15th Oct to 19th Oct: As we had planned, our next destination was to head to Scotland beginning with the capital, Edinburgh. After a bit of a sleep in, we packed our gear in our hostel in Winder Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Dec 15, 2014
- Eccelfechan, Peebles and EdinburghFirst task today is a photo shoot of the cottage – so well presented and so warm and inviting. Ecclefechan is a small village off the M6 south of Glasgow and Edinburgh and very handy to all points across Scotland. Posted by BioC12 in Biocultural 26/7 | Dec 7, 2014
- We Set Our Sights On ScotlandLynn and I both love waking up to the soft morning light here - unlike the very bright morning light of Australian mornings. There is not a sound until about 8.30 when the odd car goes past the house. You Posted by BioC12 in Biocultural 26/7 | Dec 6, 2014
- Still Warmer than AtlantaEverything is still beautiful here in St. Andrews. Raisin Sunday was a blast and my picture from the foam fight made it into the New York Times (see below). So these are all thing things I had to get for Posted by PeterMyer in Freshman Year - University of St Andrews | Nov 24, 2014
- Islay - Whisky and WindI was very excited about this trip for two reasons. Firstly I was going to see my best friend, Helen (and her husband, David) and secondly, this visit had been booked for months.
Craig and I drove (he drove, I Posted by TwoScots Abroad in Bonnie Scotland | Oct 22, 2014
- Busy Busy BusyGood afternoon everybody :)
I hope you are all doing well. Right off the bat, one of the things I want to say is that there are so many people here who have a wonderful intellectual curiosity - it's contagious and Posted by PeterMyer in Freshman Year - University of St Andrews | Oct 18, 2014
- Orkney, Wick, Fort William, Mallaig, Loch Lomond, DumbartonI'm sitting on the Jacobite Train in Mallaig waiting to depart for Fort William. Took some beautiful pictures of the isles of Eigg, Rum and Skye. Wandered around this tiny, little town a bit, had Cullen Skink for lunch. I'll Posted by DawnaL in From Reading to Reality | Oct 12, 2014
- Edinburgh Castle & Holyroodhouse PalaceWe walked up the Royal Mile to Edinburgh Castle. The view was amazing! The weather was overcast, but the rain held out - only had some sprinkles.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/712942/I Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 9, 2014
- Site along the Royal Mile
Storm Trooper in a kilt!!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/712942/IMG Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 7, 2014
- Beam me up, Scotty!We dragged our luggage (condense down a bit but still very heavy) for 35 minutes on our walk to the train station and rode for 4 hours to Edinburgh, Scotland this morning. Arriving around 12:30pm, we dropped our stuff at Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 7, 2014
- Orkney or Bust! Lorri is awake and up before the ass crack of dawn. She is feeling better. We packed and showered last night so just have to vacate the room as quietly as possible so as not to wake the 2 French Posted by DawnaL in From Reading to Reality | Oct 6, 2014
- Edinburgh 3
The [[http://www.lighthousehostel.co.uk/cheap-places-to-stay-in-edinburgh.html|Light House Hostel]] is really nice. The other girls in our room are from France and didn't notice the CPAP or Lorri snoring. Breakfast is included as are towels, bedding, Posted by DawnaL in From Reading to Reality | Oct 6, 2014
- Edinburgh 2Nice to sleep in a bit and not have to worry about getting our luggage in the hall before 730, not having to eat breakfast before you're really ready, no-one else to worry about but us. Check out of The Posted by DawnaL in From Reading to Reality | Oct 5, 2014
- EdinburghThat's what Allie said when I was still trip planning and it is. Lorri and I had lunch in [[http://www.elephanthouse.biz|Elephant House]] overlooking [[http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greyfriars_Kirkyard|Greyfriar's Kirkyard]] where J. K. Rowling started w Posted by DawnaL in From Reading to Reality | Oct 4, 2014
- Celtic JourneysWe met the group this past Sunday. Here it is Wednesday already. We spent the last 2 nights at Culloden House just outside Inverness. This is where Bonnie Prince Charlie spent the night before the Battle of Culloden. We've seen Posted by DawnaL in From Reading to Reality | Oct 1, 2014
- Ladies of Lallybroch International GatheringI've now met women who are more fanatical about Diana Gabaldon's Outlander book series than I am. Hard to believe but it's true!
We met the group at Inverness Castle in front of Flora MacDonald around 9 Saturday morning. Margi's husband, Posted by DawnaL in From Reading to Reality | Oct 1, 2014
- Life is GoodIt's been a busy two weeks... let's just start with that. First of all, I love being an international student. I love everything about it, from talking about different cultures, to trying haggis (it's gross, but it tastes like stuffing), Posted by PeterMyer in Freshman Year - University of St Andrews | Sep 28, 2014
- Planes,Trains and Automobiles and a busUp at 4am and on the road with Svava Petursdottir, our [[http://www.couchsurfing.org/profile.html?id=10BT46WA|Couchsurfing]] host. Our flight leaves at 730 for Glasgow. Check-in was a breeze as airport services took charge and had us to the front of every Posted by DawnaL in From Reading to Reality | Sep 28, 2014
- EdinburghHair cut in the morning then off to meet more relos. Terry, Rina McClusky and Alec Dunlop. I am feeling a bit average. But gotta get back on the horse. Alec and Terry love a beer. Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 25, 2014
- Edinburgh Paul's 70th lunch today. Duddingston golf club. It's a good looking course. Very envious of the blokes teeing off. Perfect day for golf, sunny and no wind.
We had a good lunch. Too much food and drink. Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 22, 2014
- EdinburghRest day today. Aiming for an AFD. It's been nearly 4 weeks since last one. Pulled up a bit fragile. I think it may be the water.
We slept in and had late breakfast. It's a beautiful Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 20, 2014
- Edinburgh[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700609/C5B6E0E491B86295D442C86EBD782115.jpg Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 20, 2014
- EdinburghWe caught up with Sandy's cousin Julie and her husband Stephen today. They took us for a drive to Peebles and a walk along the river Tweed. Lovely spot. They are keen walkers and we need the exercise. It's Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 19, 2014
- EdinburghWe walked into the city, overcast but dry. Sandy took pictures, similar ones to last time I think. We found the pub that televises the AFL. They weren't open at 11am. We are hoping they are open on Friday Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 19, 2014
- EdinburghA day of travel. Caught aerobus from city to airport again. Great service at 5 euro.
Vuelling airlines flight was packed. It was a good service. Arrived mid afternoon to typical grey sky's. No rain though so bonus. Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 19, 2014