- Ayr to Glasgow - Saturday, 16 April 2011We left our lovely B&B in Ayr today and travelled to Glasgow by train which took 45 minutes.
We arrived at the Menzies Hotel, where our "Scottish Dream" tour starts tomorrow. It is quite a nice hotel AND OUR ROOM Posted by gaddingabout in London, Scotland and Abu Dhabi | Sep 24, 2013
- Girvan - Friday, 15 April 2011Off to Girvan today to find Lorna's final resting place. Bought some lovely pink roses at Morrisons, the supermarkert over the road from our B&B.
Lorna Cooke was our fathe Posted by gaddingabout in London, Scotland and Abu Dhabi | Sep 24, 2013
- London to Ayr, Scotland - Thursday, 14 April 2011Checked out of the Clarence Hotel, Windsor today but left "the hat in the hat box" there because we are coming back after our "Scottish Dream Tour". We wheeled our bags through Windsor streets to the railway station and Posted by gaddingabout in London, Scotland and Abu Dhabi | Sep 22, 2013
- Monster-Less at Loch Ness[quote](Must be read with a strong Scottish accent!)
"Among the heathy hills and ragged woods
The roaring Fyers pours his mossy floods;
Till full he dashes on the rocky mounds,
Where, thro' a shapeless breach, his stream resounds.
As high in air th Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Sep 13, 2013
- Skye High and Loving It!=="Speed, bonnie boat, like a bird on the wing,
Onward! the sailors cry;
Carry the lad that's born to be King
Over the sea to Skye." - The Skye Boat Song==
==Foodie moment= Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Sep 12, 2013
- Is that a Jacobite rising, or are you just happy to see me?!=="My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here,
My heart's in the Highlands, a-chasing the deer;
A-chasing the wild deer, and following the roe,
My heart's in the Highlands, wherever I go." - Robert Burns. ==
[map=418669 lat=56.68269700000001 Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Sep 11, 2013
- Haggis and Heartfelt Memories in Oban=="Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal" - From an Irish headstone==
===Travelling Scotland has just got a whole lot easier for us! We've Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Sep 11, 2013
- Glasgow - Shivering in the Shadow of Edinburgh=="Glasgow's a bit like Nashville, Tennessee: it doesn't care much for the living, but it really looks after the dead." - Billy Connolley==
===Lunch at Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Sep 10, 2013
Armadale coastline, Isle of Skye
The weather's getting cool, so I bought a much-needed wool hat.
Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 16, 2013
- Scotland - ArgyllOur last month has been spent working at a Bed & Breakfast, Melfort House, 30min drive south of Oban in county Argyll, Scotland. Here we have been able to experience rather than just see a place.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/520265/Loch_Melf Posted by reinandleah in REIN & LEAH'S EUROPEAN ADVENTURE | Sep 3, 2013
- An interesting taste!!! hi all,
Well I guess you've gotta give things ago once (well some things that is).... Went to a Highland Scottish night last night and they gave everyone a treat..... Can you guess what???..,.. Yep that's right.... Haggis.... I thought, Posted by JenneanB in A World away from Oz | Sep 2, 2013
- West Highland Way[center]
And we're off (with some new friends)!
A well-deserved rest
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/529454/l Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 9, 2013
- Kings of the Castle (of Edinburgh)=="I can not be a traitor, for I owe him no allegiance. He is not my Sovereign; he never received my homage; and whilst life is in this persecuted body, he never shall receive it." - Spoken by William Wallace Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Aug 31, 2013
- Sticky People[center]
Leaving our lovely, quiet campsite
And we embark on the West Highland Way!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 8, 2013
- OutcastTrudging through the city I feel like an outcast. Hiking boots, sloppily layered clothing, hair in wild disarray. We squeeze past women in summer dresses, men in trousers and button-down shirts. At shopping centers, the doormen look somewhere above my Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 7, 2013
- Outdoors EdinburghPleasure in a sun-baked back on a brisk Edinburgh morning. This week we get sun, and all the vacationers are out of caravan and tent to bask in its feeble rays. The smell of everyone else's good cooking all around. Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 6, 2013
- Free Comedy - Who's Laughing Now?==“This is a city of shifting light, of changing skies, of sudden vistas. A city so beautiful it breaks the heart again and again.” - Alexander McCall Smith==
===Irn Bru is the favourite soft drink of Scotland. It apparent Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Aug 28, 2013
- Living on the 'Fringe' of the Festival=="...for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Aug 25, 2013
- Scotland The Brave
After spending a busy week in London, catching up with Wills, Kate, and baby George, we then sought refuge in nearby Newbury with Lisa's friend Michelle. A few quiet days were spent rev Posted by happellfamily12 in La vita in quattro valigie | Aug 20, 2013
- 15th to 18th August - ScotlandThursday 15th August – Bath (England) to Edinburgh (Scotland)
Earliest start so far this morning – 4am the alarm went off and we were up, ready to go to Bristol airport for our 6.30am departure to Edinburgh. The lovely Jack Posted by tarah_nz in Our OE in 2-0-1-3 | Aug 20, 2013
- Enchanting EdinburghMy trip to Edinburgh was awesome! When I got off the bus to meet Steve at Waverley Station early Tuesday afternoon there were street performers and buskers in the parks and on street corners, and loads of people out Posted by SammyO in My gelato journey | Aug 11, 2013
- Top things in ScotlandBeing the last night, we thought it would be good to put together a top-five list of Scotland from each of us. Most of us couldn’t stick to just 5 things. They are listed in no particular order and feel Posted by joreilly in The Wapstra's in Scotland | Jul 13, 2013
- Proud, slightly uncoordinated puffins and dodgem toadletsWe left Isle of Skye last Saturday and headed to Oban further down the west coast of Scotland. It was a little sad to leave Skye after our week there as it is such a wonderful, relaxed, beautiful spot in Posted by joreilly in The Wapstra's in Scotland | Jul 13, 2013
- NessieFlew from London to Inverness with Emma on Wednesday and spent the afternoon in the Black Aisle. I love Inverness, it is so pretty and reminds me a lot of New Zealand..
This is Cromarty point... We were going to Posted by jessruthvk in Europe and beyond | Jul 6, 2013
- More on the Isle of SkyeWell, they say Tasmania has 4 seasons in one day, here on the Isle of Skye we can have 4 seasons in 5 minutes. Windy, then raining, then sunny, then warm, then raining and windy, then dry and calm, then Posted by joreilly in The Wapstra's in Scotland | Jul 4, 2013