- Saying Goodbye to YekaterinburgYekaterinburg, December 30th 2014
Having an hour before my taxi would come to bring me to the train station, I went out for a final goodbye to Yekaterinburg. Unlike [[http://callmesonj Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 19, 2015
- Hostel CentreYekaterinburg, December 28 - 30th 2014
That's it, Hostel_Centre, where I stayed while in Yekaterinburg.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/250384/large_FA Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 19, 2015
- The Tran-Siberian Railway (Moscow-Beijing)The Tran-Siberian railway is the passage way to the East...to the start of an adventure touring a world and culture that is entirely different to that in which one is used to in Europe. It's a world with different practices, Posted by Deanxc220 in It's all about the travel.. | Sep 15, 2015
- Arrival in MoscowAt last I am able to write my journal of the last gulp 11 days. OMG. What an adventure. So happy to be on this trip. So, at present waiting to depart Gare de Lyon in Paris for Mulhouse in Posted by Lyn Dennis in Kopecks to Koruna | Sep 13, 2015
- A trip to MoscowRussia...the country where most of people thoughts regarding the place are vodka, bears, vodka, borsch, dolls, ballet...and vodka. Visiting Moscow however, is much more then that..well, minus the bears. I didn't see any bears but that still doesn't knock Posted by Deanxc220 in It's all about the travel.. | Aug 19, 2015
- Day 18- St PetersburgI had an easy-going breakfast at my hotel before heading to the Museum of Fine Arts. It was a bit intimating walking in with all the guards but I guess they need to make sure no one touches the art Posted by sherington in Commerce Travel Assessment | Aug 16, 2015
- Day 17- St PetersburgToday I went on the Grand Tour of St Petersburg. The tour was in a mini van (that was actually quite comfortable) and covered all the icons of St Petersburg. My guide, Joel, was extremely good and told us the Posted by sherington in Commerce Travel Assessment | Aug 16, 2015
- Day 16- St PetersburgAfter a whole day and 2 nights on a plane I finally touched ground in St Petersburg where I went straight to my hotel and freshened up. I was a bit disappointed about the weather as it was raining. I Posted by sherington in Commerce Travel Assessment | Aug 16, 2015
- St PetersburgOn Sunday we had our second tour day in St Petersburg. We started the day with our guide with a boat cruise. It went down the river Neve and then down the 'fountain' river. It was quite interesting the changes Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 11, 2015
- St PetersburgOn Saturday we arrived in St Petersburg for a three day stop. It is the second largest city in Russia and Europe's fourth largest after Moscow, London and Paris.
What I didn't know (well I actually don't know a lot Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 8, 2015
- Wooden architecture and a cheap taxiMy arrival in Irkutsk was at 23.30 - so far from ideal. Escaping the taxi maffia I walked to the bus stop. I saw many people waiting there so I was rather happy that it was not necessary to drive Posted by boeien in 3 months in Eastern Europe | Jul 24, 2015
- Kazan: Legendary city of Genghis Khan's Golden Horde
As the train was getting cold, our conductor was shoveling coal into the furnace that kept our car Posted by Ramdas Iyer in Ramdas Iyer's- World Traveller Blogs | Jul 16, 2015
- Ruthee Rules RussiaAfter packing up all our belongings into a 5x3 metre box and surviving the 30 plus hour plane ride we finally arrived in St Petersburg, Russia.
We were herded through Russian security and given a highly important migration card on a Posted by nathanruth in Backpacks, Buses and Beyond | Jul 15, 2015
- Speak slowly, he is a foreignerKhabarovsk - most people will have never heard of this city. Me neither before I spoke to one of my colleagues at Rabobank.
Like Vladivostok, this city lies in the "Far East" region of Russia and is not a tourist attraction. Posted by boeien in 3 months in Eastern Europe | Jun 18, 2015
- Getting ready for our big Adventure.Getting ready for traveling can be overwhelming, stressful and tiresome. In order to avoid the stress, I asked the children to pack their pack-backs.
Each child will pack his own bag. I am responsible for packing my bag and making sure Posted by NAGATTRAVEL in TRAVELING WITH KIDS | Jun 14, 2015
- Pisa in RussiaNevyansk, December 29th 2014
Instinctively I browsed my former host's website from Krasnoyarsk to check the links listed there. That was how I got to know about this tour I took to the Asia-Europe Border and Nevyansk. I read: "the leaning Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Jun 12, 2015
- The closed city & 3D potatoesI decided to go to the far East to do my laundry and to make sure that my planning would allow me to not get stuck half way Russia. Flying from Kazan to Moscow to Vladivostok - quite some trip.
Vladivostok, Posted by boeien in 3 months in Eastern Europe | Jun 10, 2015
- The blue lagoonKazan is the capital of Tatarstan, which is actually a republic inside the federation of Russia. The people who live here are Tatars and Russians, hence you see and hear both languages over there (and in public transport some things Posted by boeien in 3 months in Eastern Europe | Jun 9, 2015
- The OldNevayansk, December 29th 2014
Remember [[http://callmesonja.travellerspoint.com/178/|Sergey]] and [[http://callmesonja.travellerspoint.com/180/|Ludmila]] in Tavolgi, the pottery village? They were followers of the [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Bel Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Jun 7, 2015
- Do They Eat Chili?Yekaterinburg, December 29th 2014
A friend from my home country Whatsapped me: "Do they have [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambal|sambal]] over there?"
What? Sambal? To any country, any city I go, I always check out the coffee in restaurants Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Jun 5, 2015
- Mold and SoldNizhniye Tavolgi, December 29th 2014
On the other side of [[http://callmesonja.travellerspoint.com/178/|Sergey's workshop]] was Ludmila's studio for another method of ceramic art. We'll see.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/250384/large_PV031- Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Jun 3, 2015
- Pottery StoryNizhniye Tavolgi, December 29th 2014
80 kilometers away from Yekaterinburg now, here we are in Nizhniye Tavolgi. In Google Maps (English version) it's just Tavolgi. I don't know why. The main and only purpose coming here was to see pottery Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Jun 2, 2015
- To the Intercontinental Border: Asia - EuropeYekaterinburg, December 29th 2014
When I was in Istanbul, I had difficulty figuring out whether I was on the Asian side or on the European side.
But here, I can tell for sure wheth Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Jun 1, 2015
- Gorky's Gone GloryGorky is the old name for [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nizhny_Novgorod|Nizhni Novgorod]] (from 1932-1990) - once home to one of the bigger car manufactory plants from the company [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAZ|GAZ]] in the former USSR. They have a m Posted by boeien in 3 months in Eastern Europe | Jun 1, 2015
- Russia: Final Thoughts Part IIThis is the reason why Russia is the way it is. This is my Poltergeist Theory of Russia.
I won't bore you with a grand history of this country but let's begin with 1989: Communism falls. This is followed by Posted by SB Hermitage in Shelley at the Hermitage | May 31, 2015