- Thursday we headed for Loch LomondThursday 7 August 2014
After a brief but lovely stay in Inverness we packed our bags and headed off towards our next stop – Drymen. Our day mainly consisted of driving with the occasional little stop on the way.
Just Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 8, 2014
- Wednesday we headed for InvernessWe had a big day of travelling ahead of us, so we were one the road by 9.00 am. Our wee hoose in Edinburgh was great. The owner Lorraine was great to deal with. Warm, friendly and helpful.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/659689/large_P1030790.jp Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 8, 2014
- Edinburgh, Day OneOur flight went just as planned: long. As we flew the opposite direction of the sun, night came quickly. And went quickly. While that wreaked havoc with our sleep patterns for a while, it treated yours Posted by Dunnie in Exploring our Roots | Aug 7, 2014
- Fern hits ScotlandHi 7NA,
So we are now in Scotland but I haven’t told you all about my last adventures in England yet!
Once we had been to Goole we went to York. York is a medieval town with history of vikings, romans and Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 7, 2014
- Tuesday 5 August 2014 - Tracing our Scottish AncestoryToday is the day when I am hopefully going to find out a little more about my Grandfather,
Samuel Reid who left Scotland around 1911 bound for New Zealand.
We left the house here in Edinburgh at 10am and headed off Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 6, 2014
- Day 50 - StirlingToday we went to the town of Stirling, just 40mins down the road. It's a very nice town, nicer that Perth. Lots of lovely buildings and cobbled streets.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 24, 2014
- Day 49 - Kinnoullin HillAnother catchup day today. Washing, shopping and other things to be done. Tori, the girls and I went to Tesco to get some grocery supplies and while there were asked to do a product test. On the menu today was Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 24, 2014
- Day 48 - EdinburghNote - We've had a little trouble with our camera memory card reader and haven't been able to load photos, but have a new one now and have caught up, so there are now photos for the Giants Causeway day Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 24, 2014
- More Edinburgh23 July 2014
I had a nice lie in this morning after an unplanned late night. Around 11.30pm when I was about to go to sleep I could hear water running in my bathroom. The person in the room above had Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 24, 2014
- Back to EdinburghAn 8.50am start for the trip back to Edinburgh. The bus seemed quite empty with only nine people on board.
Our first stop was at Corrieshalloch Gorge. We walked for about 10 minutes on a track with lots of wildflowers to Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 23, 2014
- Day 47 - Perth Awakening to sore necks and backs and numb legs and in need of breakfast, after showers Tori and Taran went down the road to Tesco to get some supplies, as during the night it dawned on us that this cabin Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 23, 2014
- Ullapool8.50am and it was time to leave my room at the Lynnfield Hotel. We had about an hour to look around Kirkwall, then we drove south to the ferry terminal. We were back in mainland Scotland by 12.30pm.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/644083/large_ Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 23, 2014
- Kirkwall againI planned this trip to celebrate my birthday in the Orkney Islands … and here it is!. Thanks to everyone who sent me birthday wishes.
I had a 9am pickup for our day exploring the mainland island of the Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 22, 2014
- KirkwallAn early start at 8am today because we have a ferry to catch. We spent the morning travelling north with only a couple of short stops. We stopped at a large Tesco supermarket to buy lunch to eat on the Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 20, 2014
- InvernessI had to leave my room in the lovely Rosedale Hotel in Portree. When I first saw my room I was disappointed, the room was tiny, but when I saw the view of the harbour I quickly forgot about the Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 20, 2014
- Portree againToday marks the half-way point of my trip. I’m living in the moment and loving every day of travel. I’m so glad I’ve been writing this blog because I’ve been to so many places and seen so much that it’s Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 18, 2014
- PortreeA 9am pickup and it’s time to move on from Oban. Before leaving we went high above the town for a great view.
We made Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 16, 2014
- Oban againA very early start today with pickup at 6.45am. The reason for the early start was to catch the 7am ferry across to the Isle of Mull. The ferry ride took about 45 minutes, then back on the bus for Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 15, 2014
- ScotlandWe have been blessed by the generosity of friends once again, staying near Aberdeen in a small village called Alford. Pete and Margi and their four children have been gracious hosts and we are once again feeling very spoilt. Posted by djssj in The big trip | Jul 15, 2014
- ObanI walked the short distance across North Bridge to the meeting place for my next tour. The tour was supposed to start at 9am - one person had checked in but didn’t turn up to the bus until 9.20am! We Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 14, 2014
- EdinburghWe said goodbye to The Lakes and had a great trip to Edinburgh. What a beautiful city. Kids were in their element visiting the castle and it took some convincing to tell James we couldn't watch the Tattoo Posted by djssj in The big trip | Jul 14, 2014
- Edinburgh ... still hereAt 10am I did the Edinburgh free walking tour. A lot of people turned up and we were divided into two groups. My guide Dave was very animated as he led us around the streets, telling us stories about the Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 13, 2014
- Edinburgh againFeeling a bit lazy this morning and didn’t get going until 10am. Heading across North Bridge and along Waterloo Place I came across Old Calton Burial Ground and stopped for a short look before continuing to Calton Hill.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 12, 2014
- EdinburghAnother flight done:
Dublin to Edinburgh (Aer Lingus but operated by Stobart Air)
I went out for a 7am walk … one last chance to find something to like about Dublin. No, Dublin just doesn’t appeal to me.
I left the hotel Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 11, 2014
- Happy Canada Day!This morning the fog has rolled in and has made our view from the hotel very picturesque. The blue sky and sun is making this a very good day indeed. After our breakie, of always fried Posted by tno in Toni & Norine | Jul 1, 2014