- Martisor as Authentic Romanian TraditionAs March 1st is here, it is almost compulsory to speak about such a beautiful Romanian tradition as spring forerunner. The season down is celebrated differently in villages of Romania, but two things remain unchanged: the red and white color Posted by SanoTouring in Romania for all | Mar 10, 2016
- What Bucharest can offer?Bucharest is an emergent destination and the following years many tourists may wish to visit it for leisure - as it sounds exotic, but also because most important travel guides have recommended Romania as destination, and Bucharest is the country’s Posted by SanoTouring in Romania for all | Feb 1, 2016
- Conacul Bellu, Urlati / Bellu Mansion, Urlati, RomaniaLa o ora si jumatate de condus masina dinspre Bucuresti, se afla vechea localitate prahoveana Urlati (un nume cu origini de pe vremea gotilor), un loc ascuns printre dealuri, binecuvantat cu peisaje frumoase si... vinuri alese.
Nu departe de centrul ur Posted by The Pilgrim in The Pilgrim | Jan 6, 2016
- Authentic boutique accommodation in rural RomaniaIf you ever considered having a relaxing holiday in an authentic countryside, enjoying in the meantime all the options of a boutique accommodation, then you have a list of choices here, in Romania! Why are we telling you this right Posted by SanoTouring in Romania for all | Nov 11, 2015
- Dracula and the Gypsies of RomaniaHaving left Serbia well rested we were ready to experience what Romania had to offer! Nathan and I had intentionally travelled through the Baltics at a blistering pace to allow a solid week in Romania. Our initial thoughts of Romania Posted by nathanruth in Backpacks, Buses and Beyond | Sep 11, 2015
- THE NO PLAN PLAN
The question I get asked most often, from old and new friends, family, and other travelers, is "What are you doing with your life?"
So I thought this would be a good place to start.
I Posted by madpacker in Madpacker | May 17, 2015
- Join our community.We publish our community management on gummytraveler( dot ) com our ideas about group leisures on travel.
Because we have so many ideas to share we invite all of you to join our new projects.
We hope to make more larger this Posted by Gummy Traveler in Joint Venture Lab. | Mar 23, 2015
- Passage to Eastern Europe on the Viking EmblaThis was my first trip since Heather and I parted ways after her summer trip to Vancouver. So after almost four years of happy adventures I had to, as they say, get on with my life.
And after Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Dec 5, 2014
- Gallery of Europe [Part 4]Hey guys heres a very brief one on the photos taken during our Intrepid tour of Eastern Europe, I have decided to pick a few photos out of the lot that standout more rather than upload a month worth of Posted by Lewis_E in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Dec 2, 2014
- Food Food Glorious Food! - Intrepid EditionOur Intrepid Trip began in Hungary with numerous varieties of Langos (Fried Bread) It was drool worthy. Bread dough deep fried and served hot covered in lashings of sour cream, cheese and our choice of fresh tomato. The flavour combination Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 8, 2014
- Intrepid Tour 2 - Romania
Slightly sleep deprived we had a massive day of travelling from Eger and ended up in Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 5, 2014
2nd Sep to 6th Sep: Today we were making our way to Bucharest, Romania. We had prepurchased tickets so all we had to do was get there. We caught a taxi to the local station where we had to wait Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Oct 25, 2014
- 2nd Lost Luggage Arrived IntactWe retrieved the 2nd missing luggage today at the airport. Hoorah!! (( Just a week late . . . )) God is faithful!
Everything is intact; and we cleared customs without a tax & without anything being siezed. Posted by buniconk in Conklin's Europe Trip - Autumn 2014 | Oct 7, 2014
- We're here but our luggage is not . . . Dave looked back in his past journals and confirmed this is not the first time we've lost luggage with Air France. Arghh......
We had a delightful journey -- good connections, nice lounges for reasonable layovers, and good flights. The Posted by buniconk in Conklin's Europe Trip - Autumn 2014 | Oct 4, 2014
- Lost Luggage Update: PLEASE KEEP PRAYING===We retrieved ONE bag today . . . but it wasn't the one we expected. ===We understood this first recovered piece was to be the trunk with 250 prs of glasses & other project supplies that we intended to use Posted by buniconk in Conklin's Europe Trip - Autumn 2014 | Oct 5, 2014
- Last Impressions of the ChildrenAs we are now leaving Keresztur and moving on to our next adventure, we thought we would do our final impressions of the children to compare it to our first ones.
Hanni - Hanni stayed fairly distant during our time at Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 29, 2014
- 24.09.14Sorry we haven't written for a few days - it's been very busy!
Celebrating Rosh Hashana in Bucharest was certainly a unique experience. After a 5 hour drive, we arrived at the Hotel International - a luxury compared to our Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 24, 2014
- 23.09.14We have found the last few days the most challenging yet. Not only has our time at the Home been challenging for a number of reasons, but we’ve also never felt so far from home as our friends begin university. Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 23, 2014
- Weekend AwayA weekend away in Brasov was exactly what we needed after a long week in Keresztur. The five hour journey took us much longer than expected, but was definitely worth it. Brasov is an old and beautiful city, surrounded by Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 23, 2014
- 19.09.14Last year we spent two weeks in Drobeta-Turnu Severin, a small town in the South West of Romania, working with Roma Gypsy communities. The charity ‘Hands of Hope’, who organised our trip, focus mainly on the children within this community. Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 21, 2014
- 18.09.14We have decided to focus our blog tonight on the issues that we have noticed since our arrival in Romania, but have been truly highlighted today. Whilst playing outside this afternoon, 8 year olds Lotze and Andras were running Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 18, 2014
- 17.09.14We've been finding that the days are getting easier as the kids are warming to us more and the language barrier is becoming less of an issue. We tried very hard today to teach the kids more English phrases, as Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 17, 2014
- 16/09/14Today was as intense as yesterday. We visited the care home from 2-8 with only a 10 minute break. We realised exactly what our purpose is here; though it is partly to keep the children entertained, it is more about Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 17, 2014
- First Impressions of the ChildrenWe wanted to note something about all the children we met today...
Hanni - At 20, Hanni is the oldest girl in the home. We didn't see very much of her as she seemed quite independent and didn't want to play Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 15, 2014
- 15.09.14Today was an overwhelming day. We woke up at 6 AM this morning in a panic; although we are now used to the church bells ringing on the hour, this morning they carried on for a good 5 minutes. In Posted by sallyandemily in Sally and Emily | Sep 15, 2014