Blog Entries tagged 'Rome'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Rome'
- Roma AmorBefore we departed Firenze on Monday, we diverted our cab to Piazza Michelangelo where you can get a panoramic vista of the city
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/632644/BAA7B4D42219AC6817042F009E5F6C03.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by Melbinman in The Melbourne Martins' Grande Tour 2014 | May 13, 2014
- Allen's afternoon 10 May 2014 Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 10, 2014
- Rome 10 May 2014Today we walked towards the Tiber River, to see a suburb on the other side, called Trastavere. This suburb was recommended to us by the hotel concierge as very characteristic of the “real Rome”. I think it must Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 10, 2014
- Rome 9 May 2014What a fantastic sunny day we have had, exploring Ancient Rome, and some other sights.
We started with the Coliseum, where our internet tickets did the trick and we skipped the queue. Amazing to be in the ruins of this Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 9, 2014
- Rome 8 May 2014We travelled to Rome today on another fast train. We saw some of the countryside but also quite a lot of tunnels. Our ears really pop going through those tunnels at high speed!
We got to Rome in the Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 8, 2014
- The vatican and last night in RomeI had a mission today to buy a pendant from the vatican. I went to the bar to get the usual breakfast with irish coffee and saw the girl from france their. Her name is Salomé. She was a sweet Posted by egarciafreites in Enrique and his eurotrip | May 8, 2014
- All roads lead to RomeI woke up this morning n a rush becausw i hadnt really checked what time the trains were leaving from brugge to amsterdams. I had to catch a flight from Schipol to italy the day after. I bid adieu Posted by egarciafreites in Enrique and his eurotrip | May 3, 2014
- RomeWe arrived in Rome after another long train ride, very exited to be in Italy. Immediately the city consumes you, it is so exciting, full of sounds and smells and energy! The taxi dropped us to the address of the Posted by Justo81 in Europe - Mel and Justin (2014) | Feb 15, 2014
- Rome-ParisWhy do we travel? A question asked by many but answered by few. For the mass majority, by the time the plane hits the runway at their destination airport, their day-to-day schedules are perfectly planned out. Evidently, planning is very Posted by maxshustef in The Memoirs of a Frequent Traveler | Nov 28, 2013
- When In Rome![center]So I realise I have a little bit of back dating to do before I can update with my current travel plans...and yes I do have a few sneaky trips in the pipeline!
The biggest city break I have done recently Posted by Jen_Ingrid in The Scouse Chronicles | Oct 14, 2013
- 34 Saatte Roma...Uzun bir tatilde çok yer görmek istediğimizde veya kısa zamanlara çokşey sığdırmak istediğimizde biraz yorulmak gerekiyor. Yürüyerek Roma’yı nasıl hızlı tamamladık. (Müze gibi yerleri pas geçtiğimizde tabi ki...)
Saat 14:00’de havalimanına varış ve 15: Posted by TATLIGEZGIN in GeziKaravani | Sep 19, 2013
- Full day 2 in RomeTwo nights in Rome have already gone and it was time to change abodes - from our self-contained apartment near the Ancient Rome neighbourhood to our hotel on the other side of the river closer to Vatican City. So we Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 17, 2013
- ...Um, Would You Believe We've Been Busy?Ok so my apologies for falling asleep every night instead of writing to you all. But by the end of the day all I want is to eat and crawl into bed.
Now that apologies are over let's get back Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Sep 17, 2013
- From umbrellas and ponchos to flowers and fireYesterday we experienced rain - and the vendors were out selling umbrellas and ponchos. We were accosted every 5 minutes by someone who thought they'd improve our experience by selling us an overpriced brollie! We got soaked but had a Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 16, 2013
- After 35 hours, we've arrived ...We started at 9:30 on Saturday morning in the Qantas Lounge in Melbourne - 35 hours later, 12:30 pm on Sunday and we arrived in our apartment in Rome.
Incident free until David was sick coming into Singapore - the lengths Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 15, 2013
- Mary's quick Italian guideMary’s guide to roaming rome☺
Firstly get yourself a guide book, even if you just borrow one from the library, make sure that it divides Rome into areas or neighborhoods… this will make it easier to see everything. I would Posted by ForeignProblems in #Foreignproblems | Aug 30, 2013
- BuongiornoWe arrived in Rome to rain but full of excitement! We made our way on the train & metro to our accommodation after taking a lift up and down about 6 times to find the correct floor, maybe should have Posted by Georgeandkat in Europe | Jul 7, 2013
- LAST DAYWell it is the last day and the last email. Tomorrow we begin our long journey home.
We got up this morning on a mission to get to Vatican City for our tour of the museum and the Sistine Chapel. Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- Back in Roma...aka RomeApril 2011
Lots of sunshine and heat today!!!! :)
We got off the ship very efficiently at 9 am to meet our bus back to the hotel in Rome. We were settled in time to catch a glimpse of Kate's dress Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- Rushing 'Round Rome Some MoreMorning all,
Today is cruise day! They picked up our bags at 7:30 this morning so it was an early start...even earlier since Isaac woke to tell me about his 50 dreams last night...man oh man...vivid dreams!
We headed out Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- Roma Day 2Today was the first official day for the structured tour! As in the fashion of our incredibly organized and timely Tour Director, Gabriella, I will just list where we went and some highlights of each place. (Andrew, I know you'll Posted by dtoussi in Italy and Greece | Mar 15, 2013
- Roma Day 1We have finally made it to Rome after a long train ride from Venice with crying toddlers next to us. Our hotel is about 1km (0.5mi) away from the train station so we decided to walk our luggage down, even Posted by dtoussi in Italy and Greece | Mar 15, 2013
- Arrivederci, Roma!It's Wednesday, May 18th, our last morning in Rome. I'll take this opportunity to tell you a bit more about the apartment we rented.
We became enamored with the idea of apartment rentals during a trip to Puerto Rico a Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Mar 8, 2013
- A Day Trip to Ostia AnticaWell, it's Tuesday, May 17th. Our last full day in Rome before the cruise begins. We've decided to spend the day at the ruins of Ostia Antica, a little ways north of Rome.
Ostia was originally the seaport servicing Rome, and Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Mar 3, 2013
- An Evening Stroll Through RomeAfter visiting the Vatican, we take a long, rambling stroll through Rome. Our path will take us across the Ponte Vittorio Emanuele II, along the Lungotevere, and up to Piazza della Rotunda for second look at the Pantheon. Exhausted by Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Mar 3, 2013