- Charismatic Hotels: the "Insel Fehmarn" in Samoa==="What's in a name?"===
Even if this hotel did not meet my usual quality standards, and I stayed in the Tanoa Tusitala instead, while the Aggie Grey's was being refurbished, I found the history of the [[http://www.inselfehmarnsamoa.com|"Insel Fehmarn Posted by LuxuryRogue in Luxury Rogue | Feb 16, 2015
- Samoa - Part 2, SavaiiOur second week in Samoa was to be spent on Savaii, the second of Samoa's two main islands. Our general plan for Savaii was exactly the same as all the other islands we'd been to - circumnavigate the island, with Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Oct 23, 2014
- Samoa - Part 1, UpoluSometimes when you're on the road, you have a crappy journey - our first 24 hours in Samoa was a bit like that. Our flight from Fiji landed at ~2am so we were pretty tired by the time we'd finally Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Oct 15, 2014
- Pago Pago, Samoa [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631888/8531DC282219AC6 Posted by Perrsue in Sue's world | Feb 2, 2014
- Around Upolu in a DayAfter breakfast on my last day in Samoa, I headed to Salelologa to get the ferry back to Upolu. My intention was to head to the airport and rent a car to tour around the island for the day because Posted by karencook in Karen's World Adventures | Jun 21, 2013
- Around Savai'i in a DayI decided to rent a car in order to get around and see more of Savai'i. I got a lift from Richard into Salelologa to get a car. Salelologa is a village district at the east end of Savai'i island Posted by karencook in Karen's World Adventures | Jun 21, 2013
- Pago Pago, American SamoaAn idyllic sunrise show as we approach Pago Pago. The forecast temperatures and the fact that it is a Sunday will preclude us doing anything strenuous ashore today. A quick breakfast after which we watched the docking process Posted by greynomadm in 2013 Polynesia Cruise | Sep 30, 2013
- Sea Day Two En-route to SamoaThe early dawn gave way to a better than expected sunrise. There was a good mixture of light, cloud and the ocean. Routine breakfast and back to the stateroom. I had to call the customer service desk Posted by greynomadm in 2013 Polynesia Cruise | Sep 29, 2013
- Sea Day En-route to SamoaThe ocean is calm and the scattered clouds provided some interesting patterns for the sunrise. A simple breakfast and we spend time in the Crooners Bar to read our Kindles. Jenny heads off to her craft session and I Posted by greynomadm in 2013 Polynesia Cruise | Sep 28, 2013
- Life at LauiulaA FABULOUS/FASCINATING/FUN FACT ABOUT THIS PLACE:
Savaiʻi is the largest (area 1700 km2) and highest (Mt Silisili at 1,858 m) island in Samoa and the Samoa Islands chain. It is also the biggest landmass in Polynesia outside Hawaii and New Posted by karencook in Karen's World Adventures | Jun 21, 2013
- Hello Savai'i :)On the ferry I ran into the super sketchy woman that had approached me in Apia and tried to lure me into her truck. She remembered me and harassed me for awhile, again trying to get me to go with Posted by karencook in Karen's World Adventures | Jun 17, 2013
- Leaving Vaiula :(
I was sad to leave Vaiula, but it had to be done. I had already extended my stay there a couple of times, yes - it's THAT kind of place, and needed to move on so I could see more Posted by karencook in Karen's World Adventures | Jun 19, 2013
- PARADISE FOUND :)A FABULOUS/FASCINATING/FUN FACT ABOUT THIS PLACE:
Located on the south side of Upolu.
HOW EVER DID I GET HERE?
The short story is - I took a taxi.
The long story is - when I was trying to plan my vacation Posted by karencook in Karen's World Adventures | Jun 17, 2013
- Sea Day Six, En-Route to the EquatorUp early to catch the sunrise, the sea is calm and the air heavy with humidity. We are heading in a North-North-Easterly direction and I was initially fooled by the hint of a sunrise which was more towards the Posted by greynomadm in 2013 Polynesia Cruise | Sep 10, 2013
- Apia, SamoaWoke at 0515 to an impressive storm with lots of lightning and heavy rain. By 0615 it had largely blown over but there was lots of heavy black clouds and little hope for a significant sunrise. I spent Posted by greynomadm in 2013 Polynesia Cruise | Sep 9, 2013
- Sea Day Five, En-Route to Apia, SamoaA calm night as the Sea Princess sails on a North-Easterly direction to our next port. This morning's sunrise was interesting without being breathtakingly spectacular. I'm impressed by the fact that the predicted time for the sunrise is spot Posted by greynomadm in 2013 Polynesia Cruise | Sep 8, 2013
A FABULOUS/FASCINATING/FUN FACT ABOUT THIS PLACE:
Apia is the capital of Samoa. It is located on the island of Upolu. I Posted by karencook in Karen's World Adventures | Jun 12, 2013
- Last weekend in SamoaWe’ve put aside this weekend for some souvenir shopping and also so that Steve can get some work done. However we managed to walk up Mt Vai on Saturday in time for the sunset. Robert Louis Stevenson is buried Posted by Yeronga Dudes in Samoa 2013 | Jul 27, 2013
- The working weekThe moon was full again so we hightailed down to the Yacht Club to watch the moon rising (and eat steak and drink wine!).
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/59 Posted by Yeronga Dudes in Samoa 2013 | Jul 26, 2013
- Not much blogging, a little thinkingNot much to blog about this week and no photos. We had a fairly quiet weekend. Breakfast at Pacific Jewell, snorkelling at Palolo Deep Marine Reserve just on the edge of Apia and a visit to a Vanya's Posted by Yeronga Dudes in Samoa 2013 | Jul 18, 2013
- Lupe SinaHad a very indulgent weekend at the Lupesina treehouse. It was a Magic Faraway Tree, Swiss Family Robinson, Robinson Crusoe experience (or being in the arms of an Ent from Lord of the Rings).
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/596678/large_2013072 Posted by Yeronga Dudes in Samoa 2013 | Jul 20, 2013
- Who let the dogs out?We had a lovely Sunday. The weather was much better - mostly sunny with some cloudy periods.
We drove to the south side of Upolu to visit the To Sua Ocean Trench (Steve hadn't been Posted by Yeronga Dudes in Samoa 2013 | Jul 7, 2013
- A rainy Saturday in ApiaSaturday started with lightening and thunder and rain, quite a lot of rain. We'd planned to have breakfast, visit the Robert Louis Stevenson House (s, walk up a mountain to see a crater lake and then, if we Posted by Yeronga Dudes in Samoa 2013 | Jul 6, 2013
- The MundaneIt is funny how sometimes the very ordinary things make a difference. Today I managed to buy flat pillows and a bulb of garlic. Very exciting.
We have seen garlic for sale but in bags of about 20 bulbs. Posted by Yeronga Dudes in Samoa 2013 | Jul 3, 2013
- More weekend adventuresWe discovered over breakfast that Steve had made one of the local papers - page 6!
After fantas Posted by Yeronga Dudes in Samoa 2013 | Jun 29, 2013