- Navigating the seas to Russia
The next stop on the itinerary is St. Petersburg, Russia. Growing up during the Cold War, Russia has always been on my must-visit list. Traveling to Russia can be a challenge. There are hu Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jun 7, 2016
- Russia, EuropeMy last flight was CAD$249 for a 8hr 45min ride with 1 stop in RIX for 4hr 25min via Air Baltic. The hotel I stayed at was the Hotel Metropol Moscow which was CAD$188 per night, or CAD$664.80 for Posted by TravelBuddy2016 in My Dream Trip around the World | Jun 2, 2016
- St PetersburgWe headed out looking for a local meal and spied a restaurant ahead. As we walked toward it I noticed that there was a stairway going under a building which had some indications of food. We got closer Posted by loueeezo in The adventures of L & P | Jun 2, 2016
- Moscow to St PetersburgAfter going to bed at 2am you would think that we would be sleeping in... but no such luck! The saying goes that if you get up at 4am you can get really great pictures of St Basil's Cathedral Posted by loueeezo in The adventures of L & P | Jun 1, 2016
- Moscow day 2With our feet already aching we joined a free walking tour of Moscow which met in a nearby park not far from our hotel. The tour showed some of the more historical points of Moscow as well as some Posted by loueeezo in The adventures of L & P | May 30, 2016
- Moscow - the sightsWe got up and wandered down to Red square to find it closed off. Not knowing what was going on we headed into GUM shopping centre which also seemed remarkably empty all things considered. After window shopping for Posted by loueeezo in The adventures of L & P | May 30, 2016
- Moscow here we comeWe got up relatively early as John and Christa had an early train to catch and we had to navigate our way to Heathrow airport for our flight to Moscow. After a kind lift to the metro station and Posted by loueeezo in The adventures of L & P | May 30, 2016
- Returning home Repacking my bags now when I’m “only” flying back home. Breakfast was served at the hotel and free transfer back to Sheremetyevo International Airport. My advice to you who are flying from Sheremetyevo International Airport is to be well in Posted by bejjan in MiG-29 Flight | Apr 28, 2016
- Back-up day This day was back-up day in case the flight yesterday would not have been implemented as planned due to technical problems with the actual aircraft or weather conditions etc. So instead there was a guided city tour in the city Posted by bejjan in MiG-29 Flight | Apr 27, 2016
- Time for flying! And then the day had arrived, the Big day. Wasn’t able to sleep many hours during night, but got up and felt refreshed with adrenaline pumping. A small breakfast was eaten (not worth eating too much in case of air-sickness) Posted by bejjan in MiG-29 Flight | Apr 26, 2016
- So close now… For once this was not a long journey, neither in distance nor number of days. This was a four-day trip back and forth to Nizhny Novgorod (Russia) with a spectacular adventure just waiting for me over there. All planning and Posted by bejjan in MiG-29 Flight | Apr 25, 2016
- April 20 - PETROPAVLOVSK, RUSSIA
We sat in the great bay of this remote city on the Kamchatka Peninsula of eastern Russia waiting for Russian officials to clear us to go ashore for a brief visit. Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Apr 20, 2016
- April 18 - KORSAKOV, RUSSIA
And now - we are in Russia! To be exact - on the southern tip of Sakhalin Island, located as close to Japan as it is to the Russian mainland. We anchored i Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 7 | Apr 18, 2016
- There is a Mammoth in my Lobby: Hotel Polar Star, Yakutsk Posted by LuxuryRogue in Luxury Rogue | Mar 24, 2016
- VladivostokArrived into Vladivostok in the evening. I walked to my hotel and checked in. After the first shower for 7 days I went to bed. However, sleeping was not easy as the bed was not moving and Posted by stephen_dann in World Tour 2016 | Mar 21, 2016
- Life on the Trans-Siberian train.
Each day followed the same pattern. Wake up between 7 and 9 local time, get up and eat breakfast. On 4 different nights the train traveled into the next time zone so you would get up at 8 Posted by stephen_dann in World Tour 2016 | Mar 21, 2016
- Extreme Traveler International Congress (ETIC) in AnabarFor the second time, members of all three leading travel collectors' clubs [[http://www.travellerscenturyclub.org|TCC]], [[http://www.mosttraveledpeople.com|MTP]] and [[http://www.thebesttravelled.com|TBT]] met for a global get-together, the [[http://www. Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Mar 10, 2016
- Road to Anabar. World's Northernmost Dead-End !
Three Lads and a Lada ...
... on the [[https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabar_%28Stra%C3%9 Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Mar 10, 2016
- Moscow Days 1 & 2Moscow day 1
Once I had arrived, phoned home and taken a quick shower, I headed out to explore. I took the metro up to the station close to the Kremlin. After walking across Red Square I walked right Posted by stephen_dann in World Tour 2016 | Mar 5, 2016
- Mountains Altay - Wild Rarity FlowersTravel blog about unique nature of Mountains Altay. Photos from collection of wild [[http://www.altaytravels.ru/wild-flowers-mountains-altay|Mountains Altay flowers]]
The beauty perfection world of real nature...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by altaytravels in Travel to Mountains Altay | Feb 29, 2016
- Valley of freedom - Altay It was a really great later autumn journey. The nature really clear and silence. I made series of photographs.
I really like the name of this place - [[http://www.altaytravels.ru/valley-of-freedom|Valley of Freedom]].
[img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by altaytravels in Travel to Mountains Altay | Jan 26, 2016
- River Katun - Mountains AltayI have made some art photography in my travels to Mountain Altay, River Katun. It is was beautiful tourist journey.
[[http://www.altaytravels.ru/|Tourism to Mountain Altay]] photos.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/802486/mountain-a..iver-katu Posted by altaytravels in Travel to Mountains Altay | Jan 18, 2016
- RussiaFirst blog finally published! It's taken me a while as I've been so busy, but I will publish one for each country 😊, with interesting facts at the end of each blog...so here it goes!
After nearly missing my flight Posted by Poppy90 in Poppy's Travel Blog! | Dec 26, 2015
- Chicken, vodka and Russian moustachesI'm writing this from the cosy corner of a sleeper train. A lot has happened in the last few weeks, least of all cycling! I'll start at the end of Tbilisi.
I met many cyclists on their way through in Tbilisi. Posted by Banana Spokes in Bears can ride bikes | Nov 7, 2015
- W VA, BALI, RUSSIA, AZERBAIJANThis was an exhausting but exciting trip. It was the first really big trip following becoming SPE President and it set the standard for trips to come.
===Eastern Regional Meeting, Morgant Posted by fracmeister in SPE President Travels | Nov 7, 2015