- Novosibirsk, the City at a GlanceNovosibirsk, July 26th 2014
Good morning, Russia! This is the street near my hostel, from where I started my [[http://callmesonja.travellerspoint.com/75/|money-changer-quest]]. Along Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 18, 2014
- Lessons in NovosibirskNovosibirsk, July 26th 2014
Last night my host showed me the kitchen and where I could get cornflakes, milk, and... coffee. Yes, for free. That was music to my ears, especially that third one. So I woke up excited. Hmmm.... I Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 17, 2014
- Welcome to NovosibirskNovosibirsk, July 25th 2014
From Urumqi (China) I flew to Novosibirsk. How I wished I could cross the border overland. No way. Literally, no way.
For me, Russia rolled a red carpet in the Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 15, 2014
- Moscow to St. PetersburgHi Everyone - Elliot here this time 'round.
This post is to document our trip to Moscow and St Petersburg. Since I was the principal tourist on this trip I'll be guest authoring this post and narrating our journey through Posted by LizaSopina in In the Land of Socialist Vikings | Aug 14, 2014
- 2014 F9 OCEAN PRINCESS - St. PETERSBURG, METRONOT QUITE TIME FOR BED - A DETOUR OUT ON DECK .....
FOR A LOOK AT THE SUN GOING DOWN ON THE ST.PETERSBURG SKYLINE ....
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/large_P1170907.jpg Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 31, 2004
- Day 49Our trip came to an end. We are all packed. We barely fit all the gifts in our suitcases.
We are so excited to come back to America! It was very hard to put girls to bed. KitKat was sitting on Posted by thezims in Russia | Aug 4, 2014
- Days 41-48We had a busy last week visiting with friends, going to dacha and spending time with family.
We went to see Omsk Russian Choir and Dance Group which was fantastic!
I will post some pics later. Posted by thezims in Russia | Aug 4, 2014
- 2014 F8 OCEAN PRINCESS - St. PETERSBURG, FOLKLORIC SHOWONE OF THE PRINCESS EXCURSIONS WAS TO A FOLKLORIC SHOW.
AS LUCK WOULD HAVE IT, WE ALSO HAD SOME ENTERTAINERS COME ABOARD TO GIVE US A SHOW. THIS WAS FOR FREE OF COURSE.
SOMETHING OF A BARGAIN ,,,,,
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/645621/l Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 31, 2004
- 2014 F7 OCEAN PRINCESS - St. PETERSBURG, THE HERMITAGEMOVING UP THE BALTIC A LITTLE, WE NOW REACH ST. PETERSBURG.
I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO COME HERE FOR A WHILE & IT IS A MAJOR REASON FOR MY BEING ON THIS CRUISE.
THE SHIP IS HERE FOR TWO DAYS. I DID Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 31, 2004
- “I” time in IrkutskTonight is to be a camp stop before we arrive in Irkutsk and present at the Mongolian embassy to obtain our visas. The ride was excellent with kilometres of Siberian forest lining each side of the road and cool air Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Aug 1, 2014
- From Russia with Love….I was tinged with sadness when leaving Almaty, the old travellers curse, “there’s too many goodbyes”. I had met so many great people and could have stayed longer but it is a group and there is an itinerary…..!! Bugger :-)
Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Jul 30, 2014
- Computer GlitchA mindless start to the day saw me drop my laptop :-( and a few things got bent....all straight now and should be posting again soon
Cheers from somewhere in Siberia!
Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Jul 28, 2014
- Day 40We liked circus so much that we decided to go again and see the new show. The acrobats were fantastic, and a lot of them do tricks uphigh without any insurance. Amazing! The lighting was very good, too! The animals Posted by thezims in Russia | Jul 20, 2014
- Days 37-39My nephew, girls cousin Sasha came back from Urals and is staying with us. Girls are excited to meet their cousin who is consumed with cars and bikes!
He ordered for us to bring Pepsi and Coke from America, claiming that Posted by thezims in Russia | Jul 20, 2014
- Days 33-36The weather changed from the first 3 weeks that we were here. Now it's colder, 60s and occasionally it rains.
While I have to continue to work here, girls spend a lot of time with their grandmas. They start to pick Posted by thezims in Russia | Jul 20, 2014
- Moscowfsfaeg twr rtr
terwt ewrtertsegrhsh Posted by schatzis in Our great adventure | Jul 17, 2014
- Transiberian - Days 4 & 5==Friday 11th & Saturday 12th July==
Hola! As I can’t help saying to everyone it seems. I even found myself saying ‘Si’ repeatedly to our Chinese carriage attendant this morning when he was trying to explain to me how Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Jul 12, 2014
- Transiberian - Days 1 - 3==Tuesday 8th July==
We arrived at Moscow’s Yaroslavskiy Vokzal station some 2 hours early in readiness for our Transiberian journey, which in hindsight was a little too long to be hanging around this particular station. We sat at a table Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Jul 12, 2014
- Day 31The hottest day ever!!! And we went to a park with some rides. But by the time we got there, huge gray clouds started to roll in and all the rides started to close due to a storm, but we Posted by thezims in Russia | Jul 12, 2014
- From Russia with Love==Day 1==
After Jason eventually woke up after 11 ½ hours sleep (!!!!) we headed out on our first morning, sorry… afternoon, to explore everything that Moscow had to offer.
The area surrounding our hotel is like a scene from a horror Posted by katiejason in Katie & Jason's Round the World Trip | Jul 8, 2014
- Prince of Meshech and Tubal [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by Carl Sanchez in Paul Reveere Blog | May 1, 2014
- Wednesday 2nd July (Ilona)We set off for our 2nd day of sightseeing in St Petersburg, Having had to turn the clocks forward an hor twice in 2 days made it a very early start this morning. Considering it was a very late Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jul 6, 2014
- Day 26Today I was treated to a Spa Day by my mom and my sweetie pies. My mom made a really nice facial for me and the girls treated and massaged my hands. In the evening, I Saw "Blended" movie in Posted by thezims in Russia | Jul 6, 2014
- Tuesday 1st July (Elton)The ship arrives in port on time and after waiting ages to be told we can disembark, we go to the bottom deck only to see the doors are open. We're running late and then experience very, very long Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jul 6, 2014
- Days 22-25Since Chris left, I have to catch up on work and girls have been spending time with grandmas visiting friends and doing more low-key things like...
Visiting parks & friends:
[ Posted by thezims in Russia | Jul 5, 2014