- Beer and haggis and chippies...I got up early despite having gone to bed around 3am. I decided to walk around the town before meeting up with Pip and Stephen.
I walked into the city center and made my way up to Edinburgh Castle. Posted by Glichez in Europe 2016 | Mar 12, 2016
- Edinburgh... and a date!Departure day from Iceland - time to head to Scotland!
The weather in Reykjavik was terrible this morning: the wind was extremely strong, making it difficult to walk around at times. I spent the morning walking around Posted by Glichez in Europe 2016 | Mar 11, 2016
- Funburgh in SumburghWe have learned to totally disregard the weather forecast in Shetland. It is not possible to make weather-dependent plans in advance - it is much better to look out the window and decide what to do depending on the Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jul 27, 2016
- Broch & rollSunday was a lazy day – a day for Skyping, walking the dogs, and booking flights to Prague. As you do. We took the dogs down to one of the nearby beaches and encountered a dead sheep AND Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jul 21, 2016
- BrochstarsOur adventure on The Day After We Saw Killer Whales was a little more low-key - which is probably just as well, as it would have been exhausting to sustain that level of excitement for too long. Sometimes you Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jul 17, 2016
- Shetland shenanigansOn Monday we trundled into Lerwick on the bus, and it was everything you could want from a bus ride – clean, comfortable, quiet, scenic. Excellent work Shetland. We wandered the shops of Lerwick, and it seemed that Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jul 14, 2016
- Puffins, planes and pre-historic settlementsThursday morning rolled around and we rolled into Lerwick. Even though the boat docked at 7am, passengers were permitted to remain onboard and consume breakfast until 9.30am. How very civilised!
We enjoyed our reasonably priced continental breakfast bu Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jul 9, 2016
- Bruce's final adventuresTuesday morning was tinged with sadness, because we woke up in a Lois-and-Tony-less caravan park. It was also considerably less full than it had been over the weekend, and a new mob of non-folkie related travellers began to arrive.
We Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jun 4, 2016
- The Adventures of Bruce and BrunoWe started the Orkney Folk Festival weekend in a very pleasant way indeed - with a walk around the golf course! We spotted seals and golfers, and a rather hipster looking fellow with beard, kilt and dog in tow. Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | May 30, 2016
- The Adventures of Bruce and BrunoSaturday brought sunshine in Glasgow - again! We definitely found it easier to appreciate the city in these pleasant weather conditions, compared to previous visits when the weather had been a little more... inclement. The morning's mission was Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | May 25, 2016
- PPPGood morning Glasgow! This morning we saw Glasgow without rain - a first in the three visits we have made to this city. And doesn't a bit of sunshine brighten the place up a bit?
We embraced our cultural Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | May 20, 2016
- Arran James Carlton Craig!It's been so long since blogging, I feel a bit out of the loop, combined with any inspiration and creativity which seem to have temporarily gone on holiday (along with patience)..
I'm writing this in the newborn fog, where night Posted by africraigs in africraigs | May 20, 2016
- Farewell FeodorYesterday morning we had another amazing breakfast - pancakes this time - and compared travel plans with our fellow guests, from Germany. We set off in the misty rain to Urquhart Castle (Historic Scotland strikes again) and there we Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | May 19, 2016
- Making the most of the coastYesterday we left Aberdeen and enjoyed a particularly scenic drive along the east coast of Scotland, despite Feodora’s insistence on finding the quickest route. We kept telling her that we wanted the prettiest route, but she wouldn’t listen, so Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | May 17, 2016
- EurovisionaryAberdeen, the Granite City of greyness lived up to expectations and has given us a package of weather that contrasted sharply with the glory of Dundee. It really was too much to ask for a whole week of sunshine, Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | May 15, 2016
- Abbeys, snowballs and icecreamOn Friday morning we farewelled Mawbray and crossed the line that divides England and Scotland. We met Hannah at Flotterstone and she took us for a walk up hill, down hill, up hill, down hill, up hill, down hill Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | May 12, 2016
[center]VIDEO => [[https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3GWF8oP1zQ1azNWZU5FWjBvcDQ/view?usp=sharing]][/center]
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/825587/IMG_7308.jpg thumb=http:/ Posted by Vinanj in Vinanj | Aug 21, 2014
So I'm really not good at the whole "keep the blog updated" thing... Sorry. I am still alive, and there will be two posts today since I've been bad and as far as you know I am in Edinburgh.
Edinburgh Posted by jennamiller in And So The Adventure Begins... | Mar 30, 2016
- PlanningAll ferries and accommodation now booked, apart from accommodation on the way to Scrabster and on the way back.
It will be a very long drive.
Fingers crossed that the weather will be better than at the same time last year, when Posted by Wendyanne in North with Dad 2016 | Jan 20, 2016
- Torridon Trip: Day 7 (2nd Jan) We had a lovely lie in and a cooked breakfast in the cottage.
We drove to the outskirts of Torridon and did a 2 mile walk with Bobby. The predicted rain never arrived and we enjoyed a peaceful walk around Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Jan 3, 2016
- Torridon Trip: Day 6 (1st Jan) We had a nice lie in and then treated ourselves to a cooked breakfast.
At 11am we headed out to do a walk on the Kinlochdamph estate. As we headed out we bumped into some neighbours who were going out Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Jan 2, 2016
- Torridon Trip: Day 5 (31st Dec) We had breakfast at the cottage and then drove to nearby Shieldaig. The 5km Shieldaig peninsula walk turned out to be stunning - both in terms of scenery and weather. The walk took in both rugged mountain scenery Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Jan 1, 2016
- Torridon Trip: Day 4 (30th Dec) We had a lovely lie in and then a super cooked breakfast of egg muffins at the cottage.
We decided to do a walk around the Kinlochdamph Estate and not venture out in the car.
We did a 4.5 mile walk around Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Dec 31, 2015
- Torridon Trip: Day 3 (29th Dec)After breakfast we ventured out towards Plockton. It was a colder day than yesterday but with glimpses of sunshine and blue sky. We stopped at a tiny hamlet called Achmore and did a 5km walk which took in Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Dec 30, 2015
- Torridon Trip: Day 2 (28th Dec)After breakfast we ventured outside to an unusually warm day (14.5 degrees). As the weather was so calm and mild we decided to rearrange our plans and go via the usually treacherous in winter 'Bealach Na Ba' road to Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Dec 29, 2015