- HoboingDribble dribble dribble, and so the days drip away. But like a steady drip the time accumulates, a whole puddle of it somehow passed. Even yesterday, which felt so long, has somehow gone. In the morning we were still in Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 31, 2013
- Ordinary LifeI've given up writing about traveling altogether, see; it's just an ordinary part of life now. Set up the tent, throw everything into it, walk around for a few days, uproot, repeat. Meet some people, or not. Exchange smiles with Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 29, 2013
- Day 8: A Cross-Country Drive and Crossing to ScotlandFrom what I recall of the morning of Day 8 – and do forgive me, as I must admit I’m now writing these posts from the distance of slightly over a week ahead! (the blog must be completed) – I Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Jan 15, 2014
- Scotland. It really is lovely in Summer
Way back at the start of our travels, we embarked on a [[http://ladiesofleisure.travellerspoint.com/9/|four-day boat trip]] through Southern Chile’s fjords. Amongst our fellow passengers Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Jan 4, 2014
- Island Hopping, Scottish style
One can develop very strong escape fantasises when you have been in a confined space for a period of time. For weeks I'd dreamt about jumping into my ten year old Honda Civic (1.4 l Dies Posted by noratheexplorer in Nora The Explorer | Dec 22, 2013
- A Wee Trip To Scotland
'Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful''
- Joshua J. Marine
Somewhere between place and time, day and night… OK somewhere between Edinburgh and Newcastle, I Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Dec 22, 2013
- Music Makes The World Go Round
'==Where Words Fail, Music Speaks== Hans Christian Anderson'
Music is a way of life. It shapes your moods and thoughts, opens your mind and lets your imagination run wild.
Since being abroad, my ipod has been my best friend, provi Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Dec 17, 2013
- The NorthEdinburgh, Scotland – tartan, cashmere, castles and bagpipes. We arrived in Edinburgh late in the afternoon. Feeling exhausted after a long drive which took us through the Lakes District of England and up through Ayr before coming across to Edinburgh. Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Dec 14, 2013
- NorthwardThis, too, shall end? I cannot help but think this transience is slowly degenerating me. Not only does nothing seem permanent, but nothing seems worth making permanent anymore, human attachments included. And so the cynicism spreads. But it hasn't the Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 26, 2013
- Walking in ScotlandWalking all day. In Scotland it truly feels like walking, not hiking. Even the highlands are not so very high. Orkney is another end-of-the-world kind of place. Everything eternally grey, the sun forgotten how to shine. Heather everywhere. The famo Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 24, 2013
- ApartWhat, the sun come out again? I could sleep and sleep and sleep, though it seems I should have had my fill.
All of our friends seem distant to me now, less real than characters from a book. And I the Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 22, 2013
- Three DutchmenWell, I don't want to write, being sleepy, but if I don't Chris will ridicule me, and I suppose he'd be right to do so.
Three Dutchmen kept me up all last night with their noisy motorcycle entrance and burping and Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 18, 2013
- Scotland TourWe just got back to Glasgow after spending a week exploring scotland. We caught the train over to Edinburgh (all the way across scotland in about an hour) and spent the night there. Got to check out the Castle and Posted by NickandJo in Nick and Jo Europe 2013 | Dec 8, 2013
- Back to reality
By the time it gets to midsummer it is cold, wet and miserable again.
Midsummer in the Northern hemisphere; the summer solstice, the time of the longest days and shortest nights, fo Posted by noratheexplorer in Nora The Explorer | Dec 2, 2013
- Scotish WeddingHeaded out to the countryside to Alison and Ians wedding on an estate. There was bagpipes! Posted by NickandJo in Nick and Jo Europe 2013 | Nov 29, 2013
And suddenly, out of nowhere, summer arrives. Glorious wide blue skies, a big round yellow sun, heat like I didn't think was possible on an island. The colours and Posted by noratheexplorer in Nora The Explorer | Nov 29, 2013
- And now for a proper adventure
It's May 5th and supposedly late spring in the British Isles. It's totally miserable; freezing cold, blowing a gale and lashing rain, as it has done since I retur Posted by noratheexplorer in Nora The Explorer | Nov 28, 2013
- Views from a busIt was a very late night last night with Kona - Aussies were successful - Men's Pro second place with Luke McKenzie being overrun towards the end - Mirinda ran beautifully to finish strong for the Women's Pro win. With Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Oct 13, 2013
- Wandering around townHad a chat with the owner of our B&B this morning - what a co-incidence - David has just discovered triathlons - so we had a good chat and I'll be sharing a few of my hints with him.
We chose Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Oct 12, 2013
- Our last moveAfter our night looking after our country manor, we went down to the huge dining room, with one table set at the window with long white tablecloths - our breakfast table - the chef in the kitchen - just for Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Oct 11, 2013
- Welcome to the Barron castleWe left Oban and our lovely hosts, Mike and Maureen on (you guessed it) a beautiful sunny morning! We were hoping we weren't taking the rain with us - and we were right - we had a glorious day to Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Oct 10, 2013
- Round tripWe picked a round trip for our last day in Oban - south to Kilmartin around the bottom of the Argyll shire area, then followed the Loch (can't remember which one) north to Inverary then back around the top to Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Oct 9, 2013
- Discovering ObanAnother slow paced day today - there was not enough interest in a boat ride, so they weren't running any today and the weather wasn't forecast to be too good tomorrow, so they weren't running any tomorrow either, so foot Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Oct 8, 2013
- Indoor day todayToday is the first day for three weeks when the weather has prevented us from doing as we planned - Scottish mist that was a bit too heavy to allow us to do the planned walks today - but it Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Oct 7, 2013
- Back on the mainlandWe headed off early-ish from our hotel this morning, as we wanted to fit a castle visit in before our ferry ride. On the south side of Skye was the Clan Donald estate, which was 20,000 acres and included the Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Oct 6, 2013