Blog Entries tagged 'Rome'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Rome'
- Wrapping up with a day in RomeAlas, our sojourn in Amalfi has come to an end. We take the ferry from Amalfi down to Salerno, where we'll catch our train to Rome.
Today, the 67 passenger luxury yacht "Le Ponant" is in port. From what Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Feb 16, 2015
- Gallery of Europe [Part 6]Hey guys its been a while as we've been busy adjusting from festive season to London life and sorting through all the photos has been a nightmare. So I've decided to combine the best pictures from our whole time in Posted by Lewis_E in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Feb 13, 2015
- Italy: Walking RomeWe got up relatively early on our first full day in Rome and tooled back through the Mercato de Campo di Fiori, where we discovered porchetta for the first time. For the uninitiated, porchetta is a roasted roll of pork Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 17, 2015
- Italy: Rome arrivalI should make it clear early on what motivates us to travel, and what our priorities are when discovering a new country or culture. We're mainly into experiencing the modern life of the places we go, which means markets, restaurants, Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 17, 2015
- Arrivederci a Roma With the craze of people running, hustling and bustling about trying to pack, I have managed to sit still and collect my thoughts as I sit here in the Information Commons (for perhaps the last time) at the John Posted by kbali in Karishma Goes to Europe | Dec 13, 2013
- The Ruins of RomeWe sadly left Naples & headed to Rome. It was straight off to tourist central and the constant question ... Selfie? Selfie sticks are sold everywhere and that question was never-ending the whole time we were in Rome. After Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 14, 2014
??Rome??, amazing?. And if you haven't heard of it I will slap?? some sense into you☝️.
Here we go?.
First1⃣ up there are about 3 million people???? that live in the town of Rome??.
Secondly a whopping 23 million travellers?? go there Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Oct 2, 2014
- One Last Day in ItalyOne thing you will find everywhere in Italy is the coffee. Apparently it will cost more to sit down to drink, some sort of tax or something, so must prefer to stand. Espresso is the drink of choice with Cappacinnio Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 25, 2014
- Rome- We Made ItWhat a very long day of walking and looking.
We started at the Colosseum with a guided tour. We went in thru gate #57, a gate where the regular people would have entered. The games were free but people had to Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 23, 2014
- 'Holly day'......... at last :)So we left Amalfi feeling a bit sad but excited all the same. Heading back to Rome to pick up Holly from the airport tonight. For those of you that don't know Holly has been on a 6 month university Posted by The Hitchies in Our great Euro adventure | Jun 21, 2014
- Roma AmorBefore we departed Firenze on Monday, we diverted our cab to Piazza Michelangelo where you can get a panoramic vista of the city
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/632644/BAA7B4D42219AC6817042F009E5F6C03.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by Melbinman in The Melbourne Martins' Grande Tour 2014 | May 13, 2014
- Allen's afternoon 10 May 2014 Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 10, 2014
- Rome 10 May 2014Today we walked towards the Tiber River, to see a suburb on the other side, called Trastavere. This suburb was recommended to us by the hotel concierge as very characteristic of the “real Rome”. I think it must Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 10, 2014
- Rome 9 May 2014What a fantastic sunny day we have had, exploring Ancient Rome, and some other sights.
We started with the Coliseum, where our internet tickets did the trick and we skipped the queue. Amazing to be in the ruins of this Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 9, 2014
- Rome 8 May 2014We travelled to Rome today on another fast train. We saw some of the countryside but also quite a lot of tunnels. Our ears really pop going through those tunnels at high speed!
We got to Rome in the Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 8, 2014
- The vatican and last night in RomeI had a mission today to buy a pendant from the vatican. I went to the bar to get the usual breakfast with irish coffee and saw the girl from france their. Her name is Salomé. She was a sweet Posted by egarciafreites in Enrique and his eurotrip | May 8, 2014
- All roads lead to RomeI woke up this morning n a rush becausw i hadnt really checked what time the trains were leaving from brugge to amsterdams. I had to catch a flight from Schipol to italy the day after. I bid adieu Posted by egarciafreites in Enrique and his eurotrip | May 3, 2014
- RomeWe arrived in Rome after another long train ride, very exited to be in Italy. Immediately the city consumes you, it is so exciting, full of sounds and smells and energy! The taxi dropped us to the address of the Posted by Justo81 in Europe - Mel and Justin (2014) | Feb 15, 2014
- Rome-ParisWhy do we travel? A question asked by many but answered by few. For the mass majority, by the time the plane hits the runway at their destination airport, their day-to-day schedules are perfectly planned out. Evidently, planning is very Posted by maxshustef in The Memoirs of a Frequent Traveler | Nov 28, 2013
- When In Rome![center]So I realise I have a little bit of back dating to do before I can update with my current travel plans...and yes I do have a few sneaky trips in the pipeline!
The biggest city break I have done recently Posted by Jen_Ingrid in The Scouse Chronicles | Oct 14, 2013
- 34 Saatte Roma...Uzun bir tatilde çok yer görmek istediğimizde veya kısa zamanlara çokşey sığdırmak istediğimizde biraz yorulmak gerekiyor. Yürüyerek Roma’yı nasıl hızlı tamamladık. (Müze gibi yerleri pas geçtiğimizde tabi ki...)
Saat 14:00’de havalimanına varış ve 15: Posted by TATLIGEZGIN in GeziKaravani | Sep 19, 2013
- Full day 2 in RomeTwo nights in Rome have already gone and it was time to change abodes - from our self-contained apartment near the Ancient Rome neighbourhood to our hotel on the other side of the river closer to Vatican City. So we Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 17, 2013
- ...Um, Would You Believe We've Been Busy?Ok so my apologies for falling asleep every night instead of writing to you all. But by the end of the day all I want is to eat and crawl into bed.
Now that apologies are over let's get back Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Sep 17, 2013
- From umbrellas and ponchos to flowers and fireYesterday we experienced rain - and the vendors were out selling umbrellas and ponchos. We were accosted every 5 minutes by someone who thought they'd improve our experience by selling us an overpriced brollie! We got soaked but had a Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 16, 2013
- After 35 hours, we've arrived ...We started at 9:30 on Saturday morning in the Qantas Lounge in Melbourne - 35 hours later, 12:30 pm on Sunday and we arrived in our apartment in Rome.
Incident free until David was sick coming into Singapore - the lengths Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 15, 2013