- Wind, whisky and wild ScotsWe wake up at 9 a.m. after a good night’s sleep and decide that we’ll spend the day visiting the Edinburgh Castle, the most famous attraction in the city.
We have breakfast at a coffee house café on Cockburn called Posted by GoWander in Scotland | Sep 16, 2012
- Scotland - Arriving back on the mainland we headed down towards England. Having taken 11 days to explore the west and the Orkneys, we now had 3 days before having to return the car in Manchester ... Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Sep 16, 2012
- To the top of EdinburghI’ve always wanted to be a world traveler. After a trip to Costa Rica two years ago, Matt and I planned a long trip to Chile for this November, not realizing that another adventure was also about to fall into Posted by GoWander in Scotland | Sep 15, 2012
- Day 13 Dunbeath to John O'Groats
Just 35 miles today, and its over quickly, with just a short stop at Wick. Time for Will and Chris to practice their sprint finish, before the big photo opp. It feels grrrreat to finish. Posted by LePratt-LeJog in Le Pratt Le Jog | Sep 15, 2012
- Day 12 Culloden to Dunbeath
Last full day and fortune is smiling on us again. The sun is out and the wind is at our backs again. we've changed our plans to take the more direct route up the East Coast on Posted by LePratt-LeJog in Le Pratt Le Jog | Sep 15, 2012
- Day 11 Braemar to Culloden
Nice going early on as we followed the river down to Balmoral. No Royal sightings. The Garmin routed us up a farm track which we abandoned after Tom was sent sprawling. Turning north we ca Posted by LePratt-LeJog in Le Pratt Le Jog | Sep 15, 2012
- Day 10 Perth to Braemar
After the dove appeared with an olive branch, we took our leave of Noah's Ark in Perth. We were on the wrong sid Posted by LePratt-LeJog in Le Pratt Le Jog | Sep 15, 2012
- Scotland - the Orkney IslesLeaving Durness, our next destination The Orkney Isles, a group of around 70 islands approx 15km from the north coast of Scotland. To get there we had to travel across the top to the north east. Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Sep 8, 2012
- Scotland - west coastOur holiday started in Glasgow. So far so good. As we were waiting to collect our luggage Chas actually said to me that this is his most anxious time when traveling. And guess Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Sep 6, 2012
- We're the kings of the castleSo, not surprisingly we slept in... Lara on the floor. Richard woke up and went down and had breakfast and returned to wake us and say they would hold breakfast for us and they realised we were in late. So Posted by McNivens in The McNivens Adventure | Sep 4, 2012
- ScotlandWe had two nights in Glasgow, and one full day so we jumped on the hop on-hop off bus to do a tour of Glasgow. Boooorrrriiinnnggg! They try to fit in so much stuff that there is no time for Posted by KPad in Possibly lost, probably having fun... | Sep 4, 2012
- Off for a highland flingSo today we awoke with an amazing view from the Sutherland Guesthouse in Oban. The day is sunny with really clear views. We had a quick walk up the street and bought some chocolate from the Oban Chocolate House. We Posted by McNivens in The McNivens Adventure | Sep 2, 2012
- Locks, lochs and a wee driveOur plan was to be up early and off to visit Clydebank, now a surburb of Glasgow, but originally a town. So after our walking yesterday we all slept in. I think we needed in though. Richard and I were Posted by McNivens in The McNivens Adventure | Aug 31, 2012
- Glasgow? What did she say?...Firstly Sauchihall pronounced sorkihall, which when combined with the glaswegian accent sounded a lot like sucky hole. Yeah I know, but it's still funny. This is a major road that runs through Glasgow and a block away from our Posted by McNivens in The McNivens Adventure | Aug 31, 2012
- Scotland....Home of the braveWe leave Fleetwood and head to Glasgow. We stop by a shoe store to pick up some new shoes for tess to walk in a lot. She is pretty happy as they are almost like Laras new Dr Martens. Posted by McNivens in The McNivens Adventure | Aug 28, 2012
- Day 3Today was an awesome day!! We did a 12 hour day trip to Glencoe, Loch Ness and the Highlands. I was actually surprised how far it was and how much ground we covered. It took about 5 hours Posted by lins_euro in Lindsay & Candice's Euro Adventure! | Jul 29, 2012
- Day 2Well Edinburgh has not changed since I was last here. I still love it! The atmosphere here is just so different from Glasgow. Everything is old and beautiful and the people are so friendly! We had a Posted by lins_euro in Lindsay & Candice's Euro Adventure! | Jul 28, 2012
- Hello Edinburgh!!We made it to Edinburgh!
We set out this morning and walked a good 20 minutes with our packs to the train station. Just for the record, I clearly over packed. My backpack weighs sooo much! We got Posted by lins_euro in Lindsay & Candice's Euro Adventure! | Jul 28, 2012
- Day 1Hiya from Glasgow!
Now that I've had a nap and feel less jet lagged I can think! I feel like this has been the longest day of my life! Our flight was annoying, why do people travel on planes with babies/toddlers Posted by lins_euro in Lindsay & Candice's Euro Adventure! | Jul 27, 2012
- Hello Glasgow!!Well it's almost 5 am at home but it's close to 10 am here. Our flight was okay. Of course we have good luck being beside a family with 2 small children that cried and screamed for most Posted by lins_euro in Lindsay & Candice's Euro Adventure! | Jul 27, 2012
- They may take our lives, but they'll never take our Haggis!Ayyyeeee there ya wee little blog readers, I shall tell ye a tale of scotch, haggis, neeps and tatties. (end scottish accent)
Ahh Scotland, by far the easiest place to fall in love with in the United Kingdom, its no Posted by Joel-Renee in The beer is better when backpacking | Jul 26, 2012
- Scottish summer = Melbourne winterSo with a week to kill before George arrive I made a last minute decision to do a 5 day tour in the Scotland highlands with Haggis tours. I arrived in Edinburgh and found my way to St Christopher’s Hostel. Posted by katea_b in Why not? | Jul 24, 2012
On Jun 24, 2012, at 8:45 AM, R. Miller wrote:
> I teed it up with Fergus, Angus 1 and Angus 2. It was easy to tell them apart
> since Angus 2 was not the Posted by richmill1 in Scotland | Jul 17, 2012
- A cruise?Never in my wildest dreams did I see myself on deck on a cruise. Apart from ferry crossings in a variety of places in Europe, and a flirtation with the Merchant Navy that saw me weeks from a deck Posted by InvictaMoto in First Cruise | Jul 17, 2012
- Final ruminations and random Scotland triviaKinlochleven has an indoor ice climbing center.
I never knew such a thing existed.
The standard greeting here is "Hiya!"
The West Highland Way is not all that difficult,
in spite of what the guidebook led me to expect.
If I did it again, I'd Posted by schmu in Scotland! | Jul 15, 2012