- First Day in Scotland[center]
We were so tired we fell asleep on a park bench
How very British!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/ Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 4, 2013
- 2012 E2 SCOTLAND===HEADING NORTH FROM YORK===
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Apr 16, 2012
- And Lucky's My Middle Name
So yesterday in the kitchen I was chatting up a Scottish couple Kyle and Gemma from Oban and Edinburgh. They were going to do another round of Isle of Skye in their car and ending the da Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | Apr 15, 2014
- The Wild Wild West (Highlands)
I can't believe what I did today but I did
1) During breakfast, asked a Belgian French the best spot to hitchhike around Isle of Skye , specifically to Old Man of Storr an Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | Apr 12, 2014
- Half The Ben
1) Climbed The Ben today. The Ben or Ben Nevis or Beinn Nibheis. Also Britain's highest mountain.
2) Saw some highland cattl Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | Apr 11, 2014
I'm gonna try a different style this time. Non-prose. So bear with me
1 Explored tons of closes (alleyway) on Royal Mile
2 Stopped by the Story telling centre
3 Listened to Rober Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | Apr 11, 2014
Long post. You've been warned.
My night was spent doing research for Fort William and Isle of Skyle. I'd made the decision to stay in Edinburgh when I got to the hostel because a lot Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | Apr 11, 2014
- Thistle Do Nicely
It was love at first sight.
With the city
I'd arrived in Edinburgh from Newcastle in the early evening. It was still bright. So the plan was the get to either Tescos or Sainsbury's Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | Apr 9, 2014
- Tim and Helen In the UK take 2We have been here for 2 weeks now, two different holiday lets, one in Northumberland Street which was a cute little one bedroom apartment.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/664206/01Stairs_u..__appartmen.jpg caption=Stairs up to street from our f Posted by clarkesintheuk in Tim and Helen In the UK take 2 | Mar 30, 2014
- HoboingDribble dribble dribble, and so the days drip away. But like a steady drip the time accumulates, a whole puddle of it somehow passed. Even yesterday, which felt so long, has somehow gone. In the morning we were still in Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Aug 1, 2013
- Ordinary LifeI've given up writing about traveling altogether, see; it's just an ordinary part of life now. Set up the tent, throw everything into it, walk around for a few days, uproot, repeat. Meet some people, or not. Exchange smiles with Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 30, 2013
- Day 8: A Cross-Country Drive and Crossing to ScotlandFrom what I recall of the morning of Day 8 – and do forgive me, as I must admit I’m now writing these posts from the distance of slightly over a week ahead! (the blog must be completed) – I Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Jan 15, 2014
- Scotland. It really is lovely in Summer
Way back at the start of our travels, we embarked on a [[http://ladiesofleisure.travellerspoint.com/9/|four-day boat trip]] through Southern Chile’s fjords. Amongst our fellow passengers Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Jan 4, 2014
- Island Hopping, Scottish style
One can develop very strong escape fantasises when you have been in a confined space for a period of time. For weeks I'd dreamt about jumping into my ten year old Honda Civic (1.4 l Dies Posted by noratheexplorer in Nora The Explorer | Dec 22, 2013
- A Wee Trip To Scotland
'Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful''
- Joshua J. Marine
Somewhere between place and time, day and night… OK somewhere between Edinburgh and Newcastle, I Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Dec 22, 2013
- Music Makes The World Go Round
'==Where Words Fail, Music Speaks== Hans Christian Anderson'
Music is a way of life. It shapes your moods and thoughts, opens your mind and lets your imagination run wild.
Since being abroad, my ipod has been my best friend, provi Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Dec 17, 2013
- The NorthEdinburgh, Scotland – tartan, cashmere, castles and bagpipes. We arrived in Edinburgh late in the afternoon. Feeling exhausted after a long drive which took us through the Lakes District of England and up through Ayr before coming across to Edinburgh. Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Dec 14, 2013
[center]* * *[/center]
This, too, shall end? I cannot help but think this transience is slowly degenerating me. Not only does nothing seem permane Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 27, 2013
- Walking in ScotlandWalking all day. In Scotland it truly feels like walking, not hiking. Even the highlands are not so very high. Orkney is another end-of-the-world kind of place. Everything eternally grey, the sun forgotten how to shine. Heather everywhere. The famo Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 25, 2013
Goodbye to the lovely hostel kitchen and back to cooking in the wind and rain[/center]
[center]* * *[/center]
What, the sun come out again? I could sleep and sleep and sleep, Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 23, 2013
- Three Dutchmen[center]
How many versions of this photo have I taken already? But it gets me every time.
We have to scrabble up those Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 19, 2013
- Scotland TourWe just got back to Glasgow after spending a week exploring scotland. We caught the train over to Edinburgh (all the way across scotland in about an hour) and spent the night there. Got to check out the Castle and Posted by NickandJo in Nick and Jo Europe 2013 | Dec 8, 2013
- Back to reality
By the time it gets to midsummer it is cold, wet and miserable again.
Midsummer in the Northern hemisphere; the summer solstice, the time of the longest days and shortest nights, fo Posted by noratheexplorer in Nora The Explorer | Dec 2, 2013
- Scotish WeddingHeaded out to the countryside to Alison and Ians wedding on an estate. There was bagpipes! Posted by NickandJo in Nick and Jo Europe 2013 | Nov 29, 2013
And suddenly, out of nowhere, summer arrives. Glorious wide blue skies, a big round yellow sun, heat like I didn't think was possible on an island. The colours and Posted by noratheexplorer in Nora The Explorer | Nov 29, 2013