- Nimrods, Setters, Dancing and TossingThe Highland Games season has started and Moo and I were there to see it in. The first games today were at Gordon Castle at Fochabers about 1.5 hours NW of Peterculter.
Set in lovely castle grounds and mud (it Posted by joreilly in The Wapstra's in Scotland | May 19, 2013
- Well PlaidFrom Oban,
with one of us pessimistically and unnecessarily doped up with sea-sickness tablets, we embarked on a perfectly smo Posted by sandjharvey in Our Gap Year | May 18, 2013
- Moo saw a Moose!We all did. Well it wasn’t a difficult task really. The moose wondered through the back yard after feeding behind Mats and Lollos house for a little while. Then it traipsed through the front yard on its way to the Posted by joreilly in The Wapstra's in Scotland | May 16, 2013
- Mulling it OverWe were last heard from taking the high road into Scotland but what we omitted to say was that we ended up not far from the "Bonnie, Bonnie banks of Loch Lomond". We saw these in misty rainy conditions, and Posted by sandjharvey in Our Gap Year | May 10, 2013
- The best icecream EVER
Well, we have just had 3 days in a row of 20° C. Fantastic. “A bit hot” says Moo. We have had lots of sunshine since we have been here, but it has been cool. However, the weather has certainly Posted by joreilly in The Wapstra's in Scotland | May 7, 2013
- Edinburgh Day 2 - Rosslyn ChapelWe took the bus 15A at a stop not far from the Scott Monument on Princess St. We bought a Day Pass for £3.50 (the adult single bus fare for Roslyn is £1.50. We may as well buy the Day Posted by FrancisQ in RamBLer WithOUT BorDers | Apr 21, 2013
- Edinburgh Wins by a Royal Mile[float=left][/float]We left the higher latitudes (around 58 degrees) to head to the cultural and political capital of Scotland, Edinburgh. As we headed south a Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | May 2, 2013
- Meall a' Bhuachaille Route: The All Weather Trail[float=left][/float]Today we went for yet another hike in Cairngorms National Park, this one was in Glenmore Forest Park. The walk its Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | May 1, 2013
- Will, Rob and Stirling – the centre of Scotland.
We spent the weekend down at Stirling learning all about why this place plays such an important part in Scotland’s history. At the heart of it is a big castle, a bridge, a few battlefields and two characters called William Posted by joreilly in The Wapstra's in Scotland | Apr 30, 2013
- The Divine Bovine[float=left][/float] My main goal today was not to find the sustenance that would assuage my particular current food cravings, although that was acc Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 30, 2013
- Glencoe[float=left][/float]We didn't do a whole lot today besides travel. It was going to be a five hour drive, and we headed out early in order to get to our destination Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 30, 2013
- Staying HomeToday we decided to have a stay home day, one of the reasons being we didn't get up until about 9:30. We were all up for the idea as we felt we had done some exploring and outdoorsy things the Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 28, 2013
- The Highlands and the Lowlands[float=left][/float]Having been in Dublin for four days and another two in Blackpool, we were yearning for a foray into more n Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 27, 2013
- Lake District Detour[float=left][/float]We left Blackpool in the sun, eager to move on to new haunts. We had some time before we needed to check into our first Scottish accommoda Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 26, 2013
- Answers to questions
It looks like I need to answer some of your questions
1) Neeps are swedes (the vegetable, not the country folk from Sweden)
2) Our apartment is nice and warm - although the heating is not needed as much now that the Posted by joreilly in The Wapstra's in Scotland | Apr 23, 2013
How to buy a whisky
Also from Erik
The Scots love their whisky. It is so much part of their recent history (since about the 1800’s) and culture – when you drive around the harsh landscape with the cold damp conditions, Posted by joreilly in The Wapstra's in Scotland | Apr 21, 2013
- A feast of ScotlandA feast of Scotland
Before we left, we were determined to embrace as much of Scottish culture as possible- this has involved some castles and history (including watching Braveheart on BBC last night) but also the food and drink culture. Posted by joreilly in The Wapstra's in Scotland | Apr 21, 2013
- What family are you from?
Quote of the week from Evie, 5 years old.
We met Evie while waiting to go into school one morning this week. She is in Madeleine’s class. I asked her name. She said “I’m from the McLeod family, Evie McLeod. What Posted by joreilly in The Wapstra's in Scotland | Apr 20, 2013
- Moo's first day at Culter Primary School
My teacher is called Miss Murray. I’ve made some good friends. I felt nervous on my first day with butterflies in my tummy. I’m in P1 M. I did very well and I gave out fury friend chocolates to Posted by joreilly in The Wapstra's in Scotland | Apr 15, 2013
- The beavers say 'Dam it'We drove down to SW Scotland (Cairnbaan on the Crinin Canal near Lochgilphead) to see the beaver re-introduction program.
We were down there for four nights. Two work colleagues Dave and Sheila were there for the week measuring trees to Posted by joreilly in The Wapstra's in Scotland | Apr 14, 2013
- Cheese, cheese, cheese
We have found the most amazing Scottish cheeses. Blue cheese, cheddar cheese, soft cheese, raw milk cheese….everything you can think of. And, it’s delicious. It’s a good thing Madeleine has outgrown her dairy allergy. Our latest finds were at the Posted by joreilly in The Wapstra's in Scotland | Apr 6, 2013
- initial entryWelcome everybody - soon our travel officially starts so see how it goes. For now the good bye time...
Witamy - niebawem nasza podroz sie oficjalnie rozpocznie. A poki co - pozegnania czas...
!Bienvenido! Posted by joxa in j&x travels | Apr 3, 2013
- It's red and goes fastWe bought a sled!
I'll let the photos do the talking.
[img=http:// Posted by joreilly in The Wapstra's in Scotland | Apr 1, 2013
- Snow, snow, snowHello all
It’s a third of the way through spring but someone forgot to tell Scotland. Lucky for us - as it is absolutely beautiful.
As we were flying into Aberdeen the countryside was pure white and it was snowing Posted by joreilly in The Wapstra's in Scotland | Mar 31, 2013
- Over the sea to ScotlandAnother satisfying breakfast and a quick goodbye and it was off up the road to Larne nice and early to avoid the rush hour traffic. Naturally, a few photos had to be taken en route, so here's the 'new' Toome Posted by tiderace in Northern Ireland; March 2013 | Mar 15, 2013