- Saturday, 7th April (Ilona)The evening ended with more relatives and family friends dropping in to see us. It is great to meet all these people and start forming bonds with them. The only downside to Torda is the squalid conditions. I've warned Emily Posted by riteoh in Europe | Apr 7, 2012
- Friday, 6th AprilIt's funny! The last time I was here was 25 years ago. I've explained to Elton what it was like then, and have tried to assure him that there would have been progress in the past 25 years. So, surely Posted by riteoh in Europe | Apr 6, 2012
- Wednesday 4th April (Elton)It's hard to get a good sleep on a plane, so we're all a bit tired when we get to Frankfurt. 4hr layover is tnot helped by our next flight out also being delayed. That's 3 from 3 Posted by riteoh in Europe | Apr 6, 2012
- 31st August 2011Last day of summer, last day of Eastern Europe.
We walked back to the centre of Novi Sad this morning and then kept on going until we crossed the Danube and reached the town fortress. Not that it looked like much Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Sep 3, 2011
- 30th August 2011We drove to New Belgrade this morning, across the Danube from Old Belgrade. I don't know how “new” it is, but I would say 'not very'. We walked along the Danube for a while, which looks a little bit empty Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Sep 3, 2011
- 29th August 2011We caught an old, hot bus into town and got dropped off somewhere in the middle. We had no idea where we were so we just followed the masses and somehow came out at the tourist office. It was amazing Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Sep 3, 2011
- 28th August 2011Today we wandered around the fortress during daylight, but there wasn't much more to see. Most of it was parkland, which is nice but not something to go out of your way for. From the fortress we could see Sunday Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Sep 3, 2011
- 27th August 2011So nice to wake up in coolish weather. It was still a hot day though. What we really wanted to see in Durmitor National Park was Tara Canyon, so we followed the road signs leading there, hoping there would be Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Aug 29, 2011
- My Current Location - East SerbiaI have been traveling a lot, but the last few months I found a permanent residence in Europe, Serbia, Zajecar. A medium size town with plenty of greenery, it has bout 60,000 people, but the amazing thing is that this Posted by zacgrace in Budget Travel and Travel Experiences | Jul 12, 2011
- Celebrations in BelgradeAs we arrived in Serbia's capital on sunday, we knew something special was going on: people were cheering, cars were hooting and bikers were pulling wheelies galore down the main street. As we got closer to our hotel we realized Posted by The Minion in Motorcycle Adventure Tour | Jul 8, 2011
- Nis, SerbiaRode from Macedonia to Nis in Serbia, the roads are slightly better here although they were doing roadworks so only had a single lane. We arrived late afternoon and checked into a hotel in the town centre. No camping here Posted by XJR1300 in Motorcycle Adventure Tour | Jul 4, 2011
- Day Six - Belgrade Hello from Beograd!
As said on Facebook we have survived our first night train. We got to the station about 10.50 to get the 11.30pm train-unfortunately it was delayed by 50 minutes so we had to hang around-Typical for Balkan trains
When Posted by daisyaj in our bonanza travel around the Balkans | Jun 20, 2011
- PutovanjeSutra počinje čuveni trip iliti put za ameriku. Prva stanica - aerodrom u Londonu 5 sati cekanja. Druga i odredišna stanica - JFK NY.juhuu! Zadnje veče u Beogradu prilično smorno jer moja drugarica sve vreme zeva i ceka da mi Posted by neca pereca in Preko okeana | Jun 23, 2011
- Ottoman Trek Part Two
From Sarajevo we headed across the Bosnia-Serbia border towards the capital of Serbia, Belgrade! And so begins the next blog entry for our Eastern Trek...
After such an amazing time in Sarajevo enjoing the wonderful people and fanta Posted by katenmicka in Kate and Micka's European Adventure | Jun 3, 2011
- BeogradI am in Thessaloniki, Greece now. I arrived this morning at 7am on a bus from Belgrade, Serbia. It was a 12-hour bus ride but flew by as I now feel like a seasoned traveler, unphased by hours Posted by JulesCV in Alive | Apr 30, 2011
- Examining the NATO Bombing of Serbia (Part II - Targets)BELGRADE, Serbia (Sep. 18-20, 2010) -- I arrived in Belgrade, Serbia to investigate key aspects of the country’s 1999 military conflict with NATO as part of my research for an upcoming thriller. NATO launched a major bombing campaign against the Posted by AC Frieden in The Frieden Trails | Sep 30, 2010
- Examining the NATO Bombing of Serbia (Part I - Weaponry)BELGRADE, Serbia (Sep. 18-20, 2010) -- I arrived in Belgrade, Serbia to investigate key aspects of the country’s 1999 military conflict with NATO as part of my research for an upcoming thriller. NATO launched a major bombing campaign against Posted by AC Frieden in The Frieden Trails | Sep 30, 2010
- Here we go....Hello people.
It's been just over a week since we left Canada, time to finally get this blog up and running. Sunday morning was an absolute disaster. We were both brutally hungover and the apartment was in shambles and in no Posted by cale_ivana in Cale & Ivana's Travel Blog | Sep 28, 2010
- Day 38. SerbiaWhile in Bulgaria, we explored the city of Sofia. We only stayed for about an hour. Its a nice city, but nothing special to me. It looked too business like and serious for me. Then we crossed into Serbia and Posted by AKISSA in Contiki European Ultimate 2010 | Jun 3, 2010
- From Belogradchik, Bulgaria and then through SerbiaSaturday 10th July
Carried our journey onwards and upwards, sadly leaving behind cheap and interesting Bulgaria. The country had a last final showing for us though. We arrived in Belogradchik along a road with craggy red rock peaks of hills and Posted by marklorna in Mark and Lorna's European Adventure | Aug 25, 2010
- In BelgradeJust doing a quick check-in to let people know that I'm in Belgrade.
The last two days have comprised of intense travel. A group of us rented a car in Dubrovnik in order to get north. Lindsay and Posted by DavidJFabe in Europe 2010 | Jul 19, 2010
- Marko's Opulent Pancakes
This second week here it has actually been really good. The days has been warm and nice, The last few days were really warm. We went to swim, had some watermelon, and went to Tito's maus Posted by Sockerbit in Saras reseblog | Jul 8, 2010
- Rain in Serbia
Have you ever experienced bureaucracy? In France I had to bring a paid electricity bill every time I needed to show that I was who I claimed to be (to get a bus card for example) and Posted by Sockerbit in Saras reseblog | Jun 29, 2010
- Paint your World !
When I was a kid, I trusted the adults, politicians, teachers and religious leaders. I always thought it was those who make the decisions, the ones who make the world work. I trust Posted by fmuldowney in Paint Your World | Apr 26, 2010
- "Helping Globie" a new adventure!
When I was a kid, I trusted the adults, politicians, teachers and religious leaders. I always thought it was those who make the decisions, the ones who make the world work.
The Posted by fmuldowney in Believing in Harvey | Apr 26, 2010