- Day 40We liked circus so much that we decided to go again and see the new show. The acrobats were fantastic, and a lot of them do tricks uphigh without any insurance. Amazing! The lighting was very good, too! The animals Posted by thezims in Russia | Jul 20, 2014
- Days 37-39My nephew, girls cousin Sasha came back from Urals and is staying with us. Girls are excited to meet their cousin who is consumed with cars and bikes!
He ordered for us to bring Pepsi and Coke from America, claiming that Posted by thezims in Russia | Jul 20, 2014
- Days 33-36The weather changed from the first 3 weeks that we were here. Now it's colder, 60s and occasionally it rains.
While I have to continue to work here, girls spend a lot of time with their grandmas. They start to pick Posted by thezims in Russia | Jul 20, 2014
- Moscowfsfaeg twr rtr
terwt ewrtertsegrhsh Posted by schatzis in Our great adventure | Jul 17, 2014
- Transiberian - Days 4 & 5==Friday 11th & Saturday 12th July==
Hola! As I can’t help saying to everyone it seems. I even found myself saying ‘Si’ repeatedly to our Chinese carriage attendant this morning when he was trying to explain to me how Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Jul 12, 2014
- Transiberian - Days 1 - 3==Tuesday 8th July==
We arrived at Moscow’s Yaroslavskiy Vokzal station some 2 hours early in readiness for our Transiberian journey, which in hindsight was a little too long to be hanging around this particular station. We sat at a table Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Jul 12, 2014
- Day 31The hottest day ever!!! And we went to a park with some rides. But by the time we got there, huge gray clouds started to roll in and all the rides started to close due to a storm, but we Posted by thezims in Russia | Jul 12, 2014
- From Russia with Love==Day 1==
After Jason eventually woke up after 11 ½ hours sleep (!!!!) we headed out on our first morning, sorry… afternoon, to explore everything that Moscow had to offer.
The area surrounding our hotel is like a scene from a horror Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Jul 8, 2014
- Prince of Meshech and Tubal [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by Carl Sanchez in Paul Reveere Blog | May 1, 2014
- Wednesday 2nd July (Ilona)We set off for our 2nd day of sightseeing in St Petersburg, Having had to turn the clocks forward an hor twice in 2 days made it a very early start this morning. Considering it was a very late Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jul 6, 2014
- Day 26Today I was treated to a Spa Day by my mom and my sweetie pies. My mom made a really nice facial for me and the girls treated and massaged my hands. In the evening, I Saw "Blended" movie in Posted by thezims in Russia | Jul 6, 2014
- Tuesday 1st July (Elton)The ship arrives in port on time and after waiting ages to be told we can disembark, we go to the bottom deck only to see the doors are open. We're running late and then experience very, very long Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jul 6, 2014
- Days 22-25Since Chris left, I have to catch up on work and girls have been spending time with grandmas visiting friends and doing more low-key things like...
Visiting parks & friends:
[ Posted by thezims in Russia | Jul 5, 2014
- Bye Bye UK!After an overnight stay at the Premier Inn, Gatwick (starting off our trip in style!) we said goodbye to a very dark and miserable London this morning and set off on our epic adventure.
We’re feeling a little rough from 2 Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Jul 5, 2014
- Day 18In the morning we went to Russian Bazar where you can buy pretty much anything:
[img=http://photos.trav Posted by thezims in Russia | Jul 1, 2014
- Day 17My aunt invited the girls to go to Park Kulturi today and Chris & I wanted to walk more around the downtown.
Girls did a lot of activities there and their favorite was going into the balls on the water:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/678417 Posted by thezims in Russia | Jul 1, 2014
- Day 16Today we decided to embrace the hot weather and go explore the city. Lots of ice cream stops helped us through the day:
We walked on the river fro Posted by thezims in Russia | Jun 30, 2014
- Day 15In the morning my mom took girls to a puppet theater "Arlekin". She told them a story ahead of time, so that they knew what was going on.
[img=http://photos. Posted by thezims in Russia | Jun 30, 2014
- Day 13-14We spend 2 days in our summer house outside of the city, called "DACHA". Lots of Russians have dachas to grow their own vegetables and fruits and escape the dust and noise of the city.
It's been 90s almost every Posted by thezims in Russia | Jun 25, 2014
- Day 12Chris couldn't drink instant coffee anymore and got an americano from a stand in a tiny little cup:
Omsk has a very nice circus. It's a permanent building and run Posted by thezims in Russia | Jun 25, 2014
- Saratov…..surprise, surprise Well Saratov was not actually on our itinerary but with all the changes we could not make the 790k’s to Samara in one day so a random stop was made in Saratov, home to about 1 million people and sustained Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Jun 23, 2014
- Why go to Volgograd?Volgograd; better known as Stalingrad and the location of the bloodiest battle of WWII, The battle of Stalingrad, the German front line which was the beginning of the end for the Nazi regime. Over 90% of the city was destroyed Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Jun 23, 2014
- Rushin’ to Russia Checked and double checked that we all had the documents right for entry into Russia and then set off for the 195km ride through the Caucuses along the old Georgian military road. This road is one of the oldest continuously Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Jun 23, 2014
- Day 11We are still on St. Petersburg's time. Go to bed about 1 or 2 am and wake up around noon.
Today we had a scare with Katerina again... She bumped her head on a corner of a table and had Posted by thezims in Russia | Jun 21, 2014
- Day 8-10Arrived to Omsk early in the morning at 4:40 am. Chris was greeted with a big bottle of "Live Beer" and was forced by my aunt Galya to drink it right away :) Chris said all beer is comparable to Posted by thezims in Russia | Jun 21, 2014