- Edinburgh“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”
― Marcel Proust
Got up pretty early on Tuesday morning, had a yummy breakfast of oats, black pudding, sausages, eggs, some random cake. The oats were Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | May 25, 2014
- Scotland Scotland! Oh joyful land of my youth. Okay, lots of my 'literary youth' was based in the UK, and not much in Scotland actually haha.
Pre-impression: Scotland is the rougher hardier more solid cousin of Ireland. With the same celtic Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | May 25, 2014
- Pierowall Goodbyes[center]
Another cozy kitchen where we could escape the wind and rain
When it was too damp outside, all we did was play Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 31, 2013
- Puffin Watching[center]
On a puffin hunt, but first we stop by a castle/fort
Maybe a few walls are missing
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 29, 2013
- The Island of Hoy[center]
We land on Hoy and are greeted with a wall of fog
Our favorite hiking food, yogurt
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 26, 2013
- An Easier Hiking Day[center]
This is where we thought we might have seen an orca!
Dorky / cool (or just dorky / dorky)
[img=http://ph Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 22, 2013
- In Search of Lost SunglassesDuring the end of our long hike yesterday (some time after dark), a certain someone lost his sunglasses, so we spent the day retracing our steps and looking in brush and down cliff sides. Alas, no luck. At least it Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 21, 2013
- Trotternish Peninsula[center]
And so we embark on a 30+ km in the middle of the day. Idiots.
Old Man Storr is somewhere around here
[img= Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 20, 2013
- Day 8: Last Day of the WHW[center]
The town of Kinlochleven rests peacefully below us
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/529454/ Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 15, 2013
- Day 7: Glen Coe Area[center]
I think we're starting to get used to this West Highland Way thing
A famous old inn built in the 17th century
Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 14, 2013
- Off AgainWe got our rental car from Alamo when we arrived at Manchester Airport. It is a Seat Leon and goes really well. The freeway from Manchester to Jean's house was 3 lanes all the way and took about Posted by Bulli Cruzers in Off Again | May 11, 2014
- Day 6: West Highland Blah Blah[center]
The going is painful
Shatter Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 13, 2013
- Day 5 and the Exhaustion Continues[center]
The highlands are getting higher
Pebbly little burn
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/529454/large_P71 Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 12, 2013
- Day 4 of the WHW, Falling ApartNot so many pictures today because we are dead tired (and possibly fighting).
Where we wild-camped last night because we got too tired to go on.
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 11, 2013
- Is It Really Only Day 3?[center]
Our first overcast day since we started hiking
Nice peaceful forest walk
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 10, 2013
- Arthur's Seat, Edinburgh[center]
They make this royal treasure collection look like some cheesy Disneyland ride entrance
Won't you let us into Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 5, 2013
- First Day in Scotland[center]
We were so tired we fell asleep on a park bench
How very British!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/ Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 4, 2013
- 2012 E2 SCOTLAND===HEADING NORTH FROM YORK===
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Apr 16, 2012
- And Lucky's My Middle Name
So yesterday in the kitchen I was chatting up a Scottish couple Kyle and Gemma from Oban and Edinburgh. They were going to do another round of Isle of Skye in their car and ending the da Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | Apr 15, 2014
- The Wild Wild West (Highlands)
I can't believe what I did today but I did
1) During breakfast, asked a Belgian French the best spot to hitchhike around Isle of Skye , specifically to Old Man of Storr an Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | Apr 12, 2014
- Half The Ben
1) Climbed The Ben today. The Ben or Ben Nevis or Beinn Nibheis. Also Britain's highest mountain.
2) Saw some highland cattl Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | Apr 11, 2014
I'm gonna try a different style this time. Non-prose. So bear with me
1 Explored tons of closes (alleyway) on Royal Mile
2 Stopped by the Story telling centre
3 Listened to Rober Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | Apr 11, 2014
Long post. You've been warned.
My night was spent doing research for Fort William and Isle of Skyle. I'd made the decision to stay in Edinburgh when I got to the hostel because a lot Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | Apr 11, 2014
- Thistle Do Nicely
It was love at first sight.
With the city
I'd arrived in Edinburgh from Newcastle in the early evening. It was still bright. So the plan was the get to either Tescos or Sainsbury's Posted by starcrossedsole in oywiththepoodlesalready | Apr 9, 2014
- Tim and Helen In the UK take 2We have been here for 2 weeks now, two different holiday lets, one in Northumberland Street which was a cute little one bedroom apartment.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/664206/01Stairs_u..__appartmen.jpg caption=Stairs up to street from our f Posted by clarkesintheuk in Tim and Helen In the UK take 2 | Mar 30, 2014