Blog Entries tagged 'Rome'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Rome'
- BuongiornoWe arrived in Rome to rain but full of excitement! We made our way on the train & metro to our accommodation after taking a lift up and down about 6 times to find the correct floor, maybe should have Posted by Georgeandkat in Europe | Jul 7, 2013
- LAST DAYWell it is the last day and the last email. Tomorrow we begin our long journey home.
We got up this morning on a mission to get to Vatican City for our tour of the museum and the Sistine Chapel. Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- Back in Roma...aka RomeApril 2011
Lots of sunshine and heat today!!!! :)
We got off the ship very efficiently at 9 am to meet our bus back to the hotel in Rome. We were settled in time to catch a glimpse of Kate's dress Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- Rushing 'Round Rome Some MoreMorning all,
Today is cruise day! They picked up our bags at 7:30 this morning so it was an early start...even earlier since Isaac woke to tell me about his 50 dreams last night...man oh man...vivid dreams!
We headed out Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- Roma Day 2Today was the first official day for the structured tour! As in the fashion of our incredibly organized and timely Tour Director, Gabriella, I will just list where we went and some highlights of each place. (Andrew, I know you'll Posted by dtoussi in Italy and Greece | Mar 15, 2013
- Roma Day 1We have finally made it to Rome after a long train ride from Venice with crying toddlers next to us. Our hotel is about 1km (0.5mi) away from the train station so we decided to walk our luggage down, even Posted by dtoussi in Italy and Greece | Mar 15, 2013
- Arrivederci, Roma!It's Wednesday, May 18th, our last morning in Rome. I'll take this opportunity to tell you a bit more about the apartment we rented.
We became enamored with the idea of apartment rentals during a trip to Puerto Rico a Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Mar 8, 2013
- A Day Trip to Ostia AnticaWell, it's Tuesday, May 17th. Our last full day in Rome before the cruise begins. We've decided to spend the day at the ruins of Ostia Antica, a little ways north of Rome.
Ostia was originally the seaport servicing Rome, and Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Mar 3, 2013
- An Evening Stroll Through RomeAfter visiting the Vatican, we take a long, rambling stroll through Rome. Our path will take us across the Ponte Vittorio Emanuele II, along the Lungotevere, and up to Piazza della Rotunda for second look at the Pantheon. Exhausted by Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Mar 3, 2013
- Doing the "Caesar Shuffle"Sunday morning dawns bright and sunny, a brilliantly blue sky, temps around 69F. We make a quick breakfast, try to figure out the incomprehensible controls on the dishwasher, and give up and wash 'em by hand. We decide to Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Mar 2, 2013
- A Pre-cruise stay in RomeWith the expense involved in flying to Rome, we decided to make the best of it, and extend our pre-cruise stay by renting an apartment in Rome for a few days. Things started off a little off-kilter. Our flight on Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Mar 2, 2013
- Bill's European Adventure, 2001. Part 4: Florence and Rome
[center]Bill and Julie at the Duomo, Florence [/center]
Florence Day 1 - hellish! Got a double-decker (yes!) train to Firenze and trotted around the place in the scorchi Posted by BillLehane in Silly Billy | Feb 27, 2013
- Cruising the Star Princess - May 2011 This is the story of an amazing trip.
In the spring of 2010, we began planning for our an amazing itinerary that would combine a short stay in Rome with a cruise that would visit Egypt, Turkey, and Greece. This became Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Feb 28, 2013
- You Know You're in Rome WhenBen and the girls have been giving me some time to acclimatize to my new life here in Europe so I have been excused from regular chores and writing the blog till I am ready. Sleep is now coming readily Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jan 18, 2013
- Which are the most interesting cities in Europe Paris, Berlin and Rome would be my top three pics in Europe. They are absolutely must visit places. They are full of interesting, long history, great architecture, amazing museums and cafeterias with unique cuisines!
Going to Paris for a romantic Posted by EU_Backpacker in Travel Europe on a Shoe-String Budget | Jan 16, 2013
- Catching up in Rome[float=left][/float]Today all of us had a very long sleep in, because my mom was jetlagged, and the rest of us needed a little Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jan 16, 2013
- Going to Rome and Reuniting with MomToday was a travel day, but the night before we had done some work to make sure that our morning wouldn't be too hectic. My dad had been up until 2:30 the previous night because he had to get some Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jan 16, 2013
- Tuscany and Rome - relaxing and refreshing "She's supposed to be his transitional person. She's not supposed to be the ONE". - Sally, in 'When Harry met Sally'.
I began our holiday already a little bit in love with the idea of France - a soft-focus, Posted by mark.kalie.kobi in A Very Gladwin Adventure | Dec 17, 2012
Meeting my girlfriend for the first time in six months was definitely strange...I had booked a room at the beautiful Double Tree Hotel in Milan and when I finally arrived at the desk after hours of sitting in trains, planes Posted by Anon of Holland in A Dutchman in Korea | Dec 1, 2012
- Of Castles, Concerts and the Colosseum - Part IIIThe next leg of the European circuit was to the “Boot country”, well that’s how Italy looks on the map anyway! I was super thrilled when we reached Rome as this was the city I was looking forward the most Posted by vinaya88 in Voyages of a Peregrine | Nov 21, 2012
- October - Departure Minus 1 - Routes and Roads
“No camel route is long, with good company” - Turkish Proverb
The road since my last travel blog has been a seemingly never-ending stretch of uni assignments, work projects, business trips and assorted other mundane Things To Do. As we Posted by mark.kalie.kobi in A Very Gladwin Adventure | Oct 20, 2012
- Ephesus - The Capital of Awesome Ruins
Just a short journey away from the Aegean resort of Kusadasi lay the most impressive ruins I have ever seen. ‘Ruins’, at times, is actually misleading, since some of the constructions Posted by lauracerys in Destino Infinito | Oct 12, 2012
- Where are we? Rome or BangladeshWho needs Italian, when you can speak Bengali.
At least that is what I have found here in Rome.
Pretty much all the vendors here are from Bangladesh and if I need directions, well what would you do - ASK.
Gotten into some Posted by weidmantim in Weidman's Travel the World | Oct 11, 2012
- Last Night in Rome
So much to do and say and so little time. But here is the synopsis.
The Vatican is a treasure impossible to describe. I couldn't have imagined what would greet me when I went Posted by taboyle in Amazing Adventure 2012: Croatia | Sep 24, 2012
- OK! I Need to Live in Rome
It is true. I may as well just pack up and move. Well maybe I will wait until all the Grandchildren are grown up and on their way. By then maybe one of them will move to Rome, and I Posted by taboyle in Amazing Adventure 2012: Croatia | Sep 23, 2012