- EdinburghA day of travel. Caught aerobus from city to airport again. Great service at 5 euro.
Vuelling airlines flight was packed. It was a good service. Arrived mid afternoon to typical grey sky's. No rain though so bonus. Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 19, 2014
- Greenock, ScotlandAn overcast sky greeted the ship as we sailed up the Firth of Clyde to our berth in Greenock the port for Glasgow Scotland. A very busy morning in the Horizon Court and with breakfast behind us we prepared Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 17, 2014
- Sea Day Two - Scotland BoundDue to an error in the daily newsletter, the Princess Patter, I arrived on Deck 18 intending to capture the 05:24 sunrise. Not sure who made the calculations but they were off by at least an hour. Even Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 16, 2014
- Beaver huntingThe day started with an amazing spread - full cooked Scottish breakfast. Eggs, bacon, black pudding, haggis, square sausage - the lot. And so, sufficiently fuelled for the day, we set off exploring one of the nearby castles. Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 16, 2014
- A penny farthing, a picnic and some pintsBreakfast this morning was one of our unorthodox picnics, with food from The Co-op. It's amazing the spread you can get for under £5! Even more amazing was the man riding his penny farthing down the hill, cruising Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 16, 2014
- Day 5: Glasgow/EdinburghAfter a bit of a lazy morning and a spot of breakfast we decided to go and explore more of Glasgow, and then catch the train to Edinburgh to have a look around there.
Posted by tahnsandjeremy in The Adventures of Tahnee and Jeremy | Sep 15, 2014
- Pat's birthdayToday was the big day - Pat's birthday! Well, not really, but he got an email from Laphroaig saying happy birthday, so we figured we'd go with it. And what better way to celebrate than going where Pat Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 14, 2014
- Hello Jura!After breakfast with our dear friend Sven, we met up with Grug and headed out to Bunnahabhain, which felt like a very remote and isolated distillery. Beth, our tour guide, was exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable. Apparently "The Angels' Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 14, 2014
- Islay boundWe had the opportunity to be good samaritans today, when a Belgian tourist found himself stranded in Tomintoul. He had planned to catch the bus to Ballindalloch, but that bus only ran on a Thursday. And today was Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 14, 2014
- Fresher's WeekHey again!
What a fantastic two weeks it's been thus far. My mother and I took the journey on August 31st to Edinburgh. We had a wonderful time and went to the Edinburgh Castle. We saw the traditional Scottish canon firing Posted by PeterMyer in Freshman Year - University of St Andrews | Sep 14, 2014
- Day 4: Glasgow/InverarayWe started the day with breakfast at a rather fabulous tea shop. Jeremy, tea connoisseur, had a great time poring over their rather extensive tea menu.
[img=http Posted by tahnsandjeremy in The Adventures of Tahnee and Jeremy | Sep 13, 2014
- Day 3: Dublin to Glasgow (via Edinburgh)We had a bit of a late start to the morning and therefore ran out of time to go out and find breakfast somewhere. Decided to just have breakfast in the hotel restaurant.
After doing a final pack up we set Posted by tahnsandjeremy in The Adventures of Tahnee and Jeremy | Sep 12, 2014
- Traipsing to TomintoulWe were fortunate to have a simply glorious day for our last day of walking the Speyside Way - sunshine, no rain, and just a gentle cool breeze. We chatted to Mo (the hotel manager) about her experiences in Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 11, 2014
- Only seven miles...Today started with a rather unusual shower experience for me - but holidays are supposed to be all about trying new things, right? Basically it was a bath, with a hand-held shower, that looked like a telephone. Hard Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 8, 2014
- Haste ye backI know I have neglected this blog over the last few months - life in London has been a whirlwind of crazy, fun, hectic, frustrating, amazing moments and time has just flown. London sucks you in and before you Posted by Fi M in For the love of getting lost! | Sep 8, 2014
- Cardhu?Happy Father's Day! We were up and ready for our breakfast at 8am, only to discover that breakfast wasn't served until 9am on Sunday - whoops! Never mind. We headed off (much more confidently this time) in Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 7, 2014
- Walking the Speyside WayAfter breakfast, we were off on our walk! Leo the Peugeot was left to have a well-earned rest as we commenced the Speyside Way. Except that it took us a little while to work out where the Way Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 7, 2014
- Gallivanting in GlasgowThis place wasn't called the Hot-el Apartments for nothing. We had rather a warm sleep, and a warm morning too. And as for the bathroom (or should I say sauna) - well that made me glad we hadn't Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 6, 2014
- Action packed August - Part 3Last lot of travels in August was firstly to Nottingham to stay with my aunt and uncle and then a week touring Scotland in a motorhome.
In Nottingham we had a big family gathering with mum and my cousins Posted by Holan Family in Holan Family | Sep 4, 2014
- Chilling out with chilled sangriaStarted the day with a sleep in - been awhile since we'd had one of those! Then we meandered into town past some penguins and Robert Burns to say goodbye to Welshy at the pub. Then it was Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 4, 2014
- Fundee in DundeeGood morning Edinburgh! We got off to an energetic start to the day when we climbed the 287 or so steps in the Scott monument for some breathtaking views of the city. A sign at the bottom advised Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 4, 2014
- Edinbra with EnyaSimon started the day with a trip to the shops for breakfast supplies, and came back with some advice from the cashier - "when walking around Edinburgh, you need sturdy shoes, an umbrella and sunglasses... because you just never know." Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 4, 2014
- RoadtripToday started with a simple breakfast at Caffe Nero with Maya, or somebody who looked very much like her! After that it was off on a quest to collect our hire car, which was about a half hour walk away. Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 3, 2014
- Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile[center][/center]
After a fantastic first day in Edinburgh, we fell into our beds, exhausted from our journey. The morning came very quickly, but we knew better than to linger in our Posted by Dunnie in Exploring our Roots | Aug 11, 2014
- So much to doSuddenly it is Sunday night and it has been such a full few days. I have not even had time to write anything here, being so tired I've just been falling into bed at the end of every full Posted by gillianharvie in Celtic Pilgrimage | Aug 10, 2014