- Mainly about leaving Mainland for the mainlandI decided to take a circuitous route to Stromness, my point of departure from the treasure that is Orkney. No point in rushing, as I couldn't board the ferry for my overnight accommodation until 9 Posted by apostrophewoman in Oh My Giddy Aunt | Sep 25, 2016
- Relaxing in Scotland with Friends and Video GamesThe past week in Edinburgh was truly amazing and quite relaxing – just what I needed at this point in the trip.
I had to get up early on the morning of 12 September in order to catch my flight; I Posted by Glichez in World Tour 2016 | Sep 19, 2016
- Hull, Leeds and Edinburgh We both enjoyed a restful night on the P&O Ferry and were up and ready to catch a glimpse of 'Old Blighty' as we approached the Port of Hull. We were treated to a warm and sunny arrival into Hull Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Sep 13, 2016
- And Then There Were Standing StonesSeptember 7th
After leaving Inverness we headed up to the Balnuaran Cairns, a site dating back to around 2,000 BC. It has some burial mounds (cairns) and outer "kerbs" or stone rings around them. It was a cloudy day. The road Posted by KTompkins in Scotland 2.0 | Sep 8, 2016
- Strange Spectacle on Loch NessAfter a pretty uneventful flight, the crew and I landed in Edinburgh.
We sweatily walked to the rental car station, where I made the executive decision to move from a standard sedan to a bus-like, yet thinner, automobile. Posted by KTompkins in Scotland 2.0 | Sep 6, 2016
- Round 3, Here We Go
I’m here in Toronto, sleep deprived, but excited nonetheless until my plane leaves for St. Andrews where I’ll start my third year (yikes). It’s been a fantastic summer. In fact, I don’t think it could have been better Posted by PeterMyer in University of St Andrews & WM | Sep 6, 2016
- Day 42 Edinburgh, Scotland – Dublin - Drogheda, IrelandThe day started brilliantly – Edinburgh with blue skies. We made ready for our flight to Ireland, quite a challenge. Luckily I had paid extra to have 25 kilograms of luggage each as we were flying with Aer Lingus. When Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 24, 2016
- Day 40 & 41 Edinburgh, ScotlandIt didn’t take us long to pack the bags in Glasgow, get our car brought up and be on route to Edinburgh. The trip was uneventful. We set Suri to take us to the town centre so that we could Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 23, 2016
- Day 39 Glasgow, ScotlandGlasgow … it was not on the itinerary and unfortunately we added it. When we drove in last night, it felt and looked like the bad end of King’s Cross in Sydney. We had a late night watching the Olympics Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 21, 2016
- Day 38 Luib – Campbeltown - Glasgow, ScotlandThere have been many stays in our journey that have been great, some not so great. When we were driving to Luib Friday night I was quite stressed about the whole idea. As it turned out, our stay at Hotel Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 21, 2016
- Day 37 Invergarry - Luib, ScotlandToday was one of those days we should have stayed in bed. My beautiful breakfast was spoiled because the chef overcooked my bacon. I couldn’t cut it let alone eat it. The boss lady said I should have said something Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 20, 2016
- Day 36 A Day on Skye, ScotlandBelieve it or not, it was so hot in our room last night. The traffic noise started quite early this morning. When we did get up, the glen was full of cloud. The hotel owner said that it usually dissolves Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 18, 2016
- Day 35 John O’Groats - Invergarry, ScotlandReluctantly, we packed up our unit at John O’Groats. Washing was done once again. Not sure if some of our clothes will ever fit us as we couldn’t stop the darn thing the first night and it must have dried Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 17, 2016
- Day 34 Orkney, ScotlandTuesday, 16 August 2016… What a great place to wake up. No creaking floors, no slamming doors and a bed that doesn’t cripple you. The sun was shining brightly very early. I must have forgotten how to make toast as Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 17, 2016
- Day 33 John O’Groats, ScotlandIt’s sad sometimes to leave hotels, especially the ones that don’t have threadbare carpet and don’t have a rumbling chimney outside your window. Even though we only had one night at Dornock, it was a memorable stay with a game Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 15, 2016
- Day 32 Dornoch, ScotlandAfter being woken at 5.24 with the blower from the kitchen, the day looked to be off to a bad start. Breakfast was ok and we were packed and on our way as soon as possible. We saw a sign Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 14, 2016
- Day 31 Nairn, ScotlandScotland is an amazing place. Yesterday we had fifty miles an hour winds blowing us backwards on the golf course. This morning, we looked outside our bedroom window at the Fairmont and the view was just unbelievable – clear blue Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 13, 2016
- Day 30 St. Andrews, ScotlandToday was one of those days when you just can’t believe how luck can come your way. Thirty-eight years married today as well. I timed out stay here at St Andrews to celebrate this special occasion.
Our day started quite early Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 12, 2016
- Day 29 St. Andrews, ScotlandFinding accommodation on this trip has been difficult due to school holidays. Everywhere we go, things are booked out. We managed to phone and secure a bed and breakfast yesterday morning. The room was spacious, breakfast was good and the Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 11, 2016
- Day 28 Stirling, ScotlandWe have to say that this hotel we moved to was great – Piersland Hotel. We enjoyed the Marine as well but this one was very relaxing and spacious. We had our own little cabin which would be great if Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 10, 2016
- Day 27 Troon, ScotlandAfter a restless night, we managed to get ourselves up for breakfast. I think we watched the Olympics for too long!! Thought I would try some haggis with breakfast but it looked like doggy do so didn’t have too much.
We Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 10, 2016
- Day 26 Troon, ScotlandWe’re in Scotland and we are a bit ahead of schedule but you can only look at so many castles, cathedrals and ruins.
Believe it or not, the sun was shining on Lake Windemere this morning so we dashed to the Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 8, 2016
- Good times in GlasgowHello again Glasgow! We met Elaine and John at our apartment for the night, and managed to fit in a quick load of washing before heading out to Jinty's. Because it's nice to have clean clothes to wear Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Aug 3, 2016
- Hunting for Nessie at the LochKevin and I met up by his old apartment at 10 and headed out of town. Our original plan had been to go to St Andrews, then visit a castle and a whiskey distillery. Kevin suggested a new Posted by Glichez in Europe 2016 | Mar 14, 2016
- PENSWE!Today I finally got to see Kevin after five years!! I felt such excitement when I got off the plane in Edinburgh, knowing that we'd be hanging out soon. The last time I saw him was at Rock Posted by Glichez in Europe 2016 | Mar 13, 2016