- Too much Kaliningrad, not enough KönigsbergI wish this city was more Königsberg and less Kaliningrad...
I cannot say that Kaliningrad has been a highlight of the trip, but I cannot say that I regret m Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Sep 5, 2016
- Heading back to RussiaToday centered around traveling from Vilnius to Kaliningrad. I had booked a seat on a bus that left Vilnius at 10:00, so I was able to have a leisurely morning. It was raining throughout the morning, but it Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Sep 4, 2016
- More of Sankt Peterburg, Russia [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/842452/90_D10D3D300E67EA655FA744E1F55BF85C.jp Posted by inga2363 in Julie and Inga Russia Trip | Aug 28, 2016
- From Russia with LoveMy final full day in Moscow and it was jam packed with sights to see... and hot as all hell. Plus I got a lot of sun. A lot.
After breakfast I headed out into the city, though not Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 22, 2016
- Inside the KremlinA truly amazing day here in Moscow!
My plan was to arrive at the Kremlin when it opened at 10:00 so I could see the various museums and sights there. I ate a good breakfast at the hotel, though Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 21, 2016
- To Russia I flew...It has been a very long and tiring two days!
Yesterday I got up around 07:00 to pack, have breakfast and shower before heading off to the airport. The line to check in was ridiculous: they had only two Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Aug 20, 2016
- At the Russian Defence Forces Museum in MoscowThe Museum of the Russian Defence Forces focuses mainly on World War II history and Cold War weaponry. It is located in Sovetskaya Ulitsa Armii Nr. 2, in the North of Central Moscow, next to the beautiful Ekaterina the Great Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Aug 20, 2016
- Day 11 St Petersburg, RussiaDay two saw us up and ready to go by 7am, quite an effort. Once again, it was a long drive. We actually drove on part of the freeway that we can see being built. Apparently the northern and southern Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Jul 28, 2016
- Day 10 St Petersburg, RussiaThe mooring in St Peterburg was at a new facility quite some distance from this large city. In the distance we would see the high density unity rising to the sky and a freeway under construction. We were required to Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Jul 28, 2016
- On the road againWell it was time to get back on the road, so after saying goodbye to Kostyn who gave me a gift of one of those wooden Russian dolls and also saying goodbye to his eldest daughter, I hit the road, Posted by Speedmaster58 in Wrong Way round to Sweden via Mongolia | Jul 11, 2016
- Update Number 2After some more sightseeing we set off for Nizhni Novgorod and Marrianna's city appartment so she could get ready for her trip to Moscow. On the way we collected my water pump repair kit from the local BMW car dealers, Posted by Speedmaster58 in Wrong Way round to Sweden via Mongolia | Jul 10, 2016
- Update number 1Before I left Penza, I noticed that I had a leak from my water pump on the bike, a common problem and that would explain the overheating! After consulting the Haynes "oracle" I messaged Luke my son and Jack Hanlon Posted by Speedmaster58 in Wrong Way round to Sweden via Mongolia | Jul 9, 2016
- Day 14,15 &16having left the Hotel in Rostov I was having a slight difficulty finding the right road out of town to Moscow, so as you do I pulled over next to a Police car to ask directions. Top blokes, indicated for Posted by Speedmaster58 in Wrong Way round to Sweden via Mongolia | Jun 28, 2016
- Day 13Today has been a catch up day for both washing and sorting out registration paperwork along with getting a Russian Sim, buying supplies and checking the bike out.
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by Speedmaster58 in Wrong Way round to Sweden via Mongolia | Jun 24, 2016
- Day 11 & 12The lady in the Motel had asked what time I wanted breakfast, 8am would be fine... 8.30 and still no sign of life I decided to just crack on and get breakfast on the run.
After a couple of navigational errors Posted by Speedmaster58 in Wrong Way round to Sweden via Mongolia | Jun 23, 2016
- When did Renaissance Art become a Contact Sport?Our plan for today was to visit the Hermitage, the winter palace and home of the Russian Tsars between 1763 and 1917.
We catch an early morning trolley bus to Nevsky Prospekt, where we get the feeling the locals are Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jun 22, 2016
- Sparkling St PetersburgWith two days to explore, our first day is a quick general seeing day as tomorrow is set aside for the Hermitage, the winter palace for the Russian Royal Family.
The quickest way to get to know a city when Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jun 22, 2016
- Subway Spotting Our last day in Moscow and we still had some time in the morning for sightseeing.
We considered ourselves quite expert at navigating the subway and at only 50 rubles each, we did a little "subway spotting" as Moscow's subway Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jun 17, 2016
- Moscow - the Heart of RussiaJen was really looking forward to this day but I could tell she was a little apprehensive. Last time here she had a little run in with Russian security guards with Kalashnikov weapons when she tried to get into the Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jun 17, 2016
- Freedom - now for Mockva and Red SquareWe arrived in Mockba after 5098 km and probably smelling a bit after 4 nights without a shower. Our friendly driver took us to the Ismaylova hotel about 5 subway stops from Red Square. We definitely enjoyed our first shower Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jun 12, 2016
- Day 3 of our Siberian Incarceration... Morning town = Perm 2 , travelled 3600 km, 1500 km to go
Day 3 activities ....... See previous day activities. Still nothing changes.
We had a 30 minute stop late this morning and so I did the " Mission Impossible" Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jun 11, 2016
- Are we there yet?Morning town = Barbarinsk, 2000 km travelled and 3100 km to go.
Generally early in the morning we stop off for about 30 minutes at a station. Most of the times the station stops are only between 2 and 5 minutes. Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jun 11, 2016
- Forests, Farming and Crumbling FactoriesHaving departed Irkutsk yesterday afternoon, we travelled through the night.
In the morning we arrived in Ilyanska. 800 km's down, 4300 to go!
We had the cabin to ourselves as our tour p Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jun 10, 2016
- Crossing the Tran-Siberian frontierLast night was our last sleep before we embark on the final frontier of four nights on the trans-Mongolian train from Irkutsk to Russia, one of the great train rides that covers 5093 km. The other well known train is Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jun 9, 2016
- The Pearl of Siberia From my teenage years of watching Hogan's Heroes and war movies, Siberia was always the place to send convicts, political dissidents, and any other trouble makers, so I had an impression that Siberia was going to be a harsh desolate Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jun 8, 2016