- A Trek for 'Training' [center] [/center]
For those of you who know me, you may recall not so many years ago when I had delusions of a trek in Guyana to Kaieteur Falls,(largest both in water volume and h Posted by 2xislandgirl in You are not in Kansas anymore..... | Oct 10, 2014
- Singapore - Wednesday, 8 October 2014Last day in Singapore today. We both had a better sleep last night though Phil woke up in the early morning. He had a couple of things on his mind - whether to buy a small tablet like Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Oct 8, 2014
- Singapore - Tuesday, 7 October 2014I was having a lovely sleep when at 3am, I could hear scratching and chewing and saw a light flashing. Yes, Phil couldn't sleep so decided to get up and rearrange all my photos on the tablet. Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Oct 7, 2014
- Day 4[i]* please note these next few blogs were written a few days ago but were awaiting photos to upload. Yesterday we found out that David sadly passed away. We are feeling low and wish we were closer to home to Posted by rwregister99 in ASIA | Oct 6, 2014
- Singapore - Monday, 6 October 2014We arrived at our hotel, the Peninsula Excelsior, at about 7am, in the dark. We were hoping our room would be ready but of course it wasn't. We were so tired and the most unhelpful person on Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Oct 6, 2014
- Athens to Singapore - Sunday, 5 October 2014The alarm went off at 3am (!) and after a quick shower, went down stairs for breakfast at 3.30am. Just the basics were available but at least it was something. There was another family in there too who Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Oct 5, 2014
- Day 3Day 3 started as every good day should - with a great cooked breakfast. It might have taken almost 15 years but I now understand Dave (remember that road trip in Oz?). Anyway after breakfast we caught the MRT then Posted by rwregister99 in ASIA | Oct 3, 2014
- Getting settled into the 'new' house[center][/center]
I have been remiss and not taken the time to sit down and post anything since last spring. I kept telling myself I would get to it as soon as I finished, X, or Posted by 2xislandgirl in You are not in Kansas anymore..... | Oct 2, 2014
- Day 2Remember my USA blog "Disneyland the happiest place on earth - unless you are there with my kids"? Here comes the sequel.... "Sentosa Resort, the happiest place in Singapore - unless you are there with my kids".
After another buffet breakfast Posted by rwregister99 in ASIA | Oct 2, 2014
- Sightseeing day 1After checking into the peninsula excelsior hotel we headed out for supplies. Almost every building is a shopping mall and 1 block Posted by rwregister99 in ASIA | Sep 30, 2014
- 5 things I have learn't so far5 things I have learn't so far
For those that read our USA blog (sadly over a year ago) you will recall that I opened with 10 things I have learn't so far. Well since Singapore is only 1/2 the total Posted by rwregister99 in ASIA | Sep 28, 2014
- 3 Continents Down, One to GoI’m sitting on the floor in the Singapore international airport, waiting for the last flight of the day: TZ 2 to Sydney, scheduled to depart at 2:45 am. I’m going to try to finish this entry before I get on Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Sep 26, 2014
- BFS Taiwan Study Trip 2014Pre-Trip Reflection
Taking a flight with fellow friends for a study trip is something which I have never experienced prior to signing up for the BFS Taiwan Study Trip, and I am definitely looking forward to seeing the sights of Taiwan. Posted by steffi_yip in BFS Taiwan Study Trip 2014 | Sep 21, 2014
- Pre-trip Reflections[center]
==EXPECTATIONS/ANTICIPATIONS OF THE TRIP==
As an avid reader of Taiwanese Light Novels, it is an excellent opportunity for me to be able to visit the place where all the creations of the stories take place. I really look forward to the Posted by LimWanTing in BFS Taiwan Study Trip 2014 | Sep 21, 2014
- Pre-Trip Reflection[float=right][/float]
Before embarking on a whole new learning journey and experience in Taiwan, I have been in a constant state of anticipation and excitement despite prior experience to visi Posted by Rei Yi in BFS Taiwan Study Trip 2014 | Sep 21, 2014
- Group6_GohTingYoungKelvin_Pre-trip ReflectionI expect to learn a lot more about the culture from this trip, along with its business climate and practices. Although I have been to Taiwan before, I had gone on a tour; I did not learn very much about Posted by kelvgoh in Taiwan Study Trip 2014 | Sep 21, 2014
- PRE-TRIP REFLECTIONFirstly, I’m thankful that I received this opportunity to be selected for a study trip to Taiwan that takes place this coming Saturday, 27 September to 4 October 2014. I went to Taiwan once for leisure, but this time, I’m Posted by Marilyn Lee in STUDY TRIP TO TAIWAN | Sep 20, 2014
- BFS Taiwan Study Trip 2014My anticipations of this study trip is to explore new places, see the hidden side of Taiwan and not forgetting to learn while we have fun together. My expectations of myself would be to grow as a person because I Posted by Wanxiaaa1995 in BFS Taiwan Study Trip 2014 | Sep 21, 2014
- Taiwan Study TripOn 8th September 2014, I attended the 1st Taiwan study trip briefing before travelling to Taiwan. From the briefing, I’m more understandable on teachers and mine’s expectation while I’m in Taiwan.
The first expectation that I have for myself is Posted by carmenseah in Taiwan Study Trip | Sep 20, 2014
- Pre-Trip reflectionI am just too excited to even start my blog because it is officially 6 more days before I bid goodbye to my homeland, Singapore, for a week! Taiwan's a bustling city and I believe everyone would definitely want to Posted by Jasper Wee in Pre-Trip reflection | Sep 20, 2014
- Pre-Trip ReflectionBefore I start, I would like to do a little introduction about myself.
My name is Ying Hong and I am 19 this year. One interesting fact about me is that I have never had a passport before, let alone Posted by Ying Hong in BFS Taiwan Study Trip 2014 | Sep 20, 2014
- BFS Taiwan Study Trip 2014This is my first time visiting Taiwan and I am expecting that the local culture and customs will be different from that in Singapore, such as differences in the food they sell and the environment. It is my first time Posted by debbielee12345 in BFS Taiwan Study Trip 2014 | Sep 20, 2014
- Pre-Trip reflectionExpectations/ Anticipations
That the trip will be fun-filled, where everyone going is able to be friendly to each other, no hostility or dislikes between one another and we can learn more about the places we visit. I am also expecting everyone Posted by joshypants.tay in Pre-Trip reflection | Sep 19, 2014
- Pre-trip Reflection Although I have traveled to Taiwan a few years ago, I am still very excited for this upcoming trip. This is because we would be experiencing the business environment of Taiwan, rather than visiting tourist attractions.
My expectations for the Posted by Yap Jin Hong in BFS Taiwan Study Trip 2014 | Sep 18, 2014
- Joys of SingaporeSingapore was not just what I believed it'd be. Given Singapore's rep as a hyper-clean, hyper-lawful place, I anticipated an extremely regimented, orderly, tidy, and police-significant city. I found none of that.
The truth is, in three days roaming the Posted by tifoxedu in Nomadic Lefty | Sep 18, 2014