- Too much time in InvernessOk I know it has been a while since my last entry, but honestly there just hasn't been enough going on in Inverness to write a whole entry about. So don't worry (Mom), I'm not dead, just a little bored. Posted by kbuck0828 in Wandering Wonderland | Jun 17, 2014
- Scotland at last.I'm here. I am really truly here. I have dreamed of seeing Scotland for so many years that it's hard to believe I made it. I had a very long bus ride from London, but we got into Scotland right Posted by kbuck0828 in Wandering Wonderland | Jun 13, 2014
- Throw some more mud on the fire motherWhen Christopher Columbus set off to discover the new world he left from Portugal. This was a very important decision. Had he departed from the Inner or Outer Hebrides we would never have had Fast Food, the Internet or Bottled Posted by Wheelspin in Who needs a holiday - I need sedatiation | Jun 9, 2014
- 4. A Day in the CountryIt is raining. It's not particularly cold, but it's wet. It was another warm sunny day when we boarded our tour bus to drive to Loch Lomond. We drove through some beautiful green countryside, complete with huge Posted by Follow Carol in Ireland | Jun 7, 2014
- 3. A Beautiful Day for a CastleIt may surprise no one that I am in the hotel lounge enjoying a glass of wine. It has been a full day. We met our guide in front of a small museum on the Royal Mile. Posted by Follow Carol in Ireland | Jun 6, 2014
- 2. Breakfast in EdinburghI am sitting in one of several sitting rooms in the hotel. I've had my breakfast and am continuing to drink coffee as I check emails and blog. It is a nice cool morning in Scotland.
The journey Posted by Follow Carol in Ireland | Jun 6, 2014
- Wilderness ExpeditionAnd that bus brought us back to Moffat where uncle and auntie were waiting for us. Had meringue outside in the sunshine for tea. Chilled outside talking and taking photos of the garden. Then a grand old dinner.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/6 Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | May 25, 2014
- Edinburgh“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”
― Marcel Proust
Got up pretty early on Tuesday morning, had a yummy breakfast of oats, black pudding, sausages, eggs, some random cake. The oats were Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | May 25, 2014
- Scotland Scotland! Oh joyful land of my youth. Okay, lots of my 'literary youth' was based in the UK, and not much in Scotland actually haha.
Pre-impression: Scotland is the rougher hardier more solid cousin of Ireland. With the same celtic Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | May 25, 2014
- Pierowall Goodbyes[center]
Another cozy kitchen where we could escape the wind and rain
When it was too damp outside, all we did was play Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 31, 2013
- Puffin Watching[center]
On a puffin hunt, but first we stop by a castle/fort
Maybe a few walls are missing
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 29, 2013
- The Island of Hoy[center]
We land on Hoy and are greeted with a wall of fog
Our favorite hiking food, yogurt
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 26, 2013
- An Easier Hiking Day[center]
This is where we thought we might have seen an orca!
Dorky / cool (or just dorky / dorky)
[img=http://ph Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 22, 2013
- In Search of Lost SunglassesDuring the end of our long hike yesterday (some time after dark), a certain someone lost his sunglasses, so we spent the day retracing our steps and looking in brush and down cliff sides. Alas, no luck. At least it Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 21, 2013
- Trotternish Peninsula[center]
And so we embark on a 30+ km in the middle of the day. Idiots.
Old Man Storr is somewhere around here
[img= Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 20, 2013
- Day 8: Last Day of the WHW[center]
The town of Kinlochleven rests peacefully below us
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/529454/ Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 15, 2013
- Day 7: Glen Coe Area[center]
I think we're starting to get used to this West Highland Way thing
A famous old inn built in the 17th century
Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 14, 2013
- Off AgainWe got our rental car from Alamo when we arrived at Manchester Airport. It is a Seat Leon and goes really well. The freeway from Manchester to Jean's house was 3 lanes all the way and took about Posted by Bulli Cruzers in Off Again | May 11, 2014
- Day 6: West Highland Blah Blah[center]
The going is painful
Shatter Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 13, 2013
- Day 5 and the Exhaustion Continues[center]
The highlands are getting higher
Pebbly little burn
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/529454/large_P71 Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 12, 2013
- Day 4 of the WHW, Falling ApartNot so many pictures today because we are dead tired (and possibly fighting).
Where we wild-camped last night because we got too tired to go on.
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 11, 2013
- Is It Really Only Day 3?[center]
Our first overcast day since we started hiking
Nice peaceful forest walk
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 10, 2013
- Arthur's Seat, Edinburgh[center]
They make this royal treasure collection look like some cheesy Disneyland ride entrance
Won't you let us into Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 5, 2013
- First Day in Scotland[center]
We were so tired we fell asleep on a park bench
How very British!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/ Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jul 4, 2013
- 2012 E2 SCOTLAND===HEADING NORTH FROM YORK===
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Apr 16, 2012