- Let's Take A BreakCircum Baikal, July 31st 2014
Someone said that in his daughter's school, it's prohibited to quote from Wikipedia. Well, so far I still trust Wikipedia and as you might have noticed very wel Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 8, 2014
- Boyhood Dream No.1I should stop here but this journey would not be complete if I didn’t share the dream.
An eight year old boy receives a board game on what occasion he cannot remember. The PanAm round the world board game; he no Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Sep 7, 2014
- Circum Baikal Railroad TourCircum Baikal, July 31st 2014
So, my [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circum-Baikal_Railway|Circum Baikal]] Railroad journey wasn't merely a transfer from Listvyanka to Irkutsk by train. It wa Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 7, 2014
- The Road of BonesNow we are really at the pointy end. In six days’ time it will be over but it will be one day at a time as anything could happen….this road, this region is very remote, wild and services are very Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Sep 7, 2014
- St Petersburg, Russia - Day 2I was up in time to watch the Queen Victory slip into an adjacent berth while the sun rose despite having much less sleep than I'm used to. After breakfast we spent some time finishing off a number of chores Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 6, 2014
- Good Morning, Baikal!Listvyanka, July 31st 21014
The not so good thing of this hotel was I woke up feeling confused whether it was actually summer or winter. You know what I mean. So I made sure to supply my body with enough calories Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 6, 2014
- St Petersburg, Russia - Day 1The ship arrived at her berth in St Petersburg right in schedule. We were the fifth ship to occupy a berth at the extensive passenger terminal facility. A great percentage of the ship's passengers were up and making Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 5, 2014
- Uglich - Friday, 29 August 2014Under sail. It was nice to wake up leisurely this morning and not have to rush anywhere. Had breakfast with Brian and Anna from Brisbane and Paul and Vicki from Hobart. It is cool and the river is Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Sep 5, 2014
- Moscow - Uglich - Thursday, 28 August 2014On the bus at 9am for separate excursions today. Phil went to the Central Museum of Armed Forces, as did most of the men, and I went to the State Tretyakov Gallery, which is a gallery totally dedicated to Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Sep 4, 2014
- Tallinn, EstoniaThe sky was totally overcast as I started my walk around the exercise track on deck 18. As we approached Tallinn we were enveloped in a thick fog, not an auspicious start to a port day. We assembled Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 4, 2014
- An Introduction to Lake BaikalListvyanka, July 30th 2014
It was extremely nice of Evgenia from [[http://www.russiantrain.com/|RussianTrain.com]] for providing me with a map of the attractions around my hotel area i Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 3, 2014
- Listvyanka, along the Lakeside of BaikalListvyanka, July 30th 2014
The one and only reason of my coming to Listvyanka was Lake Baikal. Through [[http://www.russiantrain.com/|RussianTrain.com]], I purchased a ticket for [[http://www.baikal-rail.com/circum_baikal_travel_report.html|Circum Baik Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 2, 2014
- Moscow, RUSSIAToday, Sunday, 31 August we travelled through picturesque villages to the Tver region. We passed through Klin, the former home of Tchaikovsky, to the Russian capital, Moscow.
Moscow is the capital city and the most populous federal subject of Russia. Posted by Kangatraveller in European Extravaganza - Living the Dream | Sep 2, 2014
- RUSSIA -ST PETERSBURGOn the afternoon of Thursday 28th August we crossed over into Russia and traversed the Karelian Plains into St Petersburg for two nights. We travelled through forested country with few towns along the way.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/568282/la Posted by Kangatraveller in European Extravaganza - Living the Dream | Sep 2, 2014
- Yakutsk, the world’s coldest cityJust before checking in I thought it may be prudent to pull out a jacket as I was going to be landing at around latitude 60deg so I am guessing it may be a little cooler than where I am. Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Sep 1, 2014
- Kool & Krazy KhabarosvkWith the big cities of Siberia behind me arriving in the middle of a bustling train station was not what I expected but there it was people, buses, taxis and trains going in all directions it had a great buzz Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Sep 1, 2014
- Episodes on the RailFrom Krasnoyarsk to Irkutsk,
July 29 - 30th 2014
A long railroad journey -- like 10 hours above -- never make me bored, as long as, I have something to do, or there are episodes, such as:
After a long nap on Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 1, 2014
- Rolling to IrkutskFrom Krasnoyarsk to Irkutsk,
July 29-30th 2014
Olga, a staff of [[http://sibtourguide.com/|SibTourGuide Hostel]] ordered a taxi for me and the taxi fare cost only 100 RUB because Krasnoyarsk Railway Station was just 5-minutes drive away.
[img=http: Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 29, 2014
- Moscow - Wednesday, 27 August 2014Slept in a little while this morning as we weren't leaving the ship until 9.45 am.
It's pouring rain and the trip into the Cosmonauts' Museum was rather slow. It was raining when we arrived so I took a few Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Aug 28, 2014
7th Aug to 12th Aug: Our couch surfing host in Warsaw went out of her way to ensure we didn't have any trouble getting to the airport by the two buses we needed. At 2:30am she accompanied us Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Aug 27, 2014
- Moscow - Tuesday, 26 August 2014We had a later rise this morning as we are leaving half an hour later today. Had breakfast and then on the bus for our tour of the Kremlin. At yesterday's briefing, Diana gave us strict instructions about Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Aug 27, 2014
- Krasnoyarsk the CityKrasnoyarsk, July 26 - 28th 2014
With our mind lingering on Stolby, let me show you a few shots from the parking area.
You remember the bird-tree-house I showed you in previous post about Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 26, 2014
- Moscow - Monday, 25 August 2014Had a good night's sleep and up early today as we are leaving the boat at 8am for an all day tour and won't be back until 6pm. Were the first in for breakfast this morning and sat with Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Aug 26, 2014
- The Little Things in StolbyKrasnoyark, July 28th 2014
When we are in the woods, we talk about wood, don't we? Here are the kinds of tree that grow in Stolby Nature Reserve.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/25 Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 25, 2014
- Sonja & StolbyKrasnoyarsk, July 28th 2014
Let me quote from [[http://www.stolby.ru/eng/|Stolby's website]] again:
[i]The offshoots of the mountains sinking in the green ocean of [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiga|taiga]] approach the very outskirts of a great for Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 24, 2014