- April 20 - PETROPAVLOVSK, RUSSIA
We sat in the great bay of this remote city on the Kamchatka Peninsula of eastern Russia waiting for Russian officials to clear us to go ashore for a brief visit. Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Apr 20, 2016
- April 18 - KORSAKOV, RUSSIA
And now - we are in Russia! To be exact - on the southern tip of Sakhalin Island, located as close to Japan as it is to the Russian mainland. We anchored i Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Apr 18, 2016
- There is a Mammoth in my Lobby: Hotel Polar Star, Yakutsk Posted by LuxuryRogue in Luxury Rogue | Mar 24, 2016
- VladivostokArrived into Vladivostok in the evening. I walked to my hotel and checked in. After the first shower for 7 days I went to bed. However, sleeping was not easy as the bed was not moving and Posted by stephen_dann in World Tour 2016 | Mar 21, 2016
- Life on the Trans-Siberian train.
Each day followed the same pattern. Wake up between 7 and 9 local time, get up and eat breakfast. On 4 different nights the train traveled into the next time zone so you would get up at 8 Posted by stephen_dann in World Tour 2016 | Mar 21, 2016
- Extreme Traveler International Congress (ETIC) in AnabarFor the second time, members of all three leading travel collectors' clubs [[http://www.travellerscenturyclub.org|TCC]], [[http://www.mosttraveledpeople.com|MTP]] and [[http://www.thebesttravelled.com|TBT]] met for a global get-together, the [[http://www. Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Mar 10, 2016
- Road to Anabar. World's Northernmost Dead-End !
Three Lads and a Lada ...
... on the "[[http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabar_(Straße)|Roa Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Mar 10, 2016
- Moscow Days 1 & 2Moscow day 1
Once I had arrived, phoned home and taken a quick shower, I headed out to explore. I took the metro up to the station close to the Kremlin. After walking across Red Square I walked right Posted by stephen_dann in World Tour 2016 | Mar 5, 2016
- Mountains Altay - Wild Rarity FlowersTravel blog about unique nature of Mountains Altay. Photos from collection of wild [[http://www.altaytravels.ru/wild-flowers-mountains-altay|Mountains Altay flowers]]
The beauty perfection world of real nature...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by altaytravels in Travel to Mountains Altay | Feb 29, 2016
- Valley of freedom - Altay It was a really great later autumn journey. The nature really clear and silence. I made series of photographs.
I really like the name of this place - [[http://www.altaytravels.ru/valley-of-freedom|Valley of Freedom]].
[img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by altaytravels in Travel to Mountains Altay | Jan 26, 2016
- River Katun - Mountains AltayI have made some art photography in my travels to Mountain Altay, River Katun. It is was beautiful tourist journey.
[[http://www.altaytravels.ru/|Tourism to Mountain Altay]] photos.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/802486/mountain-a..iver-katu Posted by altaytravels in Travel to Mountains Altay | Jan 18, 2016
- RussiaFirst blog finally published! It's taken me a while as I've been so busy, but I will publish one for each country 😊, with interesting facts at the end of each blog...so here it goes!
After nearly missing my flight Posted by Poppy90 in Poppy's Travel Blog! | Dec 26, 2015
- Chicken, vodka and Russian moustachesI'm writing this from the cosy corner of a sleeper train. A lot has happened in the last few weeks, least of all cycling! I'll start at the end of Tbilisi.
I met many cyclists on their way through in Tbilisi. Posted by Banana Spokes in Bears can ride bikes | Nov 7, 2015
- W VA, BALI, RUSSIA, AZERBAIJANThis was an exhausting but exciting trip. It was the first really big trip following becoming SPE President and it set the standard for trips to come.
===Eastern Regional Meeting, Morgant Posted by fracmeister in SPE President Travels | Nov 7, 2015
- St Petersburg on First Impression-SSt Petersburg, January 3rd 2015
Wow. It isn't as cold. That was First Impression "A" while crossing the airport's parking lot. Through the broad streets we drove, I gasped at the sight of the buildings. Wow. It isn't the Russia I Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Oct 11, 2015
- Recording My Flight to Sankt PeterburgFrom Novosibirsk to Saint Petersburg through Yekaterinburg,
January 3rd 2015
My Trans Mongolian Railroad journey [[http://callmesonja.travellerspoint.com/190/|is completed]]. But I want to give myself a bonus: St. Petersburg. After all, it's on every Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Oct 4, 2015
- Bubble! Bubble! Happy FaceNovosibirsk, January 2nd 2015
Remember the Dalmatians? [[http://callmesonja.travellerspoint.com/196/|My joy and excitement at Novosibirsk Circus]] has yet more to be shared.
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Oct 2, 2015
- Circus! Circus! Novosibirsk Circus!Novosibirsk, January 2nd 2015
The stadium was maybe approximately same size as the one in Khabarovsk. But the lobby and cloak room was much bigger in Novosibirsk Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 29, 2015
- My Russian BlissNovosibirsk, January 2nd 2015
It has always been my dearest wish of Russia: Ballet. And yet, Vladivostok, Khabarovsk, Perm, Moscow, Vladimir... every time I checked, no schedule performance matched my itinerary... until today. I woke up especially exci Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 26, 2015
- St. PetersburgSt. Petersburg.
Finally some happy people cruising the streets. After a somewhat disappointing host in Moscow, the spirits around the gang had been hit hard. Some frays in the rich tapestry that had been woven showed some signs of unravelling, which Posted by kidd1200 in The Vodka Diaries | Sep 25, 2015
- Novosibirsk ZooparkNovosibirsk, January 1st 2015
Today the streets were even quieter than last night.
Wow! There's a TV inside my [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshrutka|marshrutka]]. Cool. Such a Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 23, 2015
- Feeling Guilty in NovosibirskNovosibirsk, December 31st 2014
Another something red. Thank you, Car. You have made my click a picture. The streets in Novosibirsk were quiet. It wasn't so last summer. New Year's Ev Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 22, 2015
- 2014 Mission Accomplished!Novosibirsk, December 31st 2014
I totally forgot about taking a picture once I set foot on Novosibirsk Train Station. I had been too much concerned about whether to take a bus or a taxi to my pre-booked Foxhole Hostel. Light snow Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 22, 2015
- Rolling to NovosibirskFrom Yekaterinburg to Novosibirsk,
December 30 - 31st 2014
The journey to Novosibirsk for my second time is about to begin. Here's Yekaterinburg Train Station. By the time I arrive in Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 20, 2015
It's an early 4am arrival in Moscow. We just pulled up stumps in our Hostel. Current time approximately 5:30.
It would appear we just endured a mammoth stint of about 117hrs on the train. Currently this time is been vigoursly debated, Posted by kidd1200 in The Vodka Diaries | Sep 19, 2015