So I'm really not good at the whole "keep the blog updated" thing... Sorry. I am still alive, and there will be two posts today since I've been bad and as far as you know I am in Edinburgh.
Edinburgh Posted by jennamiller in And So The Adventure Begins... | Mar 30, 2016
- PlanningAll ferries and accommodation now booked, apart from accommodation on the way to Scrabster and on the way back.
It will be a very long drive.
Fingers crossed that the weather will be better than at the same time last year, when Posted by Wendyanne in North with Dad 2016 | Jan 20, 2016
- Torridon Trip: Day 7 (2nd Jan) We had a lovely lie in and a cooked breakfast in the cottage.
We drove to the outskirts of Torridon and did a 2 mile walk with Bobby. The predicted rain never arrived and we enjoyed a peaceful walk around Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Jan 3, 2016
- Torridon Trip: Day 6 (1st Jan) We had a nice lie in and then treated ourselves to a cooked breakfast.
At 11am we headed out to do a walk on the Kinlochdamph estate. As we headed out we bumped into some neighbours who were going out Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Jan 2, 2016
- Torridon Trip: Day 5 (31st Dec) We had breakfast at the cottage and then drove to nearby Shieldaig. The 5km Shieldaig peninsula walk turned out to be stunning - both in terms of scenery and weather. The walk took in both rugged mountain scenery Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Jan 1, 2016
- Torridon Trip: Day 4 (30th Dec) We had a lovely lie in and then a super cooked breakfast of egg muffins at the cottage.
We decided to do a walk around the Kinlochdamph Estate and not venture out in the car.
We did a 4.5 mile walk around Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Dec 31, 2015
- Torridon Trip: Day 3 (29th Dec)After breakfast we ventured out towards Plockton. It was a colder day than yesterday but with glimpses of sunshine and blue sky. We stopped at a tiny hamlet called Achmore and did a 5km walk which took in Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Dec 30, 2015
- Torridon Trip: Day 2 (28th Dec)After breakfast we ventured outside to an unusually warm day (14.5 degrees). As the weather was so calm and mild we decided to rearrange our plans and go via the usually treacherous in winter 'Bealach Na Ba' road to Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Dec 29, 2015
- Torridon Trip: Day 1 (27th Dec)Our first stop was for a Costa cappuccino and breakfast at Burger King at the Kinross services.
We stocked up with goodies from Tesco and Marks & Spencer at Perth.
Our lunch stop was a quaint little place on the outskirts of Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Dec 28, 2015
- 'Do you speak African..?'We've been on our UK Home Assignment for a good 2 months now, (and yes, it's been a pretty good 2 months, thanks). After the excitement of my sister's Reading Wedding, sleeping in various beds, numerous visits, hunting for items Posted by africraigs in africraigs | Nov 4, 2015
- Scotlands West Highland WayOn September 1, 2015, just after finishing up our work away in Carlingcott, England, we hit a wall. Thankfully this was not a literal wall, rather it was a figurative wall, one that represented us not knowing what we Posted by Shewy in It is, What it is | Oct 31, 2015
- Goodbye EdinburghIt hardly seemed possible that we were already in our final week. Monday was a free day so we took a trip around the Royal Yacht Britannia. I had expected it to be very opulent and luxurious but it wasn’t. Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Oct 26, 2015
- Edinburgh Week ThreeFeeling back to my old self, Monday was once more back on the tourist trail. Having thoroughly enjoyed our canal boat weekend last Easter, we decided to visit the Falkirk Wheel. This is a revolving canal lock connecting the Forth Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Oct 23, 2015
- Edinburgh Week TwoMonday we decided to be tourists for the day and took a bus to the Royal Botanic Gardens. It had naturally started to rain that morning but it eased off as we arrived and it meant no crowds. The gardens Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Oct 19, 2015
- Edinburgh First StepsThe journey up to Edinburgh was uneventful but pleasant. Rather unexpectedly the sun was shining for most of the trip, which was a bit worrying, as I hadn’t thought to bring any warm weather clothes. Scotland in October – who Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Oct 10, 2015
- What's on in Glasgow this week...So, moved on again across towards Glasgow now. The weather is still being pretty kind, though it did rain well yesterday. Like the eskimos, the Scots have about a hundred different names for rain, like 'dreich', which loosely Posted by VP28802 in Eireann agus Alba | Sep 28, 2015
- Scotland the mildly heroicAfter a quick drive from Dublin to Belfast, the ferry across to Scotland was pretty calm, and I am told, unusual. It didn't rain, and the waves were somewhere else, apparently. The weather has been pretty good across Posted by VP28802 in Eireann agus Alba | Sep 19, 2015
- Day 38Today is a travel day with London as our final destination. Reluctantly leaving St. Andrews, we drove the coastal route back towards Edinburgh passing through the fishing villages of Crail and Anstruther and having lunch at Kilcaldy before heading of Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Sep 17, 2015
- Day 37Decided to drive to Carnoustie as a first stop today and then see where that led. To get to Carnoustie, about 55 km away, you have to drive through Dundee, a big city, but the rest of the drive is Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Sep 16, 2015
- Day 36Today we played golf. We started the day with a leisurely breakfast at our B&B and then a little further exploration of St. Andrews. Then to golf.
As most of the people reading this are not golfers, I won't go into Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Sep 15, 2015
- Day 35We picked up a rental car this morning and took the easy drive to St. Andrews. we stopped for breakfast at the Waverly Cafe in a small village called "Burntisland". We could have the large breakfast or the small breakfast. Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Sep 14, 2015
- Day 34A cloudy and cool day in Edinburgh today with a maximum of 17 degrees and a little rain. We started with breakfast in a little cafe just of the Royal Mile and then took the short walk to Edinburgh Castle. Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Sep 13, 2015
- MotoScotlandFor my final biking adventure, I’d decided I wanted to do some off-road training. A conversation with friends Billy & Tracey, who live between Perth and Dundee, had discovered a shared desire to try off-roading and so MotoScotland it was. Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Sep 6, 2015
- Glasgow - Ripon - SheffieldLeaving Scotland and entering back into England, we make a first stop at Ripon in Yorkshire.
Dating back to 1132 when 13 monks who fled from unrest at St Mary's Abbey in York built their new lives here, Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Aug 25, 2015
- Falkirk Wheel and Loch LomondEvery day this last week we have been looking at the weather forecast for this area, and it has not been looking good: severe storms and lashings of rain. Oh dear. This morning, however, it is dry, albeit with some Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Aug 24, 2015