- RussiaFirst blog finally published! It's taken me a while as I've been so busy, but I will publish one for each country 😊, with interesting facts at the end of each blog...so here it goes!
After nearly missing my flight Posted by Poppy90 in Poppy's Travel Blog! | Dec 26, 2015
- Chicken, vodka and Russian moustachesI'm writing this from the cosy corner of a sleeper train. A lot has happened in the last few weeks, least of all cycling! I'll start at the end of Tbilisi.
I met many cyclists on their way through in Tbilisi. Posted by Banana Spokes in Bears can ride bikes | Nov 7, 2015
- W VA, BALI, RUSSIA, AZERBAIJANThis was an exhausting but exciting trip. It was the first really big trip following becoming SPE President and it set the standard for trips to come.
===Eastern Regional Meeting, Morgant Posted by fracmeister in SPE President Travels | Nov 7, 2015
- St Petersburg on First Impression-SSt Petersburg, January 3rd 2015
Wow. It isn't as cold. That was First Impression "A" while crossing the airport's parking lot. Through the broad streets we drove, I gasped at the sight of the buildings. Wow. It isn't the Russia I Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Oct 11, 2015
- Recording My Flight to Sankt PeterburgFrom Novosibirsk to Saint Petersburg through Yekaterinburg,
January 3rd 2015
My Trans Mongolian Railroad journey [[http://callmesonja.travellerspoint.com/190/|is completed]]. But I want to give myself a bonus: St. Petersburg. After all, it's on every Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Oct 4, 2015
- Bubble! Bubble! Happy FaceNovosibirsk, January 2nd 2015
Remember the Dalmatians? [[http://callmesonja.travellerspoint.com/196/|My joy and excitement at Novosibirsk Circus]] has yet more to be shared.
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Oct 2, 2015
- Circus! Circus! Novosibirsk Circus!Novosibirsk, January 2nd 2015
The stadium was maybe approximately same size as the one in Khabarovsk. But the lobby and cloak room was much bigger in Novosibirsk Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 29, 2015
- My Russian BlissNovosibirsk, January 2nd 2015
It has always been my dearest wish of Russia: Ballet. And yet, Vladivostok, Khabarovsk, Perm, Moscow, Vladimir... every time I checked, no schedule performance matched my itinerary... until today. I woke up especially exci Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 26, 2015
- St. PetersburgSt. Petersburg.
Finally some happy people cruising the streets. After a somewhat disappointing host in Moscow, the spirits around the gang had been hit hard. Some frays in the rich tapestry that had been woven showed some signs of unravelling, which Posted by kidd1200 in The Vodka Diaries | Sep 25, 2015
- Novosibirsk ZooparkNovosibirsk, January 1st 2015
Today the streets were even quieter than last night.
Wow! There's a TV inside my [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshrutka|marshrutka]]. Cool. Such a Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 23, 2015
- Feeling Guilty in NovosibirskNovosibirsk, December 31st 2014
Another something red. Thank you, Car. You have made my click a picture. The streets in Novosibirsk were quiet. It wasn't so last summer. New Year's Ev Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 22, 2015
- 2014 Mission Accomplished!Novosibirsk, December 31st 2014
I totally forgot about taking a picture once I set foot on Novosibirsk Train Station. I had been too much concerned about whether to take a bus or a taxi to my pre-booked Foxhole Hostel. Light snow Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 22, 2015
- Rolling to NovosibirskFrom Yekaterinburg to Novosibirsk,
December 30 - 31st 2014
The journey to Novosibirsk for my second time is about to begin. Here's Yekaterinburg Train Station. By the time I arrive in Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 20, 2015
It's an early 4am arrival in Moscow. We just pulled up stumps in our Hostel. Current time approximately 5:30.
It would appear we just endured a mammoth stint of about 117hrs on the train. Currently this time is been vigoursly debated, Posted by kidd1200 in The Vodka Diaries | Sep 19, 2015
- Moscow Bound
Alright, this entry will be out of sync because I need to get it out whilst the memories are still fresh.
We departed the idealic lakeside community of Litsyvenaka after talking an early morning swim in lake Baikal. Emma, Sarah, Dan, Posted by kidd1200 in The Vodka Diaries | Sep 19, 2015
- Saying Goodbye to YekaterinburgYekaterinburg, December 30th 2014
Having an hour before my taxi would come to bring me to the train station, I went out for a final goodbye to Yekaterinburg. Unlike [[http://callmesonj Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 19, 2015
- Hostel CentreYekaterinburg, December 28 - 30th 2014
That's it, Hostel_Centre, where I stayed while in Yekaterinburg.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/250384/large_FA Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 19, 2015
- The Tran-Siberian Railway (Moscow-Beijing)The Tran-Siberian railway is the passage way to the East...to the start of an adventure touring a world and culture that is entirely different to that in which one is used to in Europe. It's a world with different practices, Posted by Deanxc220 in It's all about the travel.. | Sep 15, 2015
- Arrival in MoscowAt last I am able to write my journal of the last gulp 11 days. OMG. What an adventure. So happy to be on this trip. So, at present waiting to depart Gare de Lyon in Paris for Mulhouse in Posted by Lyn Dennis in Kopecks to Koruna | Sep 13, 2015
- A trip to MoscowRussia...the country where most of people thoughts regarding the place are vodka, bears, vodka, borsch, dolls, ballet...and vodka. Visiting Moscow however, is much more then that..well, minus the bears. I didn't see any bears but that still doesn't knock Posted by Deanxc220 in It's all about the travel.. | Aug 19, 2015
- Day 18- St PetersburgI had an easy-going breakfast at my hotel before heading to the Museum of Fine Arts. It was a bit intimating walking in with all the guards but I guess they need to make sure no one touches the art Posted by sherington in Commerce Travel Assessment | Aug 16, 2015
- Day 17- St PetersburgToday I went on the Grand Tour of St Petersburg. The tour was in a mini van (that was actually quite comfortable) and covered all the icons of St Petersburg. My guide, Joel, was extremely good and told us the Posted by sherington in Commerce Travel Assessment | Aug 16, 2015
- Day 16- St PetersburgAfter a whole day and 2 nights on a plane I finally touched ground in St Petersburg where I went straight to my hotel and freshened up. I was a bit disappointed about the weather as it was raining. I Posted by sherington in Commerce Travel Assessment | Aug 16, 2015
- St PetersburgOn Sunday we had our second tour day in St Petersburg. We started the day with our guide with a boat cruise. It went down the river Neve and then down the 'fountain' river. It was quite interesting the changes Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 11, 2015
- St PetersburgOn Saturday we arrived in St Petersburg for a three day stop. It is the second largest city in Russia and Europe's fourth largest after Moscow, London and Paris.
What I didn't know (well I actually don't know a lot Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 8, 2015