- Cardhu?Happy Father's Day! We were up and ready for our breakfast at 8am, only to discover that breakfast wasn't served until 9am on Sunday - whoops! Never mind. We headed off (much more confidently this time) in Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 7, 2014
- Walking the Speyside WayAfter breakfast, we were off on our walk! Leo the Peugeot was left to have a well-earned rest as we commenced the Speyside Way. Except that it took us a little while to work out where the Way Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 7, 2014
- Gallivanting in GlasgowThis place wasn't called the Hot-el Apartments for nothing. We had rather a warm sleep, and a warm morning too. And as for the bathroom (or should I say sauna) - well that made me glad we hadn't Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 6, 2014
- Action packed August - Part 3Last lot of travels in August was firstly to Nottingham to stay with my aunt and uncle and then a week touring Scotland in a motorhome.
In Nottingham we had a big family gathering with mum and my cousins Posted by Holan Family in Holan Family | Sep 4, 2014
- Chilling out with chilled sangriaStarted the day with a sleep in - been awhile since we'd had one of those! Then we meandered into town past some penguins and Robert Burns to say goodbye to Welshy at the pub. Then it was Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 4, 2014
- Fundee in DundeeGood morning Edinburgh! We got off to an energetic start to the day when we climbed the 287 or so steps in the Scott monument for some breathtaking views of the city. A sign at the bottom advised Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 4, 2014
- Edinbra with EnyaSimon started the day with a trip to the shops for breakfast supplies, and came back with some advice from the cashier - "when walking around Edinburgh, you need sturdy shoes, an umbrella and sunglasses... because you just never know." Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 4, 2014
- RoadtripToday started with a simple breakfast at Caffe Nero with Maya, or somebody who looked very much like her! After that it was off on a quest to collect our hire car, which was about a half hour walk away. Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 3, 2014
- Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile[center][/center]
After a fantastic first day in Edinburgh, we fell into our beds, exhausted from our journey. The morning came very quickly, but we knew better than to linger in our Posted by Dunnie in Exploring our Roots | Aug 11, 2014
- So much to doSuddenly it is Sunday night and it has been such a full few days. I have not even had time to write anything here, being so tired I've just been falling into bed at the end of every full Posted by gillianharvie in Celtic Pilgrimage | Aug 10, 2014
- Friday and we headed south to AyrshireAfter a good Scottish breakfast at The Hawthorns, we hit the road again. We went up the road to have a look at Balmaha, of the shores of Loch Lomond. Balmaha reminded us of Wanaka. There was property development happening, Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 9, 2014
- Thursday we headed for Loch LomondThursday 7 August 2014
After a brief but lovely stay in Inverness we packed our bags and headed off towards our next stop – Drymen. Our day mainly consisted of driving with the occasional little stop on the way.
Just Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 8, 2014
- Wednesday we headed for InvernessWe had a big day of travelling ahead of us, so we were one the road by 9.00 am. Our wee hoose in Edinburgh was great. The owner Lorraine was great to deal with. Warm, friendly and helpful.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/659689/large_P1030790.jp Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 8, 2014
- Edinburgh, Day OneOur flight went just as planned: long. As we flew the opposite direction of the sun, night came quickly. And went quickly. While that wreaked havoc with our sleep patterns for a while, it treated yours Posted by Dunnie in Exploring our Roots | Aug 7, 2014
- Fern hits ScotlandHi 7NA,
So we are now in Scotland but I haven’t told you all about my last adventures in England yet!
Once we had been to Goole we went to York. York is a medieval town with history of vikings, romans and Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 7, 2014
- Tuesday 5 August 2014 - Tracing our Scottish AncestoryToday is the day when I am hopefully going to find out a little more about my Grandfather,
Samuel Reid who left Scotland around 1911 bound for New Zealand.
We left the house here in Edinburgh at 10am and headed off Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 6, 2014
- Day 50 - StirlingToday we went to the town of Stirling, just 40mins down the road. It's a very nice town, nicer that Perth. Lots of lovely buildings and cobbled streets.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 24, 2014
- Day 49 - Kinnoullin HillAnother catchup day today. Washing, shopping and other things to be done. Tori, the girls and I went to Tesco to get some grocery supplies and while there were asked to do a product test. On the menu today was Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 24, 2014
- Day 48 - EdinburghNote - We've had a little trouble with our camera memory card reader and haven't been able to load photos, but have a new one now and have caught up, so there are now photos for the Giants Causeway day Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 24, 2014
- More Edinburgh23 July 2014
I had a nice lie in this morning after an unplanned late night. Around 11.30pm when I was about to go to sleep I could hear water running in my bathroom. The person in the room above had Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 24, 2014
- Back to EdinburghAn 8.50am start for the trip back to Edinburgh. The bus seemed quite empty with only nine people on board.
Our first stop was at Corrieshalloch Gorge. We walked for about 10 minutes on a track with lots of wildflowers to Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 23, 2014
- Day 47 - Perth Awakening to sore necks and backs and numb legs and in need of breakfast, after showers Tori and Taran went down the road to Tesco to get some supplies, as during the night it dawned on us that this cabin Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 23, 2014
- Ullapool8.50am and it was time to leave my room at the Lynnfield Hotel. We had about an hour to look around Kirkwall, then we drove south to the ferry terminal. We were back in mainland Scotland by 12.30pm.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/644083/large_ Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 23, 2014
- Kirkwall againI planned this trip to celebrate my birthday in the Orkney Islands … and here it is!. Thanks to everyone who sent me birthday wishes.
I had a 9am pickup for our day exploring the mainland island of the Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 22, 2014
- KirkwallAn early start at 8am today because we have a ferry to catch. We spent the morning travelling north with only a couple of short stops. We stopped at a large Tesco supermarket to buy lunch to eat on the Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 20, 2014