- Edinburgh 2Nice to sleep in a bit and not have to worry about getting our luggage in the hall before 730, not having to eat breakfast before you're really ready, no-one else to worry about but us. Check out of The Posted by DawnaL in From Reading to Reality | Oct 5, 2014
- EdinburghThat's what Allie said when I was still trip planning and it is. Lorri and I had lunch in [[http://www.elephanthouse.biz|Elephant House]] overlooking [[http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greyfriars_Kirkyard|Greyfriar's Kirkyard]] where J. K. Rowling started w Posted by DawnaL in From Reading to Reality | Oct 4, 2014
- Celtic JourneysWe met the group this past Sunday. Here it is Wednesday already. We spent the last 2 nights at Culloden House just outside Inverness. This is where Bonnie Prince Charlie spent the night before the Battle of Culloden. We've seen Posted by DawnaL in From Reading to Reality | Oct 1, 2014
- Ladies of Lallybroch International GatheringI've now met women who are more fanatical about Diana Gabaldon's Outlander book series than I am. Hard to believe but it's true!
We met the group at Inverness Castle in front of Flora MacDonald around 9 Saturday morning. Margi's husband, Posted by DawnaL in From Reading to Reality | Oct 1, 2014
- Life is GoodIt's been a busy two weeks... let's just start with that. First of all, I love being an international student. I love everything about it, from talking about different cultures, to trying haggis (it's gross, but it tastes like stuffing), Posted by PeterMyer in Freshman Year - University of St Andrews | Sep 28, 2014
- Planes,Trains and Automobiles and a busUp at 4am and on the road with Svava Petursdottir, our [[http://www.couchsurfing.org/profile.html?id=10BT46WA|Couchsurfing]] host. Our flight leaves at 730 for Glasgow. Check-in was a breeze as airport services took charge and had us to the front of every Posted by DawnaL in From Reading to Reality | Sep 28, 2014
- EdinburghHair cut in the morning then off to meet more relos. Terry, Rina McClusky and Alec Dunlop. I am feeling a bit average. But gotta get back on the horse. Alec and Terry love a beer. Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 25, 2014
- Edinburgh Paul's 70th lunch today. Duddingston golf club. It's a good looking course. Very envious of the blokes teeing off. Perfect day for golf, sunny and no wind.
We had a good lunch. Too much food and drink. Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 22, 2014
- EdinburghRest day today. Aiming for an AFD. It's been nearly 4 weeks since last one. Pulled up a bit fragile. I think it may be the water.
We slept in and had late breakfast. It's a beautiful Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 20, 2014
- Edinburgh[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700609/C5B6E0E491B86295D442C86EBD782115.jpg Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 20, 2014
- EdinburghWe caught up with Sandy's cousin Julie and her husband Stephen today. They took us for a drive to Peebles and a walk along the river Tweed. Lovely spot. They are keen walkers and we need the exercise. It's Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 19, 2014
- EdinburghWe walked into the city, overcast but dry. Sandy took pictures, similar ones to last time I think. We found the pub that televises the AFL. They weren't open at 11am. We are hoping they are open on Friday Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 19, 2014
- EdinburghA day of travel. Caught aerobus from city to airport again. Great service at 5 euro.
Vuelling airlines flight was packed. It was a good service. Arrived mid afternoon to typical grey sky's. No rain though so bonus. Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 19, 2014
- Greenock, ScotlandAn overcast sky greeted the ship as we sailed up the Firth of Clyde to our berth in Greenock the port for Glasgow Scotland. A very busy morning in the Horizon Court and with breakfast behind us we prepared Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 17, 2014
- Sea Day Two - Scotland BoundDue to an error in the daily newsletter, the Princess Patter, I arrived on Deck 18 intending to capture the 05:24 sunrise. Not sure who made the calculations but they were off by at least an hour. Even Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 16, 2014
- Beaver huntingThe day started with an amazing spread - full cooked Scottish breakfast. Eggs, bacon, black pudding, haggis, square sausage - the lot. And so, sufficiently fuelled for the day, we set off exploring one of the nearby castles. Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 16, 2014
- A penny farthing, a picnic and some pintsBreakfast this morning was one of our unorthodox picnics, with food from The Co-op. It's amazing the spread you can get for under £5! Even more amazing was the man riding his penny farthing down the hill, cruising Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 16, 2014
- Day 5: Glasgow/EdinburghAfter a bit of a lazy morning and a spot of breakfast we decided to go and explore more of Glasgow, and then catch the train to Edinburgh to have a look around there.
Posted by tahnsandjeremy in The Adventures of Tahnee and Jeremy | Sep 15, 2014
- Pat's birthdayToday was the big day - Pat's birthday! Well, not really, but he got an email from Laphroaig saying happy birthday, so we figured we'd go with it. And what better way to celebrate than going where Pat Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 14, 2014
- Hello Jura!After breakfast with our dear friend Sven, we met up with Grug and headed out to Bunnahabhain, which felt like a very remote and isolated distillery. Beth, our tour guide, was exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable. Apparently "The Angels' Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 14, 2014
- Islay boundWe had the opportunity to be good samaritans today, when a Belgian tourist found himself stranded in Tomintoul. He had planned to catch the bus to Ballindalloch, but that bus only ran on a Thursday. And today was Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 14, 2014
- Fresher's WeekHey again!
What a fantastic two weeks it's been thus far. My mother and I took the journey on August 31st to Edinburgh. We had a wonderful time and went to the Edinburgh Castle. We saw the traditional Scottish canon firing Posted by PeterMyer in Freshman Year - University of St Andrews | Sep 14, 2014
- Day 4: Glasgow/InverarayWe started the day with breakfast at a rather fabulous tea shop. Jeremy, tea connoisseur, had a great time poring over their rather extensive tea menu.
[img=http Posted by tahnsandjeremy in The Adventures of Tahnee and Jeremy | Sep 13, 2014
- Day 3: Dublin to Glasgow (via Edinburgh)We had a bit of a late start to the morning and therefore ran out of time to go out and find breakfast somewhere. Decided to just have breakfast in the hotel restaurant.
After doing a final pack up we set Posted by tahnsandjeremy in The Adventures of Tahnee and Jeremy | Sep 12, 2014
- Traipsing to TomintoulWe were fortunate to have a simply glorious day for our last day of walking the Speyside Way - sunshine, no rain, and just a gentle cool breeze. We chatted to Mo (the hotel manager) about her experiences in Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Sep 11, 2014