- W drodze do Czyta / De reis naar Tsjita... 42,5 uur9 godzin różnicy czasowej w porównaniu z domem / [NL] 9 uur later t.o.v. west-Europa
Kolejny dzień podróży pociągiem przyniósł nowe wrażenia. Obudziliśmy się o dziesiątej rano i kiedy wyjrzeliśmy za okno, zobaczyliśmy prószący śnieg! Ten Posted by Julia Boele in Transsiberie Express | Oct 1, 2013
- Chabarowsk9 godzin różnicy czasowej w porównaniu z domem / [NL] 9 uur later t.o.v. west-Europa
W niedzielny poranek dojechaliśmy do Chabarowska, miasto położonego nad rzeką Amur w odległości 25 kilometrów od granicy z Chinami. Udało nam się zostawi Posted by Julia Boele in Transsiberie Express | Oct 1, 2013
- Pictures of the apartmentFor everyone who is curious to see how our apartment looks like and who wants to get an idea of how we´re going to live for the next half year.
[img=http://photos.travel Posted by Stephanie Jüßen in Internship Sochi | Sep 28, 2013
- PreparationsHello everyone,
Here is our first entry to our blog on our internship in Sochi. As many of you have noticed on FB or via other means, the preparations didn't excactly go as planned. The idea was that we would do Posted by Joost Berends in Internship Sochi | Sep 29, 2013
- Kolej TranssyberyjskaKolej Transsyberyjską początkowo Rosjanie określali mianem Wielikij Sibirskij Put` (Wielka Syberyjska Droga), które jednak nie zakorzeniło się na stałe w języku rosyjskim. Powszechnie funkcjonuje nazwa Transsibirskaja Magistral (w skrócie Transsib), pocho Posted by Julia Boele in Transsiberie Express | Sep 28, 2013
- Władywostok c.d. / Twee laatste dagen in Vladivostok9 godzin różnicy czasowej w porównaniu z domem / [NL] 9 uur later t.o.v. west-Europa
Tak się złożyło, że w piątek mieliśmy okazję na udanie się do Cerkwi w Parku Pokrowskim. Tego dnia wypadło jedno z dwunastu Wielkich Świąt kalendarza Posted by Julia Boele in Transsiberie Express | Sep 27, 2013
- BALTIC CRUISE TO ST PETERSBURG, AUG 21-OCT 2, 2013 My son Doug and his new book.
I met H Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Sep 26, 2013
- Władywostok / Eerste dagen in Vladivostok9 godzin różnicy czasowej w porównaniu z domem / [NL] 9 uur later t.o.v. west-Europa
Nasz pierwszy dzień tutaj był bardzo krótki, gdyż wylądowaliśmy o godzinie 14 lokalnego czasu, gdy tymczasem w domu była dopiero piąta rano tego samego d Posted by Julia Boele in Transsiberie Express | Sep 26, 2013
- Podróż do Rosji / Heenreis naar RuslandOdległość z Amsterdamu do Władywostoku przemierzyliśmy trzema różnymi samolotami, mając przesiadki w Hamburgu i Moskwie. Nasz ostatni lot trwał 9 godzin. [NL] De heenreis naar Rusland was een vlucht naar Moskou met overstap in Hamburg. In Moskou wa Posted by Julia Boele in Transsiberie Express | Sep 26, 2013
- Санкт-Петербург, RussiaUp way too early we packed and walked to our airport bus which took just 45 mins to get to Arlanda airport to catch our flight from Stockholm to St Petersburg. We ended up arriving a little early to Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Sep 13, 2013
- Ticket offices and ChurchesOur first day's sightseeing in St. Petersburg was delayed by the intricacies of the Russian Railways booking system. We needed to book an overnight train to Moscow so spent much of the morning trying and failing to purchase them online Posted by ndsmith in Nick's Global Adventure | Sep 19, 2013
- Welcome to RussiaAs the train pulled out of Helsinki station, I was excited to be heading out of the EU and into the relative unknown of Russia. The journey was progressing well as the train sped through the Finnish countryside and across Posted by ndsmith in Nick's Global Adventure | Sep 18, 2013
- Moscow[float=right][/float]There are two reasons why we haven’t written anything about Moscow yet. Firstly we had really good fun in Moscow so there was no time for writing. Secondly we were pretty busy Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | Sep 4, 2013
- Sauna by the lakeWhen you've been on a train for 4 days it is most unnerving to discover you list from side to side when faced with firm ground. We were taken straight from the station at Irkutsk to a village on Posted by arianemeena in Two Pairs of Shoes | Sep 4, 2013
- 88 HoursAnd so to the train.
Our little compartment was remarkably comfortable (helped by Posted by arianemeena in Two Pairs of Shoes | Aug 29, 2013
- Underground CathedralsThe surprisingly luxurious #19 Megapolis night train took us south from St. Petersburg to a wet and humid Moscow. The sun came out for an afternoon trip to the truly surreal VDNKh; once the Soviet governments' Exhibition of the Achievements Posted by arianemeena in Two Pairs of Shoes | Aug 28, 2013
- Asian Russia[float=right][/float]Not long enough time spent in Mongolia but unfortunately it is time to move on to visit our Soviet cousins :D. Instead of taking the actual TranSiberian train we headed to the Posted by Olga Sapakova in Trav The Traveller | Aug 27, 2013
- ZIMNIK - Ice Roads in Russia"Zimnik" is the Russian term for temporary "winter roads", constructed every year, roughly between the end of December and the beginning of April, on snow and rivers, purposely to serve remote polar regions of Siberia.
The term "ice road" has Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Aug 24, 2013
- I spy with my little eye...One thing is self-evident by the length of time we have spent on trains playing “I spy with my little eye, something beginning with T” and that’s Russia is vast. So huge in fact, that after a week travelling eastward Posted by stuartfinch in Somewhere Over The Urals. | Aug 23, 2013
- Apples and VodkaDay 1, 7am- Terminal 5 Bag Drop
"I assume my bag will be checked through to St Petersburg?"
"Erm, no. We don't have an agreement with Air Berlin so you'll have to collect it and check it in again for your onward Posted by arianemeena in Two Pairs of Shoes | Aug 21, 2013
- Rogaining world champs and big Russian citiesIt's 7am on Saturday morning and the sun is beaming in the big window of the corner apartment we have rented for the duration of our three day stay in Moscow. Up here on the 7th floor we are largely Posted by LS overland in L & S Finland to Australia overland trip | Aug 21, 2013
- First Class to MongoliaWe left Irkutsk last night after saying a sad goodbye to Penny, Rowan, Emer and Gertrud and a ‘see you soon’ to Steve and Chopper. After boarding the train at around 10.30pm we sat and talked for a while before Posted by Nicola_C in The Adventure Begins | Aug 13, 2013
- The Paris of SiberiaToday we travelled back to Irkutsk. I must admit I knew next to nothing about Irkutsk as I hadn’t taken the time to find anything out; I thought the Lake was the main attraction here and expected Irkutsk to be Posted by Nicola_C in The Adventure Begins | Aug 11, 2013
- The Pearl of SiberiaWe arrived in Irkutsk around 10am and got our transfer directly to our accommodation in Listvyanka at Lake Baikal. We were staying in a guesthouse not far from the lake shore and our rooms shared a large balcony facing towards Posted by Nicola_C in The Adventure Begins | Aug 10, 2013
- Three days on a train!The next leg of the train was the big one, two and a half days! We boarded the train at around 10pm and would not arrive in Irkutsk until 9.30am, three days later. For this leg I was sharing with Posted by Nicola_C in The Adventure Begins | Aug 10, 2013