- Zakuska - The staple of every Romania pantryLong winters here in the village of Idicel means a shorter period of time in which you can eat fresh fruit and vegetables from the garden. Like the bears and the squirrels, a great deal of effort must be made Posted by dzito15 in From the source... | Nov 4, 2010
- Back in Bucharest
Finally not an early morning!!! And finally a run – there hasn’t been one in 4 days so the park a few streets away gives some nice scenery for an hour.
[img=http://ph Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Nov 2, 2010
The bad part of the party came when we had to meet at 0900 for more touring.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/175163/DSC03273.jpg caption=Vlad the Impaler's birth pla Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Nov 1, 2010
- Halloween Party in Romania!
Halloween Day in Romania!!! What do you do to celebrate Halloween after you have been visiting Dracula’s castle?
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/175163/DSC03076.jpg capt Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Oct 31, 2010
- Poienari's CastleLittle did we know that the hard boiled eggs and bread we had at the hostel for breakfast would be virtually the only food we got for the day. The tour company, Go Romania Tours, sent a driver to Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Oct 30, 2010
- Bucharest, Romania
The flight to Romania was on a tiny plane with propellers that had a stopover between Munich and Bucharest in Sibiu. When we stopped there we did not even know what c Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | Oct 29, 2010
- Stuck in timeSet the time machine to 18th century, we're going to Transylvania.
Where horse and cart is literally the standard form of transport and most have never ventured further than the nearest town. The villagers here tend to live on land Posted by dzito15 in From the source... | Nov 2, 2010
- The HarvestIt's harvest season which means long days collecting fruits and vegetables in the small village of Idicel in Transylvania.
I have been working at Apple Hill farm, using traditional and organic methods of farming (nobody can afford chemical sprays and I Posted by dzito15 in From the source... | Oct 18, 2010
- Delving into Romania's Revolution and Cold War PastA lot more information about this trip is forthcoming, but in the meantime here are some pictures...
[img=http://photos.tr Posted by AC Frieden in The Frieden Trails | Oct 11, 2010
- PRE-TEST ( Objective Type )Name ____________________________________ Class __________________ Date _______________ Score _______________
PRE-TEST ( Objective Type )
A. Write each number or equation into words. ( 5x2 = 10 points )
1. 0.100 ___________________________________ Posted by simonette in Simonette Brebenariu first landing in RO | Sep 19, 2010
- American Accent Intonation American Accent Intonation
Read and read…speak and speak…practice and practice…
( TIP: Just do this practice at home in your bedroom,speak infront of the mirror. )
Hello,/ my name is ______________________.//I’m taking American Accent Training./ Posted by simonette in Simonette Brebenariu first landing in RO | Sep 19, 2010
- What Would You Do If? ( For Grade 12)Name of Student : _______________________________Class XII- _______ Date ___________
Teacher : Mrs. Simonette Tenido Brebenariu
What Would You Do If ? By Joan Baez
Fred: OK. So you're a pacifist. What would you do if someone were, say, attacking your Posted by simonette in Simonette Brebenariu first landing in RO | Sep 18, 2010
- Let's start thisAnother tool for blogging and mapping your travel adventures Posted by iboboc in Boboc Online Travel Blog | Sep 6, 2010
- Negoiu17th of July 2010 - Reached the Negoiu Peak :) Posted by crissu in On and off the beaten path | Aug 30, 2010
- TransyvaniaDrove 16 hours today across all of Hungary and about half of Romania. Staying in a village called Sainia in the heart of transyvania. So tired I can barely think. Even tho we drove for so many hours Posted by madpax in Ramble On... | Jul 28, 2010
- Scarlet Letter is a novel to see and read,but a Written ExamScarlet Letter of Nathaniel Hawthorne is a novel to see and read,but a Written Exam in Romania has such figure of speech to re-state 'Litotes'.The best way of knowing the procedure aligns to the goodness of knowing an influential persoana Posted by simonette in Simonette Brebenariu first landing in RO | Jul 21, 2010
- Last day in Bucharest and moving on to BudapestSam checking in! Sorry for the delay but we've just been to busy to update. We are now in Budapest Hungary but I'll tell you a little bit of what we did on our last day in Bucaresti.
As Posted by stanncie in Travelling Therapists | Jul 18, 2010
- Problems in RomaniaAfter an annoying train ride, we finally arrived in Bucharest. Sadly for us, everything went wrong from there. First, we couldn't use our ATM cards to get money, so we had to exchange Euros (thankfully we had some of these!). Posted by wetabixkid in Travelling Therapists | Jul 15, 2010
- We're OK Home tomorrow[b] Yes theres a riot thats happened at The Presidents Palace and no we aren't near there. We are OK and leaving to come home tomorrow. Will be in DC at 8 PM.
Apparently my car AC is broke.....its been hard Posted by Sheri0310 in Romania | Jun 27, 2010
- Bucharest In Bucharest we made it safely. This is a very rough neighborhood but we are walled in lolol Two services tomorrow and a short field trip then flying home Monday. I am ready. Posted by Sheri0310 in Romania | Jun 26, 2010
- Friday Update
[b]I had a very long journal entry and lost it. So annoying. It has been a great week here but full of challenges as well. I miss being with my own church. Not that they have not been great to Posted by Sheri0310 in Romania | Jun 25, 2010
- Second day of VBS/Missions[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/296936/26668_4088..87616_n Posted by Sheri0310 in Romania | Jun 22, 2010
- Setbacks[b]I have no International phone signal. I am going to have to get a credit from Verizon. Once I got out of America nothing. It just would not aquire a signal. SO I have no way to contact anyone.
We Posted by Sheri0310 in Romania | Jun 19, 2010
[B] Thursday June 17th I will leave behind my home, family and AC for Romania. I am part of a team that will be doing ministry in 5 Gypsy villages to the children. We will also have street mi Posted by Sheri0310 in Romania | Jun 13, 2010
- The no smile countryBudapest was another place that we had been to before so we decided to base ourselves at the campsite for the day and it was a chance to sort out our bags, do some washing and stroll through the bush Posted by neillkylie in The long way to Oz | May 1, 2010