- EdinburghEdinburgh was a blast! We did a tour of the Royal Mile and learned lots of fun facts in addition to some history of the city. Like did you know the city is nicknamed the Athens of the north because Posted by GraceD in Grace Dwomoh | Apr 8, 2015
- The HighlandsWell everything you've heard about Scotland is true. The place really is magical! We had a great time driving through the Highlands.
The end of the civilized world as the Romans called it is filled with breathtaking views of lush Posted by GraceD in Grace Dwomoh | Apr 8, 2015
- Loch Ness Monster: Real or Real?
As we drove toward Loch Ness on our last day here in Scotland, we were going about business as usual, with me reading about the next stop ahead as Luke was playing foreign driver in the wind, ditching cars, and Posted by akgearhard in Chasing Dreams | Apr 1, 2015
- Isle of SkyeWhen a portion of the road connecting us to our current destination was marked as a "sky bridge" on the map, we knew we were headed in the right direction. The Isle of Skye is a rugged and remote area Posted by akgearhard in Chasing Dreams | Mar 31, 2015
- Post Spring BreakThis semester has been wonderful. These last two months of consisted of being busy, lots of fun with lots of friends, and of course... studying.
Some of the events include a couple of balls with the hispanic society, a couple Posted by PeterMyer in University of St Andrews & WM | Mar 30, 2015
- Into the Mystic
It was dusk last night as we drove our moody, white Scottish SUV into our home for the evening. She had been arguing with Nüvi's GPS directions, making unexpected traffic announcements in the loudest voice possible over the top Posted by akgearhard in Chasing Dreams | Mar 28, 2015
- If Not Now...When?
We were surrounded by castles in every direction and water a bit further out, as we stood in the capital city of Edinburgh, on the coast of Scotland. People were buzzing around us - some of them clearly amidst their Posted by akgearhard in Chasing Dreams | Mar 27, 2015
- Haggis, Hairy Cows and Highlanders
13th July 2008
Tina, a friend, and I have just spent time in Ireland and flown across the Irish Sea to Glasgow. We have organised to collect Posted by Rianda in Traveller Down Under | Mar 26, 2015
- "A goal without a plan is just a wish"Location: Glasgow, Scotland (home)
With just 74 days to go until I set off on my 3 week European adventure, planning is well underway. I've booked flights, hostels, researched trains, night trains, how to get from Venice to Croatia (how to Posted by stephjaane in Life of an adventurer | Mar 21, 2015
- Semester 2 BeginsHello all!
I know it's been a while since I posted but there has been a lot going on. I had a fantastic first semester. I made excellent grades and I was fortunate enough to go to Germany with my friend Posted by PeterMyer in University of St Andrews & WM | Feb 2, 2015
- Hogmanay -Hello 2015Happy belated New Year everyone! Sorry about the delay in writing about our time over the last month. This was our New Year in Edinburgh. A great time and an amazing festival! ...Luckily we both had got over a Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Jan 14, 2015
- The All Blacks visit Edinburgh===Freeeeeeddddoooooooom===
It seems that seeing the All Blacks once a year on their Northern Hemisphere Tour is starting to become a bit of a tradition. We went to see Richie and co. pummel Scotland - that didn't quite happen. We Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Jan 11, 2015
- Days 175-181: Edinburgh, Scotland
Well, I'm staying at a very funny place where there are a million people and travellers. But at least i have a couch! In London I was mostly sleeping on floors... I caught the very end of Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014
- Ecclefechan Local AreaMorning photo shoot in the conservatory of the lovely house we are staying at. It is so homely and warm, it is very easy to relax and enjoy. We have been able to park the car in the garage so Posted by BioC12 in Biocultural 26/7 | Dec 9, 2014
15th Oct to 19th Oct: As we had planned, our next destination was to head to Scotland beginning with the capital, Edinburgh. After a bit of a sleep in, we packed our gear in our hostel in Winder Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Dec 15, 2014
- Eccelfechan, Peebles and EdinburghFirst task today is a photo shoot of the cottage – so well presented and so warm and inviting. Ecclefechan is a small village off the M6 south of Glasgow and Edinburgh and very handy to all points across Scotland. Posted by BioC12 in Biocultural 26/7 | Dec 7, 2014
- We Set Our Sights On ScotlandLynn and I both love waking up to the soft morning light here - unlike the very bright morning light of Australian mornings. There is not a sound until about 8.30 when the odd car goes past the house. You Posted by BioC12 in Biocultural 26/7 | Dec 6, 2014
- Glasgow - A City Our Son Chad Knows Well Today’s journey takes us to Glasgow – Chad spent two years there working and also playing rugby union. He’s given us the address of the bar he worked in so we’ll park and spend some time in and around Posted by BioC12 in Biocultural 26/7 | Dec 8, 2014
- Still Warmer than AtlantaEverything is still beautiful here in St. Andrews. Raisin Sunday was a blast and my picture from the foam fight made it into the New York Times (see below). So these are all thing things I had to get for Posted by PeterMyer in University of St Andrews & WM | Nov 24, 2014
- Busy Busy BusyGood afternoon everybody :)
I hope you are all doing well. Right off the bat, one of the things I want to say is that there are so many people here who have a wonderful intellectual curiosity - it's contagious and Posted by PeterMyer in University of St Andrews & WM | Oct 18, 2014
- Orkney, Wick, Fort William, Mallaig, Loch Lomond, DumbartonI'm sitting on the Jacobite Train in Mallaig waiting to depart for Fort William. Took some beautiful pictures of the isles of Eigg, Rum and Skye. Wandered around this tiny, little town a bit, had Cullen Skink for lunch. I'll Posted by DawnaL in From Reading to Reality | Oct 12, 2014
- Edinburgh Castle & Holyroodhouse PalaceWe walked up the Royal Mile to Edinburgh Castle. The view was amazing! The weather was overcast, but the rain held out - only had some sprinkles.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/712942/I Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 9, 2014
- Site along the Royal Mile
Storm Trooper in a kilt!!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/712942/IMG Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 7, 2014
- Beam me up, Scotty!We dragged our luggage (condense down a bit but still very heavy) for 35 minutes on our walk to the train station and rode for 4 hours to Edinburgh, Scotland this morning. Arriving around 12:30pm, we dropped our stuff at Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 7, 2014
- Orkney or Bust! Lorri is awake and up before the ass crack of dawn. She is feeling better. We packed and showered last night so just have to vacate the room as quietly as possible so as not to wake the 2 French Posted by DawnaL in From Reading to Reality | Oct 6, 2014