- Day 35 John O’Groats - Invergarry, ScotlandReluctantly, we packed up our unit at John O’Groats. Washing was done once again. Not sure if some of our clothes will ever fit us as we couldn’t stop the darn thing the first night and it must have dried Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 17, 2016
- Day 34 Orkney, ScotlandTuesday, 16 August 2016… What a great place to wake up. No creaking floors, no slamming doors and a bed that doesn’t cripple you. The sun was shining brightly very early. I must have forgotten how to make toast as Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 17, 2016
- Day 33 John O’Groats, ScotlandIt’s sad sometimes to leave hotels, especially the ones that don’t have threadbare carpet and don’t have a rumbling chimney outside your window. Even though we only had one night at Dornock, it was a memorable stay with a game Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 15, 2016
- Day 32 Dornoch, ScotlandAfter being woken at 5.24 with the blower from the kitchen, the day looked to be off to a bad start. Breakfast was ok and we were packed and on our way as soon as possible. We saw a sign Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 14, 2016
- Day 31 Nairn, ScotlandScotland is an amazing place. Yesterday we had fifty miles an hour winds blowing us backwards on the golf course. This morning, we looked outside our bedroom window at the Fairmont and the view was just unbelievable – clear blue Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 13, 2016
- Day 30 St. Andrews, ScotlandToday was one of those days when you just can’t believe how luck can come your way. Thirty-eight years married today as well. I timed out stay here at St Andrews to celebrate this special occasion.
Our day started quite early Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 12, 2016
- Day 29 St. Andrews, ScotlandFinding accommodation on this trip has been difficult due to school holidays. Everywhere we go, things are booked out. We managed to phone and secure a bed and breakfast yesterday morning. The room was spacious, breakfast was good and the Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 11, 2016
- Day 28 Stirling, ScotlandWe have to say that this hotel we moved to was great – Piersland Hotel. We enjoyed the Marine as well but this one was very relaxing and spacious. We had our own little cabin which would be great if Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 10, 2016
- Day 27 Troon, ScotlandAfter a restless night, we managed to get ourselves up for breakfast. I think we watched the Olympics for too long!! Thought I would try some haggis with breakfast but it looked like doggy do so didn’t have too much.
We Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 10, 2016
- Day 26 Troon, ScotlandWe’re in Scotland and we are a bit ahead of schedule but you can only look at so many castles, cathedrals and ruins.
Believe it or not, the sun was shining on Lake Windemere this morning so we dashed to the Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Aug 8, 2016
- Good times in GlasgowHello again Glasgow! We met Elaine and John at our apartment for the night, and managed to fit in a quick load of washing before heading out to Jinty's. Because it's nice to have clean clothes to wear Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Aug 3, 2016
- Hunting for Nessie at the LochKevin and I met up by his old apartment at 10 and headed out of town. Our original plan had been to go to St Andrews, then visit a castle and a whiskey distillery. Kevin suggested a new Posted by Glichez in Europe 2016 | Mar 14, 2016
- PENSWE!Today I finally got to see Kevin after five years!! I felt such excitement when I got off the plane in Edinburgh, knowing that we'd be hanging out soon. The last time I saw him was at Rock Posted by Glichez in Europe 2016 | Mar 13, 2016
- Beer and haggis and chippies...I got up early despite having gone to bed around 3am. I decided to walk around the town before meeting up with Pip and Stephen.
I walked into the city center and made my way up to Edinburgh Castle. Posted by Glichez in Europe 2016 | Mar 12, 2016
- Edinburgh... and a date!Departure day from Iceland - time to head to Scotland!
The weather in Reykjavik was terrible this morning: the wind was extremely strong, making it difficult to walk around at times. I spent the morning walking around Posted by Glichez in Europe 2016 | Mar 11, 2016
- Funburgh in SumburghWe have learned to totally disregard the weather forecast in Shetland. It is not possible to make weather-dependent plans in advance - it is much better to look out the window and decide what to do depending on the Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jul 27, 2016
- Broch & rollSunday was a lazy day – a day for Skyping, walking the dogs, and booking flights to Prague. As you do. We took the dogs down to one of the nearby beaches and encountered a dead sheep AND Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jul 21, 2016
- BrochstarsOur adventure on The Day After We Saw Killer Whales was a little more low-key - which is probably just as well, as it would have been exhausting to sustain that level of excitement for too long. Sometimes you Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jul 17, 2016
- Shetland shenanigansOn Monday we trundled into Lerwick on the bus, and it was everything you could want from a bus ride – clean, comfortable, quiet, scenic. Excellent work Shetland. We wandered the shops of Lerwick, and it seemed that Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jul 14, 2016
- Puffins, planes and pre-historic settlementsThursday morning rolled around and we rolled into Lerwick. Even though the boat docked at 7am, passengers were permitted to remain onboard and consume breakfast until 9.30am. How very civilised!
We enjoyed our reasonably priced continental breakfast bu Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jul 9, 2016
- Bruce's final adventuresTuesday morning was tinged with sadness, because we woke up in a Lois-and-Tony-less caravan park. It was also considerably less full than it had been over the weekend, and a new mob of non-folkie related travellers began to arrive.
We Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jun 4, 2016
- The Adventures of Bruce and BrunoWe started the Orkney Folk Festival weekend in a very pleasant way indeed - with a walk around the golf course! We spotted seals and golfers, and a rather hipster looking fellow with beard, kilt and dog in tow. Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | May 30, 2016
- The Adventures of Bruce and BrunoSaturday brought sunshine in Glasgow - again! We definitely found it easier to appreciate the city in these pleasant weather conditions, compared to previous visits when the weather had been a little more... inclement. The morning's mission was Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | May 25, 2016
- PPPGood morning Glasgow! This morning we saw Glasgow without rain - a first in the three visits we have made to this city. And doesn't a bit of sunshine brighten the place up a bit?
We embraced our cultural Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | May 20, 2016
- Arran James Carlton Craig!It's been so long since blogging, I feel a bit out of the loop, combined with any inspiration and creativity which seem to have temporarily gone on holiday (along with patience)..
I'm writing this in the newborn fog, where night Posted by africraigs in africraigs | May 20, 2016