- 2013 A8 OCEANIA - THE SEYCHELLES, MAHE & PRASLIN==Since they cancelled Kenya we get an extra day in the Seychelles== but not on the same island so they re-jigged our excursions.
We now get 2 days on Mahe as per schedule but arriving a day early. Then Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | May 23, 2005
- Bobby’s, fairy terns and frigates
Not a ‘twitcher’ historically, I could take birds or leave them but a few days on ‘Bird Island’ and I couldn’t put my camera down - I clocked up more in-flight, nesting, taking off, fishing, perch Posted by namirem in The finer things in life | Nov 30, 2012
- Wrinkled fascination
Giant tortoises must have been small once, though it’s hard to believe from their solid meter-length carcass housing that great plodding body, tree trunk legs and wide-wrinkly neck. Truth is t Posted by namirem in The finer things in life | Nov 30, 2012
- A Curieuse DiveI never thought I’d revisit the sweet shop of tropical delights found in the aptly named ‘coral garden’ dive site just off my first 'Curieuse' island home in the Seychelles.
Leaning over the side of Dexter, face in water, bum Posted by namirem in The finer things in life | Nov 24, 2012
- No parents but plenty of spiritGrowing up on the beach front one of the most idyllic islands in the world with a vast open readymade water playground would surely be any child's dream, but this can't possibly come close to compensating for starting out in Posted by namirem in The finer things in life | Nov 8, 2012
- Plankton pulling, dolphin spotting and manta swimmingDouble sun cream layers applied we set off on the weekly turtle snorkel to local beach inlets to look for nests and turtle tracks. With nesting season upon us we made sure known nests were still ok and hadn't fallen Posted by namirem in The finer things in life | Nov 6, 2012
- Sharky watersWith talk of dark visibility, remote ocean location and lurking sharks looming out of crevices I admit I was a little apprehensive but very much excited about a day off dive out at Stork Patch – one of the best Posted by namirem in The finer things in life | Nov 2, 2012
- When the heavens opened and the vis picked up!Drifting into consciousness at 5am listening to the tropical downpoor hitting the tin roof and splattering into the mud below I reluctantly crawled out of my cosy mossie net, downed a quick coffee and kitted up for my first dive Posted by namirem in The finer things in life | Oct 27, 2012
- Sweat, Sweetlips and SeybrewIt’s been a year since submersing myself in the great oceans of our world back on the Great Barrier reef and east coast of Australia, but it feels like just a few weeks since I was donning my scuba booties, Posted by namirem in The finer things in life | Oct 12, 2012
- Back to the office in the oceanTurtles, mantas, whale sharks - all on the wish list for Seychelles take 2! Tales from the tepid waters of the Indian Ocean coming soon... just washing out my snorkel Posted by namirem in The finer things in life | Oct 5, 2012
- Extreme Wedding!===Enjoy the photos of our wedding day===
Please note that this video comes with sound! Posted by TommyNicki in Down Under | Apr 16, 2012
- Welcome to the setting for our wedding===May we introduce the guests:===
Gerda (Tommy's Mum), Werner and Christa (Nicki's parents)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/351578 Posted by TommyNicki in Down Under | Apr 16, 2012
- Day 23 - At Sea On first day of 4 days at sea after visiting the island of Mahe - capital of the Seychelles Islands. A beautiful day with less humidity and blue skies with beautiful people and far less trash visible. We walked into Posted by acudoc in ROSES PASSAGE TO THE INDIAN OCEAN | May 25, 2011
- The SeychellesWhat can you say about the Seychelles? There are not many words that can describe this incredible place. So just see for yourself!
Are these colours real or are we just dreaming?
Posted by TommyNicki in Down Under | May 2, 2011
- SeychellitViikko Seychelleillä ei ollut laisinkaan huono idea. Päiväntasaajan tuntumassa lämpötila pyörii 30-34 Celsiuksen tuntumassa ja merivesi tuntui vaihtelevan 28 ja 29 Celsiuksen välillä. Tunnetun ajattelijan sanoin: "just nyt ei oo ollenkaan mikään paikka jä Posted by vilmalotta in Levoton sielu | Jun 28, 2009
- "Sey" La VieSimpsons fans might recall that classic episode in which Bart substitutes Iron Butterfly’s “In A Gadda Da Vida” for the church organist’s sheet music for a hymn entitled “In the Garden of Eden.” Well, it’s a good chuckle, which captures Posted by mpho3 in The Motion of Life in Water | Feb 20, 2008