- Back to EdinburghAn 8.50am start for the trip back to Edinburgh. The bus seemed quite empty with only nine people on board.
Our first stop was at Corrieshalloch Gorge. We walked for about 10 minutes on a track with lots of wildflowers to Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 23, 2014
- Day 47 - Perth Awakening to sore necks and backs and numb legs and in need of breakfast, after showers Tori and Taran went down the road to Tesco to get some supplies, as during the night it dawned on us that this cabin Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 23, 2014
- Ullapool8.50am and it was time to leave my room at the Lynnfield Hotel. We had about an hour to look around Kirkwall, then we drove south to the ferry terminal. We were back in mainland Scotland by 12.30pm.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/644083/large_ Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 23, 2014
- Kirkwall againI planned this trip to celebrate my birthday in the Orkney Islands … and here it is!. Thanks to everyone who sent me birthday wishes.
I had a 9am pickup for our day exploring the mainland island of the Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 22, 2014
- KirkwallAn early start at 8am today because we have a ferry to catch. We spent the morning travelling north with only a couple of short stops. We stopped at a large Tesco supermarket to buy lunch to eat on the Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 20, 2014
- InvernessI had to leave my room in the lovely Rosedale Hotel in Portree. When I first saw my room I was disappointed, the room was tiny, but when I saw the view of the harbour I quickly forgot about the Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 20, 2014
- Portree againToday marks the half-way point of my trip. I’m living in the moment and loving every day of travel. I’m so glad I’ve been writing this blog because I’ve been to so many places and seen so much that it’s Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 18, 2014
- PortreeA 9am pickup and it’s time to move on from Oban. Before leaving we went high above the town for a great view.
We made Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 16, 2014
- Oban againA very early start today with pickup at 6.45am. The reason for the early start was to catch the 7am ferry across to the Isle of Mull. The ferry ride took about 45 minutes, then back on the bus for Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 15, 2014
- ScotlandWe have been blessed by the generosity of friends once again, staying near Aberdeen in a small village called Alford. Pete and Margi and their four children have been gracious hosts and we are once again feeling very spoilt. Posted by djssj in The big trip | Jul 15, 2014
- ObanI walked the short distance across North Bridge to the meeting place for my next tour. The tour was supposed to start at 9am - one person had checked in but didn’t turn up to the bus until 9.20am! We Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 14, 2014
- EdinburghWe said goodbye to The Lakes and had a great trip to Edinburgh. What a beautiful city. Kids were in their element visiting the castle and it took some convincing to tell James we couldn't watch the Tattoo Posted by djssj in The big trip | Jul 14, 2014
- Edinburgh ... still hereAt 10am I did the Edinburgh free walking tour. A lot of people turned up and we were divided into two groups. My guide Dave was very animated as he led us around the streets, telling us stories about the Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 13, 2014
- Edinburgh againFeeling a bit lazy this morning and didn’t get going until 10am. Heading across North Bridge and along Waterloo Place I came across Old Calton Burial Ground and stopped for a short look before continuing to Calton Hill.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 12, 2014
- EdinburghAnother flight done:
Dublin to Edinburgh (Aer Lingus but operated by Stobart Air)
I went out for a 7am walk … one last chance to find something to like about Dublin. No, Dublin just doesn’t appeal to me.
I left the hotel Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 11, 2014
- Happy Canada Day!This morning the fog has rolled in and has made our view from the hotel very picturesque. The blue sky and sun is making this a very good day indeed. After our breakie, of always fried Posted by tno in Toni & Norine | Jul 1, 2014
- FORE!!!!You can't tell but I'm blogging this while standing at the small hotel's reception area in Laggan, Scotland. The ONLY place to get wifi. It's been 2 hours of standing here. Gotta love technology!
Early start to Posted by tno in Toni & Norine | Jul 1, 2014
- Shid ald akwentans bee firgot an nivir braucht ti mynd?Can you believe it? Another alarm day to get up to. Our night in York is over but first we must do the tour of the town. Naturally there was a church or ten involved. The streets Posted by tno in Toni & Norine | Jun 30, 2014
- My last entry.Well here it is. The last blog entry. I can't believe it's time! I feel like I've been gone for much longer than I have, but it still seems surreal to think I'll be back in Colorado tomorrow night. I Posted by kbuck0828 in Wandering Wonderland | Jun 25, 2014
- Got my adventure on.Fort William definitely wins the award for coolest place in Scotland, hands down! My last night and day there were even better than the rest. I spent my last evening hanging out with a couple girls that work at the Posted by kbuck0828 in Wandering Wonderland | Jun 22, 2014
- Fort William is what I've been waiting for!I love Fort William! After just a few hours here I knew we were going to get along quite well. It is beautiful of course, the true highlands are here. Lovely big hills, bathed in rich green, all topped off Posted by kbuck0828 in Wandering Wonderland | Jun 20, 2014
- Too much time in InvernessOk I know it has been a while since my last entry, but honestly there just hasn't been enough going on in Inverness to write a whole entry about. So don't worry (Mom), I'm not dead, just a little bored. Posted by kbuck0828 in Wandering Wonderland | Jun 17, 2014
- Scotland at last.I'm here. I am really truly here. I have dreamed of seeing Scotland for so many years that it's hard to believe I made it. I had a very long bus ride from London, but we got into Scotland right Posted by kbuck0828 in Wandering Wonderland | Jun 13, 2014
- Throw some more mud on the fire motherWhen Christopher Columbus set off to discover the new world he left from Portugal. This was a very important decision. Had he departed from the Inner or Outer Hebrides we would never have had Fast Food, the Internet or Bottled Posted by Wheelspin in Who needs a holiday - I need sedatiation | Jun 9, 2014
- 4. A Day in the CountryIt is raining. It's not particularly cold, but it's wet. It was another warm sunny day when we boarded our tour bus to drive to Loch Lomond. We drove through some beautiful green countryside, complete with huge Posted by Follow Carol in Ireland | Jun 7, 2014