- Coire ArdairDay 1
Out the door about 10:30 this morning after 3 hours of running around the house (plus a trip to the supermarket to buy something for lunch).
I’m on my way to Eigg. It’s one of the Small Isles, Posted by IainT in Here, and Sometimes There | Mar 26, 2017
- Lunch at Boswell House/Family DinnerThis morning I drove down to Ayr to Gordon and Maureen's. I had to return the car today and they followed me to Enterprise in Ayr. We then drove to Boswell House and had a wonderful lunch. I had been Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 11, 2017
- Silverburn with MaureenToday I drove down to Ayr to meet Maureen. Got to visit for a few minutes with her daughter Lauren. She is teaching dance now all over Ayrshire and she is darling. It was fun seeing you Lauren and when Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 7, 2017
- Dunure Castle and Dinner at the BorthwicksThis morning Audrey and her twin sister came over to John and Betty's. I had never met Audrey's sister yet. She had her new grandson with her and he was darling. I gave Audrey her birthday present and we all Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 7, 2017
- Dumfries and a Fish Supper to RememberThis morning Gordon and Margaret picked me up and we went to Dumfries. Margaret and I walked around all day and had a great time. Margaret treated me to lunch and it was wonderful. We talked for hours and it Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 7, 2017
- Dinner at Failford InnThis morning, I drove up to the Factory Store near John and Betty's house. The wi fi I had purchased was no longer working. I went to the Cafe and wrote the rest of my blog. Then Bettty and I Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 5, 2017
- Dumfries House and SilverburnJohn, Betty and I left this morning for Dumfries House in Cumnock, Ayrshire. Before we left the house John told Betty and I to make sure we had not left any underwear hanging around. They are getting some windows redone Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 4, 2017
- Visiting Donald (this is always an adventure)This morning when I got up I informed Betty that I would not be home for dinner. I was going to have dinner at Gordon and Margarets. She went into the kitchen and I could hear her telling John that Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 3, 2017
- Burns Monument in Alloway, ScotlandThis morning Gordon picked up John, Betty and myself and we set off to experience a little bit of Scottish History. We drove to Alloway to visit the birthplace of Robert Burns. For those of you who need a refresher Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 2, 2017
- VerdantA wee trip close to home last week - north to Dundee.
The country (UK, not just Scotland) was in the grip of Storm Doris, but all it did around here was dump a bit of wet snow on higher Posted by IainT in Here, and Sometimes There | Mar 2, 2017
- CumnockThis morning I left the house and walked down the street to Gary and Audrey's house. I need to work on my blog and Iain's parents do not have internet at their house. Audrey had her grandkids with her and Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 1, 2017
- Cumnock Here I Come!We woke up at 4:00am, ate breakfast at 4:30am and left for the airport at 5:00am. We got a ride to the airport from the hotel staff. We had a wonderful calm, (no turbulence) flight from Keflavik to Edinburgh. That Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 1, 2017
- Isle of RumRum is a round island reaching out of the Sea of the Hebrides with a crown of jagged peaks. Long the private reserve of the Bullough family, wealthy Lancashire industrialists in Edwardian times who kept visitors off, it's now owned Posted by Andyf in Andy's Travels | Feb 21, 2017
- Isle of SkyeSkye is the largest of the Inner Hebrides, home to the most dramatic mountains on the islands.
Size: 639 square miles
Ferry: bridge, and CalMac ferry from Mallaig to Armadale on the Sleat peninsula
Accommodatio Posted by Andyf in Andy's Travels | Feb 20, 2017
- The Isle of EiggAs you approach Eigg by ferry, the view is dominated by the pitchstone stump of the Sgurr reaching for the sky. A remarkable island.
The chief island of the four Small Isles in the Inner [[http://andystravels.travellerspoint.com/8/|Hebrides]], Eigg has Posted by Andyf in Andy's Travels | Feb 20, 2017
- The HebridesThe west coast of Scotland is littered with islands, over 50 of them inhabited. This guide sets out to show you how to visit them.
They split into two main groups - the Outer Hebrides, and the Inner Hebrides. The Outer Posted by Andyf in Andy's Travels | Feb 20, 2017
- LockerbieI had my first business trip of 2017 today. It was to Lockerbie, in the Scottish Borders.
Having made that journey by car many times, and once by train, I opted for th Posted by IainT in Here, and Sometimes There | Jan 19, 2017
- Ah, January...Not much to get excited about on the travel front in January. Time to make plans for the rest of the year, mind you.
I have one trip booked already. At the end of March I’m off to Eigg for Posted by IainT in Here, and Sometimes There | Jan 14, 2017
- Land of ScotsFrom London we caught the train up to the Scottish Borders where friend and latest tour guide Esme picked us up and took us to her gorgeous wee stone house in the woods. We had a cosy sleep up in Posted by stomich in Can Kiwis Fly? | Dec 9, 2016
- Farewell ScotlandThe wind picked up on Friday, and swept us away from Skye. We drove back across the island (filling up the car with suprisingly cheap petrol in Broadford), crossed the Skye bridge and headed south. We stopped at Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Nov 17, 2016
- Weltons, Grahams, and a CarmichaelHaving returned to Knowle, the first order of the day was a return trip to the Ricoh Arena to see if the Sky Blues could continue their winning/drawing ways. Yep, they'd had quite a run of success since the match Posted by apostrophewoman in Oh My Giddy Aunt | Nov 14, 2016
- #viewsfordaysWe departed Kirrie on Monday morning, and Jude even had the decency to look somewhat disappointed that we were leaving. And so began an absolutely breathtakingly beautiful roadtrip - which started with Popmaster, as all good roadtrips should. Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Nov 10, 2016
- In Angus with AngusMonday started with a morning walk with Jude, and almost as soon as we had stepped out of the house we spotted a skeleton walking along, checking her phone. Ah yes, Halloween. I'd almost forgotten.
We trundled off St Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Nov 6, 2016
- The Kirriemuir KeilidhOur adventures in Scotland continued on Thursday with a wee trip down to Dunfermline. After enjoying the Popmaster quiz on BBC2 and escaping the clutches of a particularly vicious Tesco carpark, we made it to Jim and Hazel's pace. Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Oct 30, 2016
- Hey JudeFrom Bamburgh, we headed north once more and got properly Scottish this time, driving through the beautiful border towns and arriving at Kirriemuir, our home for the next fortnight. Scotland scored five stars for its autumnal colours and bonnie Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Oct 26, 2016