Armadale coastline, Isle of Skye
The weather's getting cool, so I bought a much-needed wool hat.
Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 16, 2013
- Scotland - ArgyllOur last month has been spent working at a Bed & Breakfast, Melfort House, 30min drive south of Oban in county Argyll, Scotland. Here we have been able to experience rather than just see a place.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/520265/Loch_Melf Posted by reinandleah in REIN & LEAH'S EUROPEAN ADVENTURE | Sep 3, 2013
- An interesting taste!!! hi all,
Well I guess you've gotta give things ago once (well some things that is).... Went to a Highland Scottish night last night and they gave everyone a treat..... Can you guess what???..,.. Yep that's right.... Haggis.... I thought, Posted by JenneanB in A World away from Oz | Sep 2, 2013
- West Highland Way[center]
And we're off (with some new friends)!
A well-deserved rest
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/529454/l Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 9, 2013
- Kings of the Castle (of Edinburgh)=="I can not be a traitor, for I owe him no allegiance. He is not my Sovereign; he never received my homage; and whilst life is in this persecuted body, he never shall receive it." - Spoken by William Wallace Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Aug 31, 2013
- Sticky People[center]
Leaving our lovely, quiet campsite
And we embark on the West Highland Way!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 8, 2013
- OutcastTrudging through the city I feel like an outcast. Hiking boots, sloppily layered clothing, hair in wild disarray. We squeeze past women in summer dresses, men in trousers and button-down shirts. At shopping centers, the doormen look somewhere above my Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 7, 2013
- Outdoors EdinburghPleasure in a sun-baked back on a brisk Edinburgh morning. This week we get sun, and all the vacationers are out of caravan and tent to bask in its feeble rays. The smell of everyone else's good cooking all around. Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 6, 2013
- Free Comedy - Who's Laughing Now?==“This is a city of shifting light, of changing skies, of sudden vistas. A city so beautiful it breaks the heart again and again.” - Alexander McCall Smith==
===Irn Bru is the favourite soft drink of Scotland. It apparent Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Aug 28, 2013
- Living on the 'Fringe' of the Festival=="...for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Aug 25, 2013
- Scotland The Brave
After spending a busy week in London, catching up with Wills, Kate, and baby George, we then sought refuge in nearby Newbury with Lisa's friend Michelle. A few quiet days were spent rev Posted by happellfamily12 in La vita in quattro valigie | Aug 20, 2013
- 15th to 18th August - ScotlandThursday 15th August – Bath (England) to Edinburgh (Scotland)
Earliest start so far this morning – 4am the alarm went off and we were up, ready to go to Bristol airport for our 6.30am departure to Edinburgh. The lovely Jack Posted by tarah_nz in Our OE in 2-0-1-3 | Aug 20, 2013
- Enchanting EdinburghMy trip to Edinburgh was awesome! When I got off the bus to meet Steve at Waverley Station early Tuesday afternoon there were street performers and buskers in the parks and on street corners, and loads of people out Posted by SammyO in My gelato journey | Aug 11, 2013
- Top things in ScotlandBeing the last night, we thought it would be good to put together a top-five list of Scotland from each of us. Most of us couldn’t stick to just 5 things. They are listed in no particular order and feel Posted by joreilly in The Wapstra's in Scotland | Jul 13, 2013
- Proud, slightly uncoordinated puffins and dodgem toadletsWe left Isle of Skye last Saturday and headed to Oban further down the west coast of Scotland. It was a little sad to leave Skye after our week there as it is such a wonderful, relaxed, beautiful spot in Posted by joreilly in The Wapstra's in Scotland | Jul 13, 2013
- NessieFlew from London to Inverness with Emma on Wednesday and spent the afternoon in the Black Aisle. I love Inverness, it is so pretty and reminds me a lot of New Zealand..
This is Cromarty point... We were going to Posted by jessruthvk in Europe and beyond | Jul 6, 2013
- More on the Isle of SkyeWell, they say Tasmania has 4 seasons in one day, here on the Isle of Skye we can have 4 seasons in 5 minutes. Windy, then raining, then sunny, then warm, then raining and windy, then dry and calm, then Posted by joreilly in The Wapstra's in Scotland | Jul 4, 2013
- Scottish FoodScottish food can be intense(ly unhealthy) and I’m not sure our bodies have fully forgiven us yet, but in time they will understand our need to try local cuisine wherever we go.
Haggis, Neeps, and Tatties: Haggis is the world famous Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Jul 3, 2013
- Skye Back ScratcherHow does a sheep scratch its back?
On a campervan muffler.
That’s one of the lovely little things we saw on the Isle of Skye today. We have been here two days and we are all pretty much gob-smacked at how Posted by joreilly in The Wapstra's in Scotland | Jul 1, 2013
- What happened to the Blog?
What happened to the blog?
Nothing. We have just been so busy that I haven’t had a chance to write anything.
In the last 2 weeks, Moo has finished school, we have finished work, grandma 1 (Nan aka Helen, my mum) Posted by joreilly in The Wapstra's in Scotland | Jun 28, 2013
- North BerwickAfter a great night with David and Anne, who came over for dinner in the castle last night, we decided to drive down the coast for the day. Found this neat coastal town called North Berwick. It's history is ferrying Posted by Twortie in Haggis and Croissants.... | Jun 27, 2013
- Our room at the Castle.Known as the Alexander room. It's huge. I get 7 x 8 paces and that's without the wardrobes and ensuite. We overlook the main garden, the falconry and Archery range. Very nice.
The castle dates back to 1350, but with many Posted by Twortie in Haggis and Croissants.... | Jun 25, 2013
- Robert Smail's and Sons. Printing works.In a place called Innerleithen. Had heard about this place, so had to have a look. Like stepping back in time. Everything is here and still working from 1866. A water wheel provides power and you get to set and Posted by Twortie in Haggis and Croissants.... | Jun 23, 2013
- Sensational Scotland19th May
After a gruelling 9 hour coach ride with only 1 pit stop we arrived in Edinburgh, two day prior to the start of our group tour. Our hostel was surprisingly cosy, originally an old church that fell out of Posted by Wongderful in Ameizing Andventures | Jun 23, 2013
- The canal boat......it's been awhile since I updated, due to having no WIFI while we were on the canal boat.
We picked up the boat ok, and after a hand over, we set off up 2 locks and straight onto the Falkirk Wheel. Posted by Twortie in Haggis and Croissants.... | Jun 22, 2013