- Ah, January...Not much to get excited about on the travel front in January. Time to make plans for the rest of the year, mind you.
I have one trip booked already. At the end of March I’m off to Eigg for Posted by IainT in Here, and Sometimes There | Jan 14, 2017
- Land of ScotsFrom London we caught the train up to the Scottish Borders where friend and latest tour guide Esme picked us up and took us to her gorgeous wee stone house in the woods. We had a cosy sleep up in Posted by stomich in Can Kiwis Fly? | Dec 9, 2016
- Farewell ScotlandThe wind picked up on Friday, and swept us away from Skye. We drove back across the island (filling up the car with suprisingly cheap petrol in Broadford), crossed the Skye bridge and headed south. We stopped at Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Nov 17, 2016
- Weltons, Grahams, and a CarmichaelHaving returned to Knowle, the first order of the day was a return trip to the Ricoh Arena to see if the Sky Blues could continue their winning/drawing ways. Yep, they'd had quite a run of success since the match Posted by apostrophewoman in Oh My Giddy Aunt | Nov 14, 2016
- #viewsfordaysWe departed Kirrie on Monday morning, and Jude even had the decency to look somewhat disappointed that we were leaving. And so began an absolutely breathtakingly beautiful roadtrip - which started with Popmaster, as all good roadtrips should. Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Nov 10, 2016
- In Angus with AngusMonday started with a morning walk with Jude, and almost as soon as we had stepped out of the house we spotted a skeleton walking along, checking her phone. Ah yes, Halloween. I'd almost forgotten.
We trundled off St Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Nov 6, 2016
- The Kirriemuir KeilidhOur adventures in Scotland continued on Thursday with a wee trip down to Dunfermline. After enjoying the Popmaster quiz on BBC2 and escaping the clutches of a particularly vicious Tesco carpark, we made it to Jim and Hazel's pace. Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Oct 30, 2016
- Hey JudeFrom Bamburgh, we headed north once more and got properly Scottish this time, driving through the beautiful border towns and arriving at Kirriemuir, our home for the next fortnight. Scotland scored five stars for its autumnal colours and bonnie Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Oct 26, 2016
- Scotland - A Whisky ExperienceWe had an early start for us! Up at 5.00am to catch the ferry from Kennacraig to Port Ellen on the Isle of Islay at 7am. It was a peaceful two hour sailing on a misty calm morning. The sea Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Oct 23, 2016
- Scotland - A Coastline of LighthousesWe travelled on to Inverness via Lossiemouth and a quick trip into the Cairngorms National Park, taking us up the Spey River Valley and on to Aviemore on the northeast edge of the park. The Cairngorms is the largest national Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Oct 11, 2016
- Scotland - A Journey of DiscoveryAs we reflect on and write of our journey and experiences through Scotland we feel three themes have emerged. The first being that this was a journey of discovery; one which led us to make very strong connections with our Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Oct 8, 2016
- Cathedral and chapelSo the ferry crossing itself was uneventful. I wish the same could be said for my attempt to get from St Margaret's Hope to Kirkwall (all 14 miles of it) without a) crashing, b) falling asleep, or c) ripping the Posted by apostrophewoman in Oh My Giddy Aunt | Sep 19, 2016
- 5000 years in an afternoonI need to start this post by saying there will come a point where I will be expressing smugness. This will involve smugness of the highest order, smugness that may lead me to be called Smuggy McSmuggerson of Smugtown. You'll Posted by apostrophewoman in Oh My Giddy Aunt | Sep 20, 2016
- Mainly about leaving Mainland for the mainlandI decided to take a circuitous route to Stromness, my point of departure from the treasure that is Orkney. No point in rushing, as I couldn't board the ferry for my overnight accommodation until 9 Posted by apostrophewoman in Oh My Giddy Aunt | Sep 21, 2016
- Relaxing in Scotland with Friends and Video GamesThe past week in Edinburgh was truly amazing and quite relaxing – just what I needed at this point in the trip.
I had to get up early on the morning of 12 September in order to catch my flight; I Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Sep 19, 2016
- Hull, Leeds and Edinburgh We both enjoyed a restful night on the P&O Ferry and were up and ready to catch a glimpse of 'Old Blighty' as we approached the Port of Hull. We were treated to a warm and sunny arrival into Hull Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Sep 13, 2016
- And Then There Were Standing StonesSeptember 7th
After leaving Inverness we headed up to the Balnuaran Cairns, a site dating back to around 2,000 BC. It has some burial mounds (cairns) and outer "kerbs" or stone rings around them. It was a cloudy day. The road Posted by KTompkins in Scotland 2.0 | Sep 8, 2016
- Strange Spectacle on Loch NessAfter a pretty uneventful flight, the crew and I landed in Edinburgh.
We sweatily walked to the rental car station, where I made the executive decision to move from a standard sedan to a bus-like, yet thinner, automobile. Posted by KTompkins in Scotland 2.0 | Sep 6, 2016
- Round 3, Here We Go
I’m here in Toronto, sleep deprived, but excited nonetheless until my plane leaves for St. Andrews where I’ll start my third year (yikes). It’s been a fantastic summer. In fact, I don’t think it could have been better Posted by PeterMyer in University of St Andrews & WM | Sep 6, 2016
- Day 42 Edinburgh, Scotland – Dublin - Drogheda, IrelandThe day started brilliantly – Edinburgh with blue skies. We made ready for our flight to Ireland, quite a challenge. Luckily I had paid extra to have 25 kilograms of luggage each as we were flying with Aer Lingus. When Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 24, 2016
- Day 40 & 41 Edinburgh, ScotlandIt didn’t take us long to pack the bags in Glasgow, get our car brought up and be on route to Edinburgh. The trip was uneventful. We set Suri to take us to the town centre so that we could Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 23, 2016
- Day 39 Glasgow, ScotlandGlasgow … it was not on the itinerary and unfortunately we added it. When we drove in last night, it felt and looked like the bad end of King’s Cross in Sydney. We had a late night watching the Olympics Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 21, 2016
- Day 38 Luib – Campbeltown - Glasgow, ScotlandThere have been many stays in our journey that have been great, some not so great. When we were driving to Luib Friday night I was quite stressed about the whole idea. As it turned out, our stay at Hotel Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 21, 2016
- Day 37 Invergarry - Luib, ScotlandToday was one of those days we should have stayed in bed. My beautiful breakfast was spoiled because the chef overcooked my bacon. I couldn’t cut it let alone eat it. The boss lady said I should have said something Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 20, 2016
- Day 36 A Day on Skye, ScotlandBelieve it or not, it was so hot in our room last night. The traffic noise started quite early this morning. When we did get up, the glen was full of cloud. The hotel owner said that it usually dissolves Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 18, 2016