- Gairloch Day 4Wednesday 3rd June
Today there is sunshine (and a bit of cloud)! It is cool but not chilly. The wind has dropped too and the loch is calm. So off to the Inverewe Gardens, w Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | Jun 3, 2015
- Surprises in the PalaceYesterday was sunny, today the forecast was for a more grey day so we set off early to South Ronaldsay to explore the south. In Perth the causeway separates suburbs, in Orkneys causeways separate islands. So we Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | Jun 2, 2015
- Gairloch Day 3Tuesday 2nd June
This place is delightfully and deliciously seductive. If we could afford to live in a place like this, we would hardly want to move from it. Each time you look out the window there is a Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | Jun 2, 2015
- Which Bird is That?Correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression that sunshine, clear blue skies, a bit of a breeze and friendly people made a place appealing. We came to The Orkneys to see if we could cope Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | Jun 1, 2015
- Gairloch Day 2Monday 1st June
It is ground hog day, but pleasantly so. It is another cold day in Gairloch with relatively strong winds. It is described as being unseasonal and we heard some l Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | Jun 1, 2015
- Night Night in SunlightOur last drive in Inverness clocked up another 175 miles this morning when we loaded all our luggage into the car and went to the airport via Helmsdale in Sutherland. Of course there was a castle....more about that in a Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 31, 2015
- Gairloch Day 1Sunday 31st May
In Gairloch the sun fades at about 11 pm and it gets brighter at about 3.30 am. It does not really get truly dark. So this is playing a bit of havoc with our sleep patterns. Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 31, 2015
- B & B & BBLast night it was still light outside at about 11pm when I looked and then the sun was on the rise again from about about 3am. Strange!
We did not hit the road, following breaky until 8:30 with Urquhart Castle Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 30, 2015
- Inverness to GairlochSaturday 30th May
We are aware that we may be focussing on what may be called the negative sides of travel. But this is what happens when you "throw your fate to the wind", espe Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 30, 2015
- Bordeaux to InvernessFriday 29th May
A day of travel and so far so good. We are sitting in the Departure Lounge of London Gatwick airport. Easy Jet turned out to be not quite so easy for our depar Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 29, 2015
- To DateWe have whiled away May being away. To date we have travelled 2400 miles by car, with Fred and a road map or two, on top of our 9340 miles with Emirates to get to the Uk.
We have Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 30, 2015
- Natural Beauty
Yesterday (28/5/15) rain lead the way from Redwood House to Inverness. We stopped at Eilean Donan Castle...where the rain stopped for us and sunshine lit the walls and bridge for us. Looking inside we had no idea how Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 29, 2015
- Tip of the Skye IsleHaving programmed in the desire to see the Skye Museum of Island Life into our holiday diary, we swapped keys and camera so Rob could photograph the coast line between Greshornish and Lub Score. Our plan was then to Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 27, 2015
- Crossing the Sound of SleatDespite our 10 mins sleep in we ate a quick breakfast and pointed the Audi to Armadale for the 10am ferry to Mallaig. The crossing was a smooth 30 minutes on the deck with wonderful views of Skye in the Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 26, 2015
- The Three Bridges Setting off for a three day stay in a self contained unit in Greshornish meant we needed some food supplies. Rob excelled at getting the shopping done in 20 minutes with the best ploy yet. If you park in a Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 25, 2015
- The Highlands callThe highlands call.....
The first place we passed through today was Hellensburgh, on Loch Gare, then we travelled north to Arrochare along Loch Long, where the military bases are. Travelling west we went through the Argyll forrest through Glen Crowe and Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 25, 2015
- Loch looking and Snow Spying1650 miles under our belt and we've just left Balloch, heading for Fort William.
You will have noticed, maybe, we did not do our blog last night. Eurovision final took its place! And may we say .. bit disappointing Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 24, 2015
- The Border RieveChecking out of The Blue Swallow we picked up final supplies at Sainsburys and set off up the M6, which became the M74, skirted around the south west of Glascow to get onto the M8 passed Glascow Airport onto the Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 22, 2015
- A Sense of An EndingA Sense of an Ending
This past Thursday I completed my exams, and thus marked a close to my freshman (1st year as they call it here) at St. Andrews. It feels a little weird. It's difficult for me to find Posted by PeterMyer in University of St Andrews & WM | May 16, 2015
- SCOTLAND STEROTYPES
I have enjoyed a nice afternoon in Edinburgh, Scotland and it wa Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 9, 2015
- ScotlandHello from the beautiful hills of Scotland!
A week ago I had no idea I would be here and I have to say, this has possibly been the best decision I have made all trip. Scotland has blown my mind and Posted by meagle in No Dreams Deferred | May 6, 2015
- IslayWe knew at the outset of this trip that a visit to Islay in the Scottish Hebrides would undoubtedly be our year’s highlight and it hasn’t disappointed. I’ve always enjoyed a wee dram and over the last eight years we Posted by Deb_Scott in Eat. Drink. See & Do. | Apr 24, 2015
- Scottish night
For our last night in Edinburgh 19 of us went to Jamie’s Scottish evening. After a short walk down the royal mile and a left turn into the new city e found the place to be. We were the youngest Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Apr 24, 2015
- Edinburgh babyEDINBURGH
What to say about this place. We arrived on Monday afternoon/late evening. We got to the motel and got very lucky, we are in a dorm room with 6 beds and only the two of us. It is huge. Naomi Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Apr 22, 2015
- Edinburgh Scotland: My Kind of CityI never dreamed of visiting Scotland but had heard good things about Edinburgh from those who had been there.
From Warrington, we train right into Waverly Station which sits in the shadow of the massive Edinburgh Castle. Upon departure, Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Apr 14, 2015