- Tip of the Skye IsleHaving programmed in the desire to see the Skye Museum of Island Life into our holiday diary, we swapped keys and camera so Rob could photograph the coast line between Greshornish and Lub Score. Our plan was then to Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 27, 2015
- Crossing the Sound of SleatDespite our 10 mins sleep in we ate a quick breakfast and pointed the Audi to Armadale for the 10am ferry to Mallaig. The crossing was a smooth 30 minutes on the deck with wonderful views of Skye in the Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 26, 2015
- The Three Bridges Setting off for a three day stay in a self contained unit in Greshornish meant we needed some food supplies. Rob excelled at getting the shopping done in 20 minutes with the best ploy yet. If you park in a Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 25, 2015
- The Highlands callThe highlands call.....
The first place we passed through today was Hellensburgh, on Loch Gare, then we travelled north to Arrochare along Loch Long, where the military bases are. Travelling west we went through the Argyll forrest through Glen Crowe and Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 25, 2015
- Loch looking and Snow Spying1650 miles under our belt and we've just left Balloch, heading for Fort William.
You will have noticed, maybe, we did not do our blog last night. Eurovision final took its place! And may we say .. bit disappointing Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 24, 2015
- The Border RieveChecking out of The Blue Swallow we picked up final supplies at Sainsburys and set off up the M6, which became the M74, skirted around the south west of Glascow to get onto the M8 passed Glascow Airport onto the Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 22, 2015
- A Sense of An EndingA Sense of an Ending
This past Thursday I completed my exams, and thus marked a close to my freshman (1st year as they call it here) at St. Andrews. It feels a little weird. It's difficult for me to find Posted by PeterMyer in Freshman Year - University of St Andrews | May 16, 2015
- SCOTLAND STEROTYPES
I have enjoyed a nice afternoon in Edinburgh, Scotland and it wa Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 9, 2015
- ScotlandHello from the beautiful hills of Scotland!
A week ago I had no idea I would be here and I have to say, this has possibly been the best decision I have made all trip. Scotland has blown my mind and Posted by meagle in No Dreams Deferred | May 6, 2015
- IslayWe knew at the outset of this trip that a visit to Islay in the Scottish Hebrides would undoubtedly be our year’s highlight and it hasn’t disappointed. I’ve always enjoyed a wee dram and over the last eight years we Posted by Deb_Scott in Eat. Drink. See & Do. | Apr 24, 2015
- Scottish night
For our last night in Edinburgh 19 of us went to Jamie’s Scottish evening. After a short walk down the royal mile and a left turn into the new city e found the place to be. We were the youngest Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Apr 24, 2015
- Edinburgh babyEDINBURGH
What to say about this place. We arrived on Monday afternoon/late evening. We got to the motel and got very lucky, we are in a dorm room with 6 beds and only the two of us. It is huge. Naomi Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Apr 22, 2015
- Edinburgh Scotland: My Kind of CityI never dreamed of visiting Scotland but had heard good things about Edinburgh from those who had been there.
From Warrington, we train right into Waverly Station which sits in the shadow of the massive Edinburgh Castle. Upon departure, Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Apr 14, 2015
- EdinburghEdinburgh was a blast! We did a tour of the Royal Mile and learned lots of fun facts in addition to some history of the city. Like did you know the city is nicknamed the Athens of the north because Posted by GraceD in Grace Dwomoh | Apr 8, 2015
- The HighlandsWell everything you've heard about Scotland is true. The place really is magical! We had a great time driving through the Highlands.
The end of the civilized world as the Romans called it is filled with breathtaking views of lush Posted by GraceD in Grace Dwomoh | Apr 8, 2015
- Loch Ness Monster: Real or Real?
As we drove toward Loch Ness on our last day here in Scotland, we were going about business as usual, with me reading about the next stop ahead as Luke was playing foreign driver in the wind, ditching cars, and Posted by akgearhard in Chasing Dreams | Apr 1, 2015
- Isle of SkyeWhen a portion of the road connecting us to our current destination was marked as a "sky bridge" on the map, we knew we were headed in the right direction. The Isle of Skye is a rugged and remote area Posted by akgearhard in Chasing Dreams | Mar 31, 2015
- Post Spring BreakThis semester has been wonderful. These last two months of consisted of being busy, lots of fun with lots of friends, and of course... studying.
Some of the events include a couple of balls with the hispanic society, a couple Posted by PeterMyer in Freshman Year - University of St Andrews | Mar 30, 2015
- Into the Mystic
It was dusk last night as we drove our moody, white Scottish SUV into our home for the evening. She had been arguing with Nüvi's GPS directions, making unexpected traffic announcements in the loudest voice possible over the top Posted by akgearhard in Chasing Dreams | Mar 28, 2015
- If Not Now...When?
We were surrounded by castles in every direction and water a bit further out, as we stood in the capital city of Edinburgh, on the coast of Scotland. People were buzzing around us - some of them clearly amidst their Posted by akgearhard in Chasing Dreams | Mar 27, 2015
- Haggis, Hairy Cows and Highlanders
13th July 2008
Tina, a friend, and I have just spent time in Ireland and flown across the Irish Sea to Glasgow. We have organised to collect Posted by Rianda in Traveller Down Under | Mar 26, 2015
- "A goal without a plan is just a wish"Location: Glasgow, Scotland (home)
With just 74 days to go until I set off on my 3 week European adventure, planning is well underway. I've booked flights, hostels, researched trains, night trains, how to get from Venice to Croatia (how to Posted by stephjaane in Life of an adventurer | Mar 21, 2015
- Semester 2 BeginsHello all!
I know it's been a while since I posted but there has been a lot going on. I had a fantastic first semester. I made excellent grades and I was fortunate enough to go to Germany with my friend Posted by PeterMyer in Freshman Year - University of St Andrews | Feb 2, 2015
- Hogmanay -Hello 2015Happy belated New Year everyone! Sorry about the delay in writing about our time over the last month. This was our New Year in Edinburgh. A great time and an amazing festival! ...Luckily we both had got over a Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Jan 14, 2015
- The All Blacks visit Edinburgh===Freeeeeeddddoooooooom===
It seems that seeing the All Blacks once a year on their Northern Hemisphere Tour is starting to become a bit of a tradition. We went to see Richie and co. pummel Scotland - that didn't quite happen. We Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jan 11, 2015