- An Introduction to Lake BaikalListvyanka, July 30th 2014
It was extremely nice of Evgenia from [[http://www.russiantrain.com/|RussianTrain.com]] for providing me with a map of the attractions around my hotel area i Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 3, 2014
- Listvyanka, along the Lakeside of BaikalListvyanka, July 30th 2014
The one and only reason of my coming to Listvyanka was Lake Baikal. Through [[http://www.russiantrain.com/|RussianTrain.com]], I purchased a ticket for [[http://www.baikal-rail.com/circum_baikal_travel_report.html|Circum Baik Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 2, 2014
- Moscow, RUSSIAToday, Sunday, 31 August we travelled through picturesque villages to the Tver region. We passed through Klin, the former home of Tchaikovsky, to the Russian capital, Moscow.
Moscow is the capital city and the most populous federal subject of Russia. Posted by Kangatraveller in European Extravaganza - Living the Dream | Sep 2, 2014
- RUSSIA -ST PETERSBURGOn the afternoon of Thursday 28th August we crossed over into Russia and traversed the Karelian Plains into St Petersburg for two nights. We travelled through forested country with few towns along the way.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/568282/la Posted by Kangatraveller in European Extravaganza - Living the Dream | Sep 2, 2014
- Yakutsk, the world’s coldest cityJust before checking in I thought it may be prudent to pull out a jacket as I was going to be landing at around latitude 60deg so I am guessing it may be a little cooler than where I am. Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Sep 1, 2014
- Kool & Krazy KhabarosvkWith the big cities of Siberia behind me arriving in the middle of a bustling train station was not what I expected but there it was people, buses, taxis and trains going in all directions it had a great buzz Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Sep 1, 2014
- Episodes on the RailFrom Krasnoyarsk to Irkutsk,
July 29 - 30th 2014
A long railroad journey -- like 10 hours above -- never make me bored, as long as, I have something to do, or there are episodes, such as:
After a long nap on Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 1, 2014
- Rolling to IrkutskFrom Krasnoyarsk to Irkutsk,
July 29-30th 2014
Olga, a staff of [[http://sibtourguide.com/|SibTourGuide Hostel]] ordered a taxi for me and the taxi fare cost only 100 RUB because Krasnoyarsk Railway Station was just 5-minutes drive away.
[img=http: Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 29, 2014
- Moscow - Wednesday, 27 August 2014Slept in a little while this morning as we weren't leaving the ship until 9.45 am.
It's pouring rain and the trip into the Cosmonauts' Museum was rather slow. It was raining when we arrived so I took a few Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Aug 28, 2014
7th Aug to 12th Aug: Our couch surfing host in Warsaw went out of her way to ensure we didn't have any trouble getting to the airport by the two buses we needed. At 2:30am she accompanied us Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Aug 27, 2014
- Moscow - Tuesday, 26 August 2014We had a later rise this morning as we are leaving half an hour later today. Had breakfast and then on the bus for our tour of the Kremlin. At yesterday's briefing, Diana gave us strict instructions about Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Aug 27, 2014
- Krasnoyarsk the CityKrasnoyarsk, July 26 - 28th 2014
With our mind lingering on Stolby, let me show you a few shots from the parking area.
You remember the bird-tree-house I showed you in previous post about Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 26, 2014
- Moscow - Monday, 25 August 2014Had a good night's sleep and up early today as we are leaving the boat at 8am for an all day tour and won't be back until 6pm. Were the first in for breakfast this morning and sat with Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Aug 26, 2014
- The Little Things in StolbyKrasnoyark, July 28th 2014
When we are in the woods, we talk about wood, don't we? Here are the kinds of tree that grow in Stolby Nature Reserve.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/25 Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 25, 2014
- Sonja & StolbyKrasnoyarsk, July 28th 2014
Let me quote from [[http://www.stolby.ru/eng/|Stolby's website]] again:
[i]The offshoots of the mountains sinking in the green ocean of [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiga|taiga]] approach the very outskirts of a great for Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 24, 2014
- When Sonja Met StolbyKrasnoyarsk, July 28h 2014
Copying from [[http://www.stolby.ru/eng/|Stolby's website]]:
[i]Looking east of the Urals in the physiographic map of Russia, there's a green field on the left, the West Siberian Plain, and a brown field on the right, the Mi Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 24, 2014
- Singapore to Moscow - Sunday, 24 August 2014We boarded the plane and took off at 2.30 am for our 10.10 hour flight to Moscow. I started watching a movie but was struggling with the sound, so went to sleep and pretty well slept most of the flight, Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Aug 24, 2014
- Ulan Ude to KhabarovskSo there I was at 4am entering car No.7 looking for berth No.5, easy enough to find but as 1st class cabins are restricted to two people I thought it a good idea to knock before I crashed through the Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Aug 23, 2014
- Flowers of the FieldKrasnoyarsk, July 27th 2014
When I was a kid, I often heard:
“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin."
Then I wondered: "Flowers of the field?"
"That means wild Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 22, 2014
- Boyhood Dream No.2Decisions, decisions…………..? I’m committed to being in Magadan for the end but do I go to Vladivostok (VVO) and fly or meet the group in Yakutsk (YKS) and spend the last 5 days travelling in the truck on the actual Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Aug 20, 2014
- Ulan Ude and a lesson in Russian logisticsWe arrived Saturday midday in Ulan Ude and had lunch in the main square with the entire group and said our goodbyes. Alpha had arrived the night before and had decided to stay another night to catch up with Oscar Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Aug 20, 2014
- My Dacha Ultimate ExperienceKrasnoyarsk, July 27th 2014
In archaic Russian, said [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dacha|Wikipedia]], the word dacha means "something given". The first dachas in Russia began to appear during the reign of [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_the_Great Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 19, 2014
- Finally Found My Future HomeToday was shorter than most. We drove an hour outside of the city to Peter the Great’s summer palace, Peterhof. Peter the Great never actually lived in the palace. In fact, he hated it and choose to live in a Posted by kristinameyers in The Vogue Voyager | Aug 19, 2014
- St. Petersburg Part IIToday, we visited the Hermitage Museum. Located inside 5 buildings, including the Winter Palace, Catherine the Great commissioned them to house some of the world’s finest art. In fact, this museum holds the largest collection of art in the world. Posted by kristinameyers in The Vogue Voyager | Aug 19, 2014
- Falling in Love with St. PetersburgLet me first start by saying I was excited for Russia because of my sophomore year history class. But nothing prepared me for what I saw. We met our tour guide, this sassy short woman who is one of the Posted by kristinameyers in The Vogue Voyager | Aug 19, 2014