- Beginning of Scotland My first real train ride from country to country and I loved it I can see now why Jordan prefers it. Its such a great way to see the country side and all the little towns along the way, it Posted by apolloandathena in Adventure Extrodinaire! | Oct 9, 2012
- Seg-sational!Breakfast this morning crossed another item of Scottish cuisine off the list - we have now eaten square sausage (aka Lorne sausage). Not bad, not bad at all - and now I want to try Quorn sausage (the vegetarian Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Oct 8, 2012
- Whiskey.Yet another breakfast full of thankyous this morning - if we were staying here any longer, I think I'd have to do some speech therapy with this woman to improve her expressive vocabulary!
I'm feeling brave this morning (and Simon must Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Oct 8, 2012
- Thank you Newtonmore!This morning started with a very thankful breakfast... The lady from the hotel must have said 'thankyou' to us at least one bazillion times in the process of serving us breakfast. And with a rising intonation, dragging out the Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Oct 7, 2012
- A stirling day in StirlingThe day starts with a delicious breakfast, including our first black pudding experience. I admit I'm not the biggest fan, but Simon takes to it with gusto. Moira has a good ol' chat, and gives us a map Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Oct 7, 2012
- A wheely good dayAnother glorious sunny (but still cold) morning in Edinburgh. We all head into town for some breakfast - found a nice cafe but we then discover that the fellow patron is not so nice. A mouthy, loud, cocky Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Oct 5, 2012
- EdinburghWe were in a fog in Scotland, literally and because we were jetlagged to the buhjesus. We had arrived in London at 7 a.m. with a brief layover before flying to Edinburgh, (pronounced Edinborough). Chris didn't sleep a wink on Posted by skiddaddle in Hunnymewn | Sep 25, 2012
- Exploring EdinburghAh what a lovely sleep! Since we're staying two nights in our luxurious Edinburgh apartments, we don't have to pack everything up this morning - such a good feeling!
Simon and I head into town and do the ultimate condensed Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Oct 3, 2012
- Haggis huntingToday started nice and early with a phone call from Gus, checking to make sure we remembered that we had agreed to go fishing. Yes, we did remember, and yes, we were slightly regretting that decision now that Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Oct 2, 2012
- Bagpipes and Sheep HeartsI went to Edinburgh, Scotland for a day with my mom and grandma. We got off the train and right there was a bagpiper! They are so loud and they're everywhere. They usually wear kilts and knee-socks. We went across Posted by IsabelK in Klemmerabilia | Sep 9, 2012
- Dundee!Monopoly Deal update - scores are Alison: 5, Simon: 4. Also taught Simon to play two handed five hundred last night, and it's one-nil my way so far.
Breakfast was just as good as dinner last night - Simon had Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Oct 2, 2012
- Cheers, Edinburgh!After a slow start to the morning (which involves eating fudge for breakfast and watching a British house hunting show) we head out to a couple of whisky shops so Matt can buy a bottle to take back to the Posted by GoWander in Scotland | Sep 27, 2012
- The quintessential Scotland in StonehavenWe wake up at 7 a.m. and get ready for a day trip two hours north to Stonehaven, a small seaside town on the North Sea. But with the worst September storm to hit Great Britain in three decades having Posted by GoWander in Scotland | Sep 26, 2012
- A sampling of UK guilty pleasuresExhausted from a busy few days, we sleep in late this morning and head out for breakfast at about 10:30 a.m. We grab a table at the Southern Cross Cafe (where we had eaten last week) and order two cappuccinos, Posted by GoWander in Scotland | Sep 25, 2012
- Stirling, the heart of ScotlandWe wake up early for our day trip north into the central Highlands to Stirling, a city that has had vital importance to the history of Scotland. The morning is cloudy and cold; we grab layer after layer of quick-dry Posted by GoWander in Scotland | Sep 24, 2012
- A (long) walk on the wild sideWe wake up a little after 8 a.m. and walk into New Town, where we grab breakfast at a little cafe on George Street called Caffe Centro. It's a bright, tasteful eatery that is already nearly filled with people. Matt Posted by GoWander in Scotland | Sep 23, 2012
- Everywhere is walking distance if you have the timeI wake up early with Matt so we can go to breakfast together before his conference. We stop at one of the few places near our flat that opens at 8:30—Garfunkel's restaurant on the Royal Mile. We grab a seat Posted by GoWander in Scotland | Sep 22, 2012
- Mary King's Close, a slice of the 17th century The sun is shining and the air crisp when Matt leaves for his conference; I make a cup of Nescafe to ease into the morning. I decide to start the day with a trip underground to Mary King's Close, which Posted by GoWander in Scotland | Sep 21, 2012
- There's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothingAfter a pretty good streak of weather, the luck runs out today. The forecast calls for rain pretty much all day, with temperatures at about 52 degrees. I pack up my rain gear, Gor-Tex boots and base layers, and walk Posted by GoWander in Scotland | Sep 20, 2012
- Royal Mile = royally hard on my walletThe morning is sunny, the forecast clear of any rain. After Matt leaves for work, I put on my hiking gear and head east down the Royal Mile toward Holyrood Park, stopping at a few shops along the way. I Posted by GoWander in Scotland | Sep 19, 2012
- Oasis in the cityWe both wake up early and, at about 8 a.m., walk out into the cold streets to grab breakfast together before Matt leaves for work. We stop at every cafe and coffee shop we see, figuring that people would be Posted by GoWander in Scotland | Sep 18, 2012
- 3 days in Och-Aye LandSO I got my flight for that last week of summer. I went to Glasgow from Friday August 31st to Monday September 3rd and had an AMAZING time there.
I flew out of Paris, which meant, of course, getting there. Posted by awebb050 in Vie, la France | Sep 17, 2012
- Into the countrysideBoth of our phone alarms wake us up at 6:45 a.m. sharp, and Matt gets ready to go to work while I get ready for my day trip to Pitlochry. We are both out the door at 7:50 and go Posted by GoWander in Scotland | Sep 17, 2012
- Wind, whisky and wild ScotsWe wake up at 9 a.m. after a good night’s sleep and decide that we’ll spend the day visiting the Edinburgh Castle, the most famous attraction in the city.
We have breakfast at a coffee house café on Cockburn called Posted by GoWander in Scotland | Sep 16, 2012
- Scotland - Arriving back on the mainland we headed down towards England. Having taken 11 days to explore the west and the Orkneys, we now had 3 days before having to return the car in Manchester ... Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Sep 16, 2012