- Day Four - GlasgowDay Four – Glasgow
Brrrrr. Very cold and rainy day here in Scotland.
After our breakfast this morning we jumped on the city bus and made our way to the outskirts where our 10 pound a night hotel was. We were Posted by Drew.Kristin in Euro Trip 2012 | May 18, 2012
- Scotland the Brave...Growing up is never an easy thing to do. Being a child is easy, staying a child is wrong, growing up is painful. Fortunately we have people who can help us. We have adults around us who can guide us Posted by mark.kalie.kobi in A Very Gladwin Adventure | Apr 28, 2012
- Scotland: Glasgow and the Isle of CumbraeSaturday March 31st
Today we began our trip to Scotland. While most trips I've described thus far on the blog were planned by myself and a few Colgate friends, this was more of a field trip. Our Professor Damhnait Posted by tsholl90 in Ted in Wales | Apr 5, 2012
- Edinburgh quickly....So what a night! The beds were so crap i felt like i had springs sticking out of the mattress and they were cheap bunks so they made load of noise. So our lovely hostel was not so flash for Posted by Jeschristy in The Great European Adventure | Mar 28, 2012
- St Andrews and the mighty William Wallace's
We had to be up and out of our hostel 8am and to quickly get the car off the streets before we got a ticket so an early morning for us.. We struggled to find accommodation in edinburgh for 2 Posted by Jeschristy in The Great European Adventure | Mar 28, 2012
- The highlands of Scotland After a restful sleep we where up and on the road again.
Today we understand what they were talking about yesterday with the skies. we have a low cloud today so it is a little bit grey but maybe it Posted by Jeschristy in The Great European Adventure | Mar 28, 2012
- Travel day to Scotland Last night the Northern lights failed to show and we had minium sleep 2hours to be excat!
We are up again in the dark to catch the bus to the airport. Dominique is with us as she is fyling home so Posted by Jeschristy in The Great European Adventure | Mar 28, 2012
- Day 5: A Hasty Scottish Goodbye and Return to Familiar DigsSunday marked my last day in Edinburgh before departing for an overnight stay in Amsterdam, and thus I had a big decision to make regarding what I’d spend that time doing. I had heard wonderful things about [[http://www.rosslynchapel.org.uk/|Rosslyn Chape Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Mar 23, 2012
- Day 4: The Highlands and St. Patrick's in Scotland[[https://www.google.com/search?q=ron+burgundy+scotch&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=wkn&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=gspnT465CJG20AH49biOCQ&ved=0CEYQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=666|Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Down in mah bell Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Mar 19, 2012
- Day 3: Thrifting, Scotch and Victorian Kitsch!Out quite late the previous night, late night Facebook checking, catching up with what I’ve missed about the interminable GOP race, and actually being smart and booking a ticket for a Highlands bus tour Saturday (the initial plan was to Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Mar 18, 2012
- Day 1: A Lovely Edinburgh Welcome[i]“I always loathe the last entry, the one where you have to pack up the hours you spent living that constant state of newness into some neat summary, all the while not knowing when your next travel adventure will arrive Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Mar 15, 2012
- Day 19
It was great to have an easy day and I appreciated just being with Helen in her place. Later in the morning we went out with He Posted by Fletch1 in To Moscow and Back | Feb 18, 2012
- Day 18After yesterday it was good to have a very easy day and so Helen and I went shopping in the great city of Glasgow. It was such a contrast to a couple of days ago and I just wore Posted by Fletch1 in To Moscow and Back | Feb 17, 2012
- Arrived! :)Na het vroege opstaan zette ik snel voet in Edinburgh.
Daar dacht ik opgewacht te worden door de huisbaas, die echter niet uit zijn bed geraakte en
door Katja persoonlijk gewekt moest worden :D
De nightlife-dj slaagde er dan toch in om me Posted by ankevanroost in Hi there! xx Anke & Katja | Feb 12, 2012
- Last Few Days In ScotlandDomonic went to work on Monday morning and left me to let myself out, what a perfect gent, he even gave me some energy bars and gels as he is a triathlete and understands the need for nutrition. I left Posted by ukextremes in UK Coastal Bike Ride | Feb 11, 2012
- Downhill From HereI had to jump the turnstile at the toilets in John O' Groats as I was desperate, much to the annoyance of the attendant. After breakfast and packing I paid my 20p and received a nice smile in return. Managed Posted by ukextremes in UK Coastal Bike Ride | Feb 10, 2012
- Over The TopI took the coast route to Ullapool, via Gairloch. The weather was wet again, no wonder Scotland is so green. I had recovered well, but the riding was quite hard. My cycle computer had stopped working, although it is made Posted by ukextremes in UK Coastal Bike Ride | Feb 10, 2012
- South West ScotlandI camped near Annan and on getting going I decided I had 100 miles in my legs. The ride was beside the Solway Firth, which is beautiful on both sides, but the Scottish side reminded me of Devon where I Posted by ukextremes in UK Coastal Bike Ride | Feb 2, 2012
- Scotland pt.2
DW - Day 6: Cannich - Aviemore (the search for Nessie). Odometer Check - what's an odometer?
A nice relaxing sleep-in, happy days. Our focus for the day to find the mysterious Nessie, lying somewhere with the fa Posted by Team W in Wombat Tour | Jan 14, 2012
- Saturday, August 27, Day 21Our hotel was literally across the street from the Edinburgh Airport. We awoke at 6am for a 9:30am flight which was to take us from Edinburgh to Newark and from Newark to SFO. As we were having breakfast Posted by stevencavalli07 in Ireland/Scotland August 2011 | Jan 5, 2012
- Friday, August 26, Day 20This was moving day, once again. We had a wonderful breakfast at the Lodge and then hit the road back to Edinburgh. There was a fairly consistent rain throughout the journey. We entertained thoughts of driving to Posted by stevencavalli07 in Ireland/Scotland August 2011 | Jan 5, 2012
- Scotland pt.1
DW - When our original Christmas / NY plans were thrown out of whack a couple of months back, we went back to the drawing board... Russia? Egypt? France? Eventually I convinced a reluctant Loz that road-tripping Posted by Team W in Wombat Tour | Jan 4, 2012
- 1st December 2011Another really windy night, the van rocking all night long. Somehow our roof stayed together with just clothes lines to hold it in place. We need a new skylight so once again we head out to a caravan shop to Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Dec 4, 2011
- 30th November 2011This morning I did a very quick tour around Fort William but there wasn't much to see. Even the lake wasn't a highlight. On cold, wet, windy days everything just looks grey. So instead of hanging around town we decided Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Dec 4, 2011
- EdinburghDW - having heard so much about Edinburgh we decided a few months ago that we'd just go and see what all the fuss is about. Neither of us had a great passion to see Edinburgh (or Scotland, at that) Posted by Team W in Wombat Tour | Dec 1, 2011