- Torridon Trip: Day 3 (29th Dec)After breakfast we ventured out towards Plockton. It was a colder day than yesterday but with glimpses of sunshine and blue sky. We stopped at a tiny hamlet called Achmore and did a 5km walk which took in Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Dec 30, 2015
- Torridon Trip: Day 2 (28th Dec)After breakfast we ventured outside to an unusually warm day (14.5 degrees). As the weather was so calm and mild we decided to rearrange our plans and go via the usually treacherous in winter 'Bealach Na Ba' road to Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Dec 29, 2015
- Torridon Trip: Day 1 (27th Dec)Our first stop was for a Costa cappuccino and breakfast at Burger King at the Kinross services.
We stocked up with goodies from Tesco and Marks & Spencer at Perth.
Our lunch stop was a quaint little place on the outskirts of Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Dec 28, 2015
- 'Do you speak African..?'We've been on our UK Home Assignment for a good 2 months now, (and yes, it's been a pretty good 2 months, thanks). After the excitement of my sister's Reading Wedding, sleeping in various beds, numerous visits, hunting for items Posted by africraigs in africraigs | Nov 4, 2015
- Scotlands West Highland WayOn September 1, 2015, just after finishing up our work away in Carlingcott, England, we hit a wall. Thankfully this was not a literal wall, rather it was a figurative wall, one that represented us not knowing what we Posted by Shewy in It is, What it is | Oct 31, 2015
- Goodbye EdinburghIt hardly seemed possible that we were already in our final week. Monday was a free day so we took a trip around the Royal Yacht Britannia. I had expected it to be very opulent and luxurious but it wasn’t. Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Oct 26, 2015
- Edinburgh Week ThreeFeeling back to my old self, Monday was once more back on the tourist trail. Having thoroughly enjoyed our canal boat weekend last Easter, we decided to visit the Falkirk Wheel. This is a revolving canal lock connecting the Forth Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Oct 23, 2015
- Edinburgh Week TwoMonday we decided to be tourists for the day and took a bus to the Royal Botanic Gardens. It had naturally started to rain that morning but it eased off as we arrived and it meant no crowds. The gardens Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Oct 19, 2015
- Edinburgh First StepsThe journey up to Edinburgh was uneventful but pleasant. Rather unexpectedly the sun was shining for most of the trip, which was a bit worrying, as I hadn’t thought to bring any warm weather clothes. Scotland in October – who Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Oct 10, 2015
- What's on in Glasgow this week...So, moved on again across towards Glasgow now. The weather is still being pretty kind, though it did rain well yesterday. Like the eskimos, the Scots have about a hundred different names for rain, like 'dreich', which loosely Posted by VP28802 in Eireann agus Alba | Sep 28, 2015
- Scotland the mildly heroicAfter a quick drive from Dublin to Belfast, the ferry across to Scotland was pretty calm, and I am told, unusual. It didn't rain, and the waves were somewhere else, apparently. The weather has been pretty good across Posted by VP28802 in Eireann agus Alba | Sep 19, 2015
- Day 38Today is a travel day with London as our final destination. Reluctantly leaving St. Andrews, we drove the coastal route back towards Edinburgh passing through the fishing villages of Crail and Anstruther and having lunch at Kilcaldy before heading of Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Sep 17, 2015
- Day 37Decided to drive to Carnoustie as a first stop today and then see where that led. To get to Carnoustie, about 55 km away, you have to drive through Dundee, a big city, but the rest of the drive is Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Sep 16, 2015
- Day 36Today we played golf. We started the day with a leisurely breakfast at our B&B and then a little further exploration of St. Andrews. Then to golf.
As most of the people reading this are not golfers, I won't go into Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Sep 15, 2015
- Day 35We picked up a rental car this morning and took the easy drive to St. Andrews. we stopped for breakfast at the Waverly Cafe in a small village called "Burntisland". We could have the large breakfast or the small breakfast. Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Sep 14, 2015
- Day 34A cloudy and cool day in Edinburgh today with a maximum of 17 degrees and a little rain. We started with breakfast in a little cafe just of the Royal Mile and then took the short walk to Edinburgh Castle. Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Sep 13, 2015
- MotoScotlandFor my final biking adventure, I’d decided I wanted to do some off-road training. A conversation with friends Billy & Tracey, who live between Perth and Dundee, had discovered a shared desire to try off-roading and so MotoScotland it was. Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Sep 6, 2015
- Glasgow - Ripon - SheffieldLeaving Scotland and entering back into England, we make a first stop at Ripon in Yorkshire.
Dating back to 1132 when 13 monks who fled from unrest at St Mary's Abbey in York built their new lives here, Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Aug 25, 2015
- Falkirk Wheel and Loch LomondEvery day this last week we have been looking at the weather forecast for this area, and it has not been looking good: severe storms and lashings of rain. Oh dear. This morning, however, it is dry, albeit with some Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Aug 24, 2015
- Bolton - Castlerigg - Lockerbie - Cambuslang - FalkirkThe restaurant is a different world this morning.: the friendly, chatty manager goes some way to make up for the disinterested staff last night. We leave in a better frame of mind, and head for Scotland.
=== Castlerigg Stone Circle Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Aug 23, 2015
- Royal Yacht Britannia, EdinburghAfter Holyroodhouse Palace we hopped back on the hop on hop off bus, luckily we didn't have to wait for long as it was raining. We then got off this where a blue hop on hop off bus would stop. Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 26, 2015
- The Palace of Holyroodhouse, EdinburghJust seen my big blooper from yesterday. Heading should have been Edinburgh Castle. We have been to Stirling Castle on a previous visit. We awoke and looked out the window to see lots of rain falling. After breakfast Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 26, 2015
- Edinburgh CastleAt breakfast chatted to the husband and wife owners of the McKensie Hotel. Our hotel has 5 rooms that are let out. The couple were originally from China. They said that this time of the year is Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 25, 2015
- Edinburgh and on to London
Got to Edinburgh airport to find that the car rental centre was about a km walk away. With our luggage you need to rent a car to get to the car rental centre! Really long delays at the Europecar counter Posted by mljjs in Lords and Lords of Fjords | Aug 25, 2015
- Edinburgh the MagnificentWednesday 18th - Arrival in Edinburgh
Landed into Edinburgh on time (Wednesday 18) and took the tram to Haymarket where our hotel was. Left luggage and walked into the City Centre, not a smart move but we did it. Headed into Posted by JPH46 in Europe 2015 | Aug 23, 2015