Blog Entries tagged 'Rome'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Rome'
- RomeWith much trepidation, I start the second entry. I'm cautiously optimistic that, having changed to Firefox, all of my problems are behind me. The reason for my optimism is that when I tried to upload photos, the Travellerspoint program Posted by jackyandgraham in Treat Yo Self | Oct 16, 2015
- In the beginningIt might be delicate in Dune, but in House Burnfield (Hillarys chapter), the start of a holiday is anything but, especially given that this one is for 11 weeks. The usual mad scramble was the go for the weeks leading Posted by jackyandgraham in Treat Yo Self | Sep 28, 2015
- RomeOur flight was delayed last night due to mechanical issues, but two hours and a little stress and we were boarding. We were lucky enough to be able to all sit together, two by two. The flight was Posted by barbjean in Wanderlust | Sep 8, 2015
- Turkey, Rome, Majorca, Slovenia and SpainDuring the October break, in addition to going to London, Juli went on a trip to Turkey with Jill, a new friend and colleague from Frankfurt. It was a kind of a “Turkey for Tourists” trip but it was Posted by julesandjosh in Juli and Josh's European Adventure | Aug 23, 2015
- 1 August 2015My final full day in Rome. What’s on the agenda? The Vatican. I have a Scavi tour scheduled at 9am, and my admission ticket to the Museum is for noon. The hope was that I’d planned for enough time in Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 21, 2015
- 31 July 2015My first full day in Rome! I bounded out of bed (okay, my heart was bounding... my body was significantly slower) and headed downstairs for a beautiful continental breakfast made all the more beautiful by yet another young Italian godling Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 19, 2015
- 30 July 2015I said my goodbyes to my fellow students early this Thursday morning, then enjoyed efficient, uneventful German travel—a train from Essen to Dusseldorf, then a plane from Dusseldor—to Rome. The minute we landed, however, everything changed.
Rome’s Fiu Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 17, 2015
- ROME, ITALY
I had only one day in Rome, and not even a full day. My train from Naples arrived at 1:30pm, and my flight to Istanbul departed at 9pm. But in between those hours I kept busy sightseei Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Jul 30, 2015
- Rome (if you want to)It's been a busy last couple of days in Rome.
I was taught to make pasta from scratch by an Italian man named Fernando. He is the Gennaro to a well established Italian chef, by which I mean that Posted by europa84 in europa | Jul 1, 2015
- RomeToday, I went on a guided tour of the Colosseum and the Roman Forum. Our guide was very informative.
The Colosseum was built by slaves in only 8 years, and was given its current name as a nickname. It used Posted by europa84 in europa | Jun 29, 2015
- RomeI am now at the last stop of my Italian tour - Rome.
I am spending this evening figuring out a plan to make sure I see as much as I can while here.
Posted by europa84 in europa | Jun 28, 2015
- Day 1, May 23, 2014, THE LONGEST DAYDay 1 was a long, long travel day. Flew Air France Airbus 380 from SFO to Paris...largest commercial airline in history...two decks...516 passengers. We were in Premium Economy seats which were okay. No sleep for me. Posted by stevencavalli07 in Italy/Sicily May/June 2015 | May 25, 2015
- [Florence] Train to Florence & Review of Hotel Fiorita[center][/center]
Previous entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/25/|[Rome] When it rains, it pours - Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps]]
It's an early day again as we drag our Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 18, 2015
- [Rome] When it rains, it pours[center][/center]
Previous entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/24/|[Rome] Picturesque Piazza Navona]]
On the way to the Trevi Fountain, it started to rain and we had to get Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 17, 2015
- [Rome] Picturesque Piazza NavonaPrevious entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/23/|[Rome] The Pantheon, home to tombs of the illustrious dead]]
When we arrived at Piazza Navona, w Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 16, 2015
- [Rome] The Pantheon, home to tombs of the illustrious deadPrevious entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/22/|[Rome] Gothic Church Santa Maria Sopra Minerva]]
The Pantheon we see in Rome today is the third version of its original version rebuilt in 126 AD after the first two were burnt down in a fi Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 15, 2015
- [Rome] Gothic Church Santa Maria Sopra Minerva[center][/center]
Previous entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/21/|[Rome] Capitoline Hill, Piazza del Campidoglio & Roman Forum]]
Santa Maria Sopra Minerv Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 15, 2015
- [Rome] Capitoline Hill, Piazza del Campidoglio & Roman ForumPrevious entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/20/|[Rome] Altare della Patria - A Giant Wedding Cake]]
Capitoline Hill was a fortress, and a symbol of the epicenter of Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 15, 2015
- [Rome] Glimpses of the Ancient CityPrevious entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/18/|[Vatican City] St Peter's Basilica Makes Me Feel Tiny
On our second and last day in Rome, we toured some of the famous landmarks of Rome. Our first stop was the Colosseum, which was a shor Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 14, 2015
- [Vatican City] Vatican Museums & Sistine ChapelPrevious entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/16/|A bondafide busy trattoria experience outside Vatican City, and St Peter's Square]]
The Vatican Museums is made up of many rooms displaying different collections of sculptures, tapestries, p Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 12, 2015
- [Vatican City] St Peter's SquarePrevious Entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/15/|[Rome] Hotel Alexandra]]
To get to Vatican City, we took the metro from Barberini station to Ottavianio station. It was a very short journey, and then from the station, we just had to follow Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 11, 2015
- [Rome] Hotel AlexandraPrevious entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/12/|Vernazza's evening looks like midnight in Winter]]
From La Spezia Centrale in Cinque Terre, we took the train to Roma Termini, tickets booked via Trenitalia.it. We use this website for all o Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | May 11, 2015
- Roma!Ciao da Roma!
There is an unspoken obligation when you come to Rome that you have to see certain sites. There are things here that you can't see, experience or do anywhere else in the world. But that obligation comes with Posted by meagle in No Dreams Deferred | Apr 30, 2015
- Wrapping up with a day in RomeAlas, our sojourn in Amalfi has come to an end. We take the ferry from Amalfi down to Salerno, where we'll catch our train to Rome.
Today, the 67 passenger luxury yacht "Le Ponant" is in port. From what Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Feb 16, 2015
- Gallery of Europe [Part 6]Hey guys its been a while as we've been busy adjusting from festive season to London life and sorting through all the photos has been a nightmare. So I've decided to combine the best pictures from our whole time in Posted by Lewis_E in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Feb 13, 2015