- Edinburgh againFeeling a bit lazy this morning and didn’t get going until 10am. Heading across North Bridge and along Waterloo Place I came across Old Calton Burial Ground and stopped for a short look before continuing to Calton Hill.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 12, 2014
- EdinburghAnother flight done:
Dublin to Edinburgh (Aer Lingus but operated by Stobart Air)
I went out for a 7am walk … one last chance to find something to like about Dublin. No, Dublin just doesn’t appeal to me.
I left the hotel Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 11, 2014
- Happy Canada Day!This morning the fog has rolled in and has made our view from the hotel very picturesque. The blue sky and sun is making this a very good day indeed. After our breakie, of always fried Posted by tno in Toni & Norine | Jul 1, 2014
- FORE!!!!You can't tell but I'm blogging this while standing at the small hotel's reception area in Laggan, Scotland. The ONLY place to get wifi. It's been 2 hours of standing here. Gotta love technology!
Early start to Posted by tno in Toni & Norine | Jul 1, 2014
- Shid ald akwentans bee firgot an nivir braucht ti mynd?Can you believe it? Another alarm day to get up to. Our night in York is over but first we must do the tour of the town. Naturally there was a church or ten involved. The streets Posted by tno in Toni & Norine | Jun 30, 2014
- My last entry.Well here it is. The last blog entry. I can't believe it's time! I feel like I've been gone for much longer than I have, but it still seems surreal to think I'll be back in Colorado tomorrow night. I Posted by kbuck0828 in Wandering Wonderland | Jun 25, 2014
- Got my adventure on.Fort William definitely wins the award for coolest place in Scotland, hands down! My last night and day there were even better than the rest. I spent my last evening hanging out with a couple girls that work at the Posted by kbuck0828 in Wandering Wonderland | Jun 22, 2014
- Fort William is what I've been waiting for!I love Fort William! After just a few hours here I knew we were going to get along quite well. It is beautiful of course, the true highlands are here. Lovely big hills, bathed in rich green, all topped off Posted by kbuck0828 in Wandering Wonderland | Jun 20, 2014
- Too much time in InvernessOk I know it has been a while since my last entry, but honestly there just hasn't been enough going on in Inverness to write a whole entry about. So don't worry (Mom), I'm not dead, just a little bored. Posted by kbuck0828 in Wandering Wonderland | Jun 17, 2014
- Scotland at last.I'm here. I am really truly here. I have dreamed of seeing Scotland for so many years that it's hard to believe I made it. I had a very long bus ride from London, but we got into Scotland right Posted by kbuck0828 in Wandering Wonderland | Jun 13, 2014
- Throw some more mud on the fire motherWhen Christopher Columbus set off to discover the new world he left from Portugal. This was a very important decision. Had he departed from the Inner or Outer Hebrides we would never have had Fast Food, the Internet or Bottled Posted by Wheelspin in Who needs a holiday - I need sedatiation | Jun 9, 2014
- 4. A Day in the CountryIt is raining. It's not particularly cold, but it's wet. It was another warm sunny day when we boarded our tour bus to drive to Loch Lomond. We drove through some beautiful green countryside, complete with huge Posted by Follow Carol in Ireland | Jun 7, 2014
- 3. A Beautiful Day for a CastleIt may surprise no one that I am in the hotel lounge enjoying a glass of wine. It has been a full day. We met our guide in front of a small museum on the Royal Mile. Posted by Follow Carol in Ireland | Jun 6, 2014
- 2. Breakfast in EdinburghI am sitting in one of several sitting rooms in the hotel. I've had my breakfast and am continuing to drink coffee as I check emails and blog. It is a nice cool morning in Scotland.
The journey Posted by Follow Carol in Ireland | Jun 6, 2014
- Wilderness ExpeditionAnd that bus brought us back to Moffat where uncle and auntie were waiting for us. Had meringue outside in the sunshine for tea. Chilled outside talking and taking photos of the garden. Then a grand old dinner.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/6 Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | May 25, 2014
- Edinburgh“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”
― Marcel Proust
Got up pretty early on Tuesday morning, had a yummy breakfast of oats, black pudding, sausages, eggs, some random cake. The oats were Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | May 25, 2014
- Scotland Scotland! Oh joyful land of my youth. Okay, lots of my 'literary youth' was based in the UK, and not much in Scotland actually haha.
Pre-impression: Scotland is the rougher hardier more solid cousin of Ireland. With the same celtic Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | May 25, 2014
- Pierowall Goodbyes[center]
Another cozy kitchen where we could escape the wind and rain
When it was too damp outside, all we did was play Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 31, 2013
- Puffin Watching[center]
On a puffin hunt, but first we stop by a castle/fort
Maybe a few walls are missing
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 29, 2013
- The Island of Hoy[center]
We land on Hoy and are greeted with a wall of fog
Our favorite hiking food, yogurt
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 26, 2013
- An Easier Hiking Day[center]
This is where we thought we might have seen an orca!
Dorky / cool (or just dorky / dorky)
[img=http://ph Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 22, 2013
- In Search of Lost SunglassesDuring the end of our long hike yesterday (some time after dark), a certain someone lost his sunglasses, so we spent the day retracing our steps and looking in brush and down cliff sides. Alas, no luck. At least it Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 21, 2013
- Trotternish Peninsula[center]
And so we embark on a 30+ km in the middle of the day. Idiots.
Old Man Storr is somewhere around here
[img= Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 20, 2013
- Day 8: Last Day of the WHW[center]
The town of Kinlochleven rests peacefully below us
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/529454/ Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 15, 2013
- Day 7: Glen Coe Area[center]
I think we're starting to get used to this West Highland Way thing
A famous old inn built in the 17th century
Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 14, 2013