- The matter of small things
With less than twenty four hours to go before departure ... time to print off boarding passes. We were ready to go... or were we? Something caught my eye. I was neatly folding the two pieces of paper Posted by Westender in As I Walked Out | Oct 26, 2012
- The time is now
A journey of a thousand li starts beneath one’s feet" ... and just now my feet are itching ... I feel ready to go. My bags ain't pac Posted by Westender in As I Walked Out | Oct 26, 2012
- Fort William==Fort William==
We woke up to a very misty morning, walked down to the bus stop and took a quick 2 hour bus ride to Fort William.
Our hotel & the views outside our hotel:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/486913/IMG_1279.jpg thumb=http:/ Posted by blake-michelle in Blake & Michelle VS The World | Oct 25, 2012
- Scotland!So this past weekend, the Flint kids made it up to Scotland. We finally made it there. Scotland may possibly be my favorite place to visit of all the countries so far and is going to be a place that Posted by CDUBS in Germany and Europe Done the Right Way! | Oct 24, 2012
The lowest crossing point of the River Ness- one of the shortest rivers in the world. I wouldn't want to fall in, looks real fast flowing, be washed out to sea in no time...
We got here by bus from Edinburgh Posted by blake-michelle in Blake & Michelle VS The World | Oct 22, 2012
- Edinburgh==Edinburgh, Scotland==
Well first things first. We made it through customs without a hassle (not that we'd done anything wrong) which was a great relief after some of the stories we've heard recently. We took the airport bus into the city Posted by blake-michelle in Blake & Michelle VS The World | Oct 18, 2012
- Short Stop in ScotlandOur next destination was a short trip to Edinburgh, Scotland. Isabel was the only kid to go to Scotland for the day, due to a lengthy train ride, but she feels it was well worth it! Scotland is just north Posted by lschmidt in Learning Through Exploring | Sep 10, 2012
- Drive through the Highlands and around the Isle of SkyeWe rented a car in Edinburgh for a week so we could get around the country a little quicker and see as much as we could in our two weeks in the UK. Heres a little map to kind of Posted by apolloandathena in Adventure Extrodinaire! | Oct 14, 2012
- Haste ye backGood morning world - time to get up and catch a fairly small boat to Northern Ireland! We all got breakfasted and hit the road nice and early, so that we could have a meandering drive down to Campbeltown, Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Oct 12, 2012
- Rain!Well I hardly slept a wink last night - all the noise from the traffic kept me up... NOT! Definitely the quietest night's sleep we've had for awhile.
Started the day with a hearty Scottish breakfast, including Cockburn's black pudding Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Oct 12, 2012
- The best picnic of all time.Hmm you're all lucky I'm sober enough to compile this entry... Especially given that we are currently staying 100m from a pub! Dangerous territory, particularly when the Welsh family are involved :P
We actually got up early this morning and Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Oct 11, 2012
- GlasgowGood morning Glasgow! Well we jumped on the bus into the city, all ready to do the walking tour of Glasgow. But when we got there, it was no more. Cancelled. No longer existent. An Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Oct 10, 2012
- Beginning of Scotland My first real train ride from country to country and I loved it I can see now why Jordan prefers it. Its such a great way to see the country side and all the little towns along the way, it Posted by apolloandathena in Adventure Extrodinaire! | Oct 9, 2012
- Seg-sational!Breakfast this morning crossed another item of Scottish cuisine off the list - we have now eaten square sausage (aka Lorne sausage). Not bad, not bad at all - and now I want to try Quorn sausage (the vegetarian Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Oct 8, 2012
- Whiskey.Yet another breakfast full of thankyous this morning - if we were staying here any longer, I think I'd have to do some speech therapy with this woman to improve her expressive vocabulary!
I'm feeling brave this morning (and Simon must Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Oct 8, 2012
- Thank you Newtonmore!This morning started with a very thankful breakfast... The lady from the hotel must have said 'thankyou' to us at least one bazillion times in the process of serving us breakfast. And with a rising intonation, dragging out the Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Oct 7, 2012
- A stirling day in StirlingThe day starts with a delicious breakfast, including our first black pudding experience. I admit I'm not the biggest fan, but Simon takes to it with gusto. Moira has a good ol' chat, and gives us a map Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Oct 7, 2012
- A wheely good dayAnother glorious sunny (but still cold) morning in Edinburgh. We all head into town for some breakfast - found a nice cafe but we then discover that the fellow patron is not so nice. A mouthy, loud, cocky Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Oct 5, 2012
- EdinburghWe were in a fog in Scotland, literally and because we were jetlagged to the buhjesus. We had arrived in London at 7 a.m. with a brief layover before flying to Edinburgh, (pronounced Edinborough). Chris didn't sleep a wink on Posted by skiddaddle in Hunnymewn | Sep 25, 2012
- Exploring EdinburghAh what a lovely sleep! Since we're staying two nights in our luxurious Edinburgh apartments, we don't have to pack everything up this morning - such a good feeling!
Simon and I head into town and do the ultimate condensed Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Oct 3, 2012
- Haggis huntingToday started nice and early with a phone call from Gus, checking to make sure we remembered that we had agreed to go fishing. Yes, we did remember, and yes, we were slightly regretting that decision now that Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Oct 2, 2012
- Bagpipes and Sheep HeartsI went to Edinburgh, Scotland for a day with my mom and grandma. We got off the train and right there was a bagpiper! They are so loud and they're everywhere. They usually wear kilts and knee-socks. We went across Posted by IsabelK in Klemmerabilia | Sep 9, 2012
- Dundee!Monopoly Deal update - scores are Alison: 5, Simon: 4. Also taught Simon to play two handed five hundred last night, and it's one-nil my way so far.
Breakfast was just as good as dinner last night - Simon had Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Oct 2, 2012
- Cheers, Edinburgh!After a slow start to the morning (which involves eating fudge for breakfast and watching a British house hunting show) we head out to a couple of whisky shops so Matt can buy a bottle to take back to the Posted by GoWander in Scotland | Sep 27, 2012
- The quintessential Scotland in StonehavenWe wake up at 7 a.m. and get ready for a day trip two hours north to Stonehaven, a small seaside town on the North Sea. But with the worst September storm to hit Great Britain in three decades having Posted by GoWander in Scotland | Sep 26, 2012