- VladikavkazArrival from Tbilisi: Be ready for a long long wait at the border crossing. 4 hours was our time and that seems to be normal.
We decided to get a mashrutka from Tbilisi to Kazbegi, which is quite a touristy town, Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Oct 2, 2014
- Epilogue of the Second
That's the course I have taken on this second trip in Russia. And by this time, I have actually completed the Trans Mongolian Railroad journey up to Beijing. My journey in Monglia I mi Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 27, 2014
- Pictures on the Window -- Part 2From Irkutsk to Ulaanbaatar,
August 2 - 3, 2014
This was when passengers of Trans Mongolia hadn't turned wild stepping on the heater below, sticking out their head, absorbing all the Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 25, 2014
- Life off the RailFrom Irkutsk to Ulaanbaatar,
August 2 - 3, 2014
In [[http://callmesonja.travellerspoint.com/121/|Rolling to Ulaanbaatar]] I gave you a picture of how life was on the Trans Mongolian Train. Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 25, 2014
- Pictures on the Window -- Part 1From Irkutsk to Ulaanbaatar,
August 2 - 3, 2014
The weather wasn't clear, and neither was the window glass. But for a train that runs all the way from Moscow to Beijing, the spotty wi Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 24, 2014
- Rolling to UlaanbaatarFrom Irkutsk to Ulaanbaatar,
August 2 - 3, 2014
Phew!! I'm still experiencing goosebumps imagining what would have been of me. On my itinerary I had written 10:15 for the train departure time. But when I was packing, a Voice inside Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 22, 2014
- lt's no use Russian, we'll get there eventually.A sunny day in Russia, most welcome after the rather indifferent weather we've had at sea for the last couple of days. The town of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky sits in a large circular bay surrounded on all sides by snow-covered mountains (and Posted by mkali54 in Walls to Wall | Sep 21, 2014
- The Little Things in IrkutskIrkutsk, August 1st 2014
Near the bus terminal there was a shopping center and on top floor was to my expectation a food court. To be noted, this is not the Chinese shopping center I told you previously. It's more Russian Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 20, 2014
- A Changing World in IrkutskIrkutsk, August 1st 2014
Part of Irkutsk seemed to be lingering in the past while the other part was giving birth to a new Irkutsk. You might say that the shabby part is kept by pur Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 18, 2014
- China in RussiaIrkutsk, August 1st 2014
Look! It doesn't take much knowledge about China to recognize this as Chinese food. Then if one is familiar with Chinese culture, the border of this banner says: Chi Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 18, 2014
- Police!Irkutsk, August 1st 2014
After walking up and down the streets [[http://callmesonja.travellerspoint.com/108/|framing the wooden houses]] into my memory card, lingering at the crossroad for [[http://callmesonja.travellerspoint.com/110/|trams and buses t Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 17, 2014
- YER GÖK KIRMIZI==
Bugün yüklü bir gün.
Sabah kahvaltımızı otelde yaptık ve yürüme mesafesinde Kremlin 'e vardık.
Kremlin (Rusça: Кремль), "kale", "hisar", "şato" anlamlarına gelen ve çoğu tarihi Rus kentinin merkezinde bulunan muhkim yapılar bütünü.
En Posted by Traveloturc in RUSSIA | Sep 17, 2014
- An Irkutsk Vintage on WheelsIrkutsk, August 1st 2014
As I had been [[http://callmesonja.travellerspoint.com/46/|fascinated by the buses but mostly by the trams, in Khabarovsk]], so was I in Irkutsk. I wanted to scream, Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 16, 2014
- Irkutsk Window VintageIrkutsk, August 1st 21014
I told you, I love windows.
And Irkutsk knows me that well. See? Just for one structure, Irkutsk hung Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 16, 2014
- Windows into RussiaIrkutsk, August 1st 2014
I consider it a crime to visit Russia without spoiling my eyes on the architecture. That's speaking of Russia in general. Of Irkutsk specifically, it's an open air museum of wooden houses that's dated a century ago. Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 15, 2014
- Slyudyanka and Back to IrkutskSlyudyanka, July 31st 2014
Slyudyanka Train Station is said to be the only train station in the world built of white marble. Whether true or not, you tell me. I haven't gone to all tra Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 12, 2014
- MOSKVA==Uçağımız Sheretmeyovo 2 ye indi ve bizi bekleyen otobüs doğruca otelimize götürdü.
Otelimiz Kızıl Meydana çok yakın Marriott Royal Aurora oteli.
Eskiden önemsiz bir otel iken perestroika sonrası yabancı sermaye akınca Marriott zincirine katıldı ve eli Posted by Traveloturc in RUSSIA | Apr 16, 2004
Gençliğimde tüm öğrenci hareketlerinde adres olarak Moskova gösterilir ve karşıt görüş, daima "Moskova'ya ....Moskova'ya" diye bağırırdı.
Çetin Altan, zırt bir yazı mı yazdı adres belli Posted by Traveloturc in RUSSIA | Apr 16, 2004
- Goritsy - Sunday, 31 August 2014Docked in Goritsy at 9am and straight away on the bus for our tour of the Kirillo-Belozersky monastery. The weather is overcast and only expected to get to 12 degrees. It was huge but had been allowed to Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Sep 11, 2014
- Yaroslavl - Saturday, 30 August 2014Set the alarm for 5.45 am today as we had to be on the bus by 8 am for our tour of Yaroslavl. Awoke to a lovely sunrise through the clouds and then it was all downhill from there
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/562028/large_270_20140830 Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Sep 11, 2014
- Circum Baikal Back on the MoveCircum Baikal, July 31st 2014
For one final look, for one final shot, towards Polovinnaya. Click. I stared at the result on my preview screen. Where's the horizon? The sky and the lake have Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 11, 2014
- Let's Take A BreakCircum Baikal, July 31st 2014
Someone said that in his daughter's school, it's prohibited to quote from Wikipedia. Well, so far I still trust Wikipedia and as you might have noticed very wel Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 8, 2014
- Boyhood Dream No.1I should stop here but this journey would not be complete if I didn’t share the dream.
An eight year old boy receives a board game on what occasion he cannot remember. The PanAm round the world board game; he no Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Sep 7, 2014
- Circum Baikal Railroad TourCircum Baikal, July 31st 2014
So, my [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circum-Baikal_Railway|Circum Baikal]] Railroad journey wasn't merely a transfer from Listvyanka to Irkutsk by train. It wa Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 7, 2014
- The Road of BonesNow we are really at the pointy end. In six days’ time it will be over but it will be one day at a time as anything could happen….this road, this region is very remote, wild and services are very Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Sep 7, 2014