- Episode 11: Yaroslavl to Moscow17 September 2012
The 'wow' factor; crossing the street; getting a haircut and other observations; the metro adventure; finding a gem
The train between Yaraslavl and Moscow is essentially one of the long distance train Posted by IvaS in Overland Ulaanbaatar to Seattle | Sep 24, 2012
- Lake BaikalWith joy we departed the train and met our new honcho arthur. You will need to see a picture but arthur had an military dress style, with heavily accented english and a don't give a shit attitude, we consequently named Posted by awowchuk in Sun Siberia and Snow | Sep 23, 2012
- The train to IrkutskWe stepped onto the train and realised it was no where near the standard of the St Pete's- Moscow train and this was to be our home for the next 4 nights and 5193km. Jeez. Everyone paired up very quickly Posted by awowchuk in Sun Siberia and Snow | Sep 20, 2012
- MoscowI had one of the best sleeps ever on the train to Moscow, I was woken up by the cabin attendant 10 minutes before arrival and I had to wake my little cabin up. We were absolutely out to the Posted by awowchuk in Sun Siberia and Snow | Sep 19, 2012
- St PetersburgI was shattered before getting the bus to Russia, I had sleep but definitely not enough. I made my way, once again looking like a pack horse to the bus station and bordered the empty bus to St Petersburg. I Posted by awowchuk in Sun Siberia and Snow | Sep 19, 2012
- Rambles from RussiaLife the past few weeks has been crazy!
We spent our first few days here learning our way around the city and getting to know our host families. The NSLI-Y program definitely makes sure you are prepared! I now know the Posted by robinx18 in From Columbus to Kazan | Sep 18, 2012
- Episode 9: A side trip to Tobolsk
12 September 2012
Miles to town; helpful cabin mates; train classes; playing tourist around the Kremlin; new discovery at the train station
Tobolsk train station has to be the Posted by IvaS in Overland Ulaanbaatar to Seattle | Sep 16, 2012
- RussiaToday while on my plane I decided to do proper some research on Russia. Here is what I found.
Capital city: Moscow
Area: 6,592,769 sq miles
Government type: Communist (supposedly)
Main Religion: Russian Orthodox
Main Ethn Posted by Rhuffstetler in A Day in Britain | Sep 15, 2012
- Welcome to RussiaAfter a two-day orientation in DC and almost 20 hours of traveling through three different countries (only bearable because we flew Luftansa), our group of fifteen Americans arrived in a foggy, rainy Kazan. Only a few minutes later, the sun Posted by robinx18 in From Columbus to Kazan | Sep 14, 2012
- Introduction and Arriving in Russia'S mise Eilidh Oliver 's tha mi a' cuir seachad bliadhna san Ruis mar phairt de ceum ann an Cànan agus Cultair an Ruis. Tha mi'n dràsd' a' fuireach ann am Baile Factoraidh Pheadar (Petrozavodsk) 's bith mi ann am Posted by eilidhco in Peadar agus Pàdraig | Sep 13, 2012
- Trans-Siberian/Mongolian railroad – to UlaanbaatarHi! We are finally getting better about writing here – we are out of the relatives grasp and back to our backpacking/hosteling/not understanding anything around us – selves.
Just a few comments on the rest of our time Russia. I think, Posted by Drifters in Around the Globe in 2012 | Sep 11, 2012
- Onward East
This blog is in dire need of an update, and as usual, we have done a lot over the last couple weeks and there is much that I would like to say here. But I will try to keep Posted by Drifters in Around the Globe in 2012 | Sep 2, 2012
- High CaucasusИзначально планировалась экспедиция по Балканам с горами в Черногории, автостопом по Сербии и с морем на хорватском побережье. Ну а получился горный поход по российскому Кавказу. Что тоже, в общем-то неплохо!
[map=377536 lat=45.22529342671136 lon=36.02 Posted by Eugene.B in 40000 km there and back | Aug 31, 2012
- Grozny, Chechnya's Best HotelsHotel Arena City ****
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by LuxuryRogue in Luxury Rogue | Nov 22, 2011
- Caucasus coming backСнова добрался до Кавказа. И снова неимоверно впечатлён.
Конечно же здесь нет агрессивно настроенных местных жителей, конечно отсутствуют террористы и вооружённые боевики, а потенциальные опасности горного маршрута при должной осторожности и подготовке Posted by Eugene.B in 40000 km there and back | Aug 20, 2012
- Countryside to Belogrod 185kmMy plan today was to ride about 130km leaving myself just 50 the next day and a chance to explore the city of Belogrod a little; I was find out today though that things don’t always work out as planned.
Right Posted by Ontheroadagain in On the Road Again | Aug 8, 2012
- Voronezh to Somewhere in the countryside 82kmI hit the road again today and despite having got up early I didn’t really leave Voronezh until midmorning. You guessed it another of those tasty meals had me sticking around a little while longer than I planned. Posted by Ontheroadagain in On the Road Again | Aug 8, 2012
- VoronezhSergey and Ira took me on a walking tour of Voronezh but not before Ira got the chance to demonstrate her exemplary culinary skills by whipping up a storm of a brunch. I was served with this delicious Posted by Ontheroadagain in On the Road Again | Aug 8, 2012
- 莫斯科 莎哥斯基古城 Zagorsk莎哥斯基古城 Zagorsk 是位於莫斯科近郊的古城。可以乘火車或巴士前往。莎哥斯基古城是「金環古城」之一，也是聯合國「世界文化遺產」之一。
[img=http Posted by simony in 遊。行。Blog。 | Sep 13, 2011
- 聖彼得堡 The Catherine Palace嘉芙蓮皇宮是女沙皇嘉芙蓮大帝所建之夏宮，去看的主要是皇宮內的建築。由於一場大火消毀了皇宮內的建築，所以皇宮內大部份都是仿製品。但也能令每個遊客看到嘩嘩聲，也值回票價。
The Catherine Palace
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/490688/IMG_2827.j Posted by simony in 遊。行。Blog。 | Sep 12, 2011
- 聖彼得堡 St. Petersburg聖彼得堡係我去過咁多地方印象最深刻的。有漂亮的建築、宏偉的教堂、無數的小偷、舒服的船河、失望的俄羅斯大餐...
彼得與 Posted by simony in 遊。行。Blog。 | Sep 11, 2011
- 聖彼得堡 St. Petersburg The State Hermitage Museum隱士廬博物館為宮為世界三大博物館之一，曾經是俄羅斯沙皇的宮邸。喜歡藝術作品的人必定要去。因為連我這個不懂藝術的人也看到不想走。
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/490688/IMG_23 Posted by simony in 遊。行。Blog。 | Sep 10, 2011
- 聖彼德堡。彼得夏宮 The Peterhof State Museum Reserve聖彼德堡。彼得夏宮
The Peterhof State Museum Reserve
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/490688/IMG_2136.jpg capt Posted by simony in 遊。行。Blog。 | Sep 9, 2011
- 俄羅斯莫斯科 Moscow -Part 2 紅場(Красная площадь是莫斯科的一個公眾廣場。
克里姆林宮1990年被聯合國教科文組織列入為「世界文化 Posted by simony in 遊。行。Blog。 | Sep 8, 2011
- Anna to Voronezh 112kmToday was as easy as it gets on the bike. Despite the fact that I’d splashed out on a hotel room for the night I didn’t sleep that well and was up at the crack of dawn to get Posted by Ontheroadagain in On the Road Again | Aug 4, 2012