- Squeezing Singapore Into Our Backpacker Budget!It only took 5 hours by bus from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. Singapore is a very interesting and enjoyable country, and with a little effort and help, can be done within budget! It is the size of a small Posted by krisses in Indulging the Wanderlust | Jul 9, 2012
- Redang to Tioman July 9Hi We have just taken a boat from our resort to a taxi to a plane ato Singapore to get on a flight to get to Tioman Island. We haven't had access to internet, phone or money for days. Posted by treknbrod in Our Malaysian Adventure 2012 | Jul 8, 2012
- SingaporeLayover time in Changi airport by the rooftop pool.
Posted by katie.hiscock in Party like a sloth. | Jul 6, 2012
- Backpacking SingaporePrestigious red dot design awards had been announced and two of my close friends and colleagues, Avnish and Sandip had made us proud. The award ceremony was in Singapore and we were all excited as we three decided to go Posted by wander-in in Wander-In | Jul 6, 2012
- Flight of the Wrongcord!So I've touched down in Singapore for Day 1, I won't lie I am currently shattered, I was up at 7am on 2nd July saying by to Lucy and its now 9:40pm on the 3rd July with a 12 hour Posted by Red Shoe Diary in Red Shoe Diary | Jul 3, 2012
- First Sights of SingaporeThe hostel is basic but nice and the people here are really friendly. we had to wait around a bit for our room to be cleaned so we explored the local area. Singapore is such a beautiful place that I Posted by jelliott1912 in James and Catherine's Adventures! | Jun 29, 2012
- Dempsey HillWe made our way over to Dempsey Hill, primarily in search of some furniture for the condo. We heard it might be a good place to check. We strolled around the various blocks of the area, but it Posted by DustinH in Our Travel Journal | Jun 26, 2012
- Last DayWe had nearly a whole day left in Singapore. How would we spend it? Taxi ride to sky park? Sitting drinking on the quay across the road? Relaxing by the hotel pool? Nope. Let's walk round and round, up and Posted by justchilling in That's Thailand sorted, now for Cornwall | Jun 23, 2012
- Me old ChinaAfter a late afternoon rest we headed out for Chinatown. The sights, the sounds and the smells were exactly what you might expect. Purchases were made at various street sellers establishments and then we found the eating street. A narrow Posted by justchilling in That's Thailand sorted, now for Cornwall | Jun 22, 2012
- Slumming it with a slingFriday we set out early and headed for the Singapore flyer except - Mick hadn't charged his phone the night before, Mick needed a new memory card for his camera, Mick had forgotten to bring the Samsung tablet with him, Posted by justchilling in That's Thailand sorted, now for Cornwall | Jun 22, 2012
- Check out - Check inCheck out at The Marriott was the simplest thing ever. Stored our cases while we spent every last minute we could by the pool. We showered and changed in the late checkout lounge which we had all to ourselves and Posted by justchilling in That's Thailand sorted, now for Cornwall | Jun 22, 2012
- SingaporeThere are a lot of people who have been asking about Singapore, requesting photos, inquiring about the culture, cuisine, nightlife, etc. We figured the best way we could convey this information would be through an online blog, rather than Posted by DustinH in Our Travel Journal | Jun 20, 2012
- SingaporeAnother stamp in the passport, hello Singapore!
We stayed in Chinatown, which was really cool, a lot of good food!
Singapore was a bit strange, so modern and clean; totally different to everywhere else we have been so far. We Posted by sarah.hellawell in Nick & Sarah's Big Adventure | Jun 17, 2012
- The end of our Singapore VisitAnd here we are sitting in the British Airways lounge awaiting the flight to London. A wonderfully restful day starting with a leisurely breakfast, went to the pool around 10am and there we stayed. Shoo'd greenpeace away twice (who Posted by mandt0413 in Europe & Asia 2012 | Jun 12, 2012
- Day 150: Aching legs and Sydney here we come!May be late night running isn’t conducive to a good nights sleep or maybe we were just too excited about leaving for Australia but either way neither of us slept well, we got up in a bit of a daze Posted by Jolley-Jarvis in Jolley-Jarvis: The World Tour | Jun 12, 2012
- Day 149: Shopping & the Sundown
We had a planned lay in this morning; using our forthcoming late night run as justification. So woke up late and went for breakfast at the bakery in the precinct, where we could also use the universities internet. Breakfast Posted by Jolley-Jarvis in Jolley-Jarvis: The World Tour | Jun 12, 2012
- Day 3 - Singapore (Search for the long lost laundromat) And so into day 3 and Mandy is beside herself........must find a laundromat. It's not enough that we can have 2 items laundered and pressed each day as part of the Exec Club, no we must journey to find that Posted by mandt0413 in Europe & Asia 2012 | Jun 11, 2012
- Singapore, Changi AirportWe landed at Singapore Changi airport about 7:00am on Monday 11th. Checked in for our connecting flight to Phuket. Singapore airport is large and spacious with relaxing loungers everywhere and free foot massage machines. We stopped en route to our Posted by justchilling in That's Thailand sorted, now for Cornwall | Jun 11, 2012
- Munich to SingaporeAfter taking off again from Munich it wasn't long until we were tempted by the lunch menu courtesy of Singapore Airlines. I have to say that up to this point the cabin staff had been very attentive. Hot towels had Posted by justchilling in That's Thailand sorted, now for Cornwall | Jun 10, 2012
- Day 2 - Have I lost count? It's my 3rd HeinekenA nice sleep in and then a 18 km walk. Can't be exact, miss my iPhone Map my Run/Walk and Coffee Counter. Down to one of the biggest shopping centres that I'm ever seen and back in the 34 degree Posted by mandt0413 in Europe & Asia 2012 | Jun 10, 2012
- Singapore-At last the return to our favourite place - Day 1Arrived late last night after a 7 hour flight. Through customs and immigration without problems and after a cheap taxi ride into the city booked into our room. The Grand Copthorne is on the river which meanders through Singapore, we're Posted by mandt0413 in Europe & Asia 2012 | Jun 9, 2012
- Sights and Sounds of SingaporeWe have quickly adapted to the Singapore way of life and enjoyed the following attractions and activities:
* Zoo (fantastic and beautifully laid out - highlights : Elephant rides, animal shows, lots of greenery and free roaming monkeys).
* Singapo Posted by happellfamily12 in La vita in quattro valigie | Jun 7, 2012
- Slumming it in the Ritz CarltonWell, we managed to rationalise a household of goods into four bags and amazingly enough we were under the baggage limit. Our 11.15 flight to Singapore was smooth and it was lovely to arrive in 30 deg heat and have Posted by happellfamily12 in La vita in quattro valigie | Jun 7, 2012
- 7.WE - SingapurNach all den Reisen habe ich mich entschieden mal wieder ein Wochenende in Singapur zu bleiben. Zum einen um endlich mal ein wenig Hausputz zu machen, Emails zu schreiben und auch mal wieder auszuschlafen. Zum anderen um die Reiseplanung für Posted by singapur2012 in Singapur | Jun 4, 2012
- Day 148: Boats, Salads and race build up25/05/12
We woke up and took breakfast in McDonalds so we could use their wi-fi, since it was equally as greasy as what we get at the food halls. Spent some time on the internet replying to emails and sorting Posted by Jolley-Jarvis in Jolley-Jarvis: The World Tour | Jun 3, 2012