend away in Brasov was exactly what we needed after a long week in Keresztur. The five hour journey took us much longer than expected, but was definitely worth it. Brasov is an old and beautiful city, surrounded by Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 23, 2014
- 19.09.14Last year we spent two weeks in Drobeta-Turnu Severin, a small town in the South West of Romania, working with Roma Gypsy communities. The charity ‘Hands of Hope’, who organised our trip, focus mainly on the children within this community. Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 21, 2014
- 18.09.14We have decided to focus our blog tonight on the issues that we have noticed since our arrival in Romania, but have been truly highlighted today. Whilst playing outside this afternoon, 8 year olds Lotze and Andras were running Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 18, 2014
- 17.09.14We've been finding that the days are getting easier as the kids are warming to us more and the language barrier is becoming less of an issue. We tried very hard today to teach the kids more English phrases, as Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 17, 2014
- 16/09/14Today was as intense as yesterday. We visited the care home from 2-8 with only a 10 minute break. We realised exactly what our purpose is here; though it is partly to keep the children entertained, it is more about Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 17, 2014
- First Impressions of the ChildrenWe wanted to note something about all the children we met today...
Hanni - At 20, Hanni is the oldest girl in the home. We didn't see very much of her as she seemed quite independent and didn't want to play Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 15, 2014
- 15.09.14Today was an overwhelming day. We woke up at 6 AM this morning in a panic; although we are now used to the church bells ringing on the hour, this morning they carried on for a good 5 minutes. In Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 15, 2014
- Photos 14.09.14
Sally outside our cute accommodation
Plane selfie before take off! Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 14, 2014
- 14.09.14We arrived into Tigru Mures this morning after an 8.30 AM flight. We were nervous as we got off the plane, entering the smallest airport we've ever seen! We were filled with excitement about starting our gap year, and any Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 14, 2014
- ConstantaWe were not in Constanta long enough to draw any conclusions, but we did experience some travel headache which this post might help others to avoid...
Local transport: We were in a hotel about a mile and a half from the Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 13, 2014
- BrasovTrain station: It's a couple of miles from the train station to the old town. Beware if you get a taxi. The first guy we asked wanted 16Euros or 60Lei so we walked away. A second guy ran up and Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 11, 2014
- Cluj-NapocaRomania's 2nd city is dominated by its universities, and the number of students gives it a youthful, bohemian feel. The old town covers a very small area, though, which makes walking around the centre a very relaxing experience.
Train station: Is Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 8, 2014
- TransylvaniaToday we walked from our hotel to the main square in the old part of the city of Cluj Napoca. In this square, Piaţa Unirii. This square is dominated by the gothic church of Saint Michael. This church belonged to Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Aug 29, 2014
- TransylvaniaToday we left our things in the hotel and drove back to Targu Mures (30 Km). We only had time to look at the beautiful concert hall before we had to return to our hotel and check out by 12 Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Aug 28, 2014
- TransylvaniaToday started off overcast but pleasant in temperature as we made our way from Odorheiu Secuiesc to Sighşoara. This involved a detour to the UNESCO classified fortified Unitarian church at Dârjiu. The UNESCO classification was granted because of the 15th Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Aug 28, 2014